Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

disabling certain force powers in MP?

Page: 1 of 1
 gdguide
09-13-2004, 2:31 PM
Sorry if this is obvious, but is there any way in MP to block certain force powers in multiplayer? I want a game where all you can do is force jump to level 3 and then all of the saber forces.

Thanks!

Brian
 Kurgan
09-13-2004, 7:06 PM
Yes there is. Check the Dedicated Server forum and search for forcepower disable or whatnot (hope the search is working again when you see this).

There are also force power calculators out there (search the 'net) that give you the exact numbers to plug in to your server.

OJP has some more presets built in (like neutrals only or jump only) but it doesn't yet have a stable linux port.
 gdguide
09-13-2004, 7:17 PM
Hey thanks. Can this work offline just against bots too?

Brian
 Kurgan
09-13-2004, 7:23 PM
It should. The same rules you set for the server also apply to them.
 Agen
09-16-2004, 4:11 PM
Yep, there are a few calculators out there that will get you the code to use, I would find one for you, but they are easy to find.

A suggestion though, is to run something other than nf sabers ffa3, everywhere has that running. Definately no shortage and of course, the rarer the gametype or setting your server is running, the more likely players who want to play that will hop in. Too many for nf ffa'ers too choose from.

Just a suggestion, you may be running a clan server or whatever, i dunno. :)
Page: 1 of 1