Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWK's Weekly Mod Report (notification)

Page: 2 of 3
 T7nowhere
09-11-2005, 7:27 PM
That was a good read, I'll look for the next one. :) And as always thanks for the added Publicity for Holowan :)
 CDRSeadog
09-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Never a problem, my friend *chuckles* You and I are what's left of the "old school" of Kotor "modders"...I can still remember:-)

Btw - obviously you've been suffering from some very "bad hair days" of late :)
 ChAiNz.2da
09-12-2005, 9:07 AM
Excellent read CDR :D

and I agree with T7, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the 2nd Edition ;)
 CDRSeadog
09-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Indeed, my friends, I am presently working on part 2 of my modding editorial - and the Holowan is featured modsite #2 in the article, which will be released as soon as I finish it this morning...it will be entitled "Side Quest: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Modsites", and will (like the original "Side Quest: Bring On The Mods") be featured only on our RPGDot website.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-16-2005, 2:49 PM
Finally got off my keester and browsed over to RPGDot to get the "second helping" :D

Wow CDR, thanks so much! Of all the sites you reviewed, I have to admit that Holowan Laboratories "outshined" them all ;) Thanks so much for the great read and the high marks you gave! :D

For those who haven't read it yet, you'll have to dig in the past archives, or just click this link:

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?disp=2005-09-13#41843)

I'd definitely suggest checking it out. The article really gives Holowan a nice review and just goes to show how much the members here are appreciated for all of their help. All of you here make the Community what it is, and CDR just told everyone what a great job you're doing :)

Again, Thank You CDR :)
 Darth333
09-16-2005, 2:58 PM
It's nice to see you posting at rpgdot.com again CDRSeadog! I always enjoyed reading your articles :) Thanks for the nice review!

Edit: btw, just to let you know, we added to new forums to our Editing forums:
The Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645) and T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=646). We hope this will make navigation easier.
 TheOssusKeeper
09-16-2005, 3:05 PM
cool review CDR... thanks! :thumbsup:
 JediKnight707
09-16-2005, 7:58 PM
Holy freaking moly I am in the weekly mod release :D :D :D :D :D :D *acting like i won an academy award* there are just so many people i want to thank...You guys at holowan labrotories! you guys made this happen! *music plays*

:D
 Darth333
09-17-2005, 3:21 PM
New mod report is up at http://www.starwarsknights.com)
 TheOssusKeeper
09-17-2005, 4:22 PM
way cool, :D thanks, being in the mod report again, i feel like i'm getting spoiled here... but don't worry i won't let it go to me head... ;)
 vanir
09-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I's now famous in a good way :D

I should buy a tattslotto ticket!

*bows to accept the award*
"I'd like to thank Holowan labs, pcgamesmods, Holowan labs, Team Gizka and of course, Holowan labs."
:D
 CDRSeadog
09-18-2005, 8:31 AM
You are all very welcomed:-)

I really do enjoy what I do, and I do confess that it does give me great pleasure to be able to at least tell the world just how much all of the talented Mod Engineers actually do contribute to the gaming pleasure and enhancements of any given community.

And my especial thanks, ChAiNz.2da...and t7nowhere (I still think you are having some very "bad hair days" *chuckles*)...I am glad you enjoyed my "Side Quest Mod Editorials" - now just wait for the next "Side Quest: Do RPG Heroines Really Wear Chainmail Bikini's?"...not sure exactly when I'll actually sit down and write that one up - maybe I'll have to do so after the elections in Germany!!

(i.e. for those of you that don't know - Germany has elections coming up - most of my collegues at RPGDot are German - anyway, there's a good chance Germany might well be getting the first female Chancellor in their history with this election:-)

At any rate - I've done my spin in reporting on only the Mod Release report for today (due to the length)...will do another Holowan Report on the Utilities either tomorrow or NLT Tuesday, depending...nice job, lady Darth333:-)

Take care all!!
 oldflash
09-18-2005, 9:31 AM
Thanks for including my mod in Weekly mod releases.
I own you guys tons of coffe
:)
 LSaberDuelist
09-18-2005, 5:21 PM
:), I just realized I am in the weekly mod releases, thank you!
 ChAiNz.2da
09-24-2005, 5:45 PM
New Weekly Mod Report is up! :emodanc:

Check it out to see your name "in the limelight" .. hehehe

As always however, if we've missed a mod, please bring it to our attention! :D

http://www.starwarsknights.com/)
 TheOssusKeeper
09-24-2005, 5:51 PM
@ ChAiNz, :lol: descriptive... good job!

Edit: thanks for adding my mod, i didn't expect it to be put in till next week...
I'll try and get one of my other projects done for next weeks, :D
 oldflash
09-25-2005, 7:37 AM
Thanks for including my mods in Weekly mod releases.
I was try to send you some coffee as atachement... It's not workng.
 Nur Ab Sal
09-25-2005, 8:22 AM
Thanks for including :)
 CDRSeadog
09-25-2005, 1:19 PM
Hmmm...yes. I'm a tad late in reporting this morning - Sundays are when Becky and I travel on up to Chesapeake, Virginia for our big weekly shopping spree.

Anyway, did my usual spin (albeit with some little more "humor" than usual, seeing as how ChAiNz.2da did this week's Mod & Utility report)...please note that our staff has finally gotten around to streamling the RPGDot network - so nowadays my own reporting for the Holowan is only featured on RPGDot (as the link below), seeing as how KotORDot no longer exists (nor do any of our other "affiliate websites" that were inactive)...anyway - enjoy:-)

http://www.rpgdot.com/)
 Nur Ab Sal
09-25-2005, 1:30 PM
Very nice report! It's great that someone still reads classic literature and know it well... congratulations, but why KotORdot ceased to exist? I always liked the climate of this place. :indif:
 CDRSeadog
09-27-2005, 7:44 PM
In short Nur Ab Sal, the RPGDot network had a number of websites (i.e. KotorDot; SiegeDot, etc.) that were set up long ago as "special coverage gamesites".

The problem was in keeping all of these "affiliate websites" staffed with people who would continue contributing to their growth. Of all of these "affiliate websites", only UltimaDot, GothicDot, and the Locus Inn managed to maintain an active staff that still continues to expand on the original sites today. I even tried, with some success, to find staff members for some of these websites - to no avail, as it turned out.

The bottom line was that it was decided to delete all of the "inactive" affiliate websites (such as KotORDot, etc.) some time ago - the problem was that our Super Admins had been too busy with other, more pressing issues, to actually shut down those websites - until recently. And so now - they are gone!!
 CDRSeadog
10-02-2005, 8:31 AM
My thanks to the lovely lady, Darth333, for updating me re the new Mod Engineer and Mod Utility Engineer forums...I've made some little note of it today over on RPGDot :)

I still have one question though. With the advent of these two new forums, does that mean that the Moderators here at the Holowan will no longer practice their journalism skills (or lack thereof) in creating a "Weekly Mod & Utility Report"???

One has to wonder, as I have noticed there has not been a new report done since the 24th of September :)
 Darth333
10-02-2005, 9:10 AM
I still have one question though. With the advent of these two new forums, does that mean that the Moderators here at the Holowan will no longer practice their journalism skills (or lack thereof) in creating a "Weekly Mod & Utility Report"???Not at all ;)

The new mod report is up now :)
 Nur Ab Sal
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks for great presentation of my newest mod dear Darth. :roll1: Seadog is right -you are a lovely lady. :leia:
 DuffmanDan
10-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the mention and the nice comments. :)
 JediKnight707
10-02-2005, 1:05 PM
Thank you for putting it up there and nice description :)
 Prime
10-02-2005, 8:00 PM
You guys keep making them, they'll be posted. :)
 TheOssusKeeper
10-02-2005, 8:07 PM
hehehe, thanks for posting my mod in the weekly mod report Darth333 ;)
 CDRSeadog
10-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I noted it when you posted this week's report, lady Darth333 - but purposefully kept from making my own spin on it long enough for my readers to digest the forum changes...

Be that as it may, this week's Holowan Weekly Mod & Utility Report has just been put up over at RPGDot, with just enough "spin-doctoring" to make the lovely lady even more lovely (which most are more lovely when they are blushing:-)

Oh, and for the sake of brevity, I merely told my readers to goto StarWarsKnights.com to read for themselves the list of changes to Fred's new KotOR Tool!!!
 Darth333
10-04-2005, 4:14 PM
Be that as it may, this week's Holowan Weekly Mod & Utility Report has just been put up over at RPGDot, with just enough "spin-doctoring" to make the lovely lady even more lovely (which most are more lovely when they are blushing:-)
:blush2: :p

Thanks for posting the report over at rpgdot.com and for the continuous support to this modding community CDR :)
 TheOssusKeeper
10-04-2005, 9:08 PM
hey thanks CDR...

Is Darth333 really a lawyer-turn-pianist??? :D

it's the other way around: pianist turned lawyer :p - d333
 CDRSeadog
10-05-2005, 4:21 PM
*sighs* My memory must be going, lady Darth333 - I had it reversed *chuckles*
 ChAiNz.2da
10-08-2005, 8:55 AM
Well, I think stingerhs is swamped with exams... but that didn't stop him from posting this week's
StarWarsKnights Mod Report (http://www.starwarsknights.com/) :emodanc:

Be sure to check it out, and catch up on the latest and greatest mods from the Community :D

And again, if we've missed something.. don't hesitate to let us know ;)
 CDRSeadog
10-08-2005, 2:34 PM
Nice job that stingerhs did on the weekly Holowan report - I've noted it, and will do my spin on it in the morning (Sunday the 9th) as there won't be a whole lot of other newspostings - that's why I prefer Sunday postings of your reports anyway:-)

So take a look tomorrow for the report (besides - if anything was missed this week - it gives you all time to play catch-up before I "do my thing").
 CDRSeadog
10-16-2005, 9:04 PM
Hmmm...I'd gather this thread is actually quite "dead", though I still feel it is adequate enough to inform you all when I have posted up the latest Holowan news - even though you all pretty much by now know when I do so without the telling:-)
 Darth333
10-16-2005, 11:27 PM
the thread is not dead: I posted the news at swk earlier today and just when I was about to post in this thread we had a blackout :p
 DuffmanDan
10-17-2005, 1:46 AM
it was monday come early!

*hides*
 CDRSeadog
10-23-2005, 9:37 AM
*chuckles* Okaaaayy.

I have noticed your new feature, ummm "The Holowan Critic's Corner"(??:-)...
is this replacing your weekly release report, or is this but a featured edition to that same reporting?
 Darth333
10-23-2005, 10:03 AM
No, it's an additional feature and it's for fanfic reviews, not mods :) Two different things.

The weekly mod report will continue but since pcgm is down, we may wait until it's back to post it as the mods are currently unavailable.
 Prime
10-23-2005, 8:58 PM
I've post the somewhat short list this week. If there were any missed because of the pcgamemods.com issues, they will be noted in upcoming weeks. :)
 CDRSeadog
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
*chuckles* A short report for this week, but I managed to get it all posted over on the "Dot" this morning anyway:-)
 JediKnight707
10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
No releases this week? Shoot, I was looking forward to them :(
 DuffmanDan
10-31-2005, 2:17 AM
Pcgm going down due to a webserver move had a LOT to do with that.

that and its a busy time of year for most everyone =/
 T7nowhere
11-01-2005, 9:57 PM
The weekly mod report is up, Sorry about the lateness of it, I was sick through the weekend and it slipt my mind.

Check out SWK main webpage to see who has done what this week. :)
 oldflash
11-03-2005, 4:50 PM
Thanks for telling to the world that we are still here and still modding. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
11-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey Gang!

This week's Weekly Mod Report (http://www.starwarsknights.com/index.php) is up... I apologize for the lateness.

Needless to say my "schedule" is jam packed up till the New Year, so my appearance is lackluster to say the least... but don't worry, I'm still here and keeping tabs on ya'! You can't get rid of me that easy ;) hehehe...
I'll "be back" regularly soon, after all the mess, but you just might catch me on a spur of the moment visit... :devsmoke: (I'm watching you... muwahahaha)

The latest mods are looking great everyone and my sincerest hearty "Way To Go!" goes out to each & every one of you that make this The Best modding Community out there... have fun all and keep producing these kick arse mods! :D

As usual, if you see I've missed anything, be sure to let me or the other SWK Team know.. we'll be sure to "make you famous" hehehe...
 DuffmanDan
11-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Lateness?

its still the weekend, its all good ;)

WE, THE MODDING COMUNITY, DEMAND PROMPTER SERVICE!!!!

WE WANT OUR MODS, WE WANT THEM NOW, AND WE WANT GOOD REVIEWS DARNIT!!!!!

*chuckles*
anyone that does, or has done, any modding to speak of, knows that it takes time, and life comes first, and that we do this in our spare time, and we enjoy it.

no worries, and thanks for the bad pun :p
 Darth333
11-14-2005, 3:54 PM
New report is up: http://www.starwarsknights.com/) :)

...and from the looks of it, it seems like it's time to play Kotor 1 again :p
 oldflash
12-06-2005, 2:36 AM
T7nowhere, thanks for updating StarWarsKnights.com.
 Darth333
12-30-2005, 4:35 PM
I totally forgot to bring up this thread. Last mod releases for 2005 can be found on our website as usual: http://www.starwarsknights.com/) :D

And cast your "mod of the year" votes: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157658) (don't tell me you're all so shy! - since we do the staff pick, moderators can't vote)
Page: 2 of 3