Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DeNCS Script Decompiler

Page: 1 of 1
 Dashus
05-22-2005, 2:56 PM
TSLRP would like to announce the release of DeNCS Script Decompiler (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) Beta 1. This is a GUI NCS-Script Decompiler written entirely in Java and uses the latest beta build of the JRE (1.6.0) to take advantage of the additional features it offers. The J2SE 1.6.0 beta can be obtained here (http://java.sun.com/javase/6/download.jsp).

While we encourage any suggestions/feature additions/critiques in this thread please note that this is merely a public release of a TSLRP internal tool; we do not plan on making updates to this a high priority. It will sometimes fail but it works for the majority of the scripts tested. At present it will only work on KotOR2 scripts. See the readme for more details.

Just a warning: this program can take up serious amounts of RAM with prolonged use.
 Jeff
05-22-2005, 3:06 PM
This will help me out a lot when I need to know what script somebody used so I can use that for my script. Great job.
 Darkkender
05-22-2005, 3:18 PM
So what format does this decompile the scripts to. does it completly convert them to there *.nss format or to the *.pcode format?

I know I'll give it a go. However a script decompiler that uses that much RAM hopefully will be worthwhile as our current decompilers don't need that much memory.
 Dashus
05-22-2005, 3:43 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
So what format does this decompile the scripts to. does it completly convert them to there *.nss format or to the *.pcode format?

I know I'll give it a go. However a script decompiler that uses that much RAM hopefully will be worthwhile as our current decompilers don't need that much memory.

*.nss format is what you can save them as.

We only recommend 256 so you can do other things (ie run Eclipse IDE which is a known memory hog) as well without having to worry about anything. Decompiling normal scripts (those with a main method and a handful of subroutines) only cause minor increases in RAM usage. I was able to decompile 2 dozen scripts and the RAM usage came to rest at about 30MB. The real problem lies in closing tabs; the program generates data that can get pretty big for larger files and it doesn't deallocate all of it. So prolonged use isn't going to do your RAM any favors :rolleyes:
 Keiko
05-22-2005, 5:36 PM
Thank you.:)
 Fred Tetra
05-23-2005, 2:57 PM
Very nice work - quite impressive!

I almost started working on something like this, but other Kotor Tool features took precedence.

You might want to mention in the Readme file that the command to start DeNCS is:

java -jar dencs.jar

Not everyone is familiar with Java ;)
 Dashus
05-23-2005, 4:11 PM
By default I believe installing the JVM will associate jar files with java.exe or javaw.exe, eliminating the need to use the command line. However, you are right, we probably should have mentioned the command line way anyways :rolleyes:
 Fred Tetra
05-24-2005, 3:51 PM
Since I installed an archive tool after the JVM, it took over the "handling" of Jar files. :)
 Jeff
07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
I am trying to decompile a_doormoor.ncs (the script that fires when the morgue door opens on peragus) and I have JRE installed, and I extracted nwscript.nss to kotor tool directory, and then ran DeNCS, and opened that above script, and it is still decompiling for almost 10 minutes, and my hard drive is doing nothing. Is there something that I did not install correctly or that I am missing?
 stoffe
07-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
I am trying to decompile a_doormoor.ncs (the script that fires when the morgue door opens on peragus) and I have JRE installed, and I extracted nwscript.nss to kotor tool directory, and then ran DeNCS, and opened that above script, and it is still decompiling for almost 10 minutes, and my hard drive is doing nothing. Is there something that I did not install correctly or that I am missing?

Did you install the correct version of the Java Runtime Environment? You'll need some beta version and not the official release AFAIK.

Must have hanged if it works for 10 minutes on that script since it's a very simple script:

void main() {
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("MorgueDoor");
SetLocked(oDoor, FALSE);
DelayCommand(1.0, AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor)));
}

Don't know what else could be wrong if you have the proper JRE, Java doesn't work on my machine for some reason so I can't test DeNCS and see if the script works to decompile here. :/
 JdNoa
07-15-2005, 11:47 AM

a_doormor.ncs takes about 1 second on my computer
(edit: snipped redundancy)

You mean you installed JRE 1.6, right? Have you been able to decompile anything with DeNCS, or was this the first script you tried? If you try running with an earlier JRE, it will usually appear to do nothing.
 Jeff
07-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JdNoa
You mean you installed JRE 1.6, right? Have you been able to decompile anything with DeNCS, or was this the first script you tried?
Yeah, I couldn't remember if I had it installed or not so i went to install it and it said it was already installed. This was the first script that I have tried to decompile.
 JdNoa
07-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I couldn't remember if I had it installed or not so i went to install it and it said it was already installed. This was the first script that I have tried to decompile.

Could you go to your file type association and check which version of Java is associated with JAR files? (On my system you have to select Advanced and then Edit the action to get the actual path).

Edit: I'm going to just post all the scripts DeNCS was able to decompile on PCGameMods. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. :/
 Jeff
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
You know what, looks like I only have v1.5 installed. The folders under java say jre1.5. I'll get the updates version and then I'm sure it will work.
 JdNoa
07-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Here's an archive of every script from K2 that DeNCS was able to decompile or partially decompile:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14269/)

You'll need a .7z (7zip) extractor (WinRAR or 7-Zip are the two I know of). Decompressed it's about 31MB.
 tk102
07-15-2005, 1:01 PM
Wow, thanks JdNoa! :D
 ChAiNz.2da
07-15-2005, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Wow, thanks JdNoa! :D
What tk said! :D

Wow! This will come in nice and handly like :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just took a second glance over this and I must say, VERY nice touch by seperating these scripts by the area number! This will definitely help in finding what we're looking for... :)
 maaneeack
08-27-2005, 9:55 PM
I don't know if anyone is going to notice this thread, but I can't get DeNCS to decompile anything. I downloaded the 25mb jre file from the link given, but I also have jre 1.5.0 (I have eclipse 3.0 and ibm's RAD installed too).

DeNCS will work for a few seconds at 100% cpu, then my cpu will go back to its normal usage percent and nothing will change in the DeNCS window. I tried to use path:\to\jre1.6.0\bin\javaw.exe path:\to\kotortool\dencs.jar , but it gave me errors...
 Tupac Amaru
08-28-2005, 8:50 AM
I don't know if anyone is going to notice this thread, but I can't get DeNCS to decompile anything. I downloaded the 25mb jre file from the link given, but I also have jre 1.5.0 (I have eclipse 3.0 and ibm's RAD installed too).

DeNCS will work for a few seconds at 100% cpu, then my cpu will go back to its normal usage percent and nothing will change in the DeNCS window.
DeNCS requires jre 1.6.0, it may not work with 5.0. You can download it here:
http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/binaries/)

Make sure you have the latest version of nwnnsscomp.exe (1.03) in the same directory as DeNCS. If it's missing you get the behaviour you described.
 maaneeack
08-28-2005, 12:42 PM
@Tupac - I downloaded the 25mb file from java.net and it has the jre (its just the jre: jre-6_0-ea-bin-b49-windows-i586-25_aug_2005.jar). Do I need the 1.6.0 JVM too?
 Tupac Amaru
08-28-2005, 6:47 PM
@Tupac - I downloaded the 25mb file from java.net and it has the jre (its just the jre: jre-6_0-ea-bin-b49-windows-i586-25_aug_2005.jar). Do I need the 1.6.0 JVM too?
Don't think so. The JVM is included in the jre, AFAIK.
 JdNoa
08-28-2005, 7:48 PM
You only need the jre.

You could use the full path for java from the command line to make sure you're using 1.6. I often do that because I have 3 versions installed and my path variable never seems to be set up to use the one I want.
So, frex, on my computer:
H:>"g:\program files\java\jre1.6.0\bin\java.exe" -jar dencs.jar

Alternately, you could go to your environment variables and check which java version is in your Path variable.
 maaneeack
08-28-2005, 9:17 PM
It decided to work properly that time. Thanks.

Now I need to figure out a better way to add something to dm_bmedbox80.ncs (it won't decompile fully).
 stoffe
08-29-2005, 5:49 AM
Now I need to figure out a better way to add something to dm_bmedbox80.ncs (it won't decompile fully).

Since it's not a standard script that comes with the game the easiest way is probably to ask the one who made the mod it belongs to for the source code. :)
 kdsphantom
10-12-2005, 7:32 PM
Here's an archive of every script from K2 that DeNCS was able to decompile or partially decompile:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14269/)

You'll need a .7z (7zip) extractor (WinRAR or 7-Zip are the two I know of). Decompressed it's about 31MB.

correct link is now (took me few min to find hope this helps next guy(gal) out
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14269.html)

and thank you Jdnoa !
kdsphantom
 rgdelta
01-19-2006, 1:46 AM
Ok I have a problem trying to decompile anything I have all the proper files and I am running JRE 1.6.0-rc-b67 the very lastest version here is what happens I open a script and nothing happens here is what I am getting in the console.

read actions. There were 877

---> starting decompilation: a_sion_cut.ncs <---
Variable Naming: consider adding GetPositionFromLocation
Variable Naming: consider adding EffectMovementSpeedDecrease
Execing nwnnsscomp -d -g 2 -o "D:\My Documents\My Development\Knights of the Old
Republic\Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords Enhanced\Development\Mo
dules\a_sion_cut.pcode" "D:\My Documents\My Development\Knights of the Old Repub
lic\Knights of the Old Republic 2 - The Sith Lords Enhanced\Development\Modules\
a_sion_cut.ncs"
OUTPUT>Lookup path root set to: E:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\
OUTPUT>Decompiling: a_sion_cut.ncs
OUTPUT>Total Execution time = 47 ms
Execing nwnnsscomp -c -g 2 -o "E:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\_generatedcod
e.ncs" "E:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\_generatedcode.nss"
OUTPUT>Compiling: _generatedcode.nss
OUTPUT>Total Execution time = 47 ms
Execing nwnnsscomp -d -g 2 -o "E:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\_generatedcod
e.pcode" "E:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\_generatedcode.ncs"
OUTPUT>Decompiling: _generatedcode.ncs
OUTPUT>Total Execution time = 62 ms
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JTabbedP
ane.getTabComponentAt(I)Ljavax/swing/JComponent;
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.stateCh anged(Decompiler.ja
va:332)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.fireStateChanged(JTabbedPa ne.java:312)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane$ModelListener.stateChanged (JTabbedPane.java:2
44)
at javax.swing.DefaultSingleSelectionModel.fireStateC hanged(DefaultSingl
eSelectionModel.java:116)
at javax.swing.DefaultSingleSelectionModel.setSelecte dIndex(DefaultSingl
eSelectionModel.java:50)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndexImpl(JTabb edPane.java:500)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.setSelectedIndex(JTabbedPa ne.java:486)
at javax.swing.JTabbedPane.insertTab(JTabbedPane.java :617)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.newNCST ab(Decompiler.java:
749)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.newNCST ab(Decompiler.java:
661)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.decompi le(Decompiler.java:
833)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.open(De compiler.java:991)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler.access$ 0(Decompiler.java:9
79)
at com.knights2end.nwscript.decomp.Decompiler$3.run(D ecompiler.java:962)

Then if I try save or try to click anywhere it gives me more errors.
 JdNoa
01-19-2006, 1:51 AM
Argh, Razorfish mentioned this a few days ago. They changed one of the methods in the new JRE recently. (This is what we get for using a beta version...) Bleh. I'm kind of swamped with school work at the moment (essay due in one hour, whee!), so I can't fix anything right now. Sorry. :/ Um... I don't suppose the script archive would help you?
 rgdelta
01-19-2006, 2:06 AM
Unfortunatly the 2 scripts I need in the archive have the compare does not match the scripts are a_sion_cut.ncs and a_sion_cut2.ncs but I could see if the USM team has those scripts as they modified them or if the version in the archive work right in game.

For tonight I will try the ones in the archive and see if I have any bugs.

Thanks for the quick respond.

I tried the ones in the archive and they are bugged the npc's don't move I will just ask the USM scripter if he still has his original NSS
 stoffe
01-19-2006, 7:29 AM
Unfortunatly the 2 scripts I need in the archive have the compare does not match the scripts are a_sion_cut.ncs and a_sion_cut2.ncs

Here are two scripts that match a_sion_cut and a_sion_cut2 without any errors, if those in the decompiled archive doesn't work:

// ST: a_sion_cut.nss (153HAR_s.rim)

void main() {
object oSion = GetObjectByTag("DarthSion");
if (!GetIsObjectValid(oSion)) {
AurPostString("Darth Sion isn't here, don't bother with the rest of the cut scene", 5, 7, 10.0);
return;
}

SetPartyLeader(NPC_PLAYER);

object oPC = GetFirstPC();
object oAtton = GetObjectByTag("atton");
object oKreia = GetObjectByTag("kreia");

if (!GetIsObjectValid(oAtton) || !GetIsObjectValid(oKreia)) {
AurPostString("No Atton or Kreia, don't bother with the rest of the cut scene", 5, 7, 10.0);
return;
}

int nParam = GetScriptParameter(1);
switch (nParam) {
case 0: {
AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oKreia, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oAtton, ClearAllActions());

AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToLocation(GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_pc"))));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionJumpToLocation(GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_npc2"))));
AssignCommand(oAtton, ActionJumpToLocation(GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_npc3"))));

object oWP1 = GetObjectByTag("WP_SION_PC1");
object oWP2 = GetObjectByTag("WP_SION_PC2");
object oWP3 = GetObjectByTag("WP_SION_PC3");
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionForceMoveToLocation(GetLocation(oWP1)));

vector vPos = GetPositionFromLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_pc_look")) );
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vPos)));

AssignCommand(oPC, SetLockOrientationInDialog(oPC, TRUE));
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionForceMoveToLocation(GetLocation(oWP2))));
DelayCommand(0.1, AssignCommand(oAtton, ActionForceMoveToLocation(GetLocation(oWP3))));
}
break;

case 1:
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionWait(1.8));
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionPlayAnimation( ANIMATION_FIREFORGET_HEAD_TURN_LEFT ));
break;

case 2: {
AssignCommand(oPC, ClearAllActions());

AssignCommand(oPC, SetLockOrientationInDialog(oPC, FALSE));

vector vFace1 = GetPositionFromLocation(GetLocation(oSion));
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace1)));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace1)));

DelayCommand(0.5, AssignCommand(oAtton, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace1))));
}
break;

case 3:
break;

case 4: {
effect eSlow = EffectMovementSpeedDecrease(50);
AssignCommand(oSion, ClearAllActions());
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eSlow, oSion, 4.0);
AssignCommand(oSion, ActionForceMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("WP_SION_2")));
}
break;

case 5: {
AurPostString("Kreia flourish.", 5, 12, 10.0);

vector vFace2 = GetPositionFromLocation(GetLocation(oPC));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace2)));

AssignCommand(oKreia, SetLockOrientationInDialog(oKreia, TRUE));
AssignCommand(oKreia, CreatureFlourishWeapon(oKreia));
}
break;

case 6:
AurPostString("Kreia runs first WP.", 5, 14, 10.0);
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionForceMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("WP_kreia_leave_1"), TRUE));
break;

case 7:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionForceMoveToObject(GetObjectByTag("WP_kreia_leave_2"), TRUE));
break;

case 8: {
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("kreia_sion_door");
if (GetIsObjectValid(oDoor)) {
AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionCloseDoor(oDoor));
AssignCommand(oDoor, SetLocked(oDoor, TRUE));
}
}
break;

case 9: {

vector vFace3 = GetPositionFromLocation(GetLocation(oPC));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace3)));

}
break;

case 10: {
object oKreiaCheck = GetObjectByTag("kreia");
if (GetIsObjectValid(oKreiaCheck)) {
AurPostString("Kreia removed from party.", 5, 10, 10.0);
RemovePartyMember(NPC_KREIA);
}
}
break;

case 11:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON2, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON2, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionEquipItem( CreateItemOnObject("w_melee_06", oKreia, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, TRUE) );
break;

case 12: {
object oSword = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oKreia);
DestroyObject(oSword);
}
break;
}
}

// ST: a_sion_cut2.nss (153HAR_s.rim)

void main() {
object oSion = GetObjectByTag("DarthSion");
object oKreia = GetObjectByTag("kreia");
object oAtton = GetObjectByTag("atton");

if (!GetIsObjectValid(oSion) || !GetIsObjectValid(oKreia) || !GetIsObjectValid(oAtton)) {
AurPostString("No Darth Sion and/or Kreia, don't bother with the rest of the cut scene", 5, 7, 10.0);
return;
}

int nParam = GetScriptParameter(1);
switch (nParam) {
case 0: {
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionJumpToLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_kreia_start")) ));

vector vFace1 = GetPositionFromLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_fight_kreia")) );
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace1)));

}
break;

case 1: {
effect eSlow = EffectMovementSpeedDecrease(50);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eSlow, oSion, 15.0);

AssignCommand(oSion, ClearAllActions());
AssignCommand(oSion, ActionForceMoveToLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_fight_sion"))) );

vector vFace2 = GetPositionFromLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_sion_left") ));
AssignCommand(oSion, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace2)));

AssignCommand(oSion, SetLockOrientationInDialog(oSion, TRUE));
}
break;

case 2: {
SetFakeCombatState(oKreia, TRUE);

vector vSion1 = GetPositionFromLocation(GetLocation(oSion));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vSion1)));

AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionPlayAnimation(10173));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_READY, 1.0, -1.0));
AssignCommand(oKreia, CreatureFlourishWeapon(oKreia));
}
break;

case 3: {
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionForceMoveToLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_fight_kreia")) ));

vector vSion2 = GetPositionFromLocation(GetLocation(oSion));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vSion2)));

}
break;

case 4:
AssignCommand(oSion, CreatureFlourishWeapon(oSion));
break;

case 5:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, OBJECT_SELF) ));
ChangeObjectAppearance(oKreia, 627);
break;

case 6: {
vector vFace3 = GetPositionFromLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("WP_sion_right")) );
AssignCommand(oSion, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vFace3)));
}
break;

case 7: {
vector vDoor = GetPositionFromLocation( GetLocation(GetObjectByTag("kreia_sion_door")) );
AssignCommand(oSion, ActionDoCommand(SetFacingPoint(vDoor)));
}
break;

case 8:
AssignCommand(oAtton, ActionForceMoveToObject(GetFirstPC(), TRUE));
break;

case 9: {
object oSword = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oKreia);
DestroyObject(oSword);
}
break;

case 10:
break;

case 11:
AssignCommand(oSion, ClearAllEffects());
break;

case 12:
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON2, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionUnequipItem( GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_LEFTWEAPON2, OBJECT_SELF) ));
AssignCommand(oKreia, ActionEquipItem( CreateItemOnObject("w_melee_06", oKreia, 1, TRUE), INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, TRUE) );
break;
}
}
 rgdelta
01-19-2006, 3:18 PM
Thanks so much stoffe
 Osuirof
02-23-2006, 5:26 PM
1. What was the last version of JRE, that DeNCS worked with ?

Added\Edited

If JRE 1.4.2 works, then I suggest this link:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html)

It`s JRE 1.4.2.10 to be exact, but probably will do.
 Darkkender
02-23-2006, 6:11 PM
I know that it worked with JRE 1.4.2 which I've been planning to locate my self-extract archive of that and reinstall it on my machine. PM me if you need a copy of the archive and I'll see what I can do about getting it sent out to you.
 Osuirof
02-26-2006, 7:08 PM
Now after installing 1.4.2.10 it won`t run at all.
1.5 Update 2 (I think), jdk6 beta2, don`t worked propelry either, but at least I`ve seen DeNCS window when using them.

Any idea how to fix this problem ?
 Darkkender
02-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Now after installing 1.4.2.10 it won`t run at all.
1.5 Update 2 (I think), jdk6 beta2, don`t worked propelry either, but at least I`ve seen DeNCS window when using them.

Any idea how to fix this problem ?

Unfortunately not. I'm not even a big fan of Java for numerous reasons beyond measure.
 tk102
02-27-2006, 3:01 PM
Just wondering, but do you really need the tool to work when JDNoa has uploaded all the KotOR2 source scripts to PCGM? :D
 rgdelta
02-27-2006, 10:18 PM
tk not all scripts are in the library I have found 5-10 alone that either are not there or the compare failed also it is a good tool if you make a script and accidently lose your nss file you can recover it instead of rebuilding it in case you forgot how you did it :-)
 Darkkender
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Also the Tool is useful for those not so decompiled K1 scripts Tk.
 Dashus
05-30-2006, 4:50 PM
Beta 2 has been packed. It's just a patched version of Beta 1 to make it work with the JRE 1.6.0 beta (http://java.sun.com/javase/6/download.jsp). Hopefully it'll replace beta 1 over on the tools page soonish.
 Darkkender
05-31-2006, 5:52 PM
Thank you for this Dashus. So now it will work again for those of us who have been sitting in DeNCS limbo.
 Arбtoeldar
07-21-2006, 9:27 AM
This is really starting to annoy me.

I am using Kotor Tool v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

I have DeNCS.jar & nwscript.nss in my Kotor directory

My nwnnsscomp.exe was created on March 16 2005

I first downloaded jdk-6-beta2-windows-i586.exe from
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ea.jsp)

I have also downloaded jdk-6-rc-bin-b92-windows-i586-20_jul_2006.exe from
http://download.java.net/jdk6/binaries/)

I have no problem opening DeNCS.jar. When I try decompile a script I get the right hand pane that should show the decompiled script but no actual script. If I right click in this pane I will get the pop command "View Byte Code" but nothing happens.

I am getting sick and tired off not being able decompile scripts and having to ask other members to fix files so that I can merge mods.
 RedHawke
07-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I am getting sick and tired off not being able decompile scripts and having to ask other members to fix files so that I can merge mods.
Why would you need to decompile mod scripts?

With the exception of a few early KotOR I mods, most modders have decompiled source scripts packaged with their mods. So the tough part is combining two modders changes and compiling the script. You would not need a decompiler for that in any case. :confused:
 Arбtoeldar
07-22-2006, 6:57 PM
Why would you need to decompile mod scripts?

With the exception of a few early KotOR I mods, most modders have decompiled source scripts packaged with their mods. So the tough part is combining two modders changes and compiling the script. You would not need a decompiler for that in any case. :confused:

Because I am a moron who thought that you had to decompile nss files. Instead of opening nss files with notepad or wordpad. :o:(
 Arбtoeldar
01-17-2007, 7:38 PM
Has anyone tried this with the non beta Java 1.6?
 Gavroche
12-28-2007, 1:47 PM
Yep! I'm trying to use DeNCS right now, but I just can't open it. The path for the .jar is C:\Program Files\KotorModding\Kotor Tool\DeNCS.jar and the one for java is C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe

I tried several commands after reading this topic but none of them seem to work. The last one I tried was "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe" -jar dencs.jar but it failed... If I remove the quotes, Windows just tells me he cannot find "C:\Program", stupide thing...

I could use some help '^^ Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just had to use the complete path for DeNCS. So the complete command was "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files\KotorModding\Kotor Tool\DeNCS.jar"

But after selecting the output directory I get this:
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9792/dencszz0.png)
Do I really have to put a nwscript.nss in the java directory?! The readme says it should goes in the Kotor Tool directory...

Edit#2: I finally tried to put the .nss in the java directory. Now it asks for C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\nwnnsscomp.exethat's crazy /:| Does anybody know anything to do about this?
 Seamhainn
01-06-2008, 3:12 AM
Hello!

Is there a possibility to decompile 1 code? I tried some code for K1 with DeNSC and it worked, but some decompiling was unsuccessful unfortunately.

Thanks for any help
Page: 1 of 1