Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disable enemy AI?

Page: 1 of 1
 The Saxman
11-11-2004, 5:47 PM
Hi,

I need to know if it's possible to use a cheat or download a mod that will disable enemy AI (single player). In Jedi Knight 1, the code was "whiteflag", in Mystries of the Sith it was"statuesque". Is there a console command for this in Academy? If not is there a mod that will do this?

"This is my most desperate hour; Help me, academy players, your my only hope!" - Princess Leia (or something like that)

Thanks,
The Saxman
 razorace
11-11-2004, 5:50 PM
try "/notarget".
 The Saxman
11-11-2004, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by razorace
try "/notarget".

How would I enter that, and how does it work? Do I have to enable cheats first?
 Nokill
11-11-2004, 8:34 PM
yes you need cheats for that
 The Saxman
11-12-2004, 7:41 AM
I don't own academy yet, I'll be getting it in a few weeks though. The reason I'm asking, is because the "authorities" here, don't like games that are shoot-em-up-blast-em-dead. Therefore, if I'm going to be allowed to get the game I have to know how to remove the fighting aspect of it (course I can always "forget" to type it in, but I have to know what it is anyway. hehe)

Are the cheats for Academy the same as for Outcast? I've played Outcast at a friends house before. To enable cheats I had to type:

SHIFT-` (to bring up the console)
helpusobi 1 (enables cheats)

then for academy would the next thing be

\notarget

?

Thanks,
The Saxman
 Alegis
11-12-2004, 9:49 AM
That is correct. Enter again to disable. Or bind a button to it

/bind x "notarget"

x button of choice

"" not necessary, but get used to it if you often use commands with spaces in.
 Agen
11-12-2004, 12:38 PM
They're right yep.
I'm more interested in the place you live, where you can't play shoot 'em ups? :confused:
 TK-8252
11-12-2004, 1:17 PM
Actually putting a / in single player won't work. Multiplayer needs a slash, but not single player.
 The Saxman
11-12-2004, 5:24 PM
THANKS!!!

That's exactly what I needed to know!

Accolades upon the Academy community!
The Saxman
 Amidala from Chop Shop
11-12-2004, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by The Saxman
... The reason I'm asking, is because the "authorities" here, don't like games that are shoot-em-up-blast-em-dead...

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
They're right yep.
I'm more interested in the place you live, where you can't play shoot 'em ups? :confused:

While he is probably talking about his parents, he could also be talking about 99% of Jedi Academy servers, where the "authorities" (admins) don't like anyone playing "shoot-em-up-blast-them-dead" games.

Just load the multiplayer game and show your parents any "honor" or "RPG" server. When they see that there is not one gun in sight, and that everyone seems to be just standing around, doing nothing or chatting, or maybe seeing how many rancors and wampas they can spawn on top of each other, all of their concerns will be gone.
 DruggedSith
11-20-2004, 7:19 AM
lol...its funny but true.
 acdcfanbill
11-20-2004, 8:24 AM
they they will ask 'why do you have this if no one does anything in it?'
 DruggedSith
11-20-2004, 8:46 AM
Tell them its the new AOL instant messenger.
Have your parents by you some Slayer CD's and then
they will let you do what you want.
 Durocha
11-22-2004, 7:18 AM
By the who, "d_npcfreeze 1" will disable the AI for everything, so there will be no activity at all. This is also useful if you want to set up huge-ass battles and make sure no one pulls a Boston Massacre.

And of course, replace 1 with a 0 to turn things back to normal.

PS: It could be "d_freezenpc 1", but I'm pretty sure I got it right the first time.

(Edit: Typos galore...)
 Darth Kaan
11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
AOLJAFFA.

LOL!
Page: 1 of 1