Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Register to vote NOW (do it today, time's running out!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
10-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Just a reminder to you (18 and older, or who turn 18 before election day) US folks out there that haven't yet registered to vote. You have to do so a certain number of days before the election, so (if my calculations are right) you have to do it either today or tomorrow.

No time to waste, go! There's tons of ways to do it, some faster than others.

Remember if you're not registered, you can't vote in the upcoming presidential election in November!

If anyone wants to post further details, feel free...
 ET Warrior
10-15-2004, 2:18 PM
I thought the reg deadline was October 13th to vote in the national elections....I could be wrong though...

No worries as I'm all registered and ready to go :)
 Rogue15
10-15-2004, 9:50 PM
I'm registered. I never been in a poll booth before...will i get a practice run? XD
 Kurgan
10-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Doubtful unless they re-run the election.

My current polling place I think does it with the typical, go behind screen, press button next to candidate/party (or do write in) and then pull lever when done (opens current for next person).

At my old polling station in another city it was you just have a cardboard "screen" by a desk and you just take a marker and fill in ovals next to whom you want, then drop it in a box as you leave.

You people in Florida with the "butterfly ballots" PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME~! ;)
 Mike Windu
10-17-2004, 5:19 PM
Damn I hate not being old enough to vote...

:(

REGISTER AND VOTE DAMNIT!
 Kurgan
10-27-2004, 10:27 AM
I dunno how it's done in other states, but here's the details (sorry for posting it so late, hope nobody was waiting on ME to decide whether to try to register or not!):

In Iowa, here's how it goes for the 2004 General Election:

Oct. 23rd (already past): LAST day to register to vote

Oct 29th (2 days from now!): LAST day to request an absentee ballot for the General Election (your request must be recieved in your auditor's office by 5:00pm)

Oct. 23 & Oct 30: Saturday Officer hours -- all county auditor's offices will be open on these two Saturdays (until 5:00pm on Oct. 23rd: check closing time for Oct. 30th).

Nov. 1st: Returned absentee ballots must be postmarked NO LATER than this date.

Nov. 2nd: GENERAL ELECTION All Iowa Polling sites open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.

4 Things You Need To Know On Election Day:

YOUR BALLOT, YOUR VOTE. Don't panic if you registered to vote but your name is not on the list. Get help from a poll worker to make sure your vote is counted. You may be directed to another polling place or given a provisional ballot.

I.D. - DON'T GO WITHOUT IT You may need to show an I.D! To be safe, bring your driver's liscense, or a paycheck, utility bill or government document that includes your name and street address.

WRITING ON THE WALL Look at the signs at the polling place for directions on how to use the voting machines, a list of your voting rights, and instructions for filing a complaint if your rights have been violated.

WHEN IN DOUBT, ASK Poll workers are there to help you. They'll show you how to work the machines and give you a provisional ballot if you need one.

Remember your vote is important!

From the flier I recieved in the mail (www.iowavotes.us)
 Kurgan
11-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Well, tomorrow's the big day.

Don't miss out.

May the best candidate(s) win!
Page: 1 of 1