Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who Likes Anime?

Page: 2 of 4
 Lynk Former
01-07-2009, 3:35 AM
Also, Aya Hirano has this look where you feel like your IQ is being sucked into a black hole...
 Jeff
01-07-2009, 8:29 AM
Someone please tell him he's crazy...

http://i41.tinypic.com/m8d7rl.jpg)

Soooooo kawaii <3 <3 <3
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-07-2009, 9:32 AM
snapple is delicious
 DarthYuugi
01-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Wow Weird Pics lol :D

Yu gi oh abridged, is that the series thats on Youtube? If so I love that.

Yes thats the one :)
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-08-2009, 4:30 PM
yesssssss the new shippuuden ed is awesome

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vkxdf4.jpg)

http://i39.tinypic.com/14mz0qt.jpg)

MANLY TEARS AND MOE
 Jason Skywalker
01-09-2009, 2:19 PM
BACHIKOI BACHIKOI BABY!

Awesome ED is awesome.

Btw, anyone catch Kurokami or Black God in the States?
 Aash Li
01-13-2009, 7:13 PM
I remember watching Seto no Hanayome now. I had to look it up. Its cute.

Im really like White Album too. Even though theres only two episodes. Its quite romantic, the artwork and detail put into is really amazing. Animation is really well done too. :D
 GTA:SWcity
01-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Damn. I never knew how cute hinata was. I hope she has the curvy shapely body when she's older in order to contrast her gentle persona. I haven't checked up on naruto in some time.

Rukia, though petite and...rail flat, has quite the personality.

I always thought Temari was quite a looker, though.

Meh, most anime girls end up goddeses in their own right.

Revy, well, something quite hollywood about her. It's almost like her abusive drunken psychotic rages are her high point. Something kinda hot about how hateful she gets all of a sudden, yet maintains proffessionality.

Guess she's so tough and mean that she has to find a gentlemanly guy to trap down or she'll never land anyone.
 igyman
01-31-2009, 10:40 AM
BACHIKOI BACHIKOI BABY!

QFE :lol:

Naruto Shippuuden has been pretty good so far. Too bad the current anime arc is a filler, but I expect what follows to be utter awesomeness. Hidan was definitely the most hilarious villain ever, I just loved that guy.

Recently I've also been watching Bleach at the recommendation of one of my friends. Overall I think it's pretty good, though the Bount filler arc was more boring than all of the Naruto fillers put together. Thank whatever force you want that's over and the show got back to more serious things.
 Aash Li
01-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Shigofumi is an excellent series. Made me cry alot (but in a good way).

Yozakura Quartet finished with episode 12. That was pretty cool too.
 Lantzen
01-31-2009, 2:29 PM
Igy you never though about skipping the filler arch ? And from my understanding only half Naruto is filler, from what i heard he really does train with those frogs, and i think i died a little inside when i heard it.

Otherwise im rewatching the whole Code Geass with a friend that used to hate animes. I convinced him to watch one episode of it and he loved it, big success :D
 igyman
01-31-2009, 2:52 PM
If you mean the Naruto filler arc, nope. It is a filler, but they tend to connect it to the manga arcs, like they did with the previous one, so I don't want to miss out on the story and besides this filler seems decent enough.
As for the frog training, Naruto will definitely go train with them, but as far as I've heard, it's nothing like what we're seeing in these episodes.

As for the Bleach Bount filler, same reason. I did consider skipping the Amagai Shusuke filler arc, since it isn't connected to the main story in any way, but aside for that filler's lousy timing, the story was decent and so was the villain.
 Mav
01-31-2009, 4:00 PM
When you compare the Shippuuden and Bleach filler arcs to the original Naruto fillers, the new ones are much more welcomed, those 85 or so episodes are complete and utter crap.
 igyman
01-31-2009, 4:33 PM
Mostly true. There were maybe one or two original Naruto filler arcs that I didn't find boring.
 Rogue Nine
01-31-2009, 5:07 PM
Damn. I never knew how cute hinata was. I hope she has the curvy shapely body when she's older in order to contrast her gentle persona. I haven't checked up on naruto in some time.

Rukia, though petite and...rail flat, has quite the personality.

I always thought Temari was quite a looker, though.

Meh, most anime girls end up goddeses in their own right.

Revy, well, something quite hollywood about her. It's almost like her abusive drunken psychotic rages are her high point. Something kinda hot about how hateful she gets all of a sudden, yet maintains proffessionality.

Guess she's so tough and mean that she has to find a gentlemanly guy to trap down or she'll never land anyone.
You are a lonely, lonely little boy, aren't you? :xp:

Why is there no good anime anymore? Everything that I've tried to watch recently has been crap.
 Jeff
01-31-2009, 6:12 PM
Why is there no good anime anymore? Everything that I've tried to watch recently has been crap.Yeah, there isn't a whole lot that I've been able to find either. Besides Bleach the most recent anime I watched was Macross Frontier and I was way behind on that. The only thing I'm watching right now is that White Album, I have not been able to find anything else new that catches my interest.
 LadyRevan
02-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I LOVE ANIME!!!

I couldn't tell you what my favorite one is though cause I don't think I have one. I love naruto though... and rozen maiden... though thats obvious from my user picture.
 Lynk Former
02-01-2009, 12:49 AM
It's because I stopped watching anime so the folks who make em thought "Well if Lynk isn't watching anymore, then I guess we just won't try anymore either"... *nods*

*looks around*
 Aash Li
02-01-2009, 12:57 AM
You guys watching only the liscensed stuff off Adult Swim or something? Is that why you cant find any good stuff? What is your criteria for "good anime" Cause Ive got a hard drive that does nothing but store anime. >.> Well that and pictures, my art, and stuff I download...

Everyone though, should download and watch Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro.

>.>
<.<

Its not gross or anything...
 Lynk Former
02-01-2009, 1:44 AM
I don't even watch Adult Swim.
 Aash Li
02-01-2009, 9:18 PM
I suggest Maria+Holic for those who like yuri and parodies, its like Maria-sama ga Miteru and Strawberry Panic, and Ouran Highschool Host Club all smushed together into one huge, horribly funny show.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-01-2009, 9:20 PM
Igy you never though about skipping the filler arch ? And from my understanding only half Naruto is filler, from what i heard he really does train with those frogs, and i think i died a little inside when i heard it.

Otherwise im rewatching the whole Code Geass with a friend that used to hate animes. I convinced him to watch one episode of it and he loved it, big success :Dhe does train with the frogs, but not quite like that. the whole training arc is less ridiculous than the filler **** right now, but it's well worth it to see him wail on pain and show up tsunade.

Why is there no good anime anymore? Everything that I've tried to watch recently has been crap.>:|

http://i44.tinypic.com/dqkv1l.gif)
 Aash Li
02-01-2009, 9:43 PM
Maria+holic also reminds me of FLCL and Lucky Star. lol This show is so weird. hehe
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
taisa ;_;
 Sabretooth
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh hey this thread heh

I'm watching Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae if anyone wants to know
 Jason Skywalker
02-02-2009, 2:39 PM

Why is there no good anime anymore? Everything that I've tried to watch recently has been crap.

Xam'd: Lost Memories
Michiko to Hatchin
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Casshern Sins

On another note, TTGL movie is out on DVD in April. :D
 Lantzen
02-02-2009, 2:54 PM
Finally, have tryed to find it for like forever. That explains why i haven't even be able to found raws of it :D

@jmac7142: Ok, good to know ^^
@Aash Li: Think im gonna start watch Maria+holic when there are more episodes out. Have the first episode on my computer but haven't watched it yet, but it seems to be a good/funny show
 Sabretooth
02-03-2009, 8:20 AM
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Tried it just now on your recommendation and loved it, superb voice acting and visuals. The whole war aesthetic reminds me of Advance Wars. :D Disappointed with the lacklustre OP though. The ending is okay.

This one should be some great watching. :)
 Prime
02-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, there isn't a whole lot that I've been able to find either. Besides Bleach the most recent anime I watched was Macross Frontier and I was way behind on that. The only thing I'm watching right now is that White Album, I have not been able to find anything else new that catches my interest.Me three. I really enjoyed Macross Frontier, as I am a longtime fan, but other than that I haven't found anything of interest in ages.

You guys watching only the liscensed stuff off Adult Swim or something? Is that why you cant find any good stuff? I don't watch Adult Swim here in Canada. So to a large degree what I watch I find from word-of-mouth, apart from series like Macross and GitS that I have followed for a long time. Most of the stuff I see mentioned tends to be geared for an audience a lot younger than me, and so I have no real interest. It has been quite a while since I've even seen anything I want to try.

What is your criteria for "good anime" Cause Ive got a hard drive that does nothing but store anime.For me, it tends to be more mature and serious shows geared towards a bit older audience. Pretty vague I know. :p
 Aash Li
02-03-2009, 1:20 PM
Hmm... Im in my mid 30s, and I still watch the stuff thats geared for girls (and sometimes boys), in their teens and 20s.
 Jason Skywalker
02-03-2009, 5:41 PM
Tried it just now on your recommendation and loved it, superb voice acting and visuals. The whole war aesthetic reminds me of Advance Wars. :D Disappointed with the lacklustre OP though. The ending is okay.

This one should be some great watching. :)

What episode are you on? And agreed, the OP is a bit weak on the animation, but you wouldn't believe the hordes of RUN AWAY i've seen. Too bad the last episode just aired today.

Me three. I really enjoyed Macross Frontier, as I am a longtime fan, but other than that I haven't found anything of interest in ages.

You might wanna try out Basquash, it premieres this April. It's about basketball and mechas, and the director is Shoji Kawamori of Macross, and the studio animating it is Satelight. Pretty weird but interesting at the same time.

Also, one of the characters is voiced by Alto's seiyuu.
 Sabretooth
02-03-2009, 9:34 PM
What episode are you on? And agreed, the OP is a bit weak on the animation, but you wouldn't believe the hordes of RUN AWAY i've seen. Too bad the last episode just aired today.
I take my anime nice and slow rather than heaping up on as many episodes as possible. :D I watched the first episode yesterday and will watch the second today.
 Serpentine Cougar
02-08-2009, 4:01 PM
Anyone else anticipating FMA 2?
 CSI
02-08-2009, 4:16 PM
Anyone else anticipating FMA 2?

The manga is still ongoing, isn't it...Oh well.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-08-2009, 4:59 PM
:chinaman:
 Serpentine Cougar
02-08-2009, 5:15 PM
Yes, but they're making another anime.
 ZimmMaster
02-08-2009, 7:05 PM
Naruto Shippuden
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-08-2009, 8:11 PM

The dead walk. CSI walks.
 Prime
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
You might wanna try out Basquash, it premieres this April. It's about basketball and mechas, and the director is Shoji Kawamori of Macross, and the studio animating it is Satelight. Pretty weird but interesting at the same time.OK thanks for that. I'll take a look...
 Sabretooth
02-09-2009, 3:12 AM
Ehh I quit Xam'd. The first episode was great, looked very promising. Subsequent episodes have resulted in my interest declining to the point that I'm thoroughly bored of the series by Episode 5.

It's clichéed fantasy and the whole Xam'd/Humanform things don't look good either. If anything, I'll give it credit for artistic originality. When Nakiami uses that weird plank to descend from her cool starfighter, it blew my mind. :D
 Mav
02-09-2009, 3:14 AM
That was short-lived Sabre :xp:
 Sabretooth
02-09-2009, 3:57 AM
That was short-lived Sabre :xp:
I like class in my anime. :xp:

Mostly like only the top-of-the-top anime a lot, and feel indifferent to most aveage anime like Xam'd. Among my favourites would be Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Wolf's Rain, Serial Experiments: Lain and Stand-Alone Complex. Also liked Trinity Blood and Le Chevalier d'Eon, so don't consider me a bad man. ^O^
 Lantzen
02-09-2009, 6:50 AM
Anyone else anticipating FMA 2? Ehhm, didnt't they split up the storyline from the manga near the end ? So that most mean they will make a whole new storyline, and not follow the manga ? And what about the movie they released, will they just ignore it ? (Not that i mind, being stuck in our world during WW2 really didn't do it for me)

And just to be 100% sure, FMA = Fulltmetall Alchemist, right ?
 Jason Skywalker
02-09-2009, 8:31 AM
Ehh I quit Xam'd. The first episode was great, looked very promising. Subsequent episodes have resulted in my interest declining to the point that I'm thoroughly bored of the series by Episode 5.

It's clichйed fantasy and the whole Xam'd/Humanform things don't look good either. If anything, I'll give it credit for artistic originality. When Nakiami uses that weird plank to descend from her cool starfighter, it blew my mind. :D

Lawl.

But, you never got to met the awesomeness that is Raigyo.:(
 Serpentine Cougar
02-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Ehhm, didnt't they split up the storyline from the manga near the end ? So that most mean they will make a whole new storyline, and not follow the manga ? And what about the movie they released, will they just ignore it ? (Not that i mind, being stuck in our world during WW2 really didn't do it for me)

And just to be 100% sure, FMA = Fulltmetall Alchemist, right ?

Yes, the FullMetal Alchemist Anime and movie sequel were quite disappointing. But I'm hoping they start over and follow the manga more closely. The eye at the beginning of this short trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU-mFYBZToE) looks like something in the manga. I'm hopeful. At least I can dream, can't I?
 GTA:SWcity
02-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Does Beavis and Butt-Head count?

I also like the Street Fighter anime...

What is a good one with rats--not a cute one, not one with hamsters...
Just rats. Do they have any of those? I think rats kick ass.

Slayers, I just saw some. Y' know, I thought it was geared towards little kids,but I was wrong--it's actually pretty funny. Geared towards general audiences--13+ I'd say...I mean if lina gets boob jealousy over other girls with bigger busts. Typical 15 year old. It is SO styled after the '80s. I'm also not too sure that Zero in megaman X games isn't based off the blonde dude in Slayers.

Hmm... Im in my mid 30s, and I still watch the stuff thats geared for girls (and sometimes boys), in their teens and 20s.

Well, at least you are not like a classmate of mine in college who loved sailor moon. She's in her mid 20s. I do not see this trend going away for her either.

Not sure these qualify:
I guess it is sentiment from childhood, but zelda and mario bros and sonic. Captain N as well....and the old megaman cartoon--y'know, the one series voiced by the same guy who did goku in DBZ? (I don't really care all that much-or at all- about the battle network series.)
 igyman
02-12-2009, 4:41 AM
There's a Street Fighter anime? Where?!:freakout:
 Kjшlen
02-18-2009, 1:28 PM
Inuyasha, Love Hina, Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, Banner of the Stars III, Elfen Lied, Scrapped Princess, Onegai Teacher/Twins, Kannagi, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Bleach, Pokémon, Ergo Proxy, Angel Links, Outlaw Star, Samurai 7, Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Geneshaft, Midori Days, Karin, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Rozen Maiden, Spice and Wolf.

Yes, I've got a lot of weird anime mixed in, but meh. :xp:
 Lynk Former
02-18-2009, 9:19 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I could do with a refreshing TENTACLE GRAPE (http://www.twilightlynk.com/forums/t4/12/#post4170) right about now.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-18-2009, 9:33 PM
sweet the same company makes condoms too
Page: 2 of 4