Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who Likes Anime?

Page: 1 of 4
 GarfieldJL
11-17-2008, 2:00 PM
I personally like Inuyasha, Naruto, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Dragonball and DBZ, that's about it though. Some of the others have okay episodes but never really got into them.
 CommanderQ
11-17-2008, 2:05 PM
Oh, APPLESEED is AWESOME!!! There I made a statement...

I have a couple friends who are probably the biggest Dragonball Z fans ever, if you ask for Goku's middle name, they'll give you it. I don't know how they do it...
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-17-2008, 4:02 PM
I know this isn't exactly anime-related but i advise everyone to listen to Gundam 00 S2's opening, Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi by UVERworld. Awesome.

And speaking of 00, i still only watched it RAW but felt the dialogue was pretty corny and sappy. But still, hell yeah Al.can't beat MISUTAA BUSHIDO: ONE MAN ARMY

failure to recognize MISUTAA BUSHIDO will result in immediate retaliation from MISUTAA BUSHIDO defense squads
 Chevron 7 locke
11-17-2008, 4:14 PM
Inuyasha is good. I like th theme during the band of seven arc
 Lynk Former
11-17-2008, 4:22 PM
LAST EXILE

I'm sure none of you have even heard of it too lol.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
11-17-2008, 6:42 PM
yesssssss gundam 00 7 was awesome.

allelujah and marie sittin in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
 JoeDoe 2.0
11-18-2008, 9:18 AM
^ I had a feeling that it may turn that way..

Also, did anybody else hear? There is a Live action Dragon Ball movie coming out next year... and it looks like baby puke

Judge for yourselves : Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBw-kZWNgoc&eurl=http://www.narutowire.com/watch/e71adb63c6e6c39299da/Clips/AMV-Episode-0)
Why must Hollywood destroy the DB image I revered for so long?
 Aash Li
11-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Have any of you heard of Studio Ghibli? There pretty creative in their many anime movies...

My favourite is Spirited Away. Monoke-hime is good too, but its kinda sad. My Neighbour Tortoro is cute. And I *love* Howls Moving Castle.
 CommanderQ
11-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, Spirited Away is definately one of the best. I have yet to see Howl's Moving Castle, though. I've heard its awesome! Monoke-hime was a bit sad, that probably dampened the outcome a bit, but as you said, it's still good. My Neighbor Totoro was definately cute, and the art of the huge and random smiles were hilarious in my opinion.

I just watched The Cat Returns, the other day, and I thought that one was pretty clever and funny. I couldn't help but chuckle the entire time, Studio Ghibli has definately made alot of good movies.
 Jason Skywalker
11-18-2008, 3:30 PM
Oh, APPLESEED is AWESOME!!! There I made a statement...

I have a couple friends who are probably the biggest Dragonball Z fans ever, if you ask for Goku's middle name, they'll give you it. I don't know how they do it...

Goku doesn't have a middle name.

can't beat MISUTAA BUSHIDO: ONE MAN ARMY

failure to recognize MISUTAA BUSHIDO will result in immediate retaliation from MISUTAA BUSHIDO defense squads

HELL YEAH MISUTAA BUSHIDO.

Wait, you mean Graham, amirite? Oh wait, that's right. It can't possibly be him. He suffered the same wounds Setsuna did when they fought but he died!...Right?
 CommanderQ
11-18-2008, 3:34 PM
Yes, true, Goku doesn't have a middle name, it was just a figure of speech, they like Goku and DragonBallZ.
 Lynk Former
11-18-2008, 6:21 PM
Psh @ Mononoke-hime being too sad.
 CommanderQ
11-18-2008, 8:22 PM
Well, Mononoke was sad...and AWESOME!
 Lantzen
11-25-2008, 4:16 PM
Anyone seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes ? Im on episode 82 of 110 and it's a really nice anime. It's a space anime about two nations that are at war with each other, and you get to follow two main characthers from each side when they climb the ranks in the military and politic in there nation. It's focusing much on the characther development of these two characthers
 Jason Skywalker
11-26-2008, 1:49 PM
^ No, but i'm watching Tytania, which is by the same author and has pretty much the same plot i believe.
 Lantzen
11-26-2008, 2:59 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes)
Even if it's old and maybe not the best looking anime it's really good so i recommend that you start watching it ^^

Edit: And i think i will maybe see if Tytania is something to watch when it's finish or have more episodes, already following too many animes and tv-series in general so i don't want to follow another one that aint finish
 GTA:SWcity
11-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Elfen Lied is ****ing awesome, the end was kind of unsatisfying and I felt bad for the secretary at the beginning, but it's incredible.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!! Ya spoiled it for me. I was going to see if anivide had it for me to watch...

HMMMMPH!
 Jason Skywalker
11-27-2008, 1:42 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes)
Even if it's old and maybe not the best looking anime it's really good so i recommend that you start watching it ^^

Edit: And i think i will maybe see if Tytania is something to watch when it's finish or have more episodes, already following too many animes and tv-series in general so i don't want to follow another one that aint finish

Don't worry, it's already on my list. Too bad my list is really big.
 Lantzen
11-27-2008, 2:47 PM
Mine is also too big, but msot of the ones i want to watch is probaly sucky that i will drop after some episodes. But according to my account at anime-planet i have 79 animes i want to watch, and 14 im watching ^^

Edit: This deserves a doublepost.

Hellsing Ultimate ep5 is out, have been out for a week O.o
 Jason Skywalker
11-28-2008, 5:24 PM
Mine is also too big, but msot of the ones i want to watch is probaly sucky that i will drop after some episodes. But according to my account at anime-planet i have 79 animes i want to watch, and 14 im watching ^^

Damn, talk about having free time.
 Lantzen
11-28-2008, 6:13 PM
Well actually half of the ones im watching is kind of stalled but i see some episodes when i have the time, and the rest are still airing so i it's just one episode/week^^ So im not active watching 14 diffrent animes :xp:

And what can i say, i like tv-series and animes more then movies these times:D
 GTA:SWcity
11-28-2008, 8:54 PM
Anivide.com is a nice place to check stuff out before actually buying something.

What's code Geass like? What's it about?

Also, I never knew about elemental gelade. I have been pleasantly surprised by the manga. Not a bad series.

I think I saw something not too long ago that looked like a one-piece knock off or something...witch craft? magic craft? Fair eough I guess but kind of unimaginative...

Vampire hunter D is awesome and I like ninja scroll.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I just started watching Gundam.
I love it! all the giant robots!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-08-2008, 2:55 AM
 Lynk Former
12-08-2008, 3:12 PM
w1xAyN9kNas
 Jason Skywalker
12-08-2008, 3:52 PM
Hell yeah, NyanNyanroll.
 CommanderQ
12-08-2008, 4:16 PM
I think the techno version was better, it wasn't as monotonous and didn't destroy many brain cells...uhhhhhh
 Aash Li
12-08-2008, 4:29 PM
I got to 0:46 before I realized it was going to endlessly loop. xD What show is this from?
 Chevron 7 locke
12-08-2008, 4:29 PM
I thought it was pretty good.
 Jeff
12-08-2008, 4:30 PM
I got to 0:46 before I realized it was going to endlessly loop. xD What show is this from?Macross Frontier

Man I need to finish watching that...
 Jason Skywalker
12-11-2008, 2:10 PM
First 7 episodes were awesome. From there on to around 20 i think was pretty average. But after that i'd have to say i wet my pants.
 Adavardes
12-11-2008, 2:20 PM
I'm not a huge fan of anime in general, as some of the production value is just poor, but a show I do love, a lot, is Fullmetal Alchemist. The realism and grittiness of it, combined with the lack of fear in hitting hard emotions and touching on death and pain, is refreshing to see in any form of entertainment.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-20-2008, 12:00 AM
next week's naruto chapter:

naruto: YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND 10% OF MY HATE I WAS A FOOL TO THINK I COULD CHANGE MY FATE
eight tails: OH **** SON THAT WAS A KILLER RHYME BUT STEP OFF I'M THE RAPPER HERE
<8 mile rap battle>
 Jason Skywalker
12-20-2008, 5:41 AM
^ AWESOME

Naruto's been pretty cool recently what with the lack of Sasuke and Pain pwning Konoha.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
GATTAI DA, SETSUNA (http://i41.tinypic.com/2uzw4df.jpg)
 Jason Skywalker
12-23-2008, 6:50 AM
Hell yes. :D

Btw, jaymack, have you listened to Masaaki Endo's version of Sorairo Days? If not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UOVXGSqAo)
 Det. Bart Lasiter
12-23-2008, 7:10 AM
Hell yes. :D

Btw, jaymack, have you listened to Masaaki Endo's version of Sorairo Days? If not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UOVXGSqAohmm) dunno, i dont think his voice fits the song.

e:
http://i40.tinypic.com/e6sk91.jpg)
 Aash Li
12-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Kiss x Sis... its an incest anime about two twin sisters that fall in love with their step brother. Normally I dont go for hetero ecchi like this (Candy Boy is a lot better), but it was funny... and absurd.

Theres only one episode out right now... but if you want a laugh then go watch it. :x
 Jeff
01-02-2009, 4:05 PM
I finished Macross Frontier last night. Overall I really enjoyed it though there were some parts that I really didn't like, mostly decisions made in the last couple of episodes. The final battle in episode 25 kind of redeemed it for me, but I still didn't like how wide open it was left. I am much more interested in the love triangle of Ranka, Sheryl, and Alto rather than Frontier's fight against the Vajra so to see nothing resolved was kind of disappointing.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-02-2009, 4:14 PM
 A_Dead_Jedi
01-02-2009, 4:27 PM
I just finished re-watching Outlaw Star... A true classic.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-02-2009, 4:59 PM
AT Field?absolute terror joke heh

I just finished re-watching Outlaw Star... A true classic.i want a caster and some shells
 Jason Skywalker
01-02-2009, 5:46 PM
I finished Macross Frontier last night. Overall I really enjoyed it though there were some parts that I really didn't like, mostly decisions made in the last couple of episodes. The final battle in episode 25 kind of redeemed it for me, but I still didn't like how wide open it was left. I am much more interested in the love triangle of Ranka, Sheryl, and Alto rather than Frontier's fight against the Vajra so to see nothing resolved was kind of disappointing.

Wait 'till the movie comes out, should give some conclusion.
 DarthYuugi
01-02-2009, 5:58 PM
Meh best anime is Yu-GI-OH Abriged

classic' funny the random cameos

Even has DDR

:urpboun::blubounc: :yelbounc: :redbounc: :bounmult: :bounfire:
 Aash Li
01-02-2009, 6:34 PM
Yu gi oh abridged, is that the series thats on Youtube? If so I love that.

I download Chaos; Head. Its weird, with a capital WE. lol Pretty girls though... damn 2chan wallpaper board made me check it out. hehe
 Jeff
01-05-2009, 5:13 PM
I watched the first episode of White Album (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10134) today, it just started airing in Japan on the 3rd. The main reason that I was interested in it is because it stars Aya Hirano but it's too early to tell if it will be any good or not. One thing I don't get is why Aya didn't sing the OP or the ED. :/
 Aash Li
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Just finished watching Chaos; Head... and it was really interesting. But really strange. I give it 10 delusional stars! hehe
 Lantzen
01-06-2009, 7:57 AM
Name a good figthing anime or similar with a main characther that ain't a retarded good guy, i want the main characther to be badass. If you have seen Samurai Deeper Kyo, then something like him. I really don't feel like watching another anime with the main characthers goal in life is to do so much good he can or protect someone. Started watching Fate/Stay Night but coulden't stand Shirou at the moment. Will probaly try to watch it again later, but i really don't feel for a show with that kind of main characther at the moment.

So, any tips ?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-06-2009, 9:22 AM
watch seto no hanayome nagasumi stops bullets WITH HIS GAR at the end

also it is a romance anime

http://i44.tinypic.com/9tlfgz.jpg)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2eluyrm.jpg)

http://i42.tinypic.com/rs4sc8.jpg)
 Jason Skywalker
01-06-2009, 4:00 PM
I watched the first episode of White Album (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10134) today, it just started airing in Japan on the 3rd. The main reason that I was interested in it is because it stars Aya Hirano but it's too early to tell if it will be any good or not. One thing I don't get is why Aya didn't sing the OP or the ED. :/

Because Nana Mizuki > Aya Hirano in terms of establishment as a singer and voice actor, IMO.

watch seto no hanayome nagasumi stops bullets WITH HIS GAR at the end

also it is a romance anime

~snip~

HELL YES SETO NO HANAYOME

Every episode should be like the last one.

Btw, jaymack, has your first kiss already been taken by Masa-san?~
Page: 1 of 4