Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

making a server error (VM Failure) - JA

Page: 1 of 1
 Linxx
11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Every time i try to make a server, it says vm failure. does any one know why. if so please help. and if its not to much trouble include the steps to making one. i think im doing it right but im not sure.

Thank you, Linxx
 razorace
11-24-2004, 3:09 PM
Please give the exact error message it gives you
 Linxx
11-24-2004, 7:04 PM
this is what the error message says:

47640 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/jampgame.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on game failed

thanks,
linxx
 razorace
11-24-2004, 7:27 PM
it means it can't load the game's dlls. It probably means that your install is corrupted. Which system are you trying to run this on?
 Linxx
11-25-2004, 6:22 PM
I have a 3ghz, intell cellaron d, and 512 mb ram, I just bought computer. I've installed 3 times. I can play the game, i just cant make a server, for some reason. I am playing on the 1.0 version, if that makes a differents.

I appriciate the help, Linxx
 razorace
11-25-2004, 6:28 PM
try patching to 1.01
 Linxx
11-25-2004, 7:04 PM
I bought the v1.01 it sux, a waist of $30. There are way to many people for u to make freinds. I had to download the old version. So thanks anyways. I really do appriciate it.

Linxx,

P.S. if u would, could you give me the steps to making a server. just to make sure im doing it right
 Rumor
11-25-2004, 8:32 PM
Uh, do you even have a clue as to what the patch does?

Also, it would make it tremendously easier for us to help you if you would spend a little more time spelling out your words (i apologize if english is not your first language).
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-26-2004, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by Linxx
I bought the v1.01 it sux, a waist of $30. There are way to many people for u to make freinds. I had to download the old version. So thanks anyways. I really do appriciate it.

Linxx,

P.S. if u would, could you give me the steps to making a server. just to make sure im doing it right

The patch is a free download (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=235), so why did you pay $30?

Look here (http://forums.escapedturkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=623) for instructions how to set up a server from home.

Get more information in the Dedicated Server Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=334)
 yojoe
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
okay hai..

i have exactly the same problem as linxx

i start a dedicated server and it opens the console saying loads of stuff... go back into JA and create server 'dedicated: No' this time.. and it opens a second console.. at the end of which is says
----------------------
47456 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/jampgame.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on game failed

so i havent got a clue what to do next!
any ideas? i dont want to update to 1.01 because i have friends in 1.00..
so what next..

this my CPU
CPU: Intel Pentium IV @ 20522 MHz

and another thing it cant do is

23728 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
execing jampconfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium IV
 razorace
03-26-2006, 5:22 PM
mmm, I'm not sure why your server is trying to load .qvms instead of the .so files. .qvm files haven't been used since JKO.
 acdcfanbill
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
this my CPU
CPU: Intel Pentium IV @ 20522 MHzholy crap, what kind of cooling do you have to overclock to 20 GHz :o

:p
 yojoe
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
holy crap, what kind of cooling do you have to overclock to 20 GHz :o

:p

lol and that means?... iguess its a bad thing tho.. just air holes :(..
Page: 1 of 1