Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yuuzhan Vong. What a crap is that?

Page: 1 of 2
 Rends
10-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Read the name Yuuzhan Vong a few times here or at other boards and then i had a look at EU.
After reading the short arcticle about them i thought hey who writes such a ****!
Are those storywriters so smallminded that they needed another Empire the new Republic have to deal with?
This Yuuzhan Vong crap doesnґt fit into StarWars but StarTrek or so.
Wasnґt the confusion after the DeathstarII blow up and the Death of the Emporor enough for many aftermatch stories?
Starwars have a nice Story from the beginning to the end (the movies) and donґt need such a bull**** like Yuuzhan Vong wich sounds they are coming from the Inka times.

Just my 2 cents

Rends

(sorry for some harsh words )
 ^Invader
10-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Actually after the movies you still had alot of conflict between Imperial Rebel forces such as Thrawn, and daala. But you also had alot of other creatures after the Death of the Emperor coming out of no where, I think what alot of those writers are trying to do is keep the story going :)
 Doomie
10-11-2004, 3:45 AM
Though i don't see them as real Star Wars, I still think they're a fairly good invention. I mean, how many conflicts could there still be bewteen the new republic and the Remnant? Those Remnant guys aren't stupid, and now that they're on the losing side, with no Emperor that will kill them if they even think of betraying him, more and more joined the ranks of the Nmew Republic and ultimatly, they would sign a peace treaty. That's only logical. So then they had to come up with a new enemy for the Republic to fight, and they came up with the Yuuzhan vong.
 Astrotoy7
10-11-2004, 6:26 AM
Originally posted by Rends
Read the name Yuuzhan Vong a few times here or at other boards and then i had a look at EU.
After reading the short arcticle about them i thought hey who writes such a ****!
Are those storywriters so smallminded that they needed another Empire the new Republic have to deal with?
This Yuuzhan Vong crap doesnґt fit into StarWars but StarTrek or so.
Wasnґt the confusion after the DeathstarII blow up and the Death of the Emporor enough for many aftermatch stories?
Starwars have a nice Story from the beginning to the end (the movies) and donґt need such a bull**** like Yuuzhan Vong wich sounds they are coming from the Inka times.

Just my 2 cents

Rends

(sorry for some harsh words )

wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel.... which one did you read ??? Did you actually read one, or are you just one of those "I hate it because I've never read it but it's not star wars" people :p

whether ppl like the njo or not, its here to stay, its officially sanctioned, and it was a welcome progression from endless stories about clones, superweapons and grand admirals that are so good theyre sent to the nether regions of the galaxy during the empires most crucial conflict :p

*raspberries zahn*

NJO took a step the lit EU needed to take, to develop characterisations and story foundations for a stronger EU and many future books, with and without the YV :p

mtfbwya
 ET Warrior
10-11-2004, 7:36 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel....

Be nice Astro :mad:

Just because he doesn't like NJO or the Yuuzhan Vong doesn't mean he never read the books. I don't like either of them and I've read half of the series.
So go back to your EU forum where you all can huddle over your precious NJO like Gollum and the one ring :xp:

:D
 Alegis
10-11-2004, 7:45 AM
Be nice ET :p

I don't care much about post ep 6 EU...i find pre ep I or clone wars much more interesting. Jedi's apprentice for example (qui-gon jinn and obi)
 swphreak
10-11-2004, 8:10 AM
My preciousssss. MINE!

*stabs ET with amphistaff and runs off*

I agree with astro.

Doesn't sound like he read a single book.
 PR-0927
10-11-2004, 8:24 AM
THE NJO SERIES PWN's JOO!!

Go Astrotoy7 and StarWarsPhreak! The Yuuzhan Vong were actually George Lucas's idea! Same with the NJO Series, and the introduction to Vector Prime that George Lucas considers real Star Wars.

Bow down to the Yuuzhan Vong! I read all 19 books!!

:fett:
 LightNinja
10-11-2004, 10:47 AM
i agree with Rends, they have invented many bull****s for making comics and be richs
 TK-8252
10-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Vong = worst Star Wars crap evar.
 Rends
10-11-2004, 4:10 PM
wow, with grammar and spelling like that I'm suprised you managed to read a whle NJO novel....

mtfbwya

Astrotoy,
first i want to apologize that english isnґt my first language.
And no i didnґt read the novel but the short arcticle i found at Starwars.com about the crapy Vong story. Oh iґm glad that i never wasted my time to read the novel. I realy like the stories from the old republic even if i didnґt read much about it too .
But those stories sounds more familiar and fits better into StarWars then the vong. If itґs "official" then StarWars ends for me with before they showed up :-)

Rends
 Sam Fisher
10-12-2004, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252

No, Vong different.
 Kurgan
10-12-2004, 7:09 PM

I agree.

Lucas approved it to make Jar Jar look better, obviously!
 El Sitherino
10-12-2004, 9:47 PM
Vong = worst Star Wars crap evar. exactly. The Vong had borg written all over them, and I hate the borg too. And no, I did read the entire NJO series, and it sucked and I've spent a long while purging it from my memory.
 Prime
10-13-2004, 8:57 AM
pops head in

Vong SuXX0rz!!11!!1

closes door
 swphreak
10-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Yuuzhan Vong and the entire NJO is one big heap of f***ing crap. The only people who like it are young people who don't know a flying f***ing crap about Star Wars.

Yes, I'm young and don't know a ****ing thing about Star Wars. Odds are, you're the ****ing young one here.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
 ET Warrior
10-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I think we all need to stop saying **** in here before I have to put on my angry face ;)
 ckcsaber
10-13-2004, 12:44 PM
lmfao at all of you

OH NOES!! TEH VONG R TEH SUX!! STAR WERS IS TARN3SHED 4EVER!!
 ET Warrior
10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Well excuse them for having an opinion :dozey:
 ckcsaber
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I know! How ******* rude! People these days.
 ET Warrior
10-13-2004, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
I know! How ******* rude! People these days.

Ahem...
Originally posted by Me
I think we all need to stop saying **** in here before I have to put on my angry face ;)

:xp:
 ckcsaber
10-13-2004, 2:33 PM
Angry face? Would that involve a trembling lower lip, clenched fists, and teary eyes?

In that case, RUN!! HE'S GONNA TELL HIS MOM WE WERE ALL REPLACING OUR CURSE WORDS WITH ASTERISKS!!

XD
 Sam Fisher
10-13-2004, 2:37 PM
We are totally afraid of his angry face.

No, really.
 El Sitherino
10-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I think we all need to stop saying **** in here before I have to put on my angry face ;) awww ****. :(

lighten up a bit on the generalizations chase.
:p
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 1:03 AM
Don't blame the NJO makers on the Yuuzhan Vong. They wanted to use Sith, but GL would not allow it.

Yuuzhan Vong and the entire NJO is one big heap of f***ing crap. The only people who like it are young people who don't know a flying f***ing crap about Star Wars.
NJO has torn down a lot of what's great about Star Wars and also a lot of other, way f***ing better, EU. If you're going to kill off a charater as f***ing big as Chewbacca don't do it in the first f***ing book of the f***ing series. Wait a while to get more people hooked before you drop the big f***ing bomb.

The reason that they had to kill Chewie in the first book, is because people were less likely to get hooked if they didn't. They actually wanted to kill Luke instead, but Lucas would not allow it. They did drop a bomb after people were hooked, it was that they killed Anakin Solo

And I do know a (words emmitted to avoid ET's angry face) about Star Wars. I had been an avid fan, watched the movies countless times, read every novel from Truce at Bakura to Vision of the Future, played tons of PC games, etc. long before I had even heard of Vector Prime (or anything NJO for that matter).

btw, I like NJO, but still prefer Classic and New Republic eras.
 El Sitherino
10-14-2004, 1:14 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Don't blame the NJO makers on the Yuuzhan Vong. They wanted to use Sith, but GL would not allow it. really? I heard from a lot of people that it was del rey.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 1:40 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
really? I heard from a lot of people that it was del rey.

Well, sort of. They did come up with the idea, but they would not have if not for GL. Their original idea was to use Sith as the enemies, but GL said that they could not do that. So then it was back to the drawing board, and that is when they came up with the Vong. They figured, that if they could not make the enemy a group that uses the dark side of the force, then they would make an enemy who does not use the force at all.

So you see, they are not entirely responsible.

And for those who say that GL does not care about EU, I have a thread to refer you to:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1659183#post1659183)
 Astrotoy7
10-14-2004, 2:52 AM
NJO has torn down a lot of what's great about Star Wars and also a lot of other, way f***ing better, EU. If you're going to kill off a charater as f***ing big as Chewbacca don't do it in the first f***ing book of the f***ing series. Wait a while to get more people hooked before you drop the big f***ing bomb.

hmm...I'm 29, Ive been a SW nut since 1980. Ive read 99% of teh post Ep6 EU(havent read survivors quest yet) so you must be talking f***ing s**t.... which isnt a huge surprise, really :p

ET, preshussss, well at least you read some of the books and are in a far better position to comment on why you dislike the series :) unlike others of course

Sithy, the YV are are species that view machines as abominations, they destroy machines and droids with religious fervour, rather than 'assimilate or adapt their usefulness' like the borg. I think your comparison is a little off :p

at the end of the day, to each their own ! If you dont like dont read it, and stop whinin because its as official as lit EU can get....so its here to stay :D

mtfbwya
 El Sitherino
10-14-2004, 5:03 AM
If you dont like dont read it, and stop whinin because its as official as lit EU can get....so its here to stay :D
fair enough.
 Rends
10-14-2004, 6:50 AM
To make it "EU official" doesnґt make the story better.

It looks for me that a writer needed a very common name (StarWars) for his own story just to make sure that it will be a top seller.

The Yuuzhan Vong stories might be interstings for those people who like it but the writer should have used his own imaginary world outside StarWars.
The Space is big enough :-)

Rends
 swphreak
10-14-2004, 8:50 AM
"It looks like"
"might be"

I'm going to have to ask you to read the first book, then say you don't like it. Because until you've read it, your complaints are worth zero.
 ET Warrior
10-14-2004, 8:58 AM
But MY complaints are worth five million

And I think the Yuuzhan Vong are stupid :xp:
 Rends
10-14-2004, 9:59 AM
Nope,
why should i read it if i donґt like the whole story in general.
As i wrote it earlier single stories might be well written but for me they donґt fit into StarWars.

Rends
 Sam Fisher
10-14-2004, 10:49 AM
But if you didn't read even one of those books, how can you rightly judge?
 Prime
10-14-2004, 11:08 AM
But where would the world be without wild opinions based on limited knowledge?
 ET Warrior
10-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Prime
But where would the world be without wild opinions based on limited knowledge?

Well the United States wouldn't be in Iraq right now...;)

Ba dum TCHHHHHH

:xp:
 Rends
10-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Guys,
you didnґt get the point right?
Read my first post!
I donґt like the idea that just after one empire was defeated the next one shows up around the corner...just in time.
There is enough confusion and chaos in the galaxy for the new and weak republic to deal with.
And i still have no plan to buy and read one of those books.

Rends
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Guys,
Read my first post!
I donґt like the idea that just after one empire was defeated the next one shows up around the corner...just in time.
There is enough confusion and chaos in the galaxy for the new and weak republic to deal with.

Rends

I think the readers had gotten very much sick of the typical story where some issue threatens to split the New Republic apart, and the Remnant tries to use this to make a come-back, but that unites the NR and all is right in the galaxy again (don't get me wrong, I love those stories, especially Hand of Thrawn). Other than create a new enemy or reuse plot concepts, their main choice was to right a book:

For a long time nothing happened.

The end.

And for those who do not like the nature of the Yuuzhan Vong, read Traitor or The Unifying Force, there would be too many spoilers in any synopsis gave real insight into the Vong.
 Samuel Dravis
10-14-2004, 1:01 PM
Hey guys, it's just fiction, exactly like the movies. I like reading the EU, and even the *gasp* NJO, but even if you don't, there's no reason to get angry about it. Just read something else. I think anyone who gets angry when someone else enjoys something other than the same things they do are being completely childish. Arguments are useless - just read what you like, and who cares what someone on the internet that you're never going to meet thinks anyway. :)

Thank you.

[/PSA]

*Except astro, 'cause...He lives in Australia!*
 Rends
10-14-2004, 1:54 PM
Amen

Rends
 Astrotoy7
10-14-2004, 2:40 PM
Guys,
Read my first post!

Rends

he he he. Rends, really, you should do some research before making silly comments. The YV turned up some 25 years after the ANH(IIRC).....The empire was well deferated at the end of ROTJ IMHO, thrawn was just a storm in a teacup..... :D One of the excellent things about the NJO was seeing the new republic(now called the GFFA) forge an alliance with the imperial remnant.

Also, if you have read Rogue Planet, a novel set during the time of anakin skywalkers jedi training, there is evidence in that book of events leading up to the YV invasion.

but still, you dont have to read the njo, but try avoid saying things without fully knowing about them, it will save you alot of hassle in life :p

Prime nice comment !

ET I can feel a card coming on for you sir :p

mtfbwya
 TK-8252
10-14-2004, 3:06 PM
the new republic(now called the GFFA) forge an alliance with the imperial remnant.

Imperials would never join the Republic scum.
 Rends
10-14-2004, 3:08 PM
Guys.
It wasnґt my plan to make a flamefest here!
The title of this topic just came into my mind after reading a bit about the YV story. So i wrote it.My fault.
Well iґm a Star wars fan since 1977 when i watched the first movie as a ten years old child. Star Wars is still part of my life and enjoyed me so often and now i see my son growing as Star Wars fan too :)
And thatґs what Star Wars should be. Enjoy us in parts of our life. For hours, days or years.

So i will apologize to all YV fans here!

Even if YV is not my Star Wars it might be yours.
I will accept it and i hope we can end this thread without beeing angry.

Rends
 Sabretooth
10-14-2004, 11:48 PM
My take on the Yuuzhan Vong -

I don't mind the EU. I just consider it like various theories from various people on what happened after Star Wars, before it and all around it. I never take into consideration that it did happen after Star Wars. So what happened before and after Star Wars? NOTHING. Nothing as long as GL makes a movie about it. But it does seem a bit ironical to put The Republic back to where it began, at the feet of some Galaxy-ruling bastards.

That's it from me, for now.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-15-2004, 1:09 AM
I thought we were gonna end this thread.
 Astrotoy7
10-15-2004, 2:45 AM
Well iґm a Star wars fan since 1977 when i watched the first movie as a ten years old child.

are you tellin us you're 37 yo ! shyte ! ya old bugger ! I thought you were 13 :p

mtfbwya
 Rends
10-15-2004, 2:52 AM
are you tellin us you're 37 yo ! shyte ! ya old bugger !
mtfbwya

Oh not yet!
Next week young Padawan. My 37 birthday is next week!
But in fact when it comes to Star Wars i still feel like 13 :D

Rends
 Sivy
10-15-2004, 5:23 AM
i read vector prime and i didn't like it one bit. now people tell me that the NJO gets better after that, which is probably true.
unfortunately I can’t get over how much I didn’t like VP... I just can’t read anymore books in the NJO series.

i've never been a fan of star trek and from what i read from VP, and from what people tell me, that's what the NJO has become.

which is fine if you like that sort of thing. i respect other people’s opinions. just because i think it crap doesn't mean it is crap, it just means I think its crap. tastes differ, it would be boring otherwise.
 *Yoinked*
10-15-2004, 7:21 AM
crap. tastes
*fauls to edit in:too 5H177Y for me, use this to translate* (http://www.jayssite.com/stuff/l33t/l33t_translator.html)
Never us ethose words next to eachother, even sepearted by punctuation, it is just wrong...

-Adam G.
 LightNinja
10-15-2004, 9:09 AM
that just translates from english to l33t not l33t to english :/
Page: 1 of 2