Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Missle Boat

Page: 1 of 1
 Kenneth
04-19-2000, 12:12 AM
Hello everyone, I was wondering is it possible to engage the SLAMS for the missle boat in Quick Skirmish Mode.
 Young Yoda
04-19-2000, 12:39 AM
Ah Kenneth.

Bad news, when I flew missleboat, but there is no SLAMS in XWA. I try every keys to engage the SLAMS. DARNS. I am not sure about all version of this game.

However, I love to flew it. It have lot of warheads load!

I gotta go!

May be force with you! http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
 Thrawn
04-19-2000, 2:32 AM
There are no SLAMS for the missile boat, nor has anyone found a way to include them.

------------------
"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"
ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn
Rogue 6
 Forceflow
04-20-2000, 1:12 PM
I am not 100% sure, but I THINK the SLAM setting is still somewhere in XWA, but LA hasn't used it in XWA. (Some say because they didn't had any buttons left...)

Somebody meantioned working on that, though I can't remember who, I'll try to find out more...

------------------
A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a true master possesses it!
swguide.cjb.net (http://swguide.cjb.net)
The home of a Jedi Master's knowledge!
 K_Kinnison
04-20-2000, 3:03 PM
I think we had this discussion before in SWSSG update, the prob is hat i think TG couldn't finish that part, and left the comamnd unassigned. It is probly some where hidden in the .Dat or EXE where we cannot find it.

Suffice it to say, there are no SLAM systems in XWA, which is a real bummer, b/c that is what made the MIS so good
 Scoundrel67
04-21-2000, 2:55 AM
That's another issue I should've brought up in my letter to Lawrence Holland, but he hasn't seen fiit to respond. Hopefully, someone finds a way to enable the SLAM. That burst of speed is a very useful tactical option and I miss it in XWA.
 Forceflow
04-21-2000, 8:44 AM
Well, you can't really expect LA to respond to the letters you write them. Think about it, millions of people write LA and they can not possibly answer all of those.

There are lot's of problems with legal issuse and stuff whcih prevents them to react to letters.
They should however make a place were one can send in things like bug reports and stuff, and a Forum on the LA site would be nice, too. There the LA guys could kinda sift through the stuff and see were the people focus on. (Kind of like Volition does...)

------------------
A Jedi seeks for knowledge, a true master possesses it!
swguide.cjb.net (http://swguide.cjb.net)
The home of a Jedi Master's knowledge!
 Young Yoda
04-21-2000, 4:03 PM
I see.

oh well, I got that. oh any way. But I love to flew TIE Defender! Now if lucasart add SLAM to xwa but I understand is no button left.

May be force with you!
Page: 1 of 1