Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWK's Weekly Mod Report (notification)

Page: 1 of 3
 Darth333
07-09-2005, 7:59 PM
Since the old thread has disappeared, let<s start a new one...

This is just to announce that we just posted the weekly mod report at StarWarsKnights.com (http://www.starwarsknights.com/) .

I hope I did not forgot any HL modder. If I did so, just PM me.

Keep up with the good work everyone! :)
 tk102
07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the publicity Darth333. :)
 RevanA4
07-09-2005, 11:24 PM
yeah um that's the frist time any name of mine has been mentioned
 RedHawke
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Thank you for the publicity Darth333. :)
Agreed! :D

At least we didn't lose the StarWarsKnights page! ;)
 stoffe
07-10-2005, 4:42 AM
Originally posted by www.starwarsknights.com)

Finally, Stoffe -mkb- updated his TSLPatcher to help modders make mods compatible with each other.

I should perhaps mention that the 1.1.3 file was just a "quick update" to add a specific feature someone asked for, since the "real" next version is taking some time.

As such, that archive only contained the patcher EXE itself and not the TalkEd and ChangeEdit utility programs that are useful for configuring the tslpatcher, or that mess of a readme that describes a bit of how it works.

Could be a bit confusing if someone who hasn't downloaded the previous version before gets that archive from the Tools page, since it's just an EXE that does nothing when run in that state. :)
 Darth333
07-10-2005, 8:48 AM
ok, thanks Stoffe. Unfortunately I did not have the time to test the update prior posting the news. I just fixed that on the news page and on the download page. If there is any other innacuracy, please let me know.
 stoffe
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
If there is any other innacuracy, please let me know.

Thanks. The link to download v1.1.2 results in a 404 Not Found page, but other than that I don't think there are any more problems. :)

(I think the two extra spaces before the filename in the URI causes that...)
 Darth333
07-10-2005, 2:59 PM
argh! Just fixed it: it was a stupid copy/paste mistake. Sorry about that.
 Prime
07-11-2005, 8:43 AM
DId we "lose" any mods due to the post loss?
 Darth333
07-11-2005, 9:00 AM
Yes, we lost a few ones :( but I've PMd the authors.
 Prime
07-11-2005, 9:07 AM
Yes, we lost a few ones :( but I've PMd the authors. Ah, OK. I knew you'd be on top of things. I'll keep an eye out for this weeks mods for next weeks report. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-11-2005, 9:37 AM
Originally posted by Prime
DId we "lose" any mods due to the post loss?
I'm glad you posted this Prime ;)

I checked the link on SWK.com that was pointing to my Ba-Dur Armor and it leads to a completely different LucasForum :o

Should I make another "release" thread for the Bao-Dur Armor? It's been out for awhile... so I'm not sure what you moderator types would prefer ;)
 Jeff
07-11-2005, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
I'm glad you posted this Prime ;)

I checked the link on SWK.com that was pointing to my Ba-Dur Armor and it leads to a completely different LucasForum :o

Should I make another "release" thread for the Bao-Dur Armor? It's been out for awhile... so I'm not sure what you moderator types would prefer ;)
Its at PCGM isn't it? Is all you lost the link, or am I not getting something?
 Darth333
07-11-2005, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Sure, go ahead! I pMd only the authors who have posted their mods on other external sites than PCGM but I encourage you to start a new thread! :)
 ChAiNz.2da
07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Sure, go ahead! I pMd only the authors who have posted their mods on other external sites than PCGM but I encourage you to start a new thread! :)
Will do :)

If for nothing else, at least it'll "reside" to report bugs and such .. hehehe

@DarthMoeller

The links over at SWK.com usually point to the LucasForums release thread for that particular mod. So that visitors will not only know the link to follow for the mod, but they will know that a thread exists for the mod in order to report problems/feedback/etc. :)

EDIT: Done! :) the new URL is:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149501)
 Prime
07-17-2005, 11:21 PM
The mod report for this week is up on swknights.com...
 CDRSeadog
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
*chuckles* Leave it up to the lovely lady, Darth333:-)

Anyway - just posted up your new "Weekly Holowan Laboratories Mod Report" over at both RPGDot, and at KotORDot (see links below):

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/)

http://www.rpgdot.com/)

Additionally, I'd enjoy hearing from some of you (i.e. Darth333, Prime, Achilles, ChAiNz.2da, etc.) regarding our very same KotORDot website...not only am I looking for new AdventureDot Editors (hey - as Editor-In-Chief, I deserve a break:-), but I've been running the idea across my "CEO" to "staff up" some of our mostly dead "affiliate websites" like KotORDot, SiegeDot, MorrowindDot, etc...and I am open to ideas and suggestions:-)

Take care...until next report!!!
 ChAiNz.2da
07-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CDRSeadog
Additionally, I'd enjoy hearing from some of you (i.e. Darth333, Prime, Achilles, ChAiNz.2da, etc.) regarding our very same KotORDot website...
I thought I had seen you browsing here, and sure enough you post this not too soon afterwards... hehehe :p

I just came from your KotORDot site to be honest (before even seeing this)... Everything is looking great man :thumbsup: and again, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for us here... (though I regret having missed out on this week's report)...

no worries, I have a Booster Pack mod that may be ready for next week's ...hehehe

and I agree, as EIC.. you definitely need a break... that's why you have "lackies" isn't it :dev11: :lol:

Always good to see you around my friend :)
 CDRSeadog
07-19-2005, 1:07 PM
Ahhh ChAiNz.2da...always a pleasure to see you, my friend - and thank you. Btw - I might have an "offer you can't refuse" re KotORDot (if you might be interested)...just let me know:-)
 Simbacca
07-19-2005, 5:57 PM
there was also and interesting, and clever, little KotOR 1 mod released.

it was called Spectrumsaber. it creates a saber crystal that when put in a lightsaber, the blade changes colors from red to blue to yellow to green and everything in between.

now i had to make some alterations to this after i downloaded it to allow it to exist without replacing any other saber, as well as to add a short spectrumsaber as well. i am about to work on adding a double spectrumsaber.

now i am not sure if the maker, DarthChooie, is Holowan modder or not come to think of it. prolly why the mod was left off the list...

i still think its clever though
 CDRSeadog
07-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Oh, and a pleasure to hear from you as well, Achilles:-)
 stingerhs
07-23-2005, 1:47 AM
well, i just posted the latest stuff @ the site.....
 ChAiNz.2da
07-30-2005, 2:41 PM
Well, the hazing is over (at least I think it is) ;) and so now it comes down to the "initiation".

I could've sworn those things were supposed to be the same, but the others keep telling me "No, No.. they're seperate"
why do they always laugh & wink to each other after they say that?... hehehe ;)

-----------

Anywho... I've just posted this week's Mod Report over at StarWarsKnights (http://www.starwarsknights.com/) so go take a peek and give the hard-working modders here a big

"Way To Go!" :thumbsup:

If you notice anything I've missed, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll post the corrections :)

Enjoy!
 General Kenobi
07-30-2005, 3:48 PM
Thanks for the include ChAiNz :D :thumbsup:

:ben:
General Kenobi
 tk102
07-30-2005, 3:50 PM
Though I didn't really meet your deadline, I *just* released some XML-GFF conversion utilities on swk.com. ...

Check out your release thread :D - ChAiNz.2da
 RedHawke
07-30-2005, 9:29 PM
Thanks as well for the publicity there ChAiNz! :D
 CDRSeadog
07-31-2005, 9:40 AM
In case anyone had not noticed - I've been offline for roughly 9.5 days after my cable internet connection "gave up the ghost" (so to speak)...anyway - the main reason I mention this is to let some of you know that my old e-mail address has now changed, and that any e-mail sent to me by you on or after 20 thru 29 July 2005 was never received, and now impossible to retrieve (seeing as how I now have a different ISP :)

Be that as it may - I did notice today that ChAiNz.2da did a most excellent job with his "initiation"...you are certainly welcomed to visit either RPGDot and/or our affiliate KotORDot and see for yourselves :)

**Btw, I did update my e-mail address here at the Holowan *chuckles*
 Darth333
07-31-2005, 9:51 AM
Thanks for posting this over at rpgdot.com CDRSeadog :) Always good to see you on the boards! Hope you like the new look!
 ChAiNz.2da
07-31-2005, 10:21 AM
CDR! you old "Seadog" :xp: It's always a pleasure when you visit us! :D

And you flatter me... seriously, you used big words that made me go to dictionary.com to find out what you were calling me.. :fist: hehehe

"indefatigable" - Incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued; tireless.
I really need to boost my vocabulary ;)

Thank you for the posts my friend, you're constantly helping us out and we really appreciate you and all the effort you put into giving the modders here a little recognition... I don't know how we could ever repay you, but at least know that you've always got the support and gratitude of the entire Holowan Labs roster. Plus many of us who like to call you a friend :)
 CDRSeadog
08-03-2005, 11:51 AM
It takes some getting used to, lady Darth333 - but yes, it is a much more pleasant look to the Holowan.

Always a pleasure to see and hear from you. I'm keeping busy at AdventureDot - you know, hiring in some new staff, going over resumes, researching new project ideas...it is getting the the point that I find it difficult to even find the time to settle back with a cold schooner or two of beer *chuckles*

Still...always a pleasure:-)

**Oh - be on the lookout to your e-mail in the next day or so. We are still rotfloao over a rather amusing prank I played upon my fellow Editors over at RPGDot last Sunday...I'd explain it all here but for the fact I can't upload the photograph (and you know what they say - a picture is worth a thousand words).
 CDRSeadog
08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Indeed, ChAiNz.2da...to be very honest - that is how my parents taugh me anything.

If I wanted to know how to spell a word, or even to know what the word might mean - I was told "Go look it up in the Dictionary"!!

If I wanted to know some odd or end of information - I was told "Go look it up in the Encyclopedia (or whatever applicable book or series of books we had at the house)"!!

Juxtaposition that with the fact that I was fortunate enough to have some very inspiring and encouraging teachers throughout my youngest academic days (and having a G.I. Bill to finance my way through my college years with one of my majors in English)...and all of this has made me the gentleman I am to this day:-)

I will always be more than happy to support the efforts of you all here at the Holowan...you all most certainly dedicate your own personal hours, efforts, talents, and even sometimes money in order that fellow gamers might get more out of their game than the developer could have ever originally imagined possible...even I still try my hand at both KotOR and KotOR 2 once in a while just to see how one of the new Holowan mods and/or tools would work:-)

And it is always a pleasure to hear from you as well, my friend:-)
 CDRSeadog
08-06-2005, 9:06 AM
Btw, I don't know who is doing this week's "Weekly Holowan Mod Report" for StarWarsKnights.com, but I did catch your newsbit entitled "George Lucas, Eyes The Future"...so you may very well want to peruse either RPGDot or KotORDot to see my own spin on your report *chuckles*
 Darth333
08-06-2005, 8:22 PM
The new weekly mod report has just been posted :) Keep up the good work everyone!
 CDRSeadog
08-07-2005, 1:01 PM
I know...good job, lady Darth333 - if you feel like blushing - then just mosey on over to either RPGDot or KotORDot - I just did my little newsbit re your report *chuckles*
 CDRSeadog
08-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice job on this week's "Holowan Mod & Utility Report", my friend...I just posted it (albeit with my own, unique spin on it) over on our RPGDot and KotORDot websites:-)
 T7nowhere
08-14-2005, 11:46 AM
Cool. :)
 CDRSeadog
08-21-2005, 7:26 PM
T7nowhere - that's a rather uncomplimentary photograph of you, *chuckles*

Be that as it may - I have just finished doing my "spin doctor" touch on Prime's most excellent weekly holowan report - you all should know where to observe my reporting of what the Holowan is doing by now:-)
 Darth333
08-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Another week, some more mods...check out the summary to make sure you didn't miss anything: http://www.starwarsknights.com/)

(and if I'm the one who missed something, let me know :p )
 RedHawke
08-28-2005, 12:28 AM
^^^^
The link to stoffe's mods thread needs to be fixed. :p Other than that it's cool! :D
 CDRSeadog
08-29-2005, 3:48 PM
I wasn't around to do any reporting yesterday, so I didn't get to make the lady Darth333 blush until this afternoon - when I once again did my newsbit re her Weekly Mod Release report over on StarWarsKnights.com which (of course) can be seen either at RPGDot, or on our KotORDot websites:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Hmmmm...no Holowan "Weekly Mod Release" Report this weekend??

Must be due to the Labor Day holiday weekend:-)
 ChAiNz.2da
09-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Hmmmm...no Holowan "Weekly Mod Release" Report this weekend??

Must be due to the Labor Day holiday weekend:-)
Hey CDR!

yah, I've got the "parental units" in town visiting from Michigan, and we all know how "Mothers" can be ;) hehehe...

The Weekly Mod Report is now up!

Let me know if I've missed someone :D

http://www.starwarsknights.com/)
 CDRSeadog
09-04-2005, 2:26 PM
Excellent, Chainz.2da...I'll do my particular spin on it and have it up for you to peruse at either RPGDot, or KotORDot, within a couple of minutes:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-04-2005, 2:40 PM
*chuckles* It's good to be the Senior Editor *chuckles again*

The damage is done:-)

Oh, and I believe congratulations are in order for Prime...good show, my friend - I kept that joyous news in today's reporting as well:-)
 CDRSeadog
09-11-2005, 9:35 AM
Ok, t7nowhere, you're now in the limelight (so to speak), my friend *chuckles*

Did my spin and posted the latest Mod report on both our RPGDot, and the KotORDot websites.

Btw - you may want to check much later in the day - I'm thinking of doing one of RPGDot's "Side Quest" Editorials re my favorite mods/modsites...so quite naturally the Holowan will play a part of that particular editorial as well:-)
 TheOssusKeeper
09-11-2005, 9:56 AM
oh ma' gosh, oh ma' gosh :bounce1: *jumps around room joyously* :bounce1: I can’t believe me and my mod was mentioned in the weekly mod report for 9/4/05 over at SWK... :emodanc: *runs around room insanely, smacks into wall, knocks self out* :joy:

thanks ChAiNz...

Edit:
*wakes up from previous mishap*
*sees name further down the page (8/27/05), and has a repeat of the jumping around room bit* :bounce1:

thanks Darth333...
 ChAiNz.2da
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
oh ma' gosh, oh ma' gosh :bounce1: *jumps around room joyously* :bounce1: I can’t believe me and my mod was mentioned in the weekly mod report
hehehe.... Membership has it's priveleges ;)

If you want another 'ego stroke', our good friend CDRSeadog also adds our Mod Reports to these sites... with his own colorful & flavorful twists as well (which is a great help for us here at Holowan) :D

Your particluar mod for 9/04 can be found here if you like to see your name "in lights"... hehehe http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?disp=2005-09-04#41627)

That's why we like to stress to the Holowan modders to please start a release thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645) for any new mod they produce. Any word we can get out to the public only helps you the modder, and of course, the players as well :)

Be sure to give CDR your thanks too, he's come through for us countless times :)
 oldflash
09-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Many Thanks for including my mods in "Weekly Mod Release" in both sites
I'm happy to see that
I really am
 TheOssusKeeper
09-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow! Just Wow! Thanks CDR, Chainz and Darth333... :D
 CDRSeadog
09-11-2005, 3:47 PM
Never a problem, my friends...you are all welcomed, and it is my pleasure.

You may want to check out my "Side Quest" Editorial for today over at RPGDot...I not only briefly mentioned the Holowan Laboratories as one of my own "recommended" modsites...but I also gave my own "spin" on "Mod Engineers", "Mods", "Mod Communities", and the trials and tribulations that go hand in hand with being a Mod Engineer and contributing selflessly to the gaming community. Quite frankly - I am rather pleased with the piece - it's a great way of introducing the "newbie" to what is really out there on this vast and virtual world we call the internet.

Again, as my good friend ChAiNz.2da had mentioned - you can read that particular editorial - also put out this morning, at our RPGDot link - it is in the bold headlines for today entitled "Side Quest: Bring On The Mods":

Page: 1 of 3