Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Special Edtion DVD not being sold (?)

Page: 1 of 1
 Jaden25
05-09-2005, 9:13 PM
Hey guys at my local wal-mart there
is a strange thing going they are taking
the Specail Edtion DVD's off the store
shelve's I wonder if this has something
to do with.Lucasfilm pulling them out before ROTS comes out our something that the store is doing let me know if
your local wal-mart is doing the same
thing thanks..............
 Ranre
05-10-2005, 2:45 AM
They have been out for a long time now man. A very long time. Lucas decided to take them back just before ROTS because he was going to put out all the eps in one big thing.
 El Sitherino
05-10-2005, 8:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranre
They have been out for a long time now man. A very long time. Lucas decided to take them back just before ROTS because he was going to put out all the eps in one big thing. Except that won't be here until atleast 2007. Or so the word is.
 Ranre
05-11-2005, 9:06 PM
I hear it wont be out until early 2006. Lucas doesnt want us to wait that long for it to come out.....
 Kurgan
05-12-2005, 3:40 PM
I was at Wal-Mart just two days ago and they were selling the OT Boxed set like normal as well as the re-release of TPM DVD (identical to the ones released back in 2001, though Wal-Mart favors carrying the full screen versions of films only, which sucks for their customers!).

If they are not carrying them I'm guessing it's just because people are buying them out, not because of some Lucas-imposed policy.

After all, I remember hearing rumors that they were going to pull the "Limited Edition" OT boxed sets from store shelves New Years 2005, but that never happened.

If an HD/BluRay super duper edition is on the way, it's still (at LEAST) two years off, so why would they pass up the chance to make more money now? Exactly.

The 3-D editions are scheduled for that period as well in theaters.
 Darth Moeller
05-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranre
I hear it wont be out until early 2006. Lucas doesnt want us to wait that long for it to come out.....
That long? I guess I was thinking Christmas...Wishful thinking I guess.
 OmegaNothing
06-03-2005, 7:34 PM
Maybe they just sold out of the OT DVDs? With episode III being released now is the time to sell anything star wars..... not take them off the shelves?
 carvin77
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
yes....you are right!
Page: 1 of 1