Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mandalorian NPC-player side

Page: 1 of 1
 Bizzaro
11-13-2004, 3:45 PM
I have attempted to edit Boba Fett's NPC file with no results.
He is the only class (CLASS_BOBAFETT) that has the Mandalorian behavior (flamethrower, jetpack, etc.)

So I change the line 'player team' from enemy to player and vice versa for the enemy team. It changes nothing, he still fires at you and everyone else.
And if he is spawned as an enemy he doesn't die, even if I put his health at 100.
The CLASS_BOBAFETT line seems to be the key to all of this.
Is there anyway around this?
 TK-8252
11-13-2004, 4:10 PM
Originally posted by Bizzaro
Is there anyway around this?

No.

The Boba Fett class has all of its behavioral settings set in the class itself, so you can't change it in the .npc file.
 Bizzaro
11-13-2004, 5:06 PM
Is there anyway to edit the class?
Or is this an SP code thing where Ravensoft should (please)release the code since they are through with the Quake 3 engine.
 TK-8252
11-13-2004, 5:08 PM
The single player source code has not and will not be released. It's possible that with some multiplayer mods like OJP, the NPC classes could be modified to be more flexible. But not single player, sorry.
 Bizzaro
11-13-2004, 6:19 PM
Oh well...thanks anyways.:D

I was hoping JA would be more 'mod friendly' as far as editing class. I really would liked to have used Mandalorian class fighters.
Thanks again!
 razorace
11-13-2004, 7:06 PM
Well, actually, I'm working on a CoOp mod so we can get the SP maps to act like the SP game while running the MP engine/code.

As for the Boba NPC class, it's hardcoded to attack players as far as I know.
 Bizzaro
11-13-2004, 9:15 PM
:( So once again the Mandalorians get a backseat in the SW universe. I would think by now the people at Lucasarts would realize the popularity of the Mandalorian class warrior and utilize the wide range of gaming options they bring to the table.
But hey...

The coop mod sounds like a great project. I have an idea beyond my capabilities. An SP map like you suggest run on a server much like seige gameplay. Where players on a single team would navigate the map and fight bots with an AI like in SP. This may be what you are trying already but I'm sure your hands are tied in coding the mod towards SP type play.

I like the coop options of the past. Sounds like great stuff!:cool:
Page: 1 of 1