Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't Finish "Rendezvous With Defector" (Tour3/Mission6)

Page: 1 of 1
 Jaren Dereth
04-18-2000, 11:16 PM
I thought I'd post this in here because this is the only forum that gets any posts.

I'm having a ton of trouble trying to finish the sixth mission of Tour 3. It's the one where you have to help the supposed defector make it to the alliance frigate, but your ambushed along the way by a Star Destroyer(anybody else find this SD incredibly easy to take out single-handedly?) and an Interdictor. I don't have any troubles actually completing the objectives, it's just trying to get the mission to end itself.

Either the game crashes on me, or the Liberty goes into hyperspace and never emerges, thereby preventing the conclusion of the mission. This has happened several times, and it's going way past the point of annoying. Anybody else have troubles with this mission, bug-wise or other?

------------------
"If all the world's children were laid end to end, some would be in the ocean........"
- Anon
 ViRGE
04-19-2000, 1:18 AM
Try the 2.02 patch from LA before you try anything else.

------------------
ViRGE
System Apex
www.systemapex.com) (http://www.systemapex.com)
 Jaren Dereth
04-19-2000, 1:42 AM
Already got that before I even installed the game, so the program is up to date.

I've also noticed now that the mission will ALWAYS crash given enough time(usually around 35 minutes into the mission, well after the action is over).

------------------
"If all the world's children were laid end to end, some would be in the ocean........"
- Anon
 Thrawn
04-19-2000, 2:18 AM
Well, there must be something to prevent the mission from ending. I haven't played it in a while, but I remember never having trouble with it even without the patch.

------------------
"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn
Rogue 6
 Jaren Dereth
04-19-2000, 6:55 AM
Well, I managed to get the mission to end properly. The problems stemmed from my X-Wing destroying the Star Destroyer before the program expected it to. The mission turned out fine if I destroyed the Interdictor first, then let the Liberty hyper out, and then I was able to destroy the SD without the bug cropping up.

------------------
- Anon
Page: 1 of 1