Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Co-ordinated Saber Colour Mod

Page: 2 of 2
 Maxstate
08-23-2004, 6:08 AM
Oh cool!,

So Matt,

When you look from behind and you see the saber it looks like that where it begins at the hilt it has a kind of a distortion or something; it's much wider on the right side so i wanted to ask
is that due to my pc or do you have that too?

This is with the original sabers
 Colma Adawin
08-23-2004, 8:37 AM
Originally posted by Maxstate
Oh cool!,

So Matt,

When you look from behind and you see the saber it looks like that where it begins at the hilt it has a kind of a distortion or something; it's much wider on the right side so i wanted to ask
is that due to my pc or do you have that too?

This is with the original sabers

Sadly yes it does do this on mine but i've got an idea on how to sort this little problem out, if you want, i can try it but it may destroy the ' energy ' effect :( and thats why i released it, becoz it did have a more powerful effect to it.

oh and ppl, should i add my own custom stats to my lightsabres or leave it so you can enjoy the texture and a normal sabre?

please reply

MattCole
 Colma Adawin
08-23-2004, 8:50 AM
OKAY PPL, i've sorted the Heart of the Guardian,

BEFORE:

http://img37.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img37&image=Heart.jpg)

AFTER:

http://img6.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img6&image=NewHeart.jpg)

Whats your opinion?

And

Should i add Custom stats to my custom sabres? (question i posted above)

MattCole
 jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 10:54 AM
I like the new one very much.
*with steadily risiing voice* I must have them now!!! :D

As to your question, I think you should have both in one zip file.

Take the stock saber uti files and make them one option. Modify the uti files in KT to what you want, and then there will be a different option. People can use which one they want.
If I am not mistaken, this will not be a lot of extra work.

If you can't/won't do this, then the custom route. There are already standard sabers and upgrades. Yours have a different flare, visually, and as such, should have different stats.

My 25 cents.

:fett:
 Glamador
08-23-2004, 11:19 AM
NO! dont change the HotG! that was gonna be my new MotF!
 shosey
08-23-2004, 1:56 PM
Personally I like the green better! If I were releasing this, I'd put both of them out there. More options is always a good thing :)

As to custom stats, you can do whatever you want there - If I were to get them and wanted normal stats - I'd just edit the custom stats out myself. But, maybe you'd want to inclue two options there as well - its all up to you. You're the creator :)
 Colma Adawin
08-23-2004, 2:43 PM
okay, i'll make 2 folders, one with modded stats and the other normal stats, becoz of this, it will take longer. but if you lot are interested, you wont mind :p

MattCole
 shosey
08-23-2004, 5:52 PM
cool, and I like your new signature by the way ;-)
 Mono_Giganto
08-24-2004, 4:44 PM
I think we may see some custom sabers in the future, I finished sending you the tutorial Matt. Can I ask what you though of it?

I too like your new sig. ;)
 Colma Adawin
08-24-2004, 5:03 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I think we may see some custom sabers in the future, I finished sending you the tutorial Matt. Can I ask what you though of it?

I too like your new sig. ;)

im afraid im completely baffled by it, but i'll read them again and hopefully it will click :p

i also liked my sig, but aparently for some it is too big, but enough of that, its off-topic, Thanx Shosey and Mono_Giganto, Shosey, i feel your my biggest supporter, Mono, your just a Bloodly STAR!!! :D:D:D:D:D you've helped me where no-one else (who had the knowlegde and who was availiable) whould, and i thank you

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-24-2004, 5:15 PM
Well, I can look over them, try to simplifiy it a little more and send them again if you'd like. PM me if you'd like me to.
 shosey
08-26-2004, 2:16 PM
how goes the battle? If you need any assistance feel free to PM me matt - I'd be glad to give you some tips.
 Mono_Giganto
08-26-2004, 3:48 PM
I think he's doing fine. I've sent him the rest of my PM tutorial, and so far I haven't heard from him. 7 saber crystals is a LOT of work...
 shosey
08-26-2004, 4:14 PM
good to hear, and yes I agree - sure is a lot of work!

but, its good for you - it'll make you grow big and strong!
 Colma Adawin
08-27-2004, 3:31 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I think he's doing fine. I've sent him the rest of my PM tutorial, and so far I haven't heard from him. 7 saber crystals is a LOT of work...

Well, it was going well then i met, HEX :( i'm so useless at it, BUT i must Continue, i'll do it until it FORCES ME TO LEAVE HOLOWAN, Yea Right :p

the rest is going well

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-27-2004, 5:31 PM
Don't worry, everyone is messed up by hex sometimes. Keep trying, you can do it. :D
 RubADucky
08-27-2004, 9:12 PM
HotG would be even better if it's color is gold and orange. Btw, awesome job :)
 shosey
09-03-2004, 8:36 PM
how's this coming Matt?
 Lorden Darkblade
09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Very cool sabers dudes :)
I just think that the sabers you guys create in holowan should look a bit like more the sabers from the movie.
Well its just what I think....
Anyway, nice to see that you all people are still here modding KOTOR like before, even tho the KOTOR2 is upon us :D
Will the tools and items work on it?
Anyway nice to see you all.
 Colma Adawin
09-04-2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by shosey
how's this coming Matt?

not too good bud :( i've lost where i saved my files :nut: :nut:

im soo embarresed, just shows how dedicated i really am :p

and ReLoaD2K, what Tools and items were you refering to?

MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
09-04-2004, 1:38 PM
By Tool there is only one :p KOTOR Tool
Well by items I mean all of them....
 jedi_5002
09-06-2004, 1:15 AM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
By Tool there is only one :p KOTOR Tool
Well by items I mean all of them....

Don't forget KSE. It may not work with KotOR:TSL from the start (two different games, so lots of things will have to be changed in order for it to work with K2 (KT probably wouldn't have this problem)), but it is a great tool if you want to change all things about your game, without heavily modding the game with scripts and such. If you just want one item and don't want the CHEAT across your savegame image.

@MattCole (lost files)
That is why there is a search function for the computer :p. But in all seriousness, I hope you find them, as then I can use them (if I ever get back to playing KotOR :( (I have been modding a different game for my pleasure :D, that's why I haven't been around at all (though I doubt anyone noticed or cared))).

:fett:
 shosey
09-08-2004, 9:54 AM
Matt find the files :D

at least the blade images, hehe
 Colma Adawin
09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
to everyones relief, i used the magical search option on my computer, who knew :p hehe they were in my Modules folder, :D :confused: dont know how they got there.

BUT,

im afraid i ONLY have the sabre Textures (the ones that overrite all sabres (except custom ones :p))

sorry about this ppl :(

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
09-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
to everyones relief, i used the magical search option on my computer, who knew :p hehe they were in my Modules folder, :D :confused: dont know how they got there.

BUT,

im afraid i ONLY have the sabre Textures (the ones that overrite all sabres (except custom ones :p))

sorry about this ppl :(

MattCole

Well apparently I'm now helping with Hex, so it shoudln't be THAT much of a problem. :D I'll have to start sometime, when I've got time. :(
 shosey
09-08-2004, 2:20 PM
I truely wouldn't mind just the textures even :)

I think they look perty :p
 Colma Adawin
09-08-2004, 2:32 PM
I truely wouldn't mind just the textures even :)

I think they look perty :p

i believe Mono_Giganto is putting them up for me as i can upload it :(

oh Mono, dont worry about the Hex, im getting tired of modding and constantly failing at it, im not leaving, just slowing my attepmts down, work is getting me RIGHT down :(

Cya...................... whenever

MattCole

PS: id like to thank all the ppl who did there damnedest to help me, Mono, you did your best and i appriate that, T7, im sorry for letting you down, sorry bud, and Shoesy, you, you were a gr8 morale booster, thanx everyone.
 Mono_Giganto
09-08-2004, 3:22 PM
i believe Mono_Giganto is putting them up for me as i can upload it :(

oh Mono, dont worry about the Hex, im getting tired of modding and constantly failing at it, im not leaving, just slowing my attepmts down, work is getting me RIGHT down :(

Cya...................... whenever

MattCole

PS: id like to thank all the ppl who did there damnedest to help me, Mono, you did your best and i appriate that, T7, im sorry for letting you down, sorry bud, and Shoesy, you, you were a gr8 morale booster, thanx everyone.

Well okay then, but I've run into a slight problem, Matt, can you resend the mod (and my crystal) to me? I emptied out my inbox the other day and deleted it... And if you don't want me to do the hex, ok then... Sorry to hear that...
 shosey
09-08-2004, 4:49 PM
if nothing else matt, just hang out and BS - lend some insight and chatter to the scene. Thats one of my favorite things to do ;-)
 Fearless_Jedi
09-08-2004, 5:10 PM
God no please dont release those colors, you will ruin all that is good and right with KotOR. If you want to make a saber color mod how aobut just adding an orange crystal and making Heart of the Guardian (which is suppose to have a gold blade) have a gold blade. Oh and maybe a light blue sort of crystal/color would be cool to.
 Mono_Giganto
09-08-2004, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
God no please dont release those colors, you will ruin all that is good and right with KotOR. If you want to make a saber color mod how aobut just adding an orange crystal and making Heart of the Guardian (which is suppose to have a gold blade) have a gold blade. Oh and maybe a light blue sort of crystal/color would be cool to.

Let's keep the comments constructive. If you have a negative opinion, keep it to yourself. You are NOT obligated to download anything. For all you know someone may think they look cool, IE Shosey and myself.
 Mav
09-08-2004, 9:34 PM
I finally got a chance to look at these in-game, and I think they look pretty cool, but they just don't give me the lightsaber vibe, they sort of give me a colorful sword w/ a "smoke-like" glow vibe, but none the less they look great.
 Colma Adawin
09-08-2004, 10:50 PM

well its not green anymore:

http://img6.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img6&image=NewHeart.jpg)

i gave it a new colour, look on the second page

and Shoesy, dont worry bud im not leaving im just taking sometime off, i work too much, not enough play as it were :p

Mono, thanx for supporting me, and sorry again for dissapointing you.....again

MattCole
 Glamador
09-09-2004, 4:52 AM
can you plz release all of the version b/c i really really liked the greenish one!
 Colma Adawin
09-09-2004, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
can you plz release all of the version b/c i really really liked the greenish one!

well, um, :( i recently had to format my computer :( so i dont have it :( although....

Gsccc,
Lord of Banthas
En Liten Mus

have my mod files, you'd have to ask them.

Mono,

um, yea i no longer have the files so i cant send them to ya :(:(:(:(

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
09-09-2004, 3:19 PM
well, um, :( i recently had to format my computer :( so i dont have it :( although....

Gsccc,
Lord of Banthas
En Liten Mus

have my mod files, you'd have to ask them.

Mono,

um, yea i no longer have the files so i cant send them to ya :(:(:(:(

MattCole

Well, either Gsccc or myself can put them up, if he can't I can get the files from him.

And no problem I'm not really disappointed, I know hex is hard I spent 40 minutes the other day re-hex-ing the same model over and voer, and then I realized a left an "L" out of the file name! :D
 Colma Adawin
01-09-2005, 12:23 AM
SORRY FOR BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK UP

but i really need this mod....again, if anyone has it PLZ PLZ PLZ PM me, i really need the files (cant find them) i need to try sommit out with these sabres, im not too sure if it'll work, but its worth a shot.

again, please if anyone has this mod plz PM me

MattCole
 Colma Adawin
01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
okay, this is depressing, lets try sommit else,

does anyone know / remember the file name of the texture i used, becoz, i REALLY CANNOT FIND IT :(

it was like an icey / electrical shape,

plz anyone please help

MattCole
 Renegade Angel
01-10-2005, 1:34 PM
Me likey!:p
As for more feedback....
Me lovey!
Mesa wantsa!
Woah......Cool!
Hello I'm Mr. Futiojinga!
Oh...wait...that's not right!:D
 Colma Adawin
01-10-2005, 9:53 PM
Originally posted by Chains
Me likey!:p
As for more feedback....
Me lovey!
Mesa wantsa!
Woah......Cool!
Hello I'm Mr. Futiojinga!
Oh...wait...that's not right!:D

yea, mesa wants as well, im going to have another look at KT, but if anyone wants to help, details in previous post, thanx

MattCole

Progress:

swpc_tex_gui.erf ==> 100% checked (didn't find anything)
 Colma Adawin
01-13-2005, 9:10 AM
HEY PPL!!!!

just to let you know, thanx to the galante help of En Liten Muse, i now have my sabre colour mod back and will be putting them up for DL on PCGM!!!!

THANK YOU EN!!!!

so, if anyones interested, look on PCGM soon.

MattCole

PS i will be putting a link on MY FIRST POST of this THREAD.
 shosey
01-14-2005, 8:45 AM
YAY! way to go Matt!!! :)
 Colma Adawin
01-14-2005, 9:09 AM
YAY! way to go Matt!!! :)

En Liten Muse, also deserves some credit for havin my mod :p

right, PCGM wont work for me, so, i've tried LucasFiles, it will apparently will be uploaded by tomoz (i did it this morning (08:00am))
 Fearless_Jedi
01-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Nice but the lightsaber blades dont look like lightsaber blades and the colors dont look like classic lightsaber colors (though i like the silver).

Perhaps you should just add new colors instead of changing everything.

Edit: Wait a minute....how old is this thread???
 Colma Adawin
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Nice but the lightsaber blades dont look like lightsaber blades and the colors dont look like classic lightsaber colors (though i like the silver).

Perhaps you should just add new colors instead of changing everything.

tried that, TRUST ME, Mono_Giganto, bless his little cotton socks, did his DAMNEDEST (Hardest) to assist me, but i couldn't do it, but i'm thinking of releasing another version, more when i know about it myself :p

MattCole
 Colma Adawin
01-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Okay, Thanx to ChainZ.2DA i managed to upload my mod to PCGMs, heres the link:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9727/) (UPDATED)

[Force Persuade] YOU WANT THIS MOD!!!

<Background> *click

marvelous, it will also be on LucasFiles, im going to add the links to my FIRST POST for easy access.

MattCole
 Colma Adawin
01-29-2005, 9:47 AM
UPDATED MY MOD!!!!

just to let you all know

LucasFiles:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=944&PHPSESSID=cba1610f3bc54d199f93724f7353d3c0)

PCGM:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9727/)

Screenshots for my mod:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9979/)

to say im embarressed is an understatement, i cant even upload screenshots so, i resorted to .zip ing the file. sorry for my incompetance

MattCole
 ChAiNz.2da
01-29-2005, 10:19 AM
i cant even upload screenshots so, i resorted to .zip ing the file. sorry for my incompetance

MattCole
No need to feel bad my friend. It seems to be a common problem. From my very first time submitting mods at pcgamemods, I made it a point to archive the Submission Instructions. You can look at the archived page here:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/Tutorials/pcgamemods%20screenshot%20submissions.mht)

or better yet, here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/imagetutorial.html)

The reason mine is a .mht file is because it's a "Web Archive, single file" format. Meaning I have this page saved on my hardrive, with the pics inbedded in the document (no need to be connected for those of you that are on dial-up).

If you use IE, (maybe FireFox, I'm not sure) just find a webpage you like or want to save... goto File > Save As..
Under the "Save As type:" drop-down...choose ".mht" and a copy of that page, links, pictures and all, will be saved to your drive in a single file. Whenever you want to see it, just double-click and a browser window will open with said page wether you're connected to the internet or not :D

It's pretty handy to have, especially for the times you can't be online in order to make the screenies. Just follow the picture examples they give and you'll be uploading screenies like a pro...
Once you get the hang of it, you can always go back and submit screenies for previously posted mods...

**hint- I use this exact same method for the screenshots of my mods on my own website ;) I highly recommend getting the "Easy Thumbnails" program they offer for download on the page. I've used it for other things than my mods. It's a great little utility :)

Now, with all that being said...I'm going to go download my copy of your updated mod! :thumbsup:
 Colma Adawin
01-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Now, with all that being said...I'm going to go download my copy of your updated mod! :thumbsup:

good lad :xp:

but seriously, to fully enjoy my mod, you MUST have J'ando's Real Yellow Orange mod, it REALLY helps add that special sommit

also, thanx for at least trying my updated mod. your a true best friend that i dont 100% know :p

but please remember that there IS a file for the screenies

MattCole
 Janan Pacha
01-29-2005, 5:17 PM
Looking over these, all I could think was that it's a really nice concept. I especially like the white one, I think if you could somehow combine this with a normal sabers glow (thicker and bright at the core) it would have an interesting wave effect. Sort of combine the old sabers and this . . . is what I mean - in my minds eye (basing it off the brightness of the white saber) it has the potential to look very very cool.

-

As is it is not my thing, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination - just for people that like a certain kind of thing.

Good job. :)
Page: 2 of 2