Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Academy Years

Page: 1 of 2
 UrchSr
10-20-2004, 8:40 PM
As you all know, MOST Jedi spend many years at an academy training in the ways of the force and the temptation of the darkside. This thred is all about the final year at the academy. The "senior" padawons are now off to study with thier new master one on one and the "junior" padawons are in thier final stages.

Rules:

1) Your PC(s) are not limited by character depth, just by training depth. No 19yr old is all Yoda-like. No heavy force powers- 1st and 2nd tier only, please.
2) Note that "juniors" are not allowed off planet, but the planet we are on, Canon VII, is like a liberal version of mannan. Both Sith and Republic occupy it and the security is less binding (fight all you want). There is no Sith training facility, just a military base.
3) You can be a sith, but a diplomatic one, please. They are not always so blood thirsty.
4) Try to stay away from controling another's PC or "piggy-back" on thier story line. As "juniors", A master instructing a class is differant. (I say this because sometimes a person won't post for a long time, and the story dies when you are in the middle.)
5) PCs can die, but only at the creaters say-so. Jedi knight #3 and Sith Master #2 can die, but don't go all crazy.
6) Soldiers and merchants and non-force users are welcome to play, too.

Now a little background stuff...

This takes place after the lightside ending of Kotor, but just before the story of the ith Lords. The Republic is still strong.
Planet: Canon VII
Type: Twin Continents, Desig and Setane
Climate: Temperate
Race: Heseks (Humanoid) and Busix (Humanoid)
Settlements: Desig (Republic and Jedi) Setane (Sith)
Government: Parlimentry- Heseks king and Busix queen
Imports: Sport (swoop racing, deuling), technology
Exports: Belto (used in stim replication), resorts and spas

Once a heavy supplier of Kolto, Canon VII was a large asset to both Sith and the Republic. The Kolto resource dried up, and the planet was nearly deserted by both sides. an other resource was found, Belto. Belto is the Main ingrediant in stims used all across the galaxy as well as many differant ales and wines. Many Cantinas opened up as well as many hotels. The tiny planet soon became a huge tourist hot spot and R&R location for both the Sith and the Republic. The Jedi created an enclave there shortly after the revival of Taris started. Both native species proved strong in the force. The Busix people are middle class like as they all rely on trades like swoop repair and farming to earn a living. The Desig are more thinker types as they are mostly teachers and scientists. The two races were once one as were thier continants. A great rift formed down the middle from a large tremor and the two races were formed from years of separation. They are a hospitable peoples and look to aid as much as possible. The Sith and Republic are to police themselves in their respected areas and are policed by the local othorities anywhere else on the planet. They both agreed to be on separate continants. Whispers of a mutiny on the planet are heard throughout the palace. The Sith influence moves quickly up the political ladder.

First light, most of the planet is still asleep, but the hotels and spas are still awake. Droids and employees are buzzing around preparing for the new day. Shop owners are opening up and Many of the Jedi trainers are getting ready for thier new pupils. The young masters are awaiting to get assigned thier padawons for thier final training. It is almost time for the students to wake up.
 Airrazor
10-21-2004, 8:12 AM
Name: Elite Clone 556
Nickname: Cheetah
Race: Clone
Allingment: Lightside
Ocupation: Republic Elite Comando troop
Force powers: none
Weapon: A jet pack, blaster pistols, republic heavy repeater.
Ship: The Gonzales

Bio:
Elite Clone 556 also known as Cheetah is a republic elite comando troop. He got to the republic before the fall of Malak and his master Revan. He was trained as a sith comando unit but they made a mistake in his DNA. He got imense power with only his body. He can survive in every type of planet and he never failed a mission. He gets a mission and must go to the jedi acedamy on the planet Canon VII. The acedamy is in danger of Sith Elite Comando troops. They found reports in the star forge of the plans to destroy the Jedi Acedamy on Canon VII. And he is here to stop them.
 TheOutrider
10-25-2004, 7:52 PM
Name: Ralve
Race: Human with advanced genetics
Allignment:Light
Force powers: Telekinesis, push, pull, cure
Weapon: A jet pack, a blue lightsaber, blaster pistol
Homeworld: Dantooine
Sex: Male
Ship: The Donow

Bio:
Originally born on Dantooine, Ralve was a strong young man. They later found out he had advanced genetics far beyond everyone elses. He was also found as a force user. The Jedi decided to train him. His master his Quiku the Rodian and they have been training for 8 years.
 Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 2:13 PM
Name-Matt
race-jawa
aligment-light
occ.-jedi padawan
force power-push,sense,heal
weapon-blue light saber
age-17
homeworld-tationne
sex-male
ship-none he was a stough away

Bio-Dreams of becoming the first jawa jedi
 Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 2:13 PM
Name-Matt
race-jawa
aligment-light
occ.-jedi sentnail
force power-push,sense,heal
weapon-blue light saber
age-17
homeworld-tationne
sex-male
ship-none he was a stough away

Bio-Dreams of becoming the first jawa jedi:jawa
 Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 2:14 PM
sorry computer jus went crazy sorry about double postin
 LukeKatarn
10-28-2004, 6:29 PM
((Make that a triple post.:D ))
Name: Gork
Race: Mandalorian
Alignment: Good
powers: All the nuetural ones at tier 1, ((Exept for saber attack which is tier two.)) Force heal, Stassis, Whirl wind, Damage Droid, ((Or whatever the tier two droid attack is)) force shock, and choke.
ALignment: Good
Weapon: Two double handed Light sabers. Due to his strength, he can handle them.
Home World: ((Whatever the Mandalorian home world is.))
 Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 7:26 PM
so when do u think this thing will start
 DarthBuzzard
10-28-2004, 9:29 PM
Name: Plookim Kolne
Homeworld: Tatooine
Alignment: Light.
Allegiance: Republic/Jedi Order
Race: Human (male)
Flagship: None; hopes to one day command a Republic Cruiser.
Personal ship: Republic Fighter
Armor: Jedi Padawan Robes

Weapon(s) of choice:
Lightsaber: Single blue
The Force
Blaster Pistol, last resort.

CLASS: Guardian
FORCE: Stasis (lvl.2) Whirlwind (lvl.2) Saber throw (lvl.1) Burst of speed (lvl.1) Affect mind (lvl.1) Heal (lvl.2 - explained why so high in bio)

BIOGRAPHY: Plookim is the standard Jedi story; born into slavery, rescued at the age of five and training ever since. Although he is a Guardian, he has always shown a natural aptitude with the Force. He finds a great fascination in healing and using his powers to help others, and he has spent many many years mastering the use of the Healing Force. Now, on Canon VII (although being young for senior padawanship) has been promoted to Master Katanan Tu'kelis.
 Cyborgninja
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
is this rp goin remain in limbo our is the dude goin start it
 LukeKatarn
10-30-2004, 6:18 AM
Who knows. We can only hope he comes.
 Cyborgninja
10-30-2004, 7:48 AM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
Who knows. We can only hope he comes.

kinda like the light or dark side rp
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 8:03 AM
We have enough characters to start, and Urch dosent have to start it guys...
 LukeKatarn
10-30-2004, 10:12 AM
True. Let's start it.

Ummmmmmm I guess ummm I'm in teh Jedi Academy on Canon VII?
 DarthBuzzard
10-30-2004, 11:20 AM
(just to inspire you to post...)

Plookim paced back and forth in front of the Masters Chamber. He had woken up early for this. He was excited to be promoted, but definentally nervous. Finally, after five more minutes the doors opened and a green Twi'Lek in Jedi Master garments walked out. You could tell she was at peace, and had just come out of deep meditation.
"So you are the one I am assigned to train?" When she spoke, her voice was like the water of a rushing river. Her lekku (head tails) were wrapped around her neck, and her lips were red. She was short, but looked strong and fit.
"Yes, if you are Master Tu'Kelis."
She smiled. "Yes, I am. I assume you are Plookim?"
"Yes."
"How long have you trained?"
"I have been an initiate and a Junior Padawan for twelve years. Why?"
"Ah, so now I know where to start you. Follow me..."

They walked through the Jedi Academy, exchanging words; where they were from, background et cetera. Finally, they came upon a training annex. She led him into one of the rooms in the annex, and let him sit down. She faced towards the window, and sat cross legged. The view in the window was beautiful. Since the Academy was built on the shore of Desig, it had a beautiful view of the Ocean. He was marveled by the view before he finally realized someone was talking to him.

"The view is beautiful, isn't it?"

Plookim was startled.
"Oh...yes, of course!"
"I agree. Now, before we start your training, I believe we need to meditate. It helps me relax and prepare."

His trainer went into meditation, and began to float above the ground. Plookim did the same, ridding himself of all emotion.

~
 LukeKatarn
10-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Meanwhile in the saber room... Gork was doing a saber exircise. Fighting his Master with his full potention, sweat ran down his face as he continued to attack. Once one of his attacks missed, he was cought off gaurd and attacked. His arm went flieing and he fell back. His master said "Oh no, did I really strike that hard? We must get you to the infarmery right away." In the med room, they were giveing him a cybernetic arm.
 Cyborgninja
10-31-2004, 5:51 PM
(in saber training room)

Matt-(saw what happened to him but knew that he had to focus or he would end up the same way)

Matts master-impress I have never seen anyone in your race with such power.(turns lightsaber off)

Matt-(in jawa voice) Thank u master (bows)

Glenoc-By the way why name is Glenoc

Matt-It is great to meet u or at least know the name of the person that will be training me...I think I am goin go mediate Master

Glenoc-Yes it would be smart to do so
 PoM
10-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Name: Foowom Raschasaki
Call me: Fows
Race: Zabrak
Allignment: Light
Force powers: Push, Cure, Saber throw and Speed.
Weapon: Blue lightsaber and a blaster pistol.
Homeworld: Coruscant
Ship: Firearm

Current location: Lightsaber training room
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 6:15 AM
Ralve was outside the academy at one of the Desig hotels. He was being confronted by a Dark Jedi.

"I don't know why they let you scum in here!" Said Ralve
"The government knows what will do if you don't let us on this planet so shove off!" Said the Dark Jedi
"SHOVE OFF THIS YOU :swear:!" Said Ralve as he pulled out his lightsaber.
"Something going on in here." Said Quiku
"Master, this, this, thing!" Said Ralve breathless
"Move Along Ralve" Said Quiku

So Ralve headed back to the academy. He was furious, he decided to take on a few probes in the training room. He saw Master Quiku there.

"Wow he is fast" thought Ralve

Ralve walked over to his Master Quiku. He was planning to ask what was the deal with him not being a Guardian, Counsulor, or a Sentinel. He asked Quiku and was amazed from Quiku's answer.

"Close your eyes and tell me what do you feel" Said Quiku
"Master I fell like a light, in front of a battlefield, as a defense for the Republic" Said Ralve
"Then your Path is most suitable as a Guardian, and there's someone I want you to meet" Said Quiku
"Follow me"

Ralve followed Quiku up and down the endless hallways. He finally led them to a place in the academy where he had never been. He saw two people, a Twilek and a Padawan.

"Well go on tell them your name" Said Quiku to Ralve
"Hi my name's Ralve whats yours" Said Ralve to Plookim
 Cyborgninja
11-01-2004, 6:27 AM
Matt-(in heavy mediation) I wonder how Luke is doing with the whole new arm and everything.(quits medation) I think I am goin go see
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 6:39 AM
ooc: Jackofblades, can you read because this is after the lightside ending of KOTOR, once again your making the threads look bad and pis*ing people off. Please don't make me tell a moderator.
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 9:47 AM
(( Jedi dude, what the HE*L did he do wrong? You are the one makeing the thread look bad yelling at him for no reason.)) Seeing Matt enter, I say "What are you doing in here? It is quite unlikely for someone like you, to be checking on someone like me. I, I am an Apprentice, but have not chosen a class. They said I would have to choose to be an apprentice, yet they premoted me without chooseing. When you gain apprentice hood, what class are you going to choose? I am aiming for Sentinal, although I like to fight, fighting is not my life, unlike most Mandalorians. Which is why, I am diffrent," Moveing my cybernetic arm back and forth, and clenching my fingers togeather, "I must leave. My master calls." I get up, and leave.
 Cyborgninja
11-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Matt- hey we should head to a cantina sometime later and swap storys but hey I got to go we master calls me. But I will see u later...(takes off toward master Glenoc)...(so he wants to be a jedi sentenail)
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 10:53 AM
"Hello Master Telino. I would like to tell you my class of choice. I choose to be a Sentinal." "Are you sure? Do you feel to protect the Galaxy from Sith, and to keep peace and justice in the world?" "Yes Master Telino." "Then you are now a Sentinal. You are given a Yell Saber attachment to one of your Sabers. It adds on a yell of Blade to it." He was given a crystal and a placer. he stuck in the placer and then the crystal. He turned on his saber and there were now three blades.
 Redwing
11-01-2004, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by JediDьde
ooc: Jackofblades, can you read because this is after the lightside ending of KOTOR, once again your making the threads look bad and pis*ing people off. Please don't make me tell a moderator.

((SOMEONE did not read all the RPG posts, and thought Jack was talking about Luke...Skywalker :p

While I'm making comments, Luke, I'm surprised they didn't just reattach his arm. :D

*relurks* ;)))
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
((SOMEONE did not read all the RPG posts, and thought Jack was talking about Luke...Skywalker :p

While I'm making comments, Luke, I'm surprised they didn't just reattach his arm. :D

*relurks* ;))) Wasn't he talking about Luke Skywalker, theres no rp characters called Luke. Maybe Im just a little mad because he always makes one sentence posts well back to the rp.
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 3:54 PM
"Oh, hi! I'm Plookim. Pleased to meet you Ralve".

Plookim turned back to his master when she told him something:
"The way you greet fellow padawans, even those with less knowledge in the force, shows that you are at inner peace with yourself."

Yeah Yeah...just more Jedi babble, but still, it may be true...

Turning back to Ralve, he asked,
"Are you new here?"
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 3:57 PM
((I think he meant luke as in Luke Katarn as in my char, he probabley forgot my guys name and did a substtute. It happens to me alot. I even do it.))
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 4:01 PM
Ralve looked at him.

"Im not new, ive been here for eight years" Said Ralve
"Ive never seen you before are you new" Said Ralve
"By the way, what class of Jedi are you, Guardian, Sentinel, Counselor, Im Guardian" Said Ralve
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 4:05 PM
"Im a Guardian, and I've been here for 12 years, I was just asking if you were new to your class. Oh hey, do you want to train sometime?" he asked.
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 4:09 PM
Ralve was eager to train as much as possible.

"Sure, Courtyard 7:00 tomorrow if its okay with Master Quiku" Said Ralve
"Sure I don't mind" Said Quiku

Ralve then headed for his hotel. He was sleepy and ready to go to bed. He laid down in his bed and fell asleep...

Ralve suddenly woke up! It was 6:55, he was late! He hurried to the Courtyard and saw Plookim.

"Huff puff im here and ready" Said Ralve as he drew his lightsaber.
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 4:13 PM
I was on meditation all night on the court yard, and I see two Gaurdiens in the court yard. "Hello, I am Gork." I draw my three bladed saber and my two bladed one.
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 4:16 PM
"Gork, this is our duel, please don't interfere..."

Plookim drew his saber and stared down at Ralve. He breathed in slowly, readied himself, readied his Force, and calmed himself to peace. He then asked,
"Ready Ralve?"
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 4:28 PM
"I don't interfer on private duels. You two could atleast introduce yourselves. Never met someone with such a bad attitude exept a Sith, and my Father and all other Mandalorians." Heads to training room to do some more saber training.
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 4:31 PM
"Ready"

Ralve did a force jump and got a direct hit onto Plookims arm. They were fighting hard. Every second was harder. Ralve was sweating, they fought for an hour before they finally stopped. Ralve was covered in blood, from head to toe.

"Lets stop now im going to bed" Said Ralve
"Bye"

Ralve headed toward his hotel. He laid in his bed. He was happy that he met a friend but sad. Sad because he wanted a girl for a friend. Not just as a friend, a girl to feel love with. Not Plookim he is a guy, just some girl.

"The Jedi would never allow me" Sighed Ralve as he went to bed...
 Cyborgninja
11-01-2004, 4:39 PM
hey I am goin to jus leave this rp so lets jus pretend my char. didn't even exist. It will make alot of people happier I guess
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 4:46 PM
Plookim used Force Heal to heal his wounds. He walked back to his quarters slowly. It had been a draw, but he knew he was better; he was barely fatigued by the end while Ralve was sweating buckets. Not tired yet, he decided to go to the Lightsaber blocking room and practice against the laser droids.

When he arrived, he found it empty. He activated one of the small droids. It flew toward him and fired a small laser. Plookim practiced for hours and hours before he was finally tired. He ambled slowly to his quarters, where he saw his master was sleeping peacefully. As Plookim went to bed, he saw a young Jedi who was right about his age walk by. She was beautiful; long black hair, red robes, green eyes; PLookim focused on her to rid himself of emotion and to obtain peacefulness before bed. Right before he slept, he made it a point to learn her name.
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by jackofblades
hey I am goin to jus leave this rp so lets jus pretend my char. didn't even exist. It will make alot of people happier I guess

Don't worry about it jack, just keep roleplaying. Sorry if we offended you...as long as your happy, we're happy.
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 5:11 PM
Ralve awoke, he was happy today. It was another day off. He decided to go into the courtyard. It was bright and early. Nothing could ruin his day nothing. Until he saw his arch rival, Hermes. Hermes had hated everyone and been mean to everyone for years. Even the masters didn't like him. He was going to grow up and become a bounty hunter, thats always what he said.

"What you looking at punk, ill pull my blaster on you!" Said Hermes
"Try it scum" Said Ralve

Hermes walked away, knowing he would get killed. Ralve then remembered his dream. He decided to let his emotions take the better of him. He decided to ask Plookim to come with him to the landing pad. He was going to disobey the jedi orders and have an adventure. He wallked to Plookims door. He left a note for Plookim to meet him at the Pad. He then left for the Pad.
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 5:28 PM
At the pad was Gork. "Noone goes on an adventure without me. You might not know me that well, and I might not be as good of a fighter as you, but I have seen your mind. Looking for a girl eh? I met a few of em on Correlia. I can hook ya up with some good gals. And don't worrie about the masters, if they ask where you are, I'll take care of em. I am close friends with someone very high on the coincils pleasure list. He can make sure that the yare taken care of if they ask for us."
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 5:31 PM
Plookim walked onto the landing pad.
"I don't think we need that Gork; thanks for the offer though! Oh and if we want to go on an adventure, you dont have to come, so we can go on an adventure without you."

Plookim turned to Ralve and said, "Can this wait just, oh say two hours? I've got some serious business I need to take care of."
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 5:37 PM
"Alright, I would still like to go. I've been off planet a few times and am good with the surrounding planets because I wasn't on a mission at the time. Suitr yourself though. You two just don't want a Mandalorian with you, do you?" Begins to walk away.
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 5:39 PM
"Well it can wait but hurry because if the master find out were dead" Said Ralve
"Gork wait you can go with us just don't get into our buisness please" Said Ralve to Gork

Ralve waited at the Pad for Plookim.
 LukeKatarn
11-01-2004, 5:42 PM
"Alright. I'll take care of the masters. You two explore all you want, I have good info and my "frind" can keep the couincil waiting for awhile. Meet me in orbit around the planet in two hours." I head for my Mandalorian ship.
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 5:58 PM
Plookim ran all around the Academy looking for the girl he had seen last night. He was beginning to lose faith, and was thinking that maybe it was a hallucination. Thirty minutes...twenty minutes...finally, he found her alone in the Force room. He walked in, and she Force Pushed him into the wall. He smacked his head hard, and started seeing stars.
"Oh my God, are you alright? I'm so sorry!"

Plookim used the Force to flip back up. He was still dazed, but answered.
"Yeah, I'm fine...the name is Plookim by the way!"
"Oh...I'm Ratana. Pleased to meet you."
"You too...hey listen, I've got to go, I have a meeting with Ralve...nice to meet you Ratana."
"May the Force be with you, Plookim. Goodbye."

Plookim ran out the door. It hadn't been what he had wanted, but he had met her. He had also felt the spark of intrigue in her; another good sign. Finally, he arrived at his masters quarters. He knocked on the door and was answered almost immediately.
"Yes? What is it, Plookim?"
"I am requesting to go off planet with a friend."
"How come?"
"There have been reports of agressors near Corellia; we want to investigate."

This wasn't a complete lie. Corellia was pretty close to the rim, so it would recieve frequent attacks. Reports had been cropping up as well, and Katanan was sure to know of these agressors.
"Are you sure you can handle this"
"Yes Master...we will radio if something goes wrong."
"Very well; I give you both permission to leave the academy."
"Thank you."

Plookim ran to the pad, where he found Ralve by The Donow.
"I got permission to leave the academy; for both of us." he added. "Are you ready?"
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 6:06 PM
"Awesome Ready" Said Ralve
"Thrusters online, Shields online, fuel, were set lets go" Said Ralve as he lifted off. They were in space, something Ralve hadn't seen space since he could remember. He looked around for that Gork guy.

"I don't see Gork but where should we head first?" Said Ralve

Before Ralve could react, the ship was going mad. There was a screen on the ship that said "Virus in System!". Then the Ship hyperspaced off into space. The ship didn't go far til it flew into the atmosphere of a planet.

"Warning Hull breached, shields offline" Said the little screen

There ship flew down into the grassy plains. Ralve had no idea where they were at. It was cold and grassy.

"um where are we?!? Yelled Ralve
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 6:16 PM
(ooc - no pickups please, let us find our own way off; we need the jedi to aknowledge our craftiness. ;))

Plookim was punching switches and pulling levers as the Co-pilot.

"All systems are down. Power is off and communication is cut. My personal communications array is gone. We're on our own Ralve!"

Plookim stepped outside. The planet was cold; its grass was frozen upright. Not far off, he heard the howling of a beast.

"Um...you look for that virus and do some repairs, I'll try to do some exploring."

Plookim went in the direction of the howl. Nothing. He pulled out his datapad and started mapping the terrain. A few hours later, he had mapped 7 kilometers in every direction., and returned to the ship.
"Any luck?"
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 6:25 PM
"All the systems are fried, if we had some tools I could repair it but all the tools are in my room at the academy" Said Ralve
"So give me some info on the planet" Said Ralve

Ralve looked around and saw a beautiful planet but the weather was cold.
 DarthBuzzard
11-01-2004, 6:30 PM
Plookim rubbed his red nose, trying in vain to warm it.

"Well...it's all plains, but to the northeast is a small forest. I think that's where the howl came from. Now, let me take a look in here..."

Plookim looked in the engine and sure enough, found what he was looking for. He yanked out the pebble-sized black instrument.

"Look at this. Mandalorian system destroyer. Used by their special forces as an extremely effective sabotage weapon. Are you thinking what im thinking...?"
 TheOutrider
11-01-2004, 6:43 PM
Ralve was dumbfounded, what was Plookim thinking. If Plookim had been a better co-pilot they would have probaly not crashed. Ralve was mad at Plookim.

"Let me guess, you want to go find yourself a pet, well we have other things to do, which we wouldn't have to do if you would have been a better co-pilot!" Yelled Ralve

Ralve hated Plookim now, he almost wanted to kill Plookim, this planet was cold, and it hurt.
Page: 1 of 2