Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finally: A Mod to skip (most of) Peragus

Page: 1 of 2
 SuperSquall
03-04-2005, 3:25 PM
So I've got a Mod up at my site (http://pyrology.tuxable.com/kotor/index.phtml) that does two things:

1.) It lets you skip from the very beginning of Peragus to the end of the Harbinger (later versions will do more, and be even more direct)

2.) After you use it you get, among other things, a short Lightsaber.

A lot of people wanted Mods that did either of the above, so now there is one. The mod is in its first version and I haven't done extensive testing on it, so please try it out and tell me if it works long term. (Note: I'll be away for the weekend so I won't be immediate in my response).

I hope you guys like the mod! (and I hope I packed all of the right files) :)

EDIT:

Everything is sorted out - the mod now does the following:
-Set Revan's gender, alignment. Set influence over other NPCs (16% up or down), and set your own LS/DS to a small degree.
-Gives items that are very appropriate for a run through Peragus
-Gives you a lightsaber and a handful of color crystals.
-Gives you a realistic amount of XP and a slightly above normal number of credits (I figured this would be better than giving a large number of more obscure item drops)

Also, you now warp from the security console straight to the entrance to the Ebon Hawk. You can finish Peragus in virtually no time now.

I'm much more pleased with this version of the mod. I believe it goes off without a hitch (and if I'm wrong please correct me quickly).
 darth makaan
03-04-2005, 4:29 PM
that's good but we can't tell the game if revan is a good/evil dude or dudette
 Zod
03-04-2005, 6:35 PM
Man, I would love to have your Jedi Whiskers mod in KOTOR 2. I’ve been trying to get that head model playable in KOTOR 2 with no luck (the model is in KOTOR 2 but I can't find a way to make it playable)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144968)
 jacobarnal
03-06-2005, 1:17 PM
This mod plays well. I'm not sure if the experience you get is real (what you actually get on peragus) or not but it takes out the most boring part of the game.
I came across a slight problem though. After skipping to the harbinger and following it through to the fuel lines. Then going down to where the hangar is, the door that leads to the hangar is locked, and i cant seem to find a way to open it. Is there any way? Is this a universal bug or just with my game, as it seems to have done it twice.
If it is universal, could it be written in the mod script to open that door? (Blast door between the hangar and the fuel depot) It tells me it can only be opened from the console.
Has anyone else tested this mod?
 madog
03-06-2005, 1:32 PM
the door requires a special part that you get in the fule tube when you get off the sith loards ship(where you meeet up with t3-m4
 jacobarnal
03-06-2005, 1:36 PM
How do i open it? Cheers for the help
 madog
03-06-2005, 2:02 PM
after you get the object you need t3-m4 in your team and he will point out the consle and he will use that part to fix the consle and then you can open the door
 jacobarnal
03-06-2005, 2:06 PM
where is the console?
 Emperor Devon
03-06-2005, 2:14 PM
In the hanger bay. Do't bother searching for it - there'll be a cutscene which shows it. (Although the terminal is easy to find)
 jacobarnal
03-06-2005, 2:19 PM
Has anyone actually used this mod?
I know about that. I've completed the game a few times, but i was using this mod to skip peragus and I cant get into the hangar bay cos the door leading to it is locked...
 madog
03-06-2005, 2:20 PM
here you can use this walkthroughwalktrough (http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/walkthrough.php)
warning: butt load of spoilers
 jacobarnal
03-06-2005, 2:24 PM
I've comepleted the game...there aren't any spoilers...
 madog
03-06-2005, 2:42 PM
oh well that is different
 SuperSquall
03-06-2005, 6:04 PM
that's good but we can't tell the game if revan is a good/evil dude or dudettePerhaps my Mod didn't work for you when you played it - in order to skip Peragus you *must* go through a console that asks you if Revan is male or female, and if (s)he was good or bad - it is one of a handful of questions you have to answer before you warp to the Harbinger.

Re: People getting stuck:
I plan on doing at least one more tweak that warps you to the inside of the Hangar (by the Hawk) right after you get T3M4 - I just need to sort through some bugs.

Re: The XP you get:
It's currently a little high. On my test run I was at level 8 or 9 when I finished Peragus so I have to scale it back a little, especially since in this version you mow down a bunch more.

The game, however, does level up many (most?) enemies to adjust to your current level.

Re: Being stuck:
By T3M4 on the ground there should be a component you need to get to the Ebon Hawk, but I'll look into it. One of the reasons I handed out the Lightsaber was so that you could bypass some of the major locks by just sabering the door (it works on an awful lot of them in that area). Either way, the next thing on the to do list is a way to skip ahead and just go straight to the Hawk after you get T3. The only reason why I'm not skipping straight to the Hawk is because of some major problems that Kreia is causing and her apparent refusal to listen to my scripts. I think it's connected to the fact that there are two models of her (2-hands and 1-hand).
 Xcom
03-06-2005, 7:15 PM
Originally posted by SuperSquall

I plan on doing at least one more tweak that warps you to the inside of the Hangar (by the Hawk) right after you get T3M4 - I just need to sort through some bugs.

I think there is already a mod that does this.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10722/)
 SuperSquall
03-06-2005, 9:35 PM
Originally posted by Xcom
I think there is already a mod that does this.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10722/) Thanks for the link.

This Mod is something similar, but it is a little less balanced, and doesn't allow you to set a couple of the optional globals (such as determining of Revan is male or female, good/evil, etc). The Revan bit would be easy to get around (I think) but there are still influences and so on.

Still - I did learn a couple things from it and I think I can make this mod much better. I may msg the author and collaborate.
 jacobarnal
03-07-2005, 2:29 PM
I would welcome improvements to your mod supersquall, especially as i cant get into the main hangar. When about to enter the hangar i am faced with the "fuel depot door" telling me:
"You'll need to open this door by slicing the hangar terminal above"
This is where my skip through peragus leaves me :( unless you know a fix supersquall, looks like ill have to wait till you bring out an update.
 General Kenobi
03-07-2005, 9:59 PM
I played through 2 times once as a female and once as a male. When I get to the panel where the HK unit disables T3 after you talk to T3 the beam animation plays and it hits me instead of T3 then I'm transported back to one of the first beginning levels. Since I haven't broken in and gotten to the hawk it locks the game. Since when I try to go back through the Harb and down into the fuel depot...the door opens to Kreia and Mr. Cigarette Ash just standing about. Then I'm trapped.

Ooh yeah, when it transp. me back to the admin level I had droid to fight while the Atton opening dialogue kept me talking as the droids hacked me to pieces over and over...lol

AAHHHH!!!!

:)

:sbdance :mm1 :3pdance: :band1
 SuperSquall
03-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Version 1.0 is out now!

Everything is sorted out - the mod now does the following:
-Gives items that are very appropriate for a run through Peragus
-Gives you a lightsaber and a handful of color crystals.
-Gives you a realistic amount of XP and a slightly above normal number of credits (I figured this would be better than giving a large number of more obscure item drops)

Also, you now warp from the security console straight to the entrance to the Ebon Hawk. You can finish Peragus in virtually no time now.

I'm much more pleased with this version of the mod. I believe it goes off without a hitch (and if I'm wrong please correct me quickly).
 General Kenobi
03-08-2005, 1:07 AM
Your determined to have us skip a good hour or more of mind numbing running up and down halls aren't ya? lol :)

All kidding aside man I can't wait to try out the final version. I don't mind just repairing the ebon hawk in the beginning (about the most interesting part of Peragus) but everything else was really mindnumbing. I'm very glad you came out with this mod. I'm downloading now after I post this WELL DONE... to ya man

:)

My TSL Mods site... (http://www.gilliamgraphics.com/mods.html)
 Lars1000
03-08-2005, 6:26 AM
Thanks very much for the work on this mod.

I think I may have found one problem though. I seem to have not been granted the "force chain" feat that links the pc to Kreia. I was on Telos in the citadel when I noticed this. It tried going thru the conversation about the bond with Kreia a couple of times but never recieved the feat.
 SuperSquall
03-08-2005, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by Lars1000
Thanks very much for the work on this mod.

I think I may have found one problem though. I seem to have not been granted the "force chain" feat that links the pc to Kreia. I was on Telos in the citadel when I noticed this. It tried going thru the conversation about the bond with Kreia a couple of times but never recieved the feat. Ahh yes. I took care of Force Precognition but missed Force Chain. I will update the mod to take care of this.

As far as your current game is concerned there should be a way to add Force Chain using cheats, so don't feel you've missed out. I also think there *may* be a problem with a boolean connected to Visas. I had it triggered in my initial release but I turned it off while debugging. We will see.
 Arlen Treesong
03-08-2005, 1:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken you don't gain the force bond until your on the Ebon Hawk correct? In any case before testing it, since your around, does your mod check the Boolean for lightsaber created?
 SuperSquall
03-08-2005, 3:14 PM
Version 1.1 is done, this should be the final version now.
-Fixed the Force Chain quirk, the feat is now given out to both the Exile and Kreia.
-Set the Global connected to Visas - I belive this will fix a potential problem.

Originally posted by Arlen Treesong
If I'm not mistaken you don't gain the force bond until your on the Ebon Hawk correct? In any case before testing it, since your around, does your mod check the Boolean for lightsaber created? Although they don't mention it until you are on the Ebon Hawk the Force Chain Feat is added as soon as Kreia joins your party. As far as the Lightsaber created boolean is concerned, my mod just gives you a completed one and does nothing else to impact the lightsaber quest. No variables are touched - it's no different then if I gave you a vibroblade (which I also do). The catch is that some people tend to give out the first lightsaber item they see in the inventory listing (the g1_ item) but I gave out the lightsaber model that actually works (the g_w_ item) so your lightsaber is fully upgradeable, etc.
 Arlen Treesong
03-08-2005, 3:23 PM
As far as the Lightsaber created boolean is concerned, my mod just gives you a completed one and does nothing else to impact the lightsaber quest. No variables are touched - it's no different then if I gave you a vibroblade (which I also do). The catch is that some people tend to give out the first lightsaber item they see in the inventory listing (the g1_ item) but I gave out the lightsaber model that actually works (the g_w_ item) so your lightsaber is fully upgradeable, etc.
Thank you. :D Also, great work, Finally a working perfection to skip peragus. :)
 Lars1000
03-08-2005, 3:49 PM
Version 1.1 is done, this should be the final version now.
-Fixed the Force Chain quirk, the feat is now given out to both the Exile and Kreia.
-Set the Global connected to Visas - I belive this will fix a potential problem.

Thanks again.
As far as your current game is concerned there should be a way to add Force Chain using cheats, so don't feel you've missed out
I had barely started so I will probably just download the update and start again. I should be to the same point in about 15 minutes thanks to the mod.:)
 Arlen Treesong
03-08-2005, 4:04 PM
One thing you missed giving to the player is T3's vitality regen item that the HK droid drops.:)
 SuperSquall
03-08-2005, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by Arlen Treesong
One thing you missed giving to the player is T3's vitality regen item that the HK droid drops.:) What is this? Is it actually a unique item?
 RedHawke
03-09-2005, 12:29 AM
What is this? Is it actually a unique item?
Yes T3-M4 has his regeneration upgrade you get on HK-50's corpse on Peragus, the items Tag is "d_t3m4_02" if I'm not mistaken. ;)

I hope this helps! :D
 SuperSquall
03-09-2005, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Yes T3-M4 has his regeneration upgrade you get on HK-50's corpse on Peragus, the items Tag is "d_t3m4_02" if I'm not mistaken. ;)

I hope this helps! :D Thanks. I didn't think that was the only place to get the item so I left it out. I guess there will be one more tiny change.

EDIT:
So it is, in fact, unique. And I updated the mod.
 FunSolo
03-13-2005, 10:59 AM
hm, tried it out last night, and it doesnt work for me. when i use the medic console (as usual to open doors and stuff) nothin appears - the screen of the console comes up but no text or somthin. is it cause i got another language version? or conflict with other mods or somthin? or can someone confirm that the mod works?
 Axell
03-13-2005, 3:49 PM
Works fine here. I suggest you moving the files in your Override folder to another folder and trying it again.
 General Kenobi
03-13-2005, 4:04 PM
My problem with it in the beginning is that I had two left over files from the first release in with my newest. Try making sure that all your files are lined up. Personally I like keeping individual folders for everything that can use em' in my override. Makes deletion a snap. :)
 FunSolo
03-13-2005, 4:14 PM
well all the files are in there, i just copied n pasted the whole content of it. btw. the readme shows up a version 1.0. but i clicked on the link on your page for version 1.2. is it just an error in the readme or is it a wrong link over there?

my other idea is, that its because of the other language (german, not english). cause i dont got any mods installed that change somethin round the consoles.. just somethin for the med lab and workbench and a saber core fix... stuff like that..
 General Kenobi
03-13-2005, 4:19 PM
I had an issue with the med lab mod (which I use all of the time) conflicting with skip peragus. I could skip in my case but when I was on the Ebon Hawk shooting With with the turret gun and they board when my ship reloaded it was a funky dulled out version and nothing was there. No people, no anything but me and the ship. I got around it by taking out the med bay mod with skip peragus till after I took off and got to that first place you go to then put it back in the override folder. That helped me with my problem.
 Xcom
03-13-2005, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
my other idea is, that its because of the other language (german, not english). cause i dont got any mods installed that change somethin round the consoles.. just somethin for the med lab and workbench and a saber core fix... stuff like that..

If SuperSquall made console dlg in english version and you have German version, then this is exactly the kind of problem you can expect. (I am slowly becoming an expert on this :rolleyes: )

What you can do is get tk102's language ID converter and run the dlg file(s) that came with the mod through it.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145725)
 Hive
03-13-2005, 6:01 PM
It's nice, but I wish it also skipped the boring turret shooting...

Ah well, can't have it all I guess. :)
 SuperSquall
03-13-2005, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by Hive
It's nice, but I wish it also skipped the boring turret shooting...

Ah well, can't have it all I guess. :) If you let them all board the Hawk you can get a lot of XP though :p

Re: FunSolo's install problems:
I expect it has to do with language barriers or leftover files from previous versions of the mod (if that is the case). I used a lot of different scripts (fewer overall) etc in the later versions of the mod.

The readme version problem *shouldn't* be anything, except that it should've said v1.1 if you had the latest version of the mod. Either way I fixed it. 1.2 is up and the readme reflects that.
 FunSolo
03-13-2005, 7:42 PM
nah, i havent tried any earlier versions of it, cause i found it last days. so.. that cant be the reason. well im through peragus now, so i guess i dont need it anymore, but i remember the things mentioned in the future.
03-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I have a problem with it i get on the ship blah adn then i ask kreia what's wrong she says we gotta go then when i'm on the ship and i'm suppose to go talk to kreia to go on she isn't on the ship and i've got my party following me around on the ship verrrry odd please help i removed the files but when i go to the console to unlock atton's cell it still gives me the quick escape options and i have started 3 new games witth the files removed it just wont work.
 SuperSquall
03-19-2005, 2:39 AM
Originally posted by 722231
I have a problem with it i get on the ship blah adn then i ask kreia what's wrong she says we gotta go then when i'm on the ship and i'm suppose to go talk to kreia to go on she isn't on the ship and i've got my party following me around on the ship verrrry odd please help i removed the files but when i go to the console to unlock atton's cell it still gives me the quick escape options and i have started 3 new games witth the files removed it just wont work. Okay what exactly is going on? You *aren't* supposed to get to the point where you unlock Atton's cell, the security desk where you use the mod is before that and you *must* use it as soon as you reach it. I give out XP and set global variables on the assumption that you use the mod as soon as possible. You do *not* need to have the conversation with Atton to determine the gender etc of Revan as my mod will get all of this information and set all of the globals as need be.

Just play the mod as follows:
-Start your new game.
-Do the prologue if you want
-Awaken from your Kolto tank (so far these steps are all mandatory)
-Go the med room and use the console and select the option to skip Peragus. It will instruct you to go talk to Kreia and then use the security desk.
-Talk to Kreia.
-Go to the security desk. You will face exactly four mining droids and you should level up in your fight with the first pair.
-Inspect the security desk.
-Answer all the questions and never look back.

Or in other words:
-Play the game and inspect/use the security panel when you find it. I took care of everything else. That was the point of the mod, actually - you skip as much of Peragus as possible - I take care of everything else.

Try that and tell me if it works.
 General Kenobi
03-19-2005, 9:17 AM
Yep, EXACTLY what SuperSquall said.

I was guilty of this myself. You MUST follow the instructions that this wonderful (and ooh god thank you for letting me skip this horrid level :) ) author laid down.
As long as you follow the instructions if you choose to use the "skip" feature you'll be good. I've used this MOD with about 20 characters and it works like a charm.

HOWEVER; Bugs abound if you "lapse" into the normal level playing. It just wasn't meant to be "stopped" by picking up the original play through plan. HK blows you up like he does T3 with that carbonite projector, etc. They aren't what I'd call bugs though. :) Just keep in mind Super's instructions and you won't mess up your game. I was off Peragus in like 4 minutes :) Can't get much better than that.
03-24-2005, 4:45 PM
super I wasn't useing yours i was useing the first guys and i didnt vknow yours was at the security desc that makes things easier ^.^ thanks
 General Kenobi
03-24-2005, 5:29 PM
Since someone posted to this thread again and took it back up top I thought I'd throw a bit of FYI in there for you all as well. :)

I noticed that after you've gone from the Peragus system the quest to "Rescue Your Character Name" still exists in the active quests. I don't care but just thought I'd throw that out there for those who HATE active quests they can't complete.
03-27-2005, 11:53 AM
i'm having another problem i'm posting it here since we are talking about problems cause i don't know where to put this one, i get done talking to luxa and she says go to the medical place and when i walk to the west sector it gets past half way of loading and then it kicks me out of the game ;.; anyone know?
 Nirwan
03-29-2005, 5:59 AM
edit : nothing, problem solved.
 kuonji
01-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Just wondering how many files are supposed to be in the mod. I only have one, medlog.dlg, and was wondering if there are supposed to be others since the only part of the mod that works for me is the first medical console. When I get to the security console all I get are the normal options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JK
 Jackel
01-17-2006, 2:21 AM
Just wondering how many files are supposed to be in the mod. I only have one, medlog.dlg, and was wondering if there are supposed to be others since the only part of the mod that works for me is the first medical console. When I get to the security console all I get are the normal options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JK
JUst downloaded this from pcgamemods to check it out for you. ( http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/12010.html) )

Found this in the file:
Level 1 : 2 folders - Override and Source plus a readme file.
In the Override folder: 13 files (wont list them)
In the Source folder: 11 files.

I would say redownload the version over (a whooping 14kb file) and unrar it and see what you get.

Hope this helps.
 kuonji
01-17-2006, 4:34 PM
JUst downloaded this from pcgamemods to check it out for you. ( http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/12010.html) )

Found this in the file:
Level 1 : 2 folders - Override and Source plus a readme file.
In the Override folder: 13 files (wont list them)
In the Source folder: 11 files.

I would say redownload the version over (a whooping 14kb file) and unrar it and see what you get.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I kind of figured I was missing some files. Turns out it was winace causing the problem (wasn't extracting all the files).

Thanks again,

JK
 Jae Onasi
01-23-2006, 1:10 AM
No more Coorta!!! Woohoo!!!

Thank you much!!
Page: 1 of 2