Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Machinima (Movie Making) with JA

Page: 1 of 1
 jazo
03-03-2005, 2:25 PM
I have just recently looked into the mods available for this game. They are pretty extensive but if anyone could point me to a place where the absolute best are I would be grateful.

I need a very specific question answered though. First is the HUD removable in the game. Second, is there anyway to make the characters lips move in multiplayer. Like in Counter-Strike whenever you type. I thought I had heard of some program that was compatible with the Q3 engine that did something similar.

I am very interested in making a machinima but cannot find a game engine to use. I played a bit of JO back in the day and have seen this game played on the Xbox. If it is possible to do these things I could be able to make a pretty sweet production.

Finally please add any suggestions or comments, thanks for your time.
 [USA]-bLaSt
03-03-2005, 2:38 PM
open the console and type /seta cg_Draw2D 0 and all hud and onscreen info will not be drawn. There are seperate variables for each onscreen element as well but they escape me at the moment.

set it to 1 to turn back on.
 Kurgan
03-04-2005, 8:30 AM
Find a machinima site, and contact the people there. Find out what they used, and you'll be on your way!

This is one area (movie making) where all those useless stupid admin mods might serve a purpose (they tend to be laden with silly emotes). Bad for gameplay, good for 'acting' potentially.

Good luck!
Page: 1 of 1