Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Request (when we can): Blood patch

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
03-12-2005, 8:26 PM
Currently in MP, it seems that the Trandoshans bleed (like say when you gun them down with a Heavy Repeater) but the Clones don't.

So unfair! Anyway, this would be a nice thing for somebody to do once the tools are out. ; )

I'm not saying they have to put in the whole "windshield wiper off the blood" effect from SP into MP (though that would be kinda fun too), but you get what I'm saying.
 ZBomber
03-12-2005, 8:45 PM
Probably because of armor or something, I'm sure we'll get one though. :)
 BeBop
03-12-2005, 8:55 PM
Actually, A few times when I shot a clone up close in the chest with an ACP Array gun, I do beleive I saw a little cloud of red. But since most of the levels are very dark it was difficult to see. I might have been wrong though....
 Nokill
03-13-2005, 6:08 AM
well maby its nice to have the blood effect in MP 2 but then again your vision gets dirty :(

but yes clonetroopers also need to bleed only thay don't not in the movie's or the games :o
 Kurgan
03-13-2005, 1:39 PM
Good point about the armor possibly protecting them, though I think at least some of these bullets are penetrating, thus contributing to the trooper deaths.

I'm just thinking that the "blood" seen in MP for the Trandoshans should also be applied to the Clone Troopers (but red instead of green) in such a mod or patch (as an option).

True, in the movies we don't see Stormtroopers bleeding, but then we don't see them riddled with machinegun bullets or blasted with shotguns at close range either.
 TK-8252
03-13-2005, 2:21 PM
When you shoot a commando (or Clone Trooper in SP) you do see blood come out. After all there is the unarmored black bodysuit exposed, and who says armor can't crack?
 Drax Kreiger
03-15-2005, 8:40 PM
eh, be careful about the blood. too many people have complained about it. make sure to announce if the server has the blood patch on.
 LukeKatarn
03-16-2005, 4:01 PM
They are? Sure it's kind of disturbing, but pretty cool. Yeah, it says on the back of the box BLOOD AND GORE. So peopel shouildn't mind, or don't buy a game with BLOOD AND GORE.
Page: 1 of 1