Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cd problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Moff Rebus
04-26-2005, 5:08 PM
Hi there...

I am having problems with my old cd of XWing so I was wondering if I could request some files so that I will be able to burn a new cd

I am new and i don't know if this is the right place to write this.

may the Force be with you
 Wildstar
04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
If you're talking about the DOS CD and you have Win2K or XP, it won't work b/c those two operating systems will not support DOS natively. There are DOS emulators for them, however, the best of which is probably VDMSound (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound).
 Moff Rebus
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
No, I am referring to cd reading problem. I 've got the game since so long that the cd is unreadable in some parts

I know what files are in the problemous parts, so all i want is someone to send them so that i can burn all of them into a new cd

is that ok?
 Wildstar
04-28-2005, 12:14 PM
A CD theoretically should last far longer than the 7 years or so that Windows X-Wing has been out. With that in mind, I think your CD is scratched, and though there are tools and stuff that will repair minor scratches on CDs, it's a hit-or-miss proposition. You might be better off just getting a new copy.
Page: 1 of 1