Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hey everyone, what is your favorite XWA Ships?

Page: 1 of 1
 Young Yoda
04-08-2000, 3:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I like to know, what is your favorite ships and why you like them?

My favorite ship is A-Wing, B-Wing,CORT Onata and TIE Defender.

Onata can take much beating but starfighter like T-Wing can't! A-Wing is fast. TIE Defender is very fast, make hard target. B-wing had 3 Ion cannon and 3 Laser cannon, and much warhead load.

So what your?

:-)
 Psycho Tycho
04-08-2000, 4:42 PM
My fav XWA ship is the A-Wing, Naboo fighter and the Tie-defender.

------------------
You don't need a license
to kill to save the world.
You just need a really
big gun.
--Duke Nukem
 garyah99
04-08-2000, 7:30 PM
Otana, X-Wing, A-Wing are my faves. No Naboo fighter in XWA (at least not originally).

------------------
God gave us one mouth and two ears; try to listen twice as much as you speak.
 Fel Crynyd
04-08-2000, 9:22 PM
This queation has been asked many a time but I will answer it.
A-wing=fast, fast, good warhead load, fast
Tie Defender=a faster A-wing (Whoa!) with a bigger glove
X-wing=Good fighter
B-wing=This thing can take out weak fighters with one blast
And Last the...
the Pinnok

just kidding!

------------------
Commander Fel Crynyd
XO of Hope Squadron
New Republic Marines
Wow, General, I never considered you the frontal assult type!
-Starcraft
 milkshake
04-08-2000, 10:23 PM
My Fav's are the B-wing and YT-2000 http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
Charlie "Milkshake" Mitchell
Black wind squadron/Rouge Aliiance
Black 4/Rouge 8
Self proclaimed RAL Drunkard
milkshake@milkshake.co.uk

I can drink 2 times as Much as any being three times my high! He He!
 K_Kinnison
04-08-2000, 11:33 PM
My favorite XWA ship is the X-wing.

My favorite NCA ship is the Z-int, lots of tricks and one shot..it goes away (but it has shields)
 Darth Massacator
04-09-2000, 4:01 AM
In order of preference:

1.) X-Wing, the mother of all dogfighters. To me, this ship can last a long battle or dogfight in the long run. You can dump everything to engines to intercept or evade, and the 4 lasers pack a serious punch.

2.) B-Wing, one helluva underestimated ship in a dogfight. Oh yeah, it can destroy really big things too, and really fast at doing so.

3.) A-Wing, when I'm in the mood for a quick dogfight, anything else I do it in, I truly suck. I have the toughest time racking in kills in a drawn-out battle. I can keep 'em alive, but my kills drop substantially unless I rely on all my missles.

[This message has been edited by Darth Massacator (edited April 09, 2000).]
 Ham Yoyo
04-09-2000, 6:04 AM
My favorite XWA ship is the A-wing and the X-wing. XWA and the XWCS rules!

------------------
My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships
 Cloud
04-09-2000, 11:23 PM
X-Wings are my favorite with the Millenium Falcon second...
 ME_Jeldren
04-10-2000, 8:12 AM
I mostly play online an I prefer.
T/F or T/I when the connection is good
Y-Wing or B-Wing when the connection is not so good.

The Type of craft depends on my opponents craft. T/Fs
against other Ties and lightly shielded ships like T-Wings
or Z-95 , the T/I against anything else.
I use the Y-Wing against most other craft exept when fighting
T/D,Toscan or other B-Wings.
 Fondas
04-10-2000, 8:18 AM
X-Wing cos it is SW
B-Wing when the going gets tough... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)
Squint(T/I) what a thrill !

------------------
The only place where success comes prior to work, is in a dictionary ! TZG+7
 z.davies
04-10-2000, 7:28 PM
I like my homemade a-wing hehe. when someone is following me I break (120 to 0 at notime), he passes me and I get him in the back hehe. but else I like T/A and X-wing

------------------
z|davies
 Primarch
04-10-2000, 8:40 PM
After careful consideration, I've decided on the following Reb ships:
1. B-Wing: Cap Ship Killer, pure and simple. Plus it can nearly dogfight as well as the X-Wing.
2. X-Wing: In my opinion its a jack of all, master of none, kind of ship, but I'd still take it over almost any other fighter.

For the Imp's I'd go with:
1. T/Defender: It may be overkill, but against AI it's nearly unbeatable.
2. T/Advanced: I still think it has lost something since XvT, but at least it has shields http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

Indy:
1. Otana: Turrets and speed.
2. Firespray: Damn fun to fly!!!

The ones I love to hate:
1. A-Wing
2. TIE
3. YT-1300

------------------
'If the enemy is in range, so are you...'

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions (http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html)
The Fanfiction Archives (http://phobos.spaceports.com/~archives/)
 DarkObi
04-11-2000, 12:40 PM
The X-Wing is the master of all ships. it works under nearly all conditions. the A-Wing is a close seconds with its speed and turning ability. the T/I is joint, although no shields make it a little behind the A-Wing. an there are some of the others like toscan that are pretty good.

------------------
Even the Light will hide from this Darkness.....
 Gold leader
04-11-2000, 1:22 PM
Mine is the SSD because it has more than average shielding.
 Raptor
04-13-2000, 10:53 PM
I'm a diehard X-Wing jock. Unless I've got very specific mission objectives or roles that I know beforehand, I'll go with the X-Wing almost every time. Short of TIE Defenders, I know I can easily handle anything that's thrown against me when I'm in an X-Wing. It dogfights well, does semi-heavy assault pretty well, and has good offensive and defensive abilities.

If the mission is pure assault (No dogfighting at all), I'll grab a B-Wing if I can. It'll even do moderately well in a dogfight, but its turning rate and laser spread patterns are less than ideal for me.

For pure recon or simple dogfighting, an A-Wing is pretty nice, though it lacks the offensive punch of 4 lasers to really make me happy. When fighting TIEs in an X-Wing I can pretty well count on one shot per kill with the quad linked lasers, which lets me wipe out massive amounts of Imps in very short order. The A-Wing still allows this with only 2 lasers, but it gets a bit tougher because you just don't have the coverage that the X-Wing provides. For pure recon though, the A-Wing is impossible to beat (In the Rebel inventory). Pump the shields to 200%, load up some chaff and then divert all lasers to engine and keep shields at maintenance level. The countermeasures and shields should hold well enough against the occasional hit you may take weaving in and out of Imperial convoys at high speed.

If I want to totally cheese out and be practically invincible, I'll go with a TIE Defender. It's a fun ship, but I have a hard time flying it without feeling like I'm cheating somehow. It's just way too good. If there's a downside to it, I haven't found it yet.

Of course, with the warhead modeling in XWA you can make a good ship out of almost anything. With a well placed protorp you can wipe out entire flights of TIEs with a single shot (giving me a best kill time of roughly 6 seconds for 12 TIEs). Or you can use an enemy's own warheads against him. I went head to head against an X-Wing online not too long ago and he repeatedly tried to nail me with torpedos in a head on pass. I just pumped laser fire into him as he fired, and the torps blew up as they left his launch tubes and blew him apart immediately. Maybe it's a cheesy kill, but I don't want to get hit with his torps. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

For playing 'space tank' (And I mean this in a good way) or assaulting semi-cap ships or stations, the Falcon or Otana is hard to beat. Set the turret for autofire, padlock view to the target and then just use the stick and rudders to dance around the incoming fire while sending a constant stream into your much larger target. Can't beat that for pure destructive pleasure. http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited April 13, 2000).]
 wedge_antil3
04-14-2000, 2:47 PM
My favorite ship is the MC-75 mon callamari star cruiser from the NCA patch after editing the shiplist to fly it!
i can take out anything accept a SSD with it!!!!

my second favorite is the dreadnaught after editing the shiplist.exe

all have to hit it the (F) button and all lasser turrets fire like on the falcon
 StarJumper
04-14-2000, 4:09 PM
My favorite ship is the A-Wing. Why? It's damn fast, damn manueverable, and because of those two attributes, I can stay alive a lot longer and fight more effectively than slower ships such as the Y-Wing and B-Wing. My second favorite is the X-Wing. Simply the most versatile ship in the fleet, it does everything from dogfighting to killing capital ships (if you give it enough time). The X-Wing is perfectly balanced for almost any kind of combat situation.

Which one do I HATE? The Y-Wing, without question. Just too slow for me. Granted, the CORTs are slow too, but at least they have gun turrets, which is a nice thing to have.

StarJumper
 ME_Jeldren
04-17-2000, 10:07 AM
I think X-Wings suck because they aren't good fighters and they aren't good
bombers. B-Wings are nearly as fast and manuverable and have more than
twice the firepower and durability. Even Y-Wings are better because they
are good bombers and not so bad fighters because a good pilot can disable an
entire AI formation in a few seconds. A-Wings are fast and manuverable and have
more warheads than X-Wing. They can escape where the other rebel crafts will
be slaughtered.
 Jugalator
04-18-2000, 11:31 AM
It's sometimes fun to fly the TIE fighter too. Make you feel vulnerable, that's for sure! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

The T/I isn't bad either...

------------------
"Always two there are. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice. - Yoda"
Jugalator, xwainfo.cjb.net (http://xwainfo.cjb.net)
 Thrawn
04-19-2000, 2:57 AM
XWA ship:X-wing: most balanced fighter, made to last
NCA ship:Mod X-wing: makes the X-wing even better!

------------------
"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn
Rogue 6
Page: 1 of 1