Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kerry's concession

Page: 1 of 3
 Kurgan
11-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Well? Did you guys hear it?

What did you think?

Obviously a lot of dissappointed people out there tonight. Just like 4 years ago it was a very close race. I'd love to see the actual numbers once all the counting is done, but Kerry admitted that even with all the provisional ballots they still wouldn't have enough to beat Bush in Ohio and win the election.

I voted for Nader, but I figured I'd be the first one to post about it... so go ahead and discuss!
 Hiroki
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I am glad to hear that the portion of the American people voted for who they knew in there hearts would be the right man for the job, and where not fooled by the lies of the heavily liberal influenced media.

I was cracking up as I looked at the faces of those jerks on CNN and MSNBC. Too funny. :)

But in the end, Kerry did the right thing, and showed far more tact, intelligence, and dignity as a candidate and a person than Gore. If it came between a choice between Gore and Kerry, I would go with Kerry without a doubt.

I enjoyed his speech, and I do agree about unifying America. I know Bush will do his best to make this happen. A good day for America, perhaps we still have a chance.
 Vagabond
11-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Good one Hiroki. So instead of us having an intelligent, tactful, and dignified president, we're stuck with that arrogant little dummy, W, for four more years :rolleyes:
 Kain
11-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Hiroki
I am glad to hear that the portion of the American people voted for who they knew in there hearts would be the right man for the job, and where not fooled by the lies of the heavily liberal influenced media.

Man, you must have missed the past...oh I dunno, 500 Political debates - so I'll educate you.

1. The Media is FAR from Liberal.
2. If anything, the Media was on Bush's nuts throughout the ENTIRE campaign.
3. Most of the people in the United States are complete idiots who need to jump OFF the bandwagon and start thinking for themselves.
4. I voted for Kerry. Tell me, Hiroki - did I not follow my instinct? Or do I have to be a Bush supporter to even be considered intellegent?

The irony of all this is, of course, that Bush supporters claim to be intellegent yet follow Curious George straight to the Gates of Hell.
 Kurgan
11-03-2004, 12:35 PM
As Kerry said tonight, "Let the healing begin..."
 Hiroki
11-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Vagabound

1: Bush is not stupid for the last time, yes he gets nervous, and he sometimes can not form his words properly, and even makes some rather comical mistakes, but he is no fool.

2: He isn't arrogant, do you have any justification for that, or are you just saying it for the hell?

Kain

1: Really, is that so? Is that why those morons at CNN and MSNBC where practically on the verge of crying there eyes out when Bush won? C-SPAN is alright, Fox News is a little on the conservative side I admit, but still far more unbiased than CNN or MSNBC. I don't watch ABC news, so I'm not sure.

2: Unless you mean stepping on them, you are wrong. All I ever saw, with the exception of C-SPAN and Fox News, where the anchors and the hosts of there regular political debate programs bashing Bush every second they could. They would find any speck of dirt on him, and play it up to the fullest. Sounds Democrat to me.

3: And you, carelessly presume to judge over 58 million Americans as idiots, who can not think for themselves. I guess you consider a man of the people somebody who constantly changes his opinions and stances depending on which crowd's ass he is licking at the time, as apposed to a man who is strong in his beliefs and who you know you can count on. We didn't even really know what we where going to get with Kerry, makes me wonder if he even had a real plan.

4: And where did I say not voting for Bush made you dumb? I even said I thought Kerry showed tact and INTELLIGENCE. Read my post better. There are sadly, many intelligent people following Kerry. There are many intelligent people following Bush. And there are plenty of idiots to go around on both sides. ;)

I'm sure you did follow your 'instincts', but no doubt your opinions where influenced by what you heard from the media, hell, from what you might have heard from many here.

And we do not blindly follow him, but we do believe in him. Do you believe in Kerry? How can you? You don't even know what HE believes.
 Kain
11-03-2004, 12:59 PM
I don't get influenced by a media I don't watch - kinda impossible after all. I have a former teacher/friend of mine who is in the Army who is pro-Kerry and I have a co-worker who is pro-Bush. Those 2, not to mention my attention to the debates here and Bush's track record are what made me vote the way I did.

Personally, I think that they're both complete idiots who need to be beaten senseless and imprisoned in a padded room for the rest of their days, but I'd say I picked the smarter of the 2.
 Hiroki
11-03-2004, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Personally, I think that they're both complete idiots who need to be beaten senseless and imprisoned in a padded room for the rest of their days, but I'd say I picked the smarter of the 2.

I don't think any of us can deny that we have had far more brilliant candidates in our life time. ;)
 Kurgan
11-03-2004, 5:36 PM
Quick correction. Someplace I stated that the voter turnout was higher this year than in 2000. I was wrong. It was actually slightly higher 4 years ago.
 RoxStar
11-03-2004, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan

I voted for Nader, but I figured I'd be the first one to post about it... so go ahead and discuss!

What state do you live in:mad:

I saw the speech. It was pretty good. Edwards got a tad carried away with the whole Iraq thing though. And people were clapping a lot.
 TheOutrider
11-03-2004, 6:40 PM
I forgot which state was in but Bush said "How hard it was to put food on the family"

And I can't believe Kerry lost. now were stuck with an oversized monkey for 4 more years, might as well hide from the draft NOW!

Hiroki, Bush's favorite book is the Very Hungry Caterpillar, that tells you how smart he is right:rolleyes:
 wassup
11-03-2004, 7:08 PM
I appaud Senator Kerry for his concession, and for a hard fought campaign, even if he angered some of his supporters. Unlike in 2000 with Al Gore, Kerry had no vote miscount to challenge against in the Supreme Court. It was a wise decision on Kerry's part not to further divide and put the country into a turmoil similiar to the 2000 incident known as "Florida." GG. :)
 ronbrothers
11-03-2004, 7:09 PM
While I disagree with Kerry on so many issues and supported Bush, I grew to admire Kerry's campaigning and debating skills. He fought a good fight and made President Bush work for his votes. I think it makes him a better man than Gore to recognise when it's time to concede and move on. Kerry has my admiration and thanks for his professionalism.
 Darth333
11-03-2004, 7:14 PM
I am not American but I live just up North and the result of the American elections always have an direct influence here.

I think Kerry did the right thing. He has shown that he knows when to pull out. But I am extremely deceived by the result of the elections. I think that Bush's re-election is the worst that could happen for world safety and stability. He rreally gives me the impression that he never opened a history book.

Kerry did a good speech and the part about unifying America was important. However, I hope Bush won't continue to act as if he was the Master of the Universe and also consider that he has to rebuilt international relations and credibility too.
 Kain
11-03-2004, 7:20 PM
For everyone's info: The Republican party tried collecting Toledo's votes before the State Office could, which is a HUGE no-no. Hm...

Toledo, Ohio.
 kipperthefrog
11-03-2004, 8:00 PM
I DESPERATLY wish KERRY had won! It pains me to see the oil billionaire win through the propaganda from the news! people beleive what they see on the news!

The public don't get to see THIS!

-CLICKY- (http://www.mykeru.com/assets/media/flash/bush_finger.html)

The man has NO DIGNITY! ...as you see here!

he's just out to kill for oil profits to make the oil companies more money!

people don't KNOW that becuase the news just show our army and the iraqis tearing down the Saddam statue! the didn't show them leaving a weopons area unguarded to protect an oil field! the news decieved the public! the public lets the media form their opinions! people are being brainwashed!

read my new signature!

how do we KNOW if WE are REALY the "good guys"???
 Hiroki
11-03-2004, 8:21 PM
Oh no! He gave the finger, because none of us have ever done that before. :D
 TheOutrider
11-03-2004, 8:27 PM
Heres (http://www.geocities.com/sandcat2000/bushy.jpg) everybodys favorite little oversized monkey:D
 Kain
11-03-2004, 8:28 PM
Republicans tried stealing ballots from Detroit, Ann Arbour, and Toledo. I was gonna say Bush didn't steal this one, but he sure as hell did try.
 Hiroki
11-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Ohh, interesting, but could you provide some sort of link? I missed that.
 El Sitherino
11-04-2004, 2:36 AM
I'm by no means a Bush supporter, but what the hell does Bush giving the finger off air have to do with anything?

Let's just hope he tries to do good this time, he won't, but we can hope. x_x
 kipperthefrog
11-04-2004, 4:39 AM
originally posted by InsaneSith

I'm by no means a Bush supporter, but what the hell does Bush giving the finger off air have to do with anything?

it shows what kind of person he is! cute aint he?

I'm also deeply concerned about the declining wages and rising prices!

If this continues, people will only be able to afford food and shelter.The game companies (and other companies ) go out of buisness, then more people are out of work! That will be less people buying stuff, then there are less sales, and more people are out of work!

Some day the rich will have EVERYTHING and the poor will grow food for THEM for a dollar an hour! "and if you don't like it, go somewhere else!"

we'll all be slaves to the rich with "one grain of rice for a day's wages"!
 Druid Bremen
11-04-2004, 4:44 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith

Let's just hope he tries to do good this time, he won't, but we can hope. x_x

Do good for the stupid money-sucking companies in America? Perhaps. Do good for Iraqis by siphoning off their most precious resource - black gold? Don't bet on it; the odds are one to infinity.
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 5:25 AM
Originally posted by Hiroki ...Bush...isn't arrogant, do you have any justification for that, or are you just saying it for the hell?...Hmmm, let me thing really, really hard. I know! How about him giving the camera a one-fingered victory salute?

That's certainly neither tactful nor dignified. It also illustrates his level of intellect. It's heart-warming to know that the leader of the free world is so crude and unrefined. Gosh, it's hard to imagine why he has zero diplomatic skills :rolleyes:
 ronbrothers
11-04-2004, 7:40 AM
Originally posted by Kain
Republicans tried stealing ballots from Detroit, Ann Arbour, and Toledo. I was gonna say Bush didn't steal this one, but he sure as hell did try.

Could you link to your source? I tried to find an article on your post about Toledo votes, and could not find anything.
 toms
11-04-2004, 7:43 AM
i'm not sure why all the congratulation... what did you expect him to do? rant or call bush an idiot (which he probably is)....
I don't think there has EVER been a concession speech that wasn't gracious... whether they really meant it or not.

On a slightly different note, what do you guys think about unifying the nation?
Both bush and kerry referenced unifying the nation in their speeches, and you would have to admit that the nation is as divided as it has been for years. Republican states voted more republican than last time, democrat states voted more democrat, and swing states were about as evenly divided as before.

Not only that, but half the nation seems to be voting on the basis of religion or personal morals, the other on the basis of the economy and politics.

Do you think bush CAN unite the nation at all?
Do you think he should, or does the fact he won mean he has a mandate to be even more hardline republican (as cheny obviously wants?)
Could Kerry have done any better?
Are you worried that (apart from about 2 issues, and a few minor differences of emphasis) you have two parties and candidates that are pretty much identical (even in the same secret club at the same university), yet the nation seems split?

Any thoughts....
 ronbrothers
11-04-2004, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
it shows what kind of person he is! cute aint he?

I don't get it. How many of us have never seen or used the finger?
 Spider AL
11-04-2004, 7:51 AM
I don't get it. How many of us have never seen or used the finger?Many of us should NOT be elected to the office of President of the US.

See, this is the difference between some of us and some of us. Some of us believe we should elect an exemplar to leadership status, someone who is BETTER than us, who can do everything that leadership entails better than we can, someone who can make the right decisions based on logic and reason and maturity.

Apparently though, the majority of Americans want to be led by someone who is exactly the same as they are. :p
 ronbrothers
11-04-2004, 7:52 AM
Originally posted by toms
i'm not sure why all the congratulation... what did you expect him to do? rant or call bush an idiot (which he probably is)....
I don't think there has EVER been a concession speech that wasn't gracious... whether they really meant it or not.

He out classed Al Gore, Jr. Gore was bitter and still is. I blame the division on him. Why? Because he as a candidate for president was in a leadership position. Bush and Kerry may never agree on ideals, but their speeches at least set the tone that it is time to bring the two sides back together.

Ultimately, we are all Americans. As a Conservative, I don't believe Liberals love their children or spouses any less. I believe they want to provide for their families. Put clothes on their backs, food on the table and a roof over their heads. We want to protect our families and better ourselves. We simply disagree, sometimes emphatically, on how to get there.
 ronbrothers
11-04-2004, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Many of us should NOT be elected to the office of President of the US.

See, this is the difference between some of us and some of us. Some of us believe we should elect an exemplar to leadership status, someone who is BETTER than us, who can do everything that leadership entails better than we can, someone who can make the right decisions based on logic and reason and maturity.

Apparently though, the majority of Americans want to be led by someone who is exactly the same as they are. :p

I agree completely! There is no place in this country for elites. Now whether or not some of us would be qualified to be in a leadership position is another story.
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 7:59 AM
Originally posted by ronbrothers
I don't get it. How many of us have never seen or used the finger?

First of all, most of us are not The President of the United States of America - I expect better judgment from the president.

Second of all, for someone who claims to be a born again Christian, he sure doesn't seem very "moral" to me. I give people the finger all the time, but I also don't go around representing the religious right. As W would say, this is known as, hy-poc-ri-sy.
 Kurgan
11-04-2004, 8:00 AM
It's not that, it's just that public figures are expected to carry themselves with more dignity and diplomacy.

That's why you get videos of politicans picking their noses or throwing punches at protesters, or swearing and it's big news. These guys are on camera all the time and they're not some rockstar, they're supposed to be representing us to the world, and most of them come from wealthy, supposedly refined backgrounds (then again they can also come from the spoiled rich).
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 8:05 AM
I agree completely! There is no place in this country for elites. Now whether or not some of us would be qualified to be in a leadership position is another story.

Um, I don't think that's what he was saying. What I got from his message is this:

Most of us don't want to elect some "regular guy" to office - someone like the guy next door. We want to elect someome much smarter than we are, who has the capacity to make the correct choices, so that we can focus on living our lives. If such a person is described as "elite", then so be it.

It's not different than a hiring manager. Given two candidates for a position you're trying to fill, do you hire the guy with the exemplary GPA and IQ, or do you hire the average guy with a GPA and IQ just like yours? I know I'd want the best qualified guy working for my company. Electing a president is no different. However, it would seem that a majority of the people in this country would be poor hiring managers.
 Kurgan
11-04-2004, 8:09 AM

That's an interesting question.

So is Bush flipping the bird a good thing, because he's a "man of the people" or is it a bad thing because he's "not acting the part (of a gentleman leader & role model)"?

I tend to side with the latter, since it's not just his public that sees what his does, but the whole world (especially the case with the US president).
 Spider AL
11-04-2004, 8:13 AM
Um, I don't think that's what he was saying.Damn right Vagabond, that certainly wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying was perfectly clear, and YOU got it, but I shouldn't be surprised that certain elements did not.

What I was saying was this:

You should elect someone better than yourself. You should elect the BEST.

Instead, the majority of Americans chose to elect someone who they thought was just like them. And in essence, is EXACTLY like them. Woe unto the world.
 stingerhs
11-04-2004, 8:29 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond
First of all, most of us are not The President of the United States of America - I expect better judgment from the president.

Second of all, for someone who claims to be a born again Christian, he sure doesn't seem very "moral" to me. I give people the finger all the time, but I also don't go around representing the religious right. As W would say, this is known as, hy-poc-ri-sy.
ok, so as a christain, i am no longer human and make mistakes???

oh, no, wait, you view all christians as these "infallible saints", right??? or is it just that you think that bush giving the finger makes him any less of this view you have of christians???

i make mistakes and sin all the time, but it does NOT disqualify me from being a christain, and the same applies to the president. and it does not make us hypocrites.
 ET Warrior
11-04-2004, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
ok, so as a christain, i am no longer human and make mistakes???

That's not what he's saying atall. What he is saying is that not ONLY is George Bush the leader of America, he's also trying to present himself as a very moral and religious leader-esque fellow.

Would you respect when your pastor told you to live thy nabor if you saw him giving his neighbor the finger the day before?
 stingerhs
11-04-2004, 8:46 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Would you respect when your pastor told you to live thy nabor if you saw him giving his neighbor the finger the day before?
ahh, the age old what-if. very well. to be honest, i would be quite shocked because it is extremely hard for me to even imagine him doing such a thing. however, that would not make me feel any less of him. as i stated earlier, all christians are still human. we all make mistakes, so it does not make us any less of christians, nor disqualify us from being anything. it may disqualify me in your eyes by cussing you out right now, but it still wouldn't disqualify me in God's eyes.
 ET Warrior
11-04-2004, 8:50 AM
So you wouldn't find it hypocritical for your pastor to flip off his neighbor and then tell YOU to love your neighbor?

Yours and my definition of hypocracy must be out of synch.
 Kurgan
11-04-2004, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by Dave Grohl
What state do you live in:mad:

I saw the speech. It was pretty good. Edwards got a tad carried away with the whole Iraq thing though. And people were clapping a lot.

Iowa.
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
...ok, so as a christain, i am no longer human and make mistakes...

Sure you can make mistakes. Are you Human? Hmmm...

Anyway, the point is:

1. As was already pointed out to you, he goes around courting the religious right, claiming to be so moral, and then he makes a very conscious choice to flip off the camera. This isn't him stubbing his toe, and making an involuntary exclamation, of which I would be more forgiving. No, he decided to flip off the camera and then did it. This demonstrates that neither is he moral, but that he willingly chose to behave in an immoral way. This was no mistake - it was a conscious choice.

2. As President of the United States, he is expected to demonstrate a level professionalism and diplomacy appropriate to such a visible and important position. Instead, he's shown that he doesn't have the common sense to understand that, unless he is behind his bedroom door with his wife, he is always on the job and in the public eye. He's just such a superb choice in every aspect of the word :rolleyes:
 toms
11-04-2004, 9:49 AM
it has long been a documented fact that people in europe like to elect people they feel are smarter than them, but people in the US like to elect people they feel are "average joes".

Not sure which is the best approach really, but i'd tend towards the smarter ones myself. In general i feel that politicians should be regular people who understand and represent the people, but when they are all a political elite, i don't see the point in picking the more stupid of the two political elite just because tehy seem more average.

Its odd that they are both rich, both nothing like the average joe, both went to the same uni (though one got in on merit, one on donations), were even both members of the same society at uni...
but somehow bush managed to convince blue collar america that he was one of them... and that kerry spoke french (which appears to have been a sign of weakness :D )
 Hiroki
11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
You guys are making far too big of a deal out of this. You'll find any reason to bash the man. If Clinton did it, nobody would say a word. :rolleyes:

Honestly, he didn't know he was on camera, and was joking around with the people there. If he did this in public, then it would be bad, but otherwise.
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 12:15 PM
You guys are making far too big of a deal out of this. You'll find any reason to bash the man. If Clinton did it, nobody would say a word. :rolleyes:

Honestly, he didn't know he was on camera, and was joking around with the people there. If he did this in public, then it would be bad, but otherwise.

Ya, sure. I bet The Pope flips people off behind closed doors too :rolleyes:
 Hiroki
11-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Well, he never said he was a saint. ;) Honestly, there is a difference in being moral, and being "holy". I doubt the Pope can even flip somebody off INSIDE his own bedroom. Which considering he is the Pope, is proper.

Bush is just a man, however. He is the president, but he is not the friggen Pope still. Comparing them is absurd. The president is much like a good hearted business man. He presents a good clean always proper image to the public, and over all, is a good person. But sure, when he thinks he isn't in the public eye, he might be frustrated and do things we all have done before.
 Spider AL
11-04-2004, 1:09 PM
Listen to yourself Hiroki, you're equating the president of the United States to an "average joe".

The president has MORE POWER than the pope. Well, his advisors do. It is in the nature of leaders that they should observe a higher standard of behaviour than those they lead, because they must lead by example to their own people, and they must make a good impression on the world. And the president of the US is arguably the most powerful leader on the planet.

And remembering all this, to whom have you given the greatest power in the world?

You haven't elected a great strategist, a great thinker, a great orator, a great humanitarian, no, you've elected a man who flips off the camera when it's not turned on. You've elected a fundamentalist. You've elected a neo-conservative mouthpiece. You've elected the goofy rich kid whose parents are friendly with the school board.

It's beyond me, it really is.
 Vagabond
11-04-2004, 1:35 PM
I hear you, Spider AL. I'm just baffled at how people could give this guy another 4 years in office. Aside from Afghanistan, I can't list one other thing that I agree with that he did. Not one.

My only guess is that Republicans keep intentionally underfunding education to dumb down the electorate, so that the voters won't be smart enough to see that the emperor has no clothes. Other than that, Bush's reelection is just exasperatingly illogical.

And today he says something along the lines of, "We need to start the healing process and unite the country", and then in the same breath he says, "This election [51%-48%] has given me a mandate with political capital, and I intend to spend that capital. To do that, I'm going to need everyone's support."

Translation: "Now that we Republicans control the congress by a bigger majority, and I'm in the White House, everyone needs to change their positions to be closer to what we Republicans believe, because we're going to do whatever we want anyway. You're either with us or against us."

I'll say it again, W is an arrogant little dummy, and I can't stand him.
 Hiroki
11-04-2004, 2:04 PM
You know, I hate you two. Geez. Let me go over this once again.

Just because he has "more power" doesn't mean he has to be perfect. So he flipped off a camera that was not running. Who cares? It doesn't show he is a bad leader. If he flipped it off in front of America when it was running, it would've have shown he had poor taste, and probably was unfit to lead.

You liberals wanted Clinton to remain in even after he broke his marital vows several times, but Bush flips off an inactive camera and DAMN, we better get him out of there. Grow up.

Don't judge a man on something so trivial. Your bias nature seeps through your every word.
 Spider AL
11-04-2004, 2:15 PM
You know, I hate you two.Really? Well I hate anyone who allows themself to be yanked around by a neo-conservative puppeteer.

Just because he has "more power" doesn't mean he has to be perfect.WHAT? The job with the most power should be given to the best person! Not joe schmo, the guy you'd get on with in your local bar! Don't you think people should exhibit desirable traits before they're given a position of responsibility? Or are you suspicious of anyone who exhibits sophistication?

You liberals wanted Clinton to remain in even after he broke his marital vows several times,Who the hell are you calling a liberal? And who said anything about Clinton? People liked Clinton because he was good for the American economy and worked tirelessly for world peace, in the middle east, in northern ireland where he made big changes. But as soon as he was caught lying to his PEOPLE, he should have been SACKED. Now Bush and his government have been caught lying, you people have given him MORE power, MORE of a mandate.

Who cares? It doesn't show he is a bad leader. If he flipped it off in front of America when it was running, it would've have shown he had poor taste, and probably was unfit to lead. It shows that he's a bit of a twit. He's about to speak on serious issues to his nation, he has a responsibility to care. What does he do? Does he compose himself and review his speech? Does he check details with his aides? No. He flips off the camera and gurns as he chuckles. That's not a leader, it's a twit. I wouldn't give such a twit a job as a NEWS READER.
 SkinWalker
11-04-2004, 2:28 PM
Just because he has "more power" doesn't mean he has to be perfect.

But he should strive for it a bit more than the average joe. Indeed, he should attempt to be a paragon of virtue.

So he flipped off a camera that was not running. Who cares? It doesn't show he is a bad leader.

Apparently it was running. Wouldn't his lack of attention to details such as this bring into question his qualifications? Or maybe he just didn't care. Playing around is okay, but I'd question his "victory salute" comment that was associated with it. Was he saluting the American public?

If he flipped it off in front of America when it was running, it would've have shown he had poor taste, and probably was unfit to lead.

Then you're in agreement with Spider and Vagabond?

You liberals wanted Clinton to remain in even after he broke his marital vows several times, but Bush flips off an inactive camera and DAMN, we better get him out of there. Grow up.

No, half the American public wants Bush out of office because he violated their trust by deceiving them into believing that Saddam was the equivalent of Al Qaeda, then invaded Iraq rather than capture/kill Bin Laden.

Personally, his jocular finger-flip actually increased my regard for the guy. I recognize that he's only playing around and that there's a "good" side Bush.

Don't judge a man on something so trivial. Your bias nature seeps through your every word.

Its good that there's no bias in your own words then.

One thing this election has proven is that there is a little over half of the American public that is influenced by superstition and belief rather than logic and reason. This is why we have a workforce that is technically and scientifically deficient and why high school kids in the U.S. place below the rest of the Western (and much of the Eastern) world in Science. The general ignorance of the American populace will lead to its downfall if not checked. The European Union will surpass us as the world leader, as may Japan and even China.

I can only hope that Bush doesn't screw it up for the next Republican who might actually be worth voting for. But by then, all the followers that currently refuse to consider that they might actually be misled (or vote only because they think a single person can influence grandiose issues like abortion or gay marriage) will be burnt by the mismanagement of the nation and the ever increasing death toll on our sons, brothers and fathers in Iraq as well as the fact that Bush & co. have to date failed to deliver on their claim to "make America safer" from terrorism. If anything, its more dangerous. AssWipes like Bin Laden need idiots like Bush to encourage increased membership in their terrorist organizations.

To all those pundits of Bush... his followers... be careful what you wish for.
Page: 1 of 3