Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Possible cure for lag/cant enter servers

Page: 1 of 1
 springerscooby
10-07-2004, 1:45 PM
OK

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, if so ignore it, but having spent the last week or so being totally frustrated with really laggy servers, the ingame browser being one step above useless, and not being able to join games through ASE, I came offline, closed down as much as I could in the background ( virus scan -firewall etc ) , uninstalled battlefront ( which was patched ) , reinstalled it bit not the patch, and lo and behold I can now play through ASE with no lag, the ingame browser is a lot quicker finding the servers ( instead of an endless list of one red bar servers ) and I'm back playing multiplayer again.

Pretty crap at it mind you but that's not the point.

Just thought I'd post it as it's worked for me - might be worth a go until hopefully the devs come up with another patch that resolves these issues

Again, if it's already been said, then please ignore my insane ramblings

Chris
 Kurgan
10-09-2004, 1:31 PM
Was this your experience with the 1.01 patch or the old 1.00a patch?

Cause I hate to uninstall, and reinstall if it's just that you were talking about only the first patch.

Hopefully a new one will be out in a week or so to fix more of the problems.

Good luck Pandemic!
Page: 1 of 1