Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DVD troubles.... :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 6:27 AM
okay, here's my problem. I bought the Stat Wars OT DVD last weekend, and I can't find the battlefront demo. :( all it gives me is a trailer of it. I want to ask you guys though, does it show different things if its in a DVD player, or in your computer? Cause my DVD is region three, but my computer is still set to region one. And since I can only change it three times I don't want to change it un-neccisarily (sp?). so, if you guys could help I really want to play this demo :)

If its on my DVD at all... :(
 Lynk Former
10-13-2004, 6:54 AM
It's an X Box demo.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:05 AM
is it possible to make the xbox demo playable some way on a pc, i.e. some software mod that allowed it to be read?
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 7:06 AM
ARG!!! hmmph... Isn't it supposed to be available on PC too? why can't they just give it to me!!!!! ;'(

are you SURE?

EDIT: haha we posted at the same time :) I agree, is there any way?
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:07 AM
i know they are all xbox demos, and mainly because x-box has a larger fps draw than the other consoles
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 7:09 AM
and to think that I had enough free cach to get one when I was back in the states :mad: *hits self repeatedly*

*passes out*

*un-passes out*

so can you convert it?

*passes out*
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:12 AM
i would presume there is some software out there that can do it, it is probably just different formatting, so all you need is something to decrypt it... hmm, you should hardwire x-box components into you pc...
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 7:16 AM
haha :P

If I had an x-box to take components from, I would just use the x-box :D

is there any FREE software that'll do it for me?

ANYTHING AT ALL???
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:23 AM
not that i know of, but the pc-box or x-pc would just be so much cooler
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 7:30 AM
anyone else know of anything??? Im desperate!!
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:41 AM
demo the game at your local everything store(i.e. walmart, k-mart, target) or at a major electronics store, and the pc is a better version, so you can either buy an xbox or demo a console version, and buy the pcversion
 Ockniel
10-13-2004, 7:45 AM
*sniff*

theres no Wal-Mart in singapore!!! :( :(

or k-mart, or target, or.......

you have the DVD squirrel?
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:48 AM
well, then i dunno what to do!
 Kurgan
10-13-2004, 2:40 PM
The only way to play the Demo is to drop the fourth DVD disc ("Bonus Materials") into your X-Box and play Endor single player.

I'd say just wait until an official PC demo comes out. By then the game should be patched up and ready to go.

Otherwise yeah, find a friend with the game or look for an in-store demo to try out.

PS: Somebody said that there's a PS2 demo floating around that you could get packed with some magazine or something.
Page: 1 of 1