Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW Toys

Page: 2 of 4
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 2:55 PM
heard the 18th-19th or around then
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 3:14 PM
Yeah, the 19 of this month. I have the money hidden away within my collection for three cases worth. I am gonna preorder them this week I guess.

Oh, and as for Blockbuster? I got hired on the spot. I get .50 more and they expressed interest in me being promoted because of how I handled the scenarios they put me in. I go to orientation this Saturday, go to training next week on days I have off, and then I start the following week right after my last day at Hollywood. :D
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 4:20 PM
19 eh? Ill buy some around then i suppose, but money is a factor... Im going on a 3 day trip to Maine, at my expense, so ill have to see. I could always sell my rolling stones tickets, i really wanna go to the concert lol. Congrats on the job katarn, thats awsome. Scenarios eh?....you are one hell of a scenarifyer.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 4:27 PM
What do you gotta do in Maine?

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not into concerts. Those are expensive. I've been to one and didn't like it much. I'm content with CDs and radio myself. To save money, order online. I told you before that it's cheaper, especially since this next set costs so much more ($20 retail vs $13 online? I'm going online).
 Okura
08-02-2005, 4:30 PM
Good for you Bon, glad to hear you like them.

Dont count on that maul being worth anything for many, many years..

Mmmmm well I'm sure it will be worth SOME money! Anyway I'd like to get a Luke toy and Han Solo and stuff..... :)

-Okura
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 4:33 PM
Try eBay. Most of the stuff, as we told Bon, is worth close to retail price. There are alot of things worth well over it though, but not your basic main characters.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 4:34 PM
I just might order online to save money. 20 vs. 13 is quite a difference. Im going to maine with 5 freinds just as like a short road trip, 3 days 2 nites. But its at my expense, and id like to go. Well im more into music than you, so concerts interest me.

Yah the maul will have a certian value, but like i said, a long time. It took the figures from 78(9) -85 like 20 years to get to the prime worth, and now the prices kinda linger.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 4:38 PM
You know I'm into oldies and not new stuff. I love the Stones. It's just that I can't enjoy myself at concerts even I like the music. I dunno. I'd rather spend time with people elsewhere and spend money in other ways. How much are the tickets worth? I say go if you haven't seen the Stones yet.

And vintage SW stuff was big in the late '80s and on. They're still worth a lot, but interest in them at toy shows suffers from all the new stuff. I rarely see people running around with vintage stuff. I bet it's because of eBay or something....
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 4:57 PM
ALOT of the stuff i listen to is "oldies" or as i put it, classic rock. The stones, the beatles, the kinks, david bowie, the doors, the who and others are some of my favorites. (my 2 favorite bands are AC/DC and Led Zeppelin however)
Ill Probly go to the concert.

Yah all of my vintage stuff is from an antique toy shop, but one of the conventions around here has them. I frist attended the megafest last year (i worked it) and ill be going this year as well, i dunno if ill work it or not tho. They had a few boothes with vintage, and they had a blue snaggle toothe for 85 dallors, easily c-9, if that guys back, im gonna grab the snaggletoothe..maybe. and now i gotta do this. The fabulous Boston Megafest is brougth to us by the guys at johnstoys, thats www.johnstoys.com) Your #1 source for all things collectible.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:04 PM
Blue Snaggletooth? Nice. The new one they made in that Cantina scene was an awesome idea. Whoever thought of it should be higher up in the Hasbro administration :p

I love the Beatles and Stones. I like the Eagles, Eric Clapton, Clearwater Credance Revival and stuff like that.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:09 PM
I actually never got that 3 pack at target.

I cant beleive i forgot the Eagles and CCR, and Eric Clapton (but when he was in Cream mostly..In the white room....) CCR is easily in my top 10 for bands...easily, i love fortunate son. And hotel california, desperado (lol or in elaines case witchy women), and life in the fast lane...ahh the Eagles. You like good music.
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:17 PM
That's because it was from K-Mart ;)

And yeah, I like to think I like good music too. I only listen to it when driving really. I'm not a music on the PC kinda guy. I have the TV on to listen to.
 Pho3nix
08-02-2005, 5:19 PM
Damn American people.
We didn't even have that many SW toys in Finland.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:24 PM
Crap i hate being wrong, i knew it was K-mart. I got the first 3 pack there, but theres no K-mart around me so i never go. The one time i went, i got the first 3 pack.

I alternate between TV and Music, depednign on the time. from 6-8 sein, sein, sein, simp. 8-11 music (maybe, unless theres something awsome on) 11 family guy, futurama, SNL..
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:29 PM
I see.... Well, it's also not just a tv room, it's the living room. Everyone's here so the TV is most likely to be on and music disturbs them. We don't have headphones for the PC either....

I actually got that K-Mart thing when applying for a job there. I never did finish the application because I saw this one kid who I hate worked there. Last I heard he dropped outta school and ran away or some crap like that. He was messed up....
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:32 PM
Ahh, my Pc is in my room...soo..it doesnt matter.

I wouldnt wana work at k-mart, they all seem so ghetto and messed up.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:34 PM
Ive got my PC,Xbox,ps2 all in my room and next to each other so i can live hear all night :D
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:35 PM
They are around here as well. But they paid like 7.25 starting and their hours were decent.
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:41 PM
Yah i can live in my room too, PC, xbox, Ps2, i still have a vcr. a tv, my collection, a mini fridge, dvd's...alot of em, and my cd player, everything a young man needs.

thats good starting, damn.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 5:43 PM
Its school holidays (summer) atm so i stay up till 2am or even as late as 5am posting on these forums and playing xbox (kotor2 atm)
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 5:43 PM
Yeah it is. And awesome room. Mine's alot smaller than yours. My bed takes up almost a quarter of it. Then I have my stuff.... I practically live in the basement if I'm not on the PC. TV, XBOX, VCR, SNES.... err, toilet :p
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 5:48 PM
yah um usually on here til 3, katarn knows lol. Then ill either watch tv or play doom3 lately. Kotor2, i should finish, im almost done.

My room IS my basement lol.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 6:18 PM
Yer its a good game, i got it yesterday, ive already done 23 hours :S. I play too much
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 6:32 PM
I've slept in my basement but it smells kind of. All the animals. My dragons don't stink since I moved the crickets to my garage but there's guniea pigs and nasty crap.

Yer its a good game, i got it yesterday, ive already done 23 hours :S. I play too much

My game took me 43 hours to beat. Did it in a month. My friend (different one from my last post in that other topic, he's our buddy though and we saw RotS together with my dad) got it used off eBay and his game also took 43 hours. He did it in less than a week ;) He almost got me into Guild Wars, but thank God he didn't. I'd waste all my time there playing a repetative game rather than doing so here talking about nothing :p
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 6:54 PM
43 hours, ill have that within 2 days probably :D
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 7:21 PM
The first game only took me 36 hours. I felt there was more to do in this one, but the character interactions weren't as good. The story was a pretty decent follow up. I enjoyed it. The end was a bit anticlimatic but whatever. I think it's a great game. They're gonna be making minis from the Golden Age (KotOR era). I dunno if I want to get those.... They're coming in the 'Champions of the Force' set. No release date on that. I heard Dec a while ago. More news will develop after Universe Huge has been out for a while. If you like EU, that set'll be for you since 60% of it will be from outside of the movies. Phase I and II Darktroopers are gonna be in it :cool: I can only pray a Jan Ors will come too.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 7:24 PM
Kotor1 took me 25 hours but i rushed it :S
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 7:26 PM
I didn't do every side quest. I got the gameguide half off for getting it the first day it came out. I read through it after I beat it. I missed two or three quests. Not bad. This one I'm confident I got just as much done, if not the whole shebang. I wouldn't waste my money on another guide. Gladius is the only game I thought the guide was worth having for. You ever play that game? It's great ;)
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 7:31 PM
Get online guides!
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 7:36 PM
They suck compared to this. This walks you step by step for everything. Online authors are so biased. They say something sucks and tell you not to use it but fail to list the good things about it. This game guide tells of the pros and cons of every warrior and weapon and recommends some the best tactics and who works well with who. And the artwork in the guide? Beautiful! As for a KotOR II guide online? I just don't care enough to look.

We're way off topic now. We best get back to talking SW toys I guess ;)
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 7:37 PM
hmmm, a convincing argument :D

Yer SW Toys...

I didnt know 2 new mini sets were coming, whats this 2nd one?
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 7:40 PM
Champions of the Force is mostly EU as I said. It's going to introduce the last two factions for the game. So far there is Rebels, Imperials, Republic, and Separatist. Universe Huge is gonna give us the New Republic and Yuuzhan Vong. Champions of the Force is going to have at least the Sith as a faction. People like Exar Kun and those dead folks you heard about from KotOR? They were in a comic series in the mid 90s. Hopefully some KotOR guys, like Bastila, will be included. That'd make me more interested in getting them as well.

And it was confirmed at CIII that after the set that has the Phase III Darktrooper (he's confirmed to be in UH), the following set (CotF) will have the other two versions.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 7:44 PM
im a little confused but sounds cool, i'd like some kotor character figures!

Whats CIII?
 Katarn07
08-02-2005, 8:23 PM
Celebration III. The first SW Celebration was before TPM was released in Colorodo I beleive. The second before AotC was in Indiana. The third, just this year before RotS, was also in Indiana. I did not go to either of the last two, even though it's only a few hours drive.
 Bon Solar
08-02-2005, 8:30 PM
oh right cool,

i just got to a really weird point in kotor2

Kreia killed the council :S
 daring dueler
08-02-2005, 10:53 PM
I wish i went to any of the celebrations, if it were a few hours away i definaly woulda gone.
 Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I Wish they were in England :P
 Katarn07
08-03-2005, 1:01 PM
oh right cool,

i just got to a really weird point in kotor2

Kreia killed the council :S

Err... You shouldn't post spoilers like that. if you insert spoilers into this without spaces: [ spoiler ]Blah Blah Blah[ /spoiler ], you get this: I know, that part of the game was surprising, even though I suspected her all along of being evil Highlight to read that

I didn't really care to go to the Celebrations. Hey, did I tell you what I did miss out on? On the day of my graduation party, there was a screening of RotLA in Chicago. My dad didn't mention it until the party was over. Screw that! I can spend time with family anytime. How often does Indy get shown on the big screen?! :p
 Bastila
08-03-2005, 3:11 PM
I Wish they were in England :P

I wish that as well, in the US they get that and they get comic con as well. We get no big things.
 Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 3:29 PM
Where abouts in England are you Bastilla?

In the first 36 hours of having Kotor2 i played 26 :S
 Bastila
08-03-2005, 3:33 PM
Where abouts in England are you Bastilla?

In the first 36 hours of having Kotor2 i played 26 :S

London off topic i know lol
 Bon Solar
08-03-2005, 3:36 PM
woop, me too :D - South West near Hampton Court Palace (no more detail for you!!)
 Bastila
08-03-2005, 3:45 PM
woop, me too :D - South West near Hampton Court Palace (no more detail for you!!)

Wow typing where i live lol, Hampstead, belsize park way.
 daring dueler
08-03-2005, 11:50 PM
I live in the United States, otherwise known as Gods Chosen Country....Yah i said it.
 ZBomber
08-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeh, home of Aerosmith! \o/
 Katarn07
08-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Err... right behind Israel of course.

*flees from plagues Andrew has started with his blasphemy*
 daring dueler
08-04-2005, 12:01 AM
No No, That was fake Gods land, ever hear of manifest destiny? This is what god wanted the buffalo dead, and the white man to own the us.
 Katarn07
08-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Oh. When you put it that way, it all makes sense. :p
 daring dueler
08-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Dont i know it.

Yah sw toys rules.
 Katarn07
08-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Meh, this whole area is designated to specifics of SW toys. This can now be our official off topic, AIM-like dealie. It's faster than email and sending PMs...
Page: 2 of 4