Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dumbest thing since a screen door on a submarine

Page: 1 of 1
 Autobot Traitor
09-29-2004, 7:17 AM
While browsing the net, I came accross this little attrosity. I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but some dork is trying to make himself available to hire to make skins for people. Not only are the skins freakishly overpriced and reborn reskins, but this blows the cap of the bottle of copywrite rules. Selling mods is a big no-no. Check out his site.
And who the hell would pay 14 USD for this?!
http://zoneofultima.com/ts2/designs4.jpg)

Here's his joke-of-a-site.
http://www.zoneofultima.com/ts2/)
 iamtrip
09-29-2004, 7:44 AM
Whats the point. Unless its widely distributed noone else can see it.

I'd pay $15.
 Spider AL
09-29-2004, 8:11 AM
"At TemplaStorm,.." BAHAHAHAHAHAA...

Someone needs to report him to LEC on the offchance that they'll do something to him.

He deserves it, just for calling his little cottage-cheese industry "TemplaStorm."

I'd pay $15.One born every minute. :p
 Mex
09-29-2004, 8:18 AM
Heh, I sent an e-mail to sim. I said that if he does not take that site down, he'll get sued by LEC. Can't wait to see what he does.
 Master William
09-29-2004, 9:53 AM
hahahahahahaha
 Nokill
09-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Nokill <<--sended an email to Lucas to sue the guy from this site

now he is so done for selling bad detaild skins on the net using othere ppl there idears :mad:

its good that its illegal ;)
 Neverhoodian
09-29-2004, 1:17 PM
What a joke. Did this guy really think he could get away with something like that?!

Besides, there are too many Reborn skins out there already.:p
 Rumor
09-29-2004, 1:36 PM
After reading what I could of this atrocity, you should all be banned from the internet.

That is all.
 iamtrip
09-29-2004, 2:21 PM
Rumour already bought one
 Autobot Traitor
09-29-2004, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by iamtrip
Rumour already bought one

lol

Seriously though Rumour, why are you making it like were the cons?
 Kurgan
09-29-2004, 4:50 PM
Gee wiz! Look at those prices!

And $2 for a bot file! :drop2:

What a rip off!

I mean, c'mon, seriously, he's (or they as the case may be) for the most part just editing pre-existing stuff which doesn't take that long. And these are just clan skins which means they are basically just texture edits of the Reborn or Stormtrooper anyway.

Game developers get paid for what they do (at 6 or 7 bucks a skin that's an hour to complete a skin at above min. wage), but the fact is there are plenty of skinners and modelers out there that do much better for free, and those are the rules. Taking advantage of the gullible and uninformed...
 Neverhoodian
09-29-2004, 8:22 PM
Originally posted by Rumor
After reading what I could of this atrocity, you should all be banned from the internet.

That is all.

Huh? :confused:

Uh Rumor, I hope you realize that none of us actually bought anything from this guy (or gal). I have in no way, shape or form supported this illegal (and stupid) operation.
 Nokill
09-29-2004, 9:38 PM
nobody shoud buy anything fron this guy its so easy to make this yourself why woud anyone pay $15,- if thay can learn it themselfs in 5 min :eek:

and i think he yust copy pasted soem picture probally also stolen :mad:
 Kurgan
09-30-2004, 1:39 AM
Well if some kind souls could warn this guy/gal or group before they get in trouble, that would be cool.

Anyway, point made, it's DEFINATELY NOT a site we endorse, and what's been said has been said.

Thread closed...
Page: 1 of 1