Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Imperial Officer

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-8252
11-01-2004, 7:02 PM
So... who's your favorite mastermind of the Imperial military? I've put the most well-known officers on the poll, but don't hesitate to post if your favorite officer is not listed. I've kept EU stuff off the poll (no Grand Admirals for you :p ) because this is the Trilogy!

Mine has to be the ill-fated detention block supervisor, Lieutenant Shann Childsen. Known for calling Chewbacca a "thing," and after pulling out his blaster pistol in a brave attempt to stop the disguised Rebels, was blasted in the abdomen, and moments later, his body was yanked off the control panel and hits the floor with a thud.

Come on, admit it, a smartass officer calling Chewie a "thing" made you chuckle. :)
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 7:18 PM
Tagge, since he was smart enough to realize the danger he was in :p
 El Sitherino
11-01-2004, 7:37 PM
Admiral Piett.

I just like him a lot :D.
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-01-2004, 7:41 PM
I'm gonna go with Tarkin, but Piett was close behind.
 Rogue15
11-01-2004, 8:12 PM
General Veers. He is so cool.
 TK-8252
11-01-2004, 8:33 PM
My second choice has got to be Veers. He was another of the lucky officers to escape the Death Star. In one video game (I forgot which it is), Veers has crash-landed his shuttle in the jungles of Yavin IV, after the destruction of the Death Star. He and his shuttle crew are forced to survive in the jungles.

Not to mention his AT-AT looked awesome. :p
 RedHawke
11-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Admiral Piett, he was prim-proper and evil, and because he aquired his position in a most unnerving way and dealt with it smoothly, and he got to command the coolest ship in all of Star Wars. :D

Grand Moff Tarkin is a close second, because Peter Cushing was so cool, and he reaked the essence of a nefarious evil villan, even dwarfing Darth Vader at some moments. :D
 FiEND_138
11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Piett for the reasons stated above.
 Jan Gaarni
11-02-2004, 6:24 AM
Admiral Piett, I just like him. :)

Tarkin is also a very close favorite. :)

And TK, that was Force Commander.
 Lieutenant_kettch
11-02-2004, 7:16 AM
i had to choose between tarkin and piett.. both are awesome, both are very close, but i had to choose piett over tarkin, if for no reason other than i like his decipher card:D, seriously though, i could be swayed either way
 Sivy
11-02-2004, 7:20 AM
Tarkin - he was eeeeevil.
 Lieutenant_kettch
11-02-2004, 7:24 AM
Originally posted by Sivy
Tarkin - he was eeeeevil.

he was evil by association... not of his own character, he was simply loyal to an evil regime
 Sivy
11-02-2004, 7:50 AM
no no, he was naturally eeeeevil.
it was he who ordered the total destruction of Alderraan. it was he who, years before, landed his ship on a bunch of activists (the Ghorman Massacre)
he didn't get to the rank of Grand Moff by just following orders, but by showing the emperor that he would do anything for the New Order, even mass genocide.
 Kurgan
11-02-2004, 7:57 AM
As far as the question of evil, the excuse of "I was just following orders" was rejected by the Nuremburg trials as an excuse for the Nazi leaders.

In this case, Tarkin was given powers by the Emperor, to do what he wanted ("the Regional Governors now have direct control over their territories"). He had command of the Death Star, so the deaths of everyone on Alderaan were his responsibility (with less, but some shared by the Death Star gunners, morally speaking).
 Jan Gaarni
11-03-2004, 4:03 AM
I'm sure there is no such thing as the Nuremburg Trials or Nazi's in Star Wars. :D

But seriously, yeah, they would most likely come to the same conclussion though. :)

And Tarkin is evil, there's no doubt about that. He would do anything, anything, for the New Order.

Especially if it ment securing his own position. ;)
 Lieutenant_kettch
11-03-2004, 8:23 AM
^^^ i think most people would be greedy enough to do lots of things to secure their own position. maybe not to tarkin's extent, but to some extent. so they are just as guilty of tarkin's greed and selfishness as tarkin himself, plus, tarkin is cool
 sith_master2000
11-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Grand Admrial Thrawn was the best by far!
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-05-2004, 12:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by TK-8252
I've kept EU stuff off the poll (no Grand Admirals for you :p ) because this is the Trilogy!

That wasn't a choice. "No Grand Admirals for you"
 adillon
11-05-2004, 12:53 PM
motti ... he had teh bawlz
 sith_master2000
11-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Damn, I knew I should have read the whole poll! Well if that's the case I don't have a favourite imperial officer.
 TK-8252
11-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by adillon
motti ... he had teh bawlz

Heh, that's why I figured I might as well put him on the poll.

Only officer who insulted Vader to his face... err... helmet.
 adillon
11-05-2004, 1:02 PM
Heh, that's why I figured I might as well put him on the poll.

Only officer who insulted Vader to his face... err... helmet.
yeah, and lived to see another day ... plus you just gotta love a guy with a speech impediment, it goes to show the empire isn't prejudiced.

*edited for stoopid spellig errerz*
 TK-8252
11-05-2004, 1:07 PM
Captain Needa was also brave for his taking the blame for the rest of his crew. Unfortunantly, since Needa supported Ozzel, he had to go too!
 sith_master2000
11-05-2004, 1:11 PM
I don't like Needa, he's dumb and very ugly. The only thing I like about him it that he's dead! Heh heh I'm very evil! :evil2:
 TK-8252
11-05-2004, 1:13 PM
How was Needa dumb? He's just not as clever as Han.

And because an officer is ugly doesn't mean he's not fit for his position. Needa wasn't even ugly. Not good-looking, but not very ugly.
 adillon
11-05-2004, 1:16 PM
a good officer is only as good as the gray matter between his ears ...
 sith_master2000
11-05-2004, 1:18 PM
I think he was dumb because:
a) when the Falcon flies above the bridge he ducks
and
b) he knows the Falcon doesn't have a cloaking device but he assumes that it just disappears.

Also a note to the actor who plays him (if you ever read forums):
I'm not bagging you, just Needa.
 TK-8252
11-05-2004, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
a) when the Falcon flies above the bridge he ducks

Note his lieutenant did the same.

It's a survival reaction, dude. It's like when you hear a loud noise, you naturally blink, even if you're wearing goggles.

He sees a ship flying at him, he naturally ducks, even though there's a deflector shield.

Originally posted by sith_master2000
b) he knows the Falcon doesn't have a cloaking device but he assumes that it just disappears.

Umm...

"They can't have disappeared." ~ Captain Needa

Needa did not assume that it disappeared. He probably thought they went into hyperspace, as Piett then later suggests.

Boba was the only bounty hunter who figures it out. Not everyone can be as clever as the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.
 sith_master2000
11-05-2004, 1:32 PM
Well it may be so that he assumes that they went into hyperspace but why didn't he send out Ties or something to patrol the area to make sure they weren't hiding out of range of their sensors?
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-05-2004, 1:50 PM
Why would he think they were out of range of their sensors if they were never at the end of their sensors? That is an illogical assumption. If they were able to travel from right next to the ship to outside of the sensors within a second, there is no way any TIE is going to find them. The only rational explaination was that they jumped to lightspeed, and he was responsible enough to explain to Vader personally. I'm still gonna stick with Tarkin though.
 Pho3nix
11-05-2004, 3:02 PM
Admiral Motti. Because the best movie quote (as seen in my sig) is in the same scene as "This battle station is now the ultimate power in the universe"
 Evil Dark Jedi
11-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rogue15
General Veers. He is so cool.

Agreed. Veers is cool.
 Mono_Giganto
11-10-2004, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Agreed. Veers is cool.

Agreed. (As well)
 TheOutrider
11-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Agreed. (As well) Agreed Veers is da best
 JDKnite188
11-13-2004, 6:58 PM
Three way tie between . . . .

Veers - "The shield will be down in moments my lord."

Piett - "The Emperor has something special planned."

Tarkin - "We will get to your rebel friends soon enough."
 darth_nemisis
11-13-2004, 8:31 PM
I chose Grand Moff Tarkin....just because.
 Darkside_tanro
11-17-2004, 8:54 AM
Needa because it particularly pleased me to see him choke and die.
 Armydude71490
11-18-2004, 10:05 AM
General Veers

Because he never did!

AND

Because of his tatics in the battle of hoth, he figured that if he placed his :atat: 's a certain distance away from each other that they could easly cover each other and he placed At-Sts in between them to further cover them (was cut from movie due to a stop film camra error)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atst/?id=bts)

What he diden't know was that the rebels were resource full enough to convert Civilian Hauling speeders in to what we now call the snow or AIRSPEEDER!

Once he saw this tatic he quickly changed stragety an had minimal casualties 2 At-ats and 1 At-St, I think
according to movie and cut futage!

And well he diden't die besides!

BTW Great topic TK

My second choice has got to be Veers. He was another of the lucky officers to escape the Death Star. In one video game (I forgot which it is), Veers has crash-landed his shuttle in the jungles of Yavin IV, after the destruction of the Death Star. He and his shuttle crew are forced to survive in the jungles.

Not to mention his AT-AT looked awesome. :p

That would be Starwars: Force commander
He also escaped according to some other EU stuff I just don't know what!

He wasen't a general then!
He got promoted later!
 TK-8252
11-18-2004, 11:21 AM
In the original script they wanted to have Hobbie crash his Snowspeeder into the cockpit of Veers' AT-AT, killing him and bringing the AT-AT down, much like the A-Wing into Admiral Piett's Super Star Destroyer. Thankfully for us Veers fans this scene was cut, and Veers lived on to command more battles even as far into the Imperial Remnant.
 Armydude71490
11-18-2004, 12:19 PM
In the original script they wanted to have Hobbie crash his Snowspeeder into the cockpit of Veers' AT-AT, killing him and bringing the AT-AT down, much like the A-Wing into Admiral Piett's Super Star Destroyer. Thankfully for us Veers fans this scene was cut, and Veers lived on to command more battles even as far into the Imperial Remnant.

You got that from the Databank diden't you!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalmaximilianveers/?id=bts)
 TK-8252
11-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Armydude71490
You got that from the Databank diden't you!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalmaximilianveers/?id=bts)

That and among other places.
Page: 1 of 1