Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting TIE Fighter to work under Win98

Page: 1 of 1
 Elegy
08-19-2004, 9:26 PM
I've seen a few threads out there helping people to get their TIE Fighter collector's CD running on winXP. Wondering if anyone has any solutions for those of us who aren't far enough back in the stone age to be able to just straight run the game from a fresh install, but are just far enough back to be using win98.
 Wildstar
08-20-2004, 2:52 PM
Elegy

Which version are you trying to run? The DOS version or the Windows version (the latter often coming with either the X-Wing Collectors' Series or the X-Wing Trilogy bundles)? A Windows version of TIE Fighter should require nothing special in order to run on a Win98 machine, but the DOS version might require that you edit the executable's properties to make sure it gets enough Expanded Memory (EMS) when run.
 Sith_Lord_Tim
08-22-2004, 7:02 PM
im also having the same problems. im running X-wing collecters series on windows NT. all i get when i load Tie FIghter is an Error saying Tiefighter.exe was shut down by windows. ive tryed the compatiblity setting to win95 but still no luck. any help here?
 Wildstar
08-22-2004, 8:07 PM
Sith_Lord_Tim

Did you mean NT 4.0 or Windows 2000? Because if you're trying to run it on the former operating system, it's no wonder you're having problems.
 Nairb Notneb
09-01-2004, 3:05 AM
There is another (sounds familiar) thread here that says there's a patch you can download from Lucasfiles. I haven't tried it, but I haven't had any trouble with my program.
Page: 1 of 1