Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Walking Shirt, Pair of Pants and Headless Skin

Page: 1 of 1
 LedFloyd
10-30-2004, 9:36 AM
Since I've been playing this game for quite some time... I've seen my share of skins that have no head, that are just a walking shirt, or just a pair of walking pants. I've been wondering how to do this. They don't do anything with the .SKIN file, they do it during the game, and I can't get my invisible jedi trainer to work anyways when I do happen to mess with the .SKIN file. And apparently there is no point to doing it because no one else has your assets1.pk3 file so you'd only see yourself as invisible.

At a JA+ server, I got the command which made my skin a weird grey with normal legs with brown pants and no head:

/model jedi_hm/torso_a1|head_a1|lower_a1

If any of you can help me, I'd appreciate it VERY much. I have longed to be a walking pair of pants in this game :D.

Oh yes... what's the point of disabling the search feature so I don't have to scroll through hundreds of pages to try to find what I'm looking for instead of making a completely new topic?
 Lady Jedi
10-30-2004, 5:46 PM
Well I don't know about the skin thing, but apparently the search feature was causing the site to crash so they shut it down. Funny though, I never used it before but now that I can't I alway wish it was up. :rolleyes:
 Agen
10-31-2004, 6:51 AM
I've never heard of the command line stuff to do it but it's certainly possible to do it with skins (pk3) on an unpure server (all ja+ servers).
 LedFloyd
10-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, taking that into consideration... But wouldn't the other people on the server need MY .pk3 file in order to see ME invisible (see me invisible... lol)?
 LedFloyd
11-04-2004, 6:48 PM
Anyone...?
 Kurgan
11-11-2004, 8:56 AM
If they don't have the same mod as you, then you are correct, they won't "see" your new invisible skin. They'll see the default Kyle Katarn skin instead.
 Slider744
11-11-2004, 10:58 AM
this is not due to JA+
this problem is a basejka exploit that can be used on all server even unpure or pure...

the next version of JA+ will correct this basejka exploit like many others already corrected
Page: 1 of 1