Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What would you like to see in the first (ok, how about the Second) PC patch?

Page: 2 of 2
 Joetheeskimo
03-30-2005, 7:07 PM
Originally posted by Oidar
Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.

Uh. Then you obviously ahve no idea how long you're expected to wait. Don't you release that LA gets hundreds of e-mails each day?
 Oidar
03-30-2005, 8:54 PM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Uh. Then you obviously ahve no idea how long you're expected to wait. Don't you release that LA gets hundreds of e-mails each day?

I've never had to wait more than 24hrs for a reply from them regarding a tech support issue.
 Kurgan
03-30-2005, 10:16 PM
well I was looking at it from this angle.

When LA released patches and additional levels for JO/JA they were just for the game. They also released the mod tools which you didn't need to have anything other than the game installed, none of the new maps and stuff, to use them.

So this would lead one to think that were getting a patch/additional content along with the mod tools we've been waiting for. I'm curious what the additional content will be. I emailed LA to ask them and got no reply. Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.

I still don't quite get what you're saying. Do you mean that you would NEED these new maps in order to make other new maps?

Do you mean the mod tools would be packaged WITH the new maps?

Or did you mean something else? As far as Mod tools are concerned I figure a model editor (or importer program to use it with existing model builders), a map editor (variation of UnrealEd), texture importer/converter (if one is needed) and partial SDK (probably just MP) for coding. UT games use a UMod utility for packing the installer files for mods, so that would probably need to be released too, or created (otherwise installing mods could still be done, just a bit more tedius).

"New Content" could mean anything really, but I figure it probably means a few new MP maps. If we get lucky it will be more than that, but I'm keeping my expectations low.
 Oidar at Work
04-01-2005, 6:12 AM
lol what i'm saying is this, from what was quoted it seems were going to be getting two releases. An extra content release and a mod tools release.
Packaged togeather maybe?

Its april 1st so I don't know if we should put faith in the fact they would be releasing anything today....although, we are at the "1 month after the games release" point.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
 Oidar
04-03-2005, 1:09 AM
Originally posted by deathpendragon
i think 4 teh first patch just give all the admin commands AT LEAST! like /amsleep that way ppl cant mvoe or cant b harmed teher just stationary. or /amslap 2 make em fly then die....also /ampunish 2 make em float and not b able 2 talk...then definitely /kick (player name or #) and /ban (player name or #) and type /players 4 teh players #'s and only peeps who run teh serevr an use it unless teh owner sets an RCON pass liek in halo

ugh, sleep? punish? slap?
come on, last thing we need are admin tools with stuff like that.
Kick and ban is all you need. The rest of those are a complete waste of code.

That post has to be a joke.
 Kurgan
04-03-2005, 3:38 AM
ugh, sleep? punish? slap?
come on, last thing we need are admin tools with stuff like that.
Kick and ban is all you need. The rest of those are a complete waste of code.

That post has to be a joke.

Maybe he's in a different time zone and that was his April Fool's day post? I certainly hope so.

Anyway, an opinion is an opinion, but I think the wisest course of action would simply to include the same kind of admin options that UT2k4 had (or JA had out of box for that matter). Lacking these basic functions makes adminning a server virtually impossible. If yelling at people doesn't work, your only option is to ignore them or close the server. That's simply unacceptable.

We've now figured out how to change maps in the console, but we can't change game modes, so still there is a lot lacking.

These slap/sleep/slay things never belong in a game, period. That's why they're always created by some amateur mod maker and not the game developers themselves. So I wouldn't worry about those things appearing from LucasArts, but I am wondering when this patch is going to come out, since it's now been a month since the game was out, and I think it deserves an official patch).
 Oidar
04-03-2005, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by deathpendragon
well it wud b fun cuz its like in Jedi Academy then but kick and ban r just fine 2. or at least b able 2 kill them if ther doing bad

Nope, see an admin isn't suppose to "exact revenge" cause someone does something stupid. You warn them, then kick them if they do it again. If they keep coming back just ban them.
Killing someone cause they do something stupid or wrong is the noob way of admining a server.

Worst thing ever put into ja admin tools were those useless commands. Now everyone that doesn't have a clue how a server should be admined thinks they need those commands.
 BeBop
04-03-2005, 6:01 PM
Yeah I don't see all that much point in those tools. I mean if your going to 'punish' someone by holding them in place...what's the point. If you don't want them there, kick them instead of having them take up a connection slot while not doing anything.
 TK-8252
04-04-2005, 9:30 PM
Let's not be feeding the troll here... ;)
 Falmarin
04-06-2005, 1:37 AM
how about a suitable ending to an otherwise great game?
 Kurgan
04-07-2005, 7:37 AM
Agreed, these guys are just trolling. Everybody knows how annoying it is to hear about the "goodness" of admin mods so they're just trying to start a fight.

*loads shells into ban gun*

Anyway, I guess we've got our "tools" now and our "new content" so I wonder if we're going to get a "patch" soon?

Or maybe a second patch with actual bug fixes? That is unless they pulled a fast one (patch is dated april 1st in the readme) and fixed some bugs without telling us...
;)

Better than nothing, but still!

Time to edit the thread title...
 deathpendragon
04-07-2005, 8:36 AM
i wasnt screwing aroudn or kidding the only reason i mentioned those ones 4 me was cuz i got used 2 them in jedi academy
 BeBop
04-07-2005, 2:15 PM
I don't think this should be called a patch. After all it doesn't patch up any bugs. Just some new content. Interesting observation about the April 1st thing though... But would LA really do that?
 Shok_Tinoktin
04-07-2005, 6:00 PM
I doubt they would. If they were going to fix stuff, they would tell us so we can stop complaining. And if it was an April Fools thing, I would think it kills the joke to never tell us. Its April 7 now after all.

And in the second patch, I would like to see bug fixes.
Page: 2 of 2