Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lego Star Wars

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Groovy
04-23-2005, 1:24 AM
Seems to be a hot title. I am an assistant manager at GameStop and we can't keep these things in stock. I want one.

Is it any good?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/legostarwars/index.html?q=Lego+Star+Wars)
 Vikinor
04-23-2005, 11:07 AM
I want it just because it is Star Wars. I have just about all the Star Wars legos too. :D
 TheMadDoofer
04-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I've played the demo - which is a lot of fun - plus the graphics are great on the comp version.
 ZBomber
04-23-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought it would be a really sucky game, but I really enjoyed the demo. I might pick it up for PC.

Don't play the Ep3 one though, wait til the movie. ;)
 TheMadDoofer
04-23-2005, 12:15 PM
I'll go down to Best Buy and get it today, can't think of anything better to buy right now, being a big fan of Star Wars legos (they take up a good portion of my room).
 swphreak
04-23-2005, 1:16 PM
Groovy, try the demo (http://files.filefront.com/LEGO_Star_Wars_Demo/;3823994;;/fileinfo.html).

I think I might get it for my DS (GBA version).
 Darth Groovy
04-23-2005, 3:01 PM
I might pick it up at work. Employee discounts rock! :p
 Vikinor
04-23-2005, 3:47 PM
I knew Employees got discounts! Don't they also take turns being at the counter while the other employees just sit in the back room playing games?
 El Sitherino
04-23-2005, 5:07 PM
Lego Star Wars rules. I too thought it would suck like most other lego games, aside from the builders, but it was great.
 Darth Groovy
04-24-2005, 3:31 AM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
I knew Employees got discounts! Don't they also take turns being at the counter while the other employees just sit in the back room playing games?

Oh Hell no! We play games in front of the store while people wait in line. What the Hell were YOU thinking about? :mad:
 Vikinor
04-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Maybe I wasn't thinking. :D

Regardless though you get to play games on your job. That ROCKS!
 Bastila
04-24-2005, 4:03 PM
I got it today is soooo fun to play obi wan as lego, but im not going to play EP3 one yet i'll wait till i see the film.
 TheMadDoofer
04-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Also go it today - definately worth it: it's fun, and there's lots of stuff to unlock.
 Sabretooth
04-25-2005, 3:02 AM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
Regardless though you get to play games on your job. That ROCKS!

I think I can foresee my next job...

As for LSW, I have played the GBA version. It's okay, but just a little better than Jedi Power Battles. It's fun to play, but just not worth it. Some levels are easy peezy, if you're a Jedi, but playing as Padmй, Jar-Jar, R2-D2 etc. is horrible. R2-D2 cannot shoot and Jar-Jar's only special power is high-jump. He can shoot little, bouncy balls which are like, uber-weak. If you hate Jar-Jar and don't want to destroy your surroundings in anger, don't play this game. The game isn't too cool, either. You don't have many diffrent moves to perform, but the game is still okay.

Rating: 7 (Good, unless you want uber-cool gaming)
 TheMadDoofer
05-02-2005, 9:19 PM
Just beat it, and I'm going back through to unlock more stuff - I'd give it an 8.5/10. Very good graphics, replayability, and extras.
 STTCT
05-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Rentable -

I rented it and won it in 3 days (a couple hours a day) I won each Episode in one sitting. Very cute and fun. I wouldn't spend almost $40 for it though.
 TheMadDoofer
05-03-2005, 8:21 PM
I think it's selling for $30 now.
 Jeff
05-26-2005, 6:23 PM
I've never played lego star wars, but when my friend told me about it, I thought he was joking. I think it sounds lame to me. I'd rather play the real game.
 Leviathan
08-06-2005, 7:12 AM
It is a good game, but it does not respect entirely the Star Wars universe... (For sample, we can take the final duel against Darth Maul : Obi-Wan and his master fight him together !...)
 Kurgan
08-12-2005, 4:08 AM
Is it just me or does this game feel like a "total conversion" for "Episode I: The Phantom Menace"? The gameplay feels VERY similar, IIRC, but of course they throw in tons of "secret stashes of coins" you need to find with preset force power triggers in the backgrounds.

Obviously there's the arcade style "two players cooperative on the same machine" feature which is a nice idea (haven't gotten to try that yet), but that's my impression from the Demo.

Am I giving it a fair evaluation or is there more to it that makes it worthwhile? I mean now that all the ROTS Spoiler hype is over with and there's no more new material to discover...
 Leviathan
08-15-2005, 6:51 AM
You talked of the demo, but have you bought the game itself ?
 primalunderdog
11-06-2005, 8:47 PM
I bought the game yesterday and I beat it.It is not worth the money.Though it is fun combining yoda and Grieveius or Doku
Page: 1 of 1