Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kill Count on the Kill Tracker

Page: 1 of 1
 Lorden Darkblade
09-22-2004, 4:10 PM
Ok, many of you hate Kill Trackers and I'm aware of it, still I use it for songs and silenced but I like to keep it to see how I'm doing.
I had some problems with my one and had to reinstall it.
Usually when you reinstall the JAM's Kill Tracker it SHOULD keep the Kills/Deaths and Duels.
Well it didnt, I think it was mentioned here that someone knew how to change those. What I want to do is, modify the Kills/Death's so that I dont lose the ones I had, I have them all in a paper. If someone could explain to me on how to modifiy that it would be very good.
Another thing that always happens in my Tracker is, when I open it I erase some messages like Kicked, Duel Started, Won and Lost.
Then I close it and open again and they are back there!
I want to know how I could fix this.

Please help me if possible.

PS.: for those who have music problems with the Tracker I found out how to fix it. Musics above 128 bit rate WONT work on it. You have to find a program that makes the bit rate smaller. I use DBPowerAMP Music Converter.
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 4:43 PM
Just to let you know, you don't need a Killtracker to listen to music while you play the game...

As far as tech support for the Killtracker, try the author of the program (does he have a website, forum, email?). That'd be easier....

Frankly I don't see the point of Killtrackers. I wish JA and JK2 had adopted NGstats like UT uses. That serves the purpose of statkeeping much better without being annoying or lag-inducing.

Hey, wait a minute you want to "modify" your kills/deaths? So you're trying to inflate your score? tsk, tsk.
; )

PS: Kudos for keeping it silent. That's more than most people do!
 Lorden Darkblade
09-22-2004, 5:07 PM
It is like I said, I have them in a paper and I want to put them back there. I knew you people would think I'm doing this just to say I killed like 10,000 but it is not.
I just want to have my statics there.
And I tryied to talk with him by email, I'll quote here his "gentle" asnwer and my email too.

My email:

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:26:55 -0300
Subject: Bugs
To: root@jamtracker.tk

I have downloaded the Tracker that doesn't seem to have bugs. Yet I found 2.
1st: Some music's don't play on it, in game or of it, you say !play name of song in game and you have the message back but it simply have no sound.
2nd: If I delete this messages: Kicked, Duel Start, Won and Lost close and open the tracker again they come back.
I check with other friends of mine that use the Tracker too and they have the same problems.
Since I never see you in ICQ, AIM or Yahoo Messenger anymore I decided to send you this e-mail.

AIM: MaerickStrongbow
Yahoo: y3o_reload

Wagner Wolkoff

His asnwer:

De: JAM
Sent: Fri, 3 de Septde 2004 16:55
To: Wagner
Subject: Re: Bugs

Firstly, i do use icq and aim but i dont particually talk to wierdos.
Next, if the message comes back as it is playing then it is playing and it is something wrong with your computer (windows media player in perticular). Finally, if the messages come back then you havnt altered them properly (ie, clicking ok). Otherwise, again something wrong with your computer (ie registry permissions). I have checked with my friends using the same kt version and they said it all works fine.
Please dont ask questions without properly checking your pc. Dont asume that the program is responsible.

I sended him another email but I never got the asnwer, here it is:

Sent: Fri, 3 de Sept de 2004 17:17
To: 'JAM'
Subject: RES: Bugs

I was just asking you dude.
Why in the hell you calling me weirdo?
I just came to you asking for help and you act like that at me?
And what you mean with registry permissions?
And YES, I click "DONE" after I change the messages but they come back.
I find very hard that 10 PC's or more have problems.

After that I thought here was the best way to call for help.
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 6:42 PM
Hmm, I see. Well I don't blame you then.

If it is (as he suggests) some registry problem, perhaps try a registry cleaner program like "Registry Mechanic."

Some of those Killtrackers also require the "Microsoft .NET Framework" installed to work properly, so maybe visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com for help.

I don't use Killtrackers so I really can't help you, sorry...
 Samuel Dravis
09-22-2004, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Some of those Killtrackers also require the "Microsoft .NET Framework" installed to work properly, so maybe visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com for help. If he didn't have the .net framework, it wouldn't even start up. Note that it is included with winXP.

To find the registry keys for the program it will probably be under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/VB and VBA Program Settings/" and the name of the program. This probably doesn't work exactly as I have said, so if you need some more help just ask.

Now for some shameless promotion!
See the link in my sig to "MCM 1.09b"? Well, it lets you listen to music in-game! No typing !play etc, just press a button and have fun! [/endshamelesspromo] :D
 Amidala from Chop Shop
09-22-2004, 9:32 PM
Yes, "JAM" is a real "gem" :rolleyes:

I tried to explain to him that a kill "tracker" didn't have to be a kill "spammer" to do it's job, but he wouldn't listen. For your amusement you can read about it here

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/JAMs_JK23_Kill_Tracker;29257x#401352)

and continued here

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/JAMs_JK23_Kill_Tracker_v10;29602x#407119)
 <-KRT->Dhart
09-23-2004, 1:27 AM
I don't use killtrackers and personely think they are stupid, but to each their own.

The only way a KT would ever be a legit utility would be if it was, at minimum, set to !silent by default.

Authors whom blaim Operating systems for the bugs in their mods are only proving their mod is inferior and totally useless.
 Lorden Darkblade
09-23-2004, 8:13 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
If he didn't have the .net framework, it wouldn't even start up. Note that it is included with winXP.

To find the registry keys for the program it will probably be under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/VB and VBA Program Settings/" and the name of the program. This probably doesn't work exactly as I have said, so if you need some more help just ask.

Now for some shameless promotion!
See the link in my sig to "MCM 1.09b"? Well, it lets you listen to music in-game! No typing !play etc, just press a button and have fun! [/endshamelesspromo] :D

And what I do? To correct this messages problem.
Cuz it seems noone knows how to add the kills/deaths again.
And it is like I said guys, I use it with the !SILENCE command so it is always silenced.
Samuel if you have ICQ, MSN, Yahoo or AIM please PM me with one of your's ID in those Message Programs so you could try to help me?
Thanks helping.

EDIT: I found it, problem is that in the registry is saved like if it is nothing there. Still, WITH the registry opened I opened and closed the Tracker adn magically the 3 messages came back again!
So, what, exactly I have to do in the registry to fix this?
 iamtrip
09-23-2004, 9:39 AM
noone cares if you killed 10000 or 1.
You dont need a kill tracker for music.

Lets lynch him

Originally posted by Kurgan:
yes.
 Kurgan
09-23-2004, 4:02 PM
 iamtrip
09-24-2004, 7:13 AM
I am considering reporting your post to the admin for messing up the formatting Kurgan.
 Doomie
09-24-2004, 9:56 AM
He IS an admin.

I don't know if it's just me, but you do seem to talk a lot about people insulting you, reporting posts and/or killing puppies in the wrong threads.
 Lorden Darkblade
09-24-2004, 9:57 AM
Could we remain on topic here?
I'm waiting for Samuel Dravis to give me a hand with the message problem.
 iamtrip
09-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Doomie
He IS an admin.

I don't know if it's just me, but you do seem to talk a lot about people insulting you, reporting posts and/or killing puppies in the wrong threads.

You're a good reader!

And my post...Its called sarcasm
Page: 1 of 1