Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests Thread (#3)

Page: 1 of 8
 T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 3:19 PM
Same deal as before. Do you have an idea for a KotOR mod you would like, But don't know how to make it or have the time. Then this is where you can make your mod request, but since you are making a request you must understand that modding is usually hobby that People do in there spare time and that they have Full time jobs. When you make a request please keep this in mind.

Ok this time were going to try this thread with a few rules, for posting in this thread. I'll keep this as brief as possible.

1. This thread is for the discussion of mod requests. Any discussion of how to make a mod or off topic discussion will be directed to the main Holowan Forum or deleted (@ moderator discretion).

2. Before you make a request please check the Tools and mods stuck, http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/) and http://www.lucasfiles.com/) KotOR section. Before posting your request it is possible that your desired mod has been made already.

3. When you make your request please be descriptive and take the time to think about what it is you would like to see, after all you’re the one making the request but if someone chooses to make it they will need as much information about it as possible. Also it takes time and effort to make a mod and the request should involve thought and effort on your part.

4. DO NOT Request Porting Any Resources from another game into KotOR. Taking copyrighted and proprietary materials from another game and Using then in KotOR Mods will not be Tolerated as this is quite illegal.

5. Final, Please be respectful towards Holowan's Modders.

IF you would like to scan the old request threads here they are:
Request thread 1 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128018)
Request thread 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134203)
 T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 3:19 PM
temp
 sithrule88
12-31-2004, 9:13 PM
A Darth Revan's Robe(s) mode where the boots don't go through the cape and the camera angle dosen't jump around when you're fighting. I've tried all of them and whenever I'm in combat I get seasick. Even the Star Forge Robes and Revan The White's robes in RedHawkes Revan The White/ Star Forge/ BoosterPack1 mod. This is only for my PC. One my NPCs they look like the robes that you get on the Star Forge and this dosen't happen.
 Colma Adawin
01-01-2005, 6:44 AM
hey ppl, wow, i havent used this in a while :p anyway, i have a nice request to all modders, you may wish to throw sommit at me for saying this, but i was wondering, seeing as we're learning new skills, could we update them to make them EVEN MORE COOLER!!! i've got a load of mods as you can see here:

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/7999/howmanymods1nf.jpg)

also, anyone that has Seps mods could you PM me and i'll give you my E-Mail, im really after his older mods (Visual Effects mod in particular)

thanx and sorry for being a git :xp:

MattCole

Matt, I removed the IMG tag for your pic. Please read the new rules in the first post of this thread. We are trying to avoid irrelevant stuff in order to keep this thread useful. - Darth333-
 Renegade Angel
01-01-2005, 6:47 AM
A Darth Revan's Robe(s) mode where the boots don't go through the cape and the camera angle dosen't jump around when you're fighting. I've tried all of them and whenever I'm in combat I get seasick. Even the Star Forge Robes and Revan The White's robes in RedHawkes Revan The White/ Star Forge/ BoosterPack1 mod. This is only for my PC. One my NPCs they look like the robes that you get on the Star Forge and this dosen't happen.
Yeah, I would like this too.(Revan's cape isnt steam pressed:D .)
 Colma Adawin
01-01-2005, 10:25 AM
okay ppl, I REALLY NEED A HUGE FAVOUR :(

i was wondering if anyone has the Dual Weapon mod, im in desperate need for it plz, anyone whos got it, plz plz plz, PM ASAP (as soon as possible) i'll send my E-Mail to you, plz anyone, i need your help

MattCole

Thanx for liste.......reading :p
 EnderWiggin
01-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Do you mean the mod that allows you to have 2 two handed weapons?

It's On PCGM!!!

http://pcgamemods.com/5469/)

See?

_EW_
 T7nowhere
01-01-2005, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by sithrule88

Originally posted by Chains
Yeah, I would like this too.(Revan's cape isnt steam pressed:D .)

I have fixed the Camera on the Revan Robes I edited(click the link in my sig) I tried to get the Cape flowing as has svцsh and he couldn't get it to work(I also hear Obsidian couldn't do it) so I think its best to accept that its not going to happen.

IF my robes are not what your looking for then you can learn how to use gmax, I explained in detail how to fix the Camera and helpers In the modeling Tutorial thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134510)

Originally posted by MattColejk
hey ppl, wow, i havent used this in a while :p anyway, i have a nice request to all modders, you may wish to throw sommit at me for saying this, but i was wondering, seeing as we're learning new skills, could we update them to make them EVEN MORE COOLER!!!

Huh!? What is that you want Matt, is it for all modders to update old mods? or to make them compatible? Please for everyones Sake be specific or its likely that your request wil be ignored.
 Tomoro
01-01-2005, 7:32 PM
Can someone create for me a custom skin and icons for this pic, and a custom lightsaber with the handle looking similar to the hilt of the sword?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/tomoro/darthjodah.jpg)

Later I will post a pic to be used for the icons.

I get it. Yes I intended to, but I got sidetracked what with registering and having to crop and upload the pic, so I forgot.
 Colma Adawin
01-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
Matt, I removed the IMG tag for your pic. Please read the new rules in the first post of this thread. We are trying to avoid irrelevant stuff in order to keep this thread useful. - Darth333-

I Apoligise Darth333, :( :xp:

T7, well, i was thinking more along the lines of updating previous mods, making ALL those mods compatable, sod that, you'd be there forever.

no i would like to see previous mods, updated.
you know, like you and Svosh did with there mods, that really improved your mods

Good Luck if you wish to take this task on board

MattCole (the most disliked member on Holowan :xp:) j/k

PS: Thanks EW, and chains (he PM'ed me)
 Star Ghost
01-02-2005, 1:15 AM
Hi, I'm Star Ghost, and, yes, I'm a noob :eek: . I saw this thread
and think it's a great idea, as some of us can barley do anything
when it comes to modding. All I can do is-

I'll get to the point. It would be really awsome if someone could
make a kind of 'seperate' game, where you don't do any of the things in the game, and with a unique story line, which I would be willing to write. It would have seperate quests and everything, plus new weapons and powers, and if possible, feats and skills (I have never seen these before). It could also use new worlds, and on the existing worlds, new areas. It would also have different ships, like instead of the ebon halk, the player could have a capital ship like the endar spire, that would be easy, all you would have to do was remove the 'damage' effects and add a galaxy map to the bridge. The player could also have the choice of being a jedi or not, and there could be quests like raiding sith bases and stuff, or you could join the sith. This would be very complex, but you could get people to help. Like I said, I can write the storyline.

completely understanable if this is way too hard :atat: :biggs:
 Renegade Angel
01-02-2005, 4:59 AM
Nice first post Star.;)
As far as your request, I'm sure this is possible, but we would probrably need Bioware's help.:rolleyes:

P.S. I'm sure some of our more talented modders could attempt this,
Chains (The worst modder at Holowan...:compcry: )
 sith_master2000
01-02-2005, 1:58 PM
I wish to know if you can convert the standard Jedi Robes that some people wear on Dantooine (also Bastila's mother wears them) into an item the the PC and party can wear. I've tried it myself but it didn't work right :( . No one was able to wear them, no one. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Also can someone give me a working link to the Force Replication Mod. I found one link at http://alvin777t.tripod.com/) but the site has closed now so I can't get it. I also found another link at a Russian site but because I'm not Russian the site won't let me download it. If anyone is able to send me a copy please PM me. If anyone has a working link please inform me in this thread. (If it's okay with T7)
 T7nowhere
01-02-2005, 2:51 PM
@sith_master2000 Gameunlimited's Force Replication power is in All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313)

Your first request is easy to make, But the robes will have to replace one that the PC can wear normally, infact I think several mods like this have been made, check http://www.pcgamemods.com/6) and you might find one already made. :)
 Jennaida
01-03-2005, 8:13 AM
Hmm...

Is there, or could someone make, a /proper/ Cathar skin for Juhani? They're not supposed to look nearly human. If you look in the EU, they're portrayed as being more like lions standing on two feet, with wild manes. Like this (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar2b.jpg).

Any chance of seeing a reskin more like that?
 Xavier2
01-03-2005, 8:25 AM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Hmm...

Is there, or could someone make, a /proper/ Cathar skin for Juhani? They're not supposed to look nearly human. If you look in the EU, they're portrayed as being more like lions standing on two feet, with wild manes. Like this (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar2b.jpg).

Since the link for this picture is disable it is not possible to say for sure.

But...If you are looking for a character with a mane or a non-human shape (like a stand up lion) i am afraid the chance is close to zero. A non-human shape would require a new 3D body model not only a skin and the process to do this is not completelly effective for full body replacement. We would end up loosing all character animation.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Unless this Cathar you are talking about is similar to a Wookie then it would be possible to make a skin out of that, without the need to mess with body models.
 Tomoro
01-03-2005, 8:47 AM
Xavier 2, copy and paste the image link into your address bar.

Looks kinda like how a female bothan would look to me though.

------------------------------------------------------

And as was promised, an edited pic for my skin request.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/tomoro/darthjodah.jpg)
 Sith Stryker
01-03-2005, 9:41 AM
I would like to see a mod where you could use Bastila's head and maybe if theres a way to change Bastilas head so it would be differnt.

Also do all the Revan robe mods make the screen shake around when you are in a fight?
 90SK
01-03-2005, 10:22 AM
^^^^^^
Check the earlier posts, T7 has a link to his.

As for your hilt request, Tomoro, I have been attempting to make something similar (its just the standard Vibrosword hilt, saber style). However, I'm the worst modeler that has ever attempted to model. gmax seems to be conspiring against me :mad:. If, however unlikely, I can ever finish it, I'll direct you to the link.
 Jennaida
01-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Since the link for this picture is disable it is not possible to say for sure.

Wierd, it works fine for me, from the post, and from your quote of the post... damn.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Unless this Cathar you are talking about is similar to a Wookie then it would be possible to make a skin out of that, without the need to mess with body models.

Hmm... While it is something of a standing up lion skin, it isn't that far off a Wookie, potentially, as a starting point. Not sure.

If you have the Power of the Jedi sourcebook (I assume it's same in Ultimate Alien Anthology, not sure tho), it's that picture.

http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar.html)

Is where I got it. If it likes that any better.
 sith_master2000
01-03-2005, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
@sith_master2000 Gameunlimited's Force Replication power is in All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313)

Your first request is easy to make, But the robes will have to replace one that the PC can wear normally, infact I think several mods like this have been made, check http://www.pcgamemods.com/6) and you might find one already made. :)
Thanks for that T7 :D .

EDIT: I downloaded the All in one force power mod but (as I had predicted it installs all the files at once, you can't choose which mod(s) you would like to install. Do you know which files are for the replication mod?
 T7nowhere
01-03-2005, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Hmm...

I know what you mean about Juhani not looking a bit like a Cathar, I was really disapointed that Bioware took that short cut.
Unfortunately a Wookie would not be suitable for this type of request, a shaved one maaaybe ;) IMO In order to make this mod it would require a new model, which is a little beyond what what can do with KotOR models :(
 Star Ghost
01-03-2005, 7:55 PM
What I want is some cool bounty hunting side quests, because all the ones in the game are too easy, and it would be cool if there were some on Dantooine and Korriban.:cool:
 Orgophlax
01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
What I'd really like to see is a Revans robe mod, but without the mask. I figure it's possible since the plot twist cutscene obviously shows revan without the mask.

Then, when you find the sith mask on Korriban, you can complete the revan costume. I just think it should come in pieces.
 T7nowhere
01-04-2005, 1:06 AM
Originally posted by Orgophlax
What I'd really like to see is a Revans robe mod, but without the mask. I figure it's possible since the plot twist cutscene obviously shows revan without the mask.

Then, when you find the sith mask on Korriban, you can complete the revan costume. I just think it should come in pieces.
hmm. You can try out my version of Revan's robes and Mask. Click the link in my sig and look for Revan's Mask Plus in the mods section.
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Thanks for that T7 :D .
EDIT: I downloaded the All in one force power mod but (as I had predicted it installs all the files at once, you can't choose which mod(s) you would like to install. Do you know which files are for the replication mod?
:eek: What you don't like the other force powers :confused: I am well, Astounded!! You can't really separate them unless you want to edit spells.2da and a number of scripts that control the FP's. I think it would be better to just install the whole mod and try out the other FP's. My personal Favorite Custom Fp is Darth333's Mind trick, There is nothing more fun than turing Darkjedi against each other :dev11 and then you have DArth Khasei's potent Darkside powers. I really have to say that you should play with all the FP's in the game.
Originally posted by Star Ghost
What I want is some cool bounty hunting side quests, because all the ones in the game are too easy, and it would be cool if there were some on Dantooine and Korriban.:cool:
I realize your new to our forums but when you make a request can you please put more thought into it than that(please read the thread rules posted at the top of the page).

btw,There is one Geoharedan mission on Dantooine. :p

*A note to everyone, Put thought into your requests. Even if its a request for a reskin explain in as much detail what you want or your post may be deleted. I am going to be much less leanient this time around.
 Darkkender
01-04-2005, 1:42 AM
Originally posted by Star Ghost

As T7 said as well if you do a search through the forums keywords "bounty hunting" Doom dealer is working on this at this thread.Bounty Hunter Missions mod ideas (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140542)
 90SK
01-04-2005, 6:18 AM
I'd love to see a republic helmet/ officer's cap model made. Just take the republic soldier model, delete all excapt the helmet, and postion as needed. Sure, there will be clipping issues, but thats a small price to pay. ;)
 Max_horsepower
01-04-2005, 7:10 AM
Hello, this is my first post so im kind of a newb to this. In any case I always thought it would be cool to make a sidequest for hk-47 where you can take advantage of his assassin skills and use him to hunt down evil charaters for bounty. For example, have a quest set up where you have been asked by a merchant or some character in the game to hunt down and kill a certain evil individual, in any case in order to do so you will need Hk-47s help to track the scum down.
Hk-47 uses his tracking skills and leads you to his victim. You have the choice of killing the victim yourself or let Hk-47 do his thing. This is just a basic idea what you could do. It would just be cool to have a dialog between Hk-47 and his victim before Hk-47 kills the meatbag.

Anyways let me know what you think
Max
 sith_master2000
01-05-2005, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
:eek: What you don't like the other force powers :confused: I am well, Astounded!! You can't really separate them unless you want to edit spells.2da and a number of scripts that control the FP's. I think it would be better to just install the whole mod and try out the other FP's. My personal Favorite Custom Fp is Darth333's Mind trick, There is nothing more fun than turing Darkjedi against each other :dev11 and then you have DArth Khasei's potent Darkside powers. I really have to say that you should play with all the FP's in the game.
I didn't say I didn't like the other FP :p I just said I wanted to have the replication mod. Still I might try your suggestion and test them all out. Also forget what I said about the Jedi Robes, a found a copy of them ;) .
 Shrub91
01-06-2005, 5:25 PM
Can someone make a Leia Slave Outfit for all races using the scoundrel undies model? :fett:
 Sith Stryker
01-06-2005, 7:38 PM
I still wonder if someone has converted Bastila's head for the PC.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-07-2005, 4:21 AM
Originally posted by Piece of metal
What i want is a revans robes (the full one with cape and hood and mask and everything)
But without the cape...(Because of some clipping issues...and more.

:eyeraise:

T7's Removable Revan Mask+

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm)
 Bimmerman
01-07-2005, 1:42 PM
svosh's Uzi mod got me thinking. I know I posted this before in the old thread, but i figured I should put it here as well as this thread is more likely to be read than the old one. I am thinking of a mod that would incorporate real-world military weapons such as the M-16, AK-47, Colt 1911 .45, H&K MP5, .50 caliber BMG Sniper Rifle, and the Winchester model 1897 12-ga shotgun. Damage properties could be mainly physical and energy-related(impact force). If it is possible to extend range(I know close to nothing about non-lightsaber editing), then the rifles should have significantly long ranges(.50 cal longest- ~1 mile accurate range real life) and shotguns/pistols have shorter ranges by far. IF possible, also add in gunshot noises.

Also- how about making Luke's saber from ROTJ? I can't model-no talent- so just throwing this idea out there.

Finally- I don't have the tools or knowledge to scropt effectively, so how about a light side force power similar to force storm? the idea I have is more powerful, has a high level requirement >=18, should cost a lot of force points, and requires a high save to avert death/incapacitation.

I completely understand if none of this is possible, but just wanted to put out a few of the ideas that have been floating around inside my head for the past few weeks.
 90SK
01-07-2005, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Also- how about making Luke's saber from ROTJ? I can't model-no talent- so just throwing this idea out there.

This has been made by several people, I think. Wait while I get some links... ;)

Edit: I can't find anything. :eyeraise:

I know there are models of it out there, but I can't find any released! I know Achilles made one, but I can't racall him releasing it. I also thought Svцsh and T7 had made it, but on inspection of both their sites I found nothing. I suggest downloading T7's saber pack and re-skinning ANH Obi-Wan's saber to look like lukes.
 masterbob7
01-07-2005, 2:58 PM
How about some skin for han, luke, leia
 Bimmerman
01-07-2005, 4:03 PM
I suggest downloading T7's saber pack and re-skinning ANH Obi-Wan's saber to look like lukes.

I already have that saber pack(nice job T7, btw) and have tried to change the color of Obi-wan's from blue to green using hex editors and such to no luck. I end up with a terrible looking blade so I was just wondering if there exists such a saber or a modder interested in making one-as I said, I fail at modeling/reskinning- I'd rather not do it myself because of my (poor) previous results.
 Durge
01-07-2005, 6:16 PM
Ok this is two requests that will be understood by all of the SWG players out there but for those of you who arent ill explain in great deatail. I have two requests for melee weapons. The first is for a weapon called a Scythe Blade that is like a two-handed weapon that could be used like the gorromian battleaxe. I have a pic of the weapon here http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abilities.html?swgability=3252)

The second weapon i would like to request is called a Vibro Knuckler(VK) . The VK is a melee weapon that fits on your hand like brass knuckles and increeses melee attack. This could just be added to the fists when fighting with no weapon but now you can fight whith this and increse the attack. One again i have refrence pictures for the VK here http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abilities.html?swgability=2683)
 ChAiNz.2da
01-08-2005, 1:15 AM
Huh?
I could swear that i posted a request here yesterday..

I know you did cuz I answered ;)

Scroll up about 6 posts.

T7's Removable Revan Mask+

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm)
 T7nowhere
01-08-2005, 4:13 AM
Huh?
I could swear that i posted a request here yesterday..
Maybe i didn't.
Anyway, I want a Revans Robes, (Full, with mask and everything,like in the cutscenes)
But without the cape.
Only hood, robe, mask.
Is this possible?
Why am i asking if it's possible? I know that it's 100% possible.

Yes, you did make a post here yesterday and I deleted it. The reason being another person before you Requested almost the same thing. I responded by pointing that user towards MY Revan Plus + mod which is located on my personal website. Then you made a post requesting almost the exact same thing and ChAiNz.2da responded. I felt that was sufficient and deleted your post in an effort to keep this thread clean.

If My mod is not to your likeing you can follow the advice I gave in my post 8th down from the top. Now Don't worry people are not ignoring you , But I would like it if you would please pay attention and so Im deleteing your second post Regarding this subject which has been discussed. But being the nice guy that I am I will leave your post quoted within my post incase someone wants to make your request exactly as you have asked instead of deleting it all together. I am not trying to disuade users from making requests But I do ask that you pay attention to what has been discussed.

Thank you.
 Airrazor
01-08-2005, 5:00 AM
Some mod that skips Taris?....Does that one allready exist...if it doesn't anyone interested in making it?
 Shrub91
01-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Can someone make these???

Request # 1:

A Medium Repeating Blaster using Ion Rifle Model & Skin, firing green bolts:

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Hvy Weapons

Name: Heavy Laser Rifle

Damage: Physical: 75-95

Range: 60 Meters

Critical Hit: 20-20

Stun: 10%

Attack Modifier: 20

Description:
A monster of a weapon, It is extremely accurate and can terminate an enemy in one shot even if the enemy has a personal shield.
Only one is known to exist.

Make the cheat to get it: hvy_lsr_rfl

----------------------------------------------------------

Request # 2:

using Cinnagar Blaster Carbine skin/model firing red bolts

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Blaster Rifle

Name: Republic Blaster Carbine

Damage: Physical: 40-50

Range: 50

Critical Hit: 17-20

Stun: 0%

Attack Modifier: 15

Description: Standard issue weapon for the republic marines corps, It is based on an experimental Mandalorian design.

Make the cheat to get it: rep_blstr_crbn
Request # 3:

Using Bothan quick draw skin/model, firing green bolts.

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Blaster Pistol

Name: Republic Quick-Draw Pistol

Damage: Physical: 55-65

Range: 40 Meters

Critical Hit: 20-20 x2

Stun: 0 %

Attack Modifier: 10

Description:
A favorite among republic spies on the field, this pistol is virtually invisible under clothing to the naked eye until it is too late.

Make the cheat to get it: rep_quick-draw

P.S. NONE should be upgradable, They're already very powerful :) And please post em' on PcGameMods, Thank you VERY much in advance

Take your time with them!

T7nowhere EDIT: Please in the future if you have multiple request put them in the same post.
 Darth333
01-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Shrub91
A Blaster rifle using Ion Rifle Model & Skin, firing green bolts:
This is something you could easily make by yourself. It's an excellent place to get started with modding KotOR (and it;s definitely more rewardning and cooloer than to have someone doing it for you). Get Kotor tool and follow this tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253). I am not sure if that range is possible however.
 Shrub91
01-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble Darth but I own a Mac and I haven't seen KotOR Tool for mac yet, If you have, please post the url for me

Edit: Thank you, T7 for jamming all my posts in one and as for not spamming ... I'll keep that in mind. :)
 Colma Adawin
01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey Modelers!!!!

i recently had a thought,

the GUNBLADE in Final Fantasy 8, i know that yes there is a problem with melee and ranged weaponry BUT, what if you coud make it so when you attack with the gunblade, an explosion would hit the enemy, just like in the game.

Gunblade:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/final.fantasy.playstation/ff8-gunblade.jpg)

http://coincointeubet.free.fr/lesrestes/img/Gunblade.JPG)

Close-up on the engraved Griffin:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tuvunen/tuomaan_rpg_sivut/ff8kuvia/muut_kuvat/gunblade.jpg)

so if anyone would like to create this blade for me, and then add some kind of script that once you've hit the enemy, theres a little explosion, and obviasly, when you miss it doesnt explode.

this is most-likey to take a while, but if someone is commited to creating this, i will wait as long as it takes.

MattCole
 Darkkender
01-09-2005, 6:30 AM
Originally posted by Airrazor
Some mod that skips Taris?....Does that one allready exist...if it doesn't anyone interested in making it?

While this conceivably sounds like an easy mod or a nice shortcut. Most modders here have had no interest in this particular type of mod. The reason is unlike the endar spire which is more of a introduction tutorial area, Taris introduces you completly to 2/3 of you NPC henchmen. Taris also build up a good chunk of the plot and character advancement that is needed for your character without Taris you end up skipping almost 1/5th of your game. There are also other factors to consider without Taris you never get a swoop bike or the Ebon Hawk never mind that alot of the sidequests and romances are driven by dialogues that must occur on Taris otherwise you can never have the Romance begin. Now I'm not trying to discourage you from requesting mods however Mods such as this destroy a good portion of the reason to play KOTOR.

If this is truly a mod that you would like then this is one that I might Recommend you attempting to learn to mod for. Because if you mod this one yourself you would definettley learn many of the modding skills that many of the veteran modders at Holowan have learned.
 Renegade Angel
01-09-2005, 8:05 AM
I just had the coolest idea....A wrist-mounted Rocket Launcher!:D
 Darkkender
01-09-2005, 9:06 AM
You'll get your wish in TSL, Mira has one

Lets here it for reverse engineering also known as backwards engineering. If it's there that means somebody will figure out how to make it backwards compatible maybe me.:D
 T7nowhere
01-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Can someone please respond to my weapon request post? It's 5 posts up.
Can someone please post whether or not they want to do my mod request 10 posts up?

EDIT: and if this is considered spamming then i'm sorry, but i just would like some feedback!

Please do not spam. Understand that this is a request thread but, that does not mean your request will be made. It would be great if every single request was made by a modder. Unfortunately this is not the case. Now it is apprciated the detail that you have specified, But one of Holowans modders must be interested in making it.

So please be patient and do not spam this thread.

Originally posted by Darkkender
Lets here it for reverse engineering also known as backwards engineering. If it's there that means somebody will figure out how to make it backwards compatible maybe me.:D

Even if it were possible to take resources from TSL and port them to KotOR It would be highly illegal and would not be Supported by Lucasforums.That one weapon is one of TSL's big features ;)
 Sith Stryker
01-09-2005, 6:02 PM
I would like a tut on how to make NPC headds for the PC. If there is one already can you point me to it? Also I really want to know how to make reflections. I know when you compile a model for a game called Counter-Strike: Source you have to make a "shiney" map to make the reflections. I notice on the .tgas that reflect have a low opacity to a clear layer. Is that how you do it? I wanna really get into KOTOR modding so any help would be cool.
 Master_Sage
01-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi, I hope you still do mods and stuff, because I have a request that is both unusual but probably dead easy.

All I want is a picture (not a mod) of Bastila, just regular Bastila with dark hair etc, in black, dark jedi robes - not the blue ones.

I think the master one would be better, I'm not sure if there is a difference though.

And I'm not sure it really counts as a mod either, because all I really want it for, is a friend who has been going insane trying to use photoshop to alter a normal Bastila to make her outfit black.

I tried searching online, but didn't find what my friend's after.

So if you would be so kind as to email me a JPG or similarly smaller format file (BMPs and PSDs are just too huge) of normal Bastila with normal hair in normal dark jedi master robes, I would be so grateful. If possible, I'd like the file to be no smaller in size than say about 500 pixels across or wide - my friend Tara is just mad about Bastila and I promised I'd help her find the pic she is after so she can admire it or something.

The background doesn't matter, it can be Dantooine or Taris, whatever. I'd do this myself if I knew how (and if my crappy pc wasn't so.. crappy) but I don't.

One last thing, if this is as easy a task as I think it is, and if you feel both creative and generous with your services, would you mind sending maybe a few Bastila pics of this kind? At least one normal but maybe also one or two with minor facial tatoos and or markings on the robe? (as long as her hair and the robe are still black, she likes black - its stealthy, tho the robe markings could be different of course)

Please put no "headgear" on her (you know, like visors or anything) and if you can give her a saber, maybe make it single bladed and not red, please?

I've scoured through Google using different criteria, and found buckleys.. until I found this forum. I am convinced you are the best person to ask such thing.

Help me T7nowhere, you're my only hope.
Page: 1 of 8