Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Luke as a sith...

Page: 1 of 2
 Ockniel
10-16-2004, 2:44 AM
Wouldn't it have been awsome if Luke had joined the dark side, and killed vader to rule at palpy's side? I mean, can you picture Luke on his own Super Star Destoyer ordering people around, killing people on whims, and going straight to the rebel base to wipe then out?

I think that it would have been awsome, you guys?
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-16-2004, 2:49 AM
I dont see Luke as a very entertaining Sith. also, the rebels making it allow much better story lines then the Empire ruling unopposed. lastly, Luke would not have been able to train more Jedi, so we would lose a ton of cool characters.
 Kurgan
10-16-2004, 11:36 AM
If Lucas had planned "all along" to make nine movies, then perhaps he could have done that and left it open for Leia to be the "last hope."

Of course she'd have even less training than Luke, perhaps only through the ghosts of Yoda & Ben.

The way it was going though, it would have been a thinner story.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-16-2004, 12:14 PM
blech, i hate Luke.
light luke made for a better story, and allowed for a better selection of EU books. However, i sometimes wish Luke turned to a Sith, because they are so much better than wimpy Jedi. But it's true, he probably would have made an even worse Sith than he did a Jedi
 ET Warrior
10-16-2004, 3:20 PM
Emperor: Luke, I need you to crush the uprising on Tattooine

Luke: But I was going to go to the Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Emperor: *LIGHTNING'D*

Luke: AAUUUUGGHHHH, FATHER! HELP ME

Emperor: You killed your father you fool.

Luke:........****

No...I dont think Luke would have done as a Sith atall.....
 bwalt17
10-17-2004, 6:05 AM
I couldnt picture Luke as a sith... If that's the way they turned out, I'd walk out of the movie theater...:mad:
 Darth333
10-17-2004, 7:08 AM
It wouldn't be Star Wars without the Light Side winning over the Dark Side at the end...

and I just can't picture him as an evil sith force choking other sith officers :rolleyes:
 guybroom
10-17-2004, 8:36 AM
I think Luke would be a great sith lord, just as soon as he learns never touch the red button on a stardestroyer's main control pannel, when it's in hyperspace shock1 ha ha ha
 TheOutrider
10-17-2004, 8:41 PM
If luke had gone to the Dark Side what would happen to the storyline it would dissappear who would fight the darkside Luke???Wait he was evil

See the problems buddy!
 Kain
10-17-2004, 9:42 PM
Ah...no.
 sith_master2000
10-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Hell yeah, make Luke a sith, he'd kick a** :evil2: :evil2: !
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 11:46 PM
I think this definitely needs to be repeated!!!

Originally posted by ET Warrior
Emperor: Luke, I need you to crush the uprising on Tattooine

Luke: But I was going to go to the Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Emperor: *LIGHTNING'D*

Luke: AAUUUUGGHHHH, FATHER! HELP ME

Emperor: You killed your father you fool.

Luke:........****

No...I dont think Luke would have done as a Sith atall.....
 sith_master2000
10-17-2004, 11:53 PM
It's just my personal opinion, I've always like the Dark side, even since I was little. Luke would be a great sith.
 FiEND_138
10-18-2004, 12:18 AM
No. Just No.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 7:05 AM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
It's just my personal opinion, I've always like the Dark side, even since I was little. Luke would be a great sith.
yes, i love the dark sid e as much as you do, obsessed with it, actually, however, there is a distinct difference IMO over whether he should have been dark or would be a good sith. He should have been Sith, simply because all force-users should choose the dark over the light, but he was a crappy Jedi, he would be an even worse Sith.

All in all:
should have been: yes
good at it: no
 Doomie
10-18-2004, 1:27 PM
In my opinion, Luke turning to the Dark Side would go like this:

Palpatine begins blabbing about how the rebels are being defeated and whatnot, Luke pulls his lightsaber to striek down the Emperor as he is stopped by Vader. So far it goes according to the movies.

Luke nods to Vader, acknowledging that he takes Vader's offer of him joining the Dark side to 'Rule the galaxy as father and son.' The both strike down Palpatine so fast that he doesn't have time to react. Vader takes the throne and Luke goes to the Hangar, enters the TIE advanced and guns down the Millenium Falcon.

Afterwards, Endor will be blown up and the Rebellion will be crushed. The Emperor's hands are being turned over or killed (if they're still loyal to the Emperor) And Luke starts training Dark Jedi...
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 3:02 PM
Then Mara comes and beats 'em all down!
 Kasabian
10-18-2004, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Then Mara comes and beats 'em all down! Interesting point. Would Mara remain loyal to the Emperor, or would she try joining Luke and Vader? If so, it could actually turn out that although Luke joins the Dark Side, he could still end up marrying Mara. :p
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 4:57 PM
I doubt she would join them. She went out to kill Skywalker because of this exact scenario, but in this case it would be the truth and not just a fabrication.
 primalunderdog
10-31-2004, 8:50 AM
I have a book where lukes turns to the darkside for a while then his sister brings him back at the end.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-31-2004, 11:26 PM
The Dark Empire comics, right?
 Skinkie
11-01-2004, 7:09 PM
I always felt Luke was a bit of a pansy. He wouldn't have made it as a Sith.
 LukeKatarn
11-02-2004, 6:54 AM
SITHY ALL THE WAY! I've always wanted to see Luke as a Sith. And who cares about Mara? There are plenty other girls in the galaxy. The stor ywould be kindof wierd though, Father adn son fight agents Luke's Sister/Vaders doughter, It is just wierd. I do think Luke should have been bad.
 Lieutenant_kettch
11-02-2004, 7:11 AM
sith are much cooler, and more sith and less jedi in the galaxy never hurt anyone... however, luke is too crappy to be a sith, he should have been a sith, if GL had made him better, but that would defeat part of the story line, however, as luke stand in forcehood, he should be a "Jedi"
 Nairb Notneb
11-04-2004, 9:24 AM
One problem with the whole theory of Mara Jade beating down Luke if he turned bad and turned on the Emperor. If Luke had turned bad and the story gone another way, there never would have been Timothy Zahns Heir to the Empire and therefore no Mara Jade.
 Palpatine
11-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Since Luke didnt show any agressive emotions or pissed of looks then its really hard to imagine Luke as a Sith:p
 sith_master2000
11-04-2004, 8:59 PM
That's not entirely true, in ESB there are two scenes in which Luke shows anger and another one in ROTJ.
1) When he is eating dinner with Yoda he gets PO'd at the fact that the little green dude won't take him to see Yoda (even though the green dude is Yoda).
2) In the cave with "Vader" Luke kills him using his anger
3) Luke uses his anger to strike down the real Vader.
 Nairb Notneb
11-05-2004, 8:41 AM
I would love to see episodes 7-9 made by George Lucas. But to tell the continuing story of "The Chosen One" is impossible because his tormentor, Darth Sidious has died and he (Anakin) was fulfilled the prophecy of bringing balance to the force. The story is truly over. Even if you have Palpatine making it out alive, you still have the problem of this saga being about Anakin. That would be the only solution. Maybe that's why George changed the ghosts in the OT in the DVD release. Maybe he secretly is going to make episodes 7,8,9 and use Hayden as a young, resurrected Anakin somehow to come back and finally defeat Palpatine and the Sith.
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I doubt it.
 Mono_Giganto
11-07-2004, 12:48 PM
I think he just changed it so that more ladies would buy the DVD's...
 Nairb Notneb
11-07-2004, 4:33 PM
Luke could have turned to the Dark Side and the prophecy of "The Chosen One" could still have been fulfilled. If Vader defeats Palpatine, then he has to defeat Luke and himself. By that I mean that he must return to the light side of the Force somehow, through the influence of his daughter or something. But the thought of Father and Son ruling the galaxy does have a nice ring to it.
 kipperthefrog
11-09-2004, 7:55 PM
When I first watched this, i wanted luke to stay on the light side...
 Nairb Notneb
11-10-2004, 8:55 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
When I first watched this, i wanted luke to stay on the light side...
When you "first" watched it? Does that mean on your second time around you wanted him to go badboy on us?
 Evil Dark Jedi
11-10-2004, 8:51 PM
Luke needs to stay on the light side otherwise the rebels would have lost and he would have died if he went to the sith.
 Nairb Notneb
11-12-2004, 8:59 AM
If Luke was not there at the Battle of Endor, the Rebels would have lost the battle. Why? Even if Luke had turned to the dark side the rebels would have still won and the three wise guys would have all died in its explosion I'm sure. Maybe Luke would have gotten them off in time, I don't know, possibly, but the Death Star still would have been destroyed.

If Luke wasn't in the Death Star "distracting" Vader and Palpatine from the space battle, they would have intervened and gotten involved in the combat. Vader would have taken flight in a fighter again and stopped the Rebel fighters just like he did in the first Death Star battle. The emperor would have used his force powers to do something as well. But they were to busy with Luke to do anything. Even if Luke would have died in his duel or if he would have turned to the Dark Side they three of them (Vader, Palpatine, Luke) would have had to have escaped the Death Star very quickly because by the time Luke would have turned, the Rebels had won the battle and there was nothing they could have done to stop them, but then the Rebels could have done nothing to stop the three of them. Luke would know many of their secrets and would lead a crushing blow against the rebels as a Sith. I don't know if Leah could have stopped him or not.
 darth_nemisis
11-13-2004, 8:35 PM
They should have made him EVIL!!!

He would have been a great sith! He should have taken Vaders offer and joined him, then they would have been invincible!
 Darkside_tanro
11-16-2004, 7:55 AM
Luke obviously did have darkside inclinations. He wore a dark jedi robe. Also the ligthsaber he built matches what would have been his class. He is much better at mind tricks and such than force levitation. So he is obviously a consular. So im gonna base the fact he had dark side inclinations on the fact his calss matched his blade color, and he wore the dark side robes. Also when he went into the cave for his trials he took the dark side way out. But he was able to control his rage in the end. Unlike his father
 Nairb Notneb
11-16-2004, 8:02 AM
If you want to go that way, he does use the "choke" on the Gamorian Guards in Jabba's palace to get in, in ROTJ.
 guybroom
11-20-2004, 7:30 AM
As your mentioning the EU in your discussion, i'll add a point from the only EU story I've read - the tale of IG-88 from tales of the bounty hunters.

If Luke had turned and the dark side when on the death star, IG-88's droid uprising would have gone ahead. Anyone who's seen I Robot will know what happens there :bdroid1: :c3po: :bdroid2:

Also if Luke had turned to the darkside, the fight would not have been so long (between luke and vader) if it even happened at all and the rebellion fleet would have been stopped before they got inside the death star
 boinga1
11-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Luke would be a wimpy sith. He's way too short, totally not intimidating enough.
Of course, Anakin in Episode II (IMHO) is about the same. He wines and complains, is egotistical, and frankly isn't all that great (although he does have kinda the right build).
 rut-wa jodar
12-01-2004, 5:48 AM
If the EU bokks are to be believed then Luke does infact turn to the darkside for a short time.
 idle
12-15-2004, 5:15 AM
Luke did have potential to be a good Dark Jedi. He obviously was jealous of Han's relationship with his sister and a hate-fuelled lightsabre attack on both of them would have cemented his place as one of best Dark Jedi ever. In fact, at the end of RotJ I still get a feeling he was a bit miffed about it all.

However, destroying Leia, Han and the Rebel Alliance would not have put rest to the Skywalker story and I see no way that the Father & Son alliance could ever be defeated and of course the prophecy would not be fulfilled. I'd stick with Luke being on the lightside.
 Astrotoy7
12-28-2004, 8:43 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
The Dark Empire comics, right?

werdage. Dark Empire kicks a$$ Its the first and only time Luke is a badass :)

http://www.starwars-tw.com/expand/eu_character/dark_luke.jpg)

mtfbwya
 Furball
12-30-2004, 1:20 PM
Luke as a sith? LOL thats a new one.
 Astrotoy7
12-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Furball
Luke as a sith? LOL thats a new one.

LOL. new for you perhaps. The Dark Empire series is about 10 years old :p

mtfbwya
 pnkparasite
01-04-2005, 1:34 PM
Without Luke the Rebels wouldn't have a jedi hero. Plus Luke is too strong-willed to have switched sides.:lsduel:
 Darth_Monkey11
08-21-2005, 6:37 PM
i dont care,dark side will win anyway lol
 Leviathan
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Dark Side is everywhere... But if Luke had become a Sith, what Jedi could he have killed ? :confused:
 Pho3nix
09-17-2005, 7:17 AM
Probably no Jedi, but there would be some Rebels as an opposing force
 Leviathan
09-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes, that's right... But some Rebels couldn't stop a Jedi so easily... :p
Page: 1 of 2