Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars theme for my wedding and funeral

Page: 1 of 1
 Revlt Coranier
09-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I get goosebumps when ever I hear the Star Wars theme. It means so much to me. That is why I have decided to have a Star Wars-themed wedding and funeral.

Wedding
As I walk down the isle-either the Throne Room song from A New Hope or the Imperial March

As my wife and I drive away-main Star Wars theme

At the reception-Cantina band songs, and Lapti Nek, plus others

I'll have the local Star Wars costuming group come. I'm thinking tons of Imperials or Rebels lined up on either side of the isle (a la the throne room from A New Hope). Then they can come to the reception and dance!

Funeral
Now for this, I have two ideas, either my body burning while wearing some Vader armor (a la Return of the Jedi) or my body being shot into the nearest star from aboard a starship (a la Star Wars novels).

Either way, the Force Theme will be playing. The song you hear while Luke is watching Vader's body burn in RotJ.

I think these are very fitting.

Again, I'll have Imps or Rebs there and saluting as my body is done away with.

BTW, I'm gonna hire John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra to play these songs.
 Sivy
09-19-2004, 11:44 PM
my wife wouldn't let me... :(

i wanted to dress up as anakin, have the misses dress up like padme, have a carboard cut-out of r2d2 and c3p0 and have 'across the stars' playing in the background.

oh well.

hadn't thought about a star wars funeral.
and being a last dying wish nobody could refuse that!.
 Revlt Coranier
09-19-2004, 11:51 PM
I'd rather dress up as Han and have the misses as Leia. Have Chewie standing there too :P
 Prime
09-20-2004, 5:50 AM
Don't do it. You will regret it.

Then again, I never had any inclination to dress up as a SW character.
 JohnnieG
09-20-2004, 5:53 AM
I think the odds of your wife letting you walk up the aisle to the imperial march are somewhere around zero.
 Prime
09-20-2004, 5:54 AM
Originally posted by JohnnieG
I think the odds of your wife letting you walk up the aisle to the imperial march are somewhere around zero. If she has any sense at all. :)
 Sivy
09-20-2004, 6:01 AM
unless she's a star wars geek too.
 El Sitherino
09-20-2004, 6:50 AM
Originally posted by Sivy
unless she's a star wars geek too. that honeymoon must be interesting ;)
 JohnnieG
09-20-2004, 7:22 AM
Originally posted by Sivy
unless she's a star wars geek too.

a star wars geek AND a bit mentally unstable perhaps :)
 Jan Gaarni
09-20-2004, 8:02 AM
No, I think both the Imperial March (atleast definatly the Imperial March :D ) and the Throne Room music would be a wrong choice. :)

May I suggest use the Leia Theme from ESB? :)

It would be great, and definatly emotional, walking down the isle to that master piece. :)

As for the Funeral, I agree, but I would also incorporate the part where Yoda dies in that music score. I think that small piece is very powerfull.
 Revlt Coranier
09-20-2004, 4:26 PM
My friend had an idea for a honeymoon.

We're on our honeymoon, and about to do the West Side Polka (if ya know what I mean ;)) and she is lying or sitting on the bed. I put on the Imperial March as I come out of the bathroom and walk towards her. So she knows that I'm thinking, BITCH, I'M GONNA TEAR YOUR SH*T UP!.
 Lynk Former
09-20-2004, 9:32 PM
....Okay, this is getting entirely too damn sad :dozey:

and Revlt Coranier, tone it down aright.
 Rogue15
09-21-2004, 6:01 PM
i agree....so sad....

u should make a "holorecording" and do your own funeral speech. XD
 Revlt Coranier
09-21-2004, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
....Okay, this is getting entirely too damn sad :dozey:

and Revlt Coranier, tone it down aright.
Sorry sir :(

Originally posted by Rogue15
i agree....so sad....

u should make a "holorecording" and do your own funeral speech. XD
Great idea! I never thought of that!
 Kurgan
09-22-2004, 12:34 AM
My friend Darkhawk had a Star Wars themed "Groom's Cake" at his wedding. Decorated with Star Wars figures (Han Solo and Princess Leia on top for the bride & groom) and bearing "May the Force Be With You."

Needless to say this SW geek was very proud!
Page: 1 of 1