Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JoyStick

Page: 1 of 1
 H0WARD
02-20-2005, 5:23 PM
Ok, I posted in the General section that I intended to get this game. I got it, but it won't play without the joystick. I have a joystick, but there's nowhere to put it on my newer computer. The old one has a spot, so I think I'll be able to play on that (it's not as old as the game is, but it's old), but I'd perfer to play on the newer one (or both cause I'd like to try the joystick), and I was wondering if there's anyway to play without the joystick... :biggs:
 Wildstar
02-21-2005, 7:29 AM
H0WARD

You must have an old game port joystick and you're trying to use it on a computer that has only USB ports. XWA can use any controller (i.e. gamepads) that DirectX supports, but personally, I wouldn't play a space sim without a stick. You have two options: either get a USB stick (which are cheap enough now) or get a game-port-to-USB adapter, which will allow you to use your old stick in one of your USB ports.
 H0WARD
02-21-2005, 2:41 PM
ok, I think I'll just use the old computer until I get one of those USB things. I've played the game and it's pretty awesome. I just can't figure out how to dock in one of my Starships during sp skirmish for repairs and recharge... if that's even possible. In the mean time, I'll have to get that Mod and put it on a CD so I can transfer it to my other computer. Maybe I can even get a LAN cable and shoot my brother up :p thanks for the information Wildstar:biggs:
Page: 1 of 1