Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Co-ordinated Saber Colour Mod

Page: 1 of 2
 Colma Adawin
08-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Greeting people of Holowan!!!!!

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE THE REAL YELLOW + ORANGE SABRES:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/5722/)

you MUST have this mod becoz the Orange will NOT work if you dont have this particular mod, although if you dont want the real yellow + orange sabres, just DONT install the ORANGE BLADE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED MY MOD!!!!

just to let you all know

LucasFiles:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=944&PHPSESSID=cba1610f3bc54d199f93724f7353d3c0url])

PCGM:

[url]http://www.pcgamemods.com/9727/)

Screenshots for my mod:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9979/)

MattCole
 En liten mus
08-16-2004, 12:51 PM
NICE,Briliant,awsome,great......there arent enough words to describe this......just a plain great work isent enough... :p :D :D :p :D
 Vandella
08-16-2004, 1:02 PM
Wow great job...................must resist the urg of shiny glowy things.
 Colma Adawin
08-16-2004, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by En liten mus
NICE,Briliant,awsome,great......there arent enough words to describe this......just a plain great work isent enough... :p :D :D :p :D

Thanx En Liten Mus, i really apprieate that :D:D

Originally posted by Vandella
Wow great job...................must resist the urg of shiny glowy things.

Thanx bud, you must be a Magpie, shiny objects

Okay thats TWO POSITIVE REPONSE, I NEED MORE OPINIONS!!!! :D:D:D

thx again ppl

MattCole
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 1:58 PM
They look cool...but the just don't look like Lightsabers. Hats off for your efforts, but I will probably never use these. Keep up the good work.
 Doc Valentine
08-16-2004, 2:03 PM
Worry not achillies, my side of the mod is what you see in Lightsaber Cornecopia. They have normal sabers without the dissapearing core, and Fat sabres that are fat like the ones in the Return of the jedi and Jedi Knight Dark Forces. It is a mod that lets you pick what you like and there are a Whole bunch of choices. See Lightsaber Cornecopia for MY side of the mod.

And both of my mods have the Orange sabre, no extra mod needed.
 Colma Adawin
08-16-2004, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
And both of my mods have the Orange sabre, no extra mod needed.

ah but you must've changed the colour of the Heart or the Mantle if not by J'ando's mod, or you did basicly what he did, but it doesnt matter, i know that J'ando's Real Yellow + Oragne sabres mod is required for my part of the mod.

if you wish to use my sabres (once we've released them) install the Real Yellow + Oragne sabres, THEN install my unique blades

MattCole

PS PLEASE I REALLY NEED FEEDBACK!!!
 Cerasumat
08-16-2004, 3:08 PM
Looks cool, not the kind of lightsaber i would use but nice job :)
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
PS PLEASE I REALLY NEED FEEDBACK!!!

Why?

Feedback is nice, but it is not required in order for you to publish your mod. What I suspect you're really asking for is reassurance. If that's the case, you're looking in the wrong place, Matt.

Publish your mod. Some people will download it; some people won't. Some people will like it; some people won't. That's how modding goes.

Make the mod because you like it. Apparently several other people like it too. Take that as a good sign and move on to your next project :D
 Colma Adawin
08-16-2004, 3:46 PM
Originally posted by Achillies
Why?

Feedback is nice, but it is not required in order for you to publish your mod. What I suspect you're really asking for is reassurance. If that's the case, you're looking in the wrong place, Matt.

Publish your mod. Some people will download it; some people won't. Some people will like it; some people won't. That's how modding goes.

Make the mod because you like it. Apparently several other people like it too. Take that as a good sign and move on to your next project :D

Thou hast a very good point, thanx Achillies

MattCole
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 4:16 PM
i like the avatar and rank :D:D

Thank you!
 Glamador
08-16-2004, 6:52 PM
ur HotG will absolutely be my new MotF
 Mono_Giganto
08-16-2004, 7:56 PM
You should try turning these into unique sabers Matt. My opinion is the same as Achillies, they look cool, but just not enough like lightsabers for me to replace the originals with them. If these were made into unique lightsabers, I'd love it. I can help you out if you need it. :) Just my opinion.
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 8:00 PM
Awesome... But just one thing... Heart of The Guardian looks extremely disappointed in my point of view. All others look good!
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 8:01 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
You should try turning these into unique sabers Matt. My opinion is the same as Achillies, they look cool, but just not enough like lightsabers for me to replace the originals with them. If these were made into unique lightsabers, I'd love it. I can help you out if you need it. :) Just my opinion.

Good point about making them unique sabers. There are a slew of old republic characters, planets, and/or stories that you could associate these with. Would definitely bring more to the table!
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 8:04 PM
Heart of the Guardian should be gold/yellow colored not green IMO. Mantle of the Force looks great!
 En liten mus
08-16-2004, 8:04 PM
They would be awsome customs but it would, i dont know....it would be.....well its fine as they are i think...
 Colma Adawin
08-17-2004, 2:48 AM
Originally posted by RubADucky
Awesome... But just one thing... Heart of The Guardian looks extremely disappointed in my point of view. All others look good!

i know i'm not too happy with that one myself, <thinks to self> why the hell did i do that one ?? :confused: :p

I think i may take you up on that offer :D

Good point about making them unique sabers. There are a slew of old republic characters, planets, and/or stories that you could associate these with. Would definitely bring more to the table!

Ok i'll give it a shot BUT i'm a slow learner so if anyone wishs to help me out i'd be gr8ful :D:D

MattCole

PS PLEASE HELP ME :D
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 2:54 AM
Ok i'll give it a shot BUT i'm a slow learner so if anyone wishs to help me out i'd be gr8ful :D:D

MattCole

PS PLEASE HELP ME :D

How about one of the many tutorials that can be found up in the stickies?

Come on Matt, you've been around for 3 months. You should know to look there by now :D

I don't think it could possibly be any easier than this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253)
 Colma Adawin
08-17-2004, 2:58 AM

Come on Matt, you've been around for 3 months. You should know to look there by now :D

I don't think it could possibly be any easier than this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253)

hehehe

you'd think that would'nt you :p

so everyone thinks that custom sabres will be better than overriting the originals?

MattCole
 RedHawke
08-17-2004, 3:00 AM

I agree with Achillies, Matt you should be able to make the sabers no problem! :D

And if you do get stuck then post a question on Achillies Lightsaber Tutorial thread... and you will definately get an answer! :D

[Cheering Voices]

You can do it! Matt... Matt... Matt... Matt... Matt...

[/Cheering Voices]
 stingerhs
08-17-2004, 3:02 AM
lol, matt!!! i really like those sabers. :D :D

in my opinion, for your custom sabers, make the orange saber a 'fire' saber, that way the appearance will match the description, and properties. :D
 Colma Adawin
08-17-2004, 3:08 AM
Thanks everyone! i really aprieate this :D

i only hope i can make something to remember :p

MattCole

PS this is why i love this forum :D:D:D:D
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 3:09 AM
hehehe

you'd think that would'nt you :p

so everyone thinks that custom sabres will be better than overriting the originals?

MattCole

It seems to be the concensus, but as I stated earlier, you have to make it for you.

Good luck!
 Doc Valentine
08-17-2004, 3:12 AM
Matt, im going to go ahead and pull from this, you deserve the spotlight here. You need this more than me, I am doing the biggest "mod" in KOTOR, thats enough for me.

GO MATT!!!!!!
 Colma Adawin
08-17-2004, 7:49 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Matt, im going to go ahead and pull from this, you deserve the spotlight here. You need this more than me, I am doing the biggest "mod" in KOTOR, thats enough for me.

GO MATT!!!!!!

Thats a shame :( but i hope you still release your Proper Lightsabres, i think some ppl are interested in them.

i also wish you luck on your mod (as you know :p) and i really dont need the spotlight,im good thanx :p:p

MattCole
 RedHawke
08-17-2004, 8:01 AM
i also wish you luck on your mod (as you know :p) and i really dont need the spotlight,im good thanx :p:p

*Shines a grotesquely big spotlight on Matt!*

:D
 Colma Adawin
08-17-2004, 8:11 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
*Shines a grotesquely big spotlight on Matt!*

:D

*RUNS FOR COVER*

And RedHawke, i also require your knowledge for my attempts at my Custom Sabres :p

if you could PM me on how to start *bows head in shame* i've looked at Achillies's Walkthrough and im :confused: :( please help

MattCole
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 11:32 AM
*RUNS FOR COVER*

And RedHawke, i also require your knowledge for my attempts at my Custom Sabres :p

if you could PM me on how to start *bows head in shame* i've looked at Achillies's Walkthrough and im :confused: :( please help

MattCole

Matt,

Try the Editing items using KT tutorial that I posted a link for earlier. Don't pysche yourself out on this; it's not as hard as your convincing yourself that it is.

With the work that Fred Tetra' put into this, all it takes is a working knowledge of point-and-click to make a custom item. If you can't figure it out using KT, you probably don't deserve to have a computer :D
 bneezy
08-19-2004, 1:35 AM
I'm sorry, I just got in this thread. Wow. Those are outstanding. I like the thicker cores (the juicy, not the extra juicy) and the effects on the blades. Great job!
 Colma Adawin
08-19-2004, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by bneezy
I'm sorry, I just got in this thread. Wow. Those are outstanding. I like the thicker cores (the juicy, not the extra juicy) and the effects on the blades. Great job!

thanx bud, im currently creating custom sabres at the moment, i've just started and i feel i can create my own sabre pack like Maverick187 and RedHawke, but im still learning, and Mono_Giganto is a good teacher, THANX MONO, I REALLY APPRIEATE THE HELP!!! keep it coming :D:D

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-19-2004, 3:46 PM
:)

Well then, if I AM helping you, perhaps I should load it up as a public thread when you're finished. BTW Matt, remember that you're going to have to follow my directions for each saber=7 times, THAT's where the work comes in. :)
 Colma Adawin
08-19-2004, 3:56 PM
:)

Well then, if I AM helping you, perhaps I should load it up as a public thread when you're finished. BTW Matt, remember that you're going to have to follow my directions for each saber=7 times, THAT's where the work comes in. :)

dont worry, i've got all your PM's still, and if thats what it takes, then i shall do it, it will be a gr8 learning XP and could you also PM me the next step plz :p

MattCole
 Darth_ToMeR
08-19-2004, 4:02 PM
Wow i like it. :)
i think you should make the blue and red more darker.
 Mono_Giganto
08-19-2004, 4:31 PM
LoL glad you're eager Matt, but I've got about 4 hours of homework I have to start; I'll send it when I'm done.
 Colma Adawin
08-19-2004, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR
Wow i like it. :)
i think you should make the blue and red more darker.

i'll Try Darth Tomer, i'll do it for Holowan :p

and Mono, take as long as you need, im just glad someone is willing to advise me step by step, thanx again

MattCole
 shosey
08-20-2004, 2:09 PM
wow, very very nice. I think I shall have to try these as soon as they are released! :)
 jedi_5002
08-20-2004, 10:28 PM
They do look good, and making them as custom sabers, and not changing the originals will ensure that I download them as soon as I know they are out. I will also be looking forward to those Proper Lightsabers Gsccc.

OT: What is the armor that Carth is wearing? Also, the Dual Double-Bladed Lightsabers MOD!

OnT: Again, looks good.

:fett:
 shosey
08-21-2004, 1:23 AM
here's a question, do the blades have that cool streaking effect in game, like they do in the screenshot? It kind of looks like wisps of energy coming off and looks really cool.
 Colma Adawin
08-21-2004, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
They do look good, and making them as custom sabers, and not changing the originals will ensure that I download them as soon as I know they are out. I will also be looking forward to those Proper Lightsabers Gsccc.

OT: What is the armor that Carth is wearing? Also, the Dual Double-Bladed Lightsabers MOD!

OnT: Again, looks good.

i take it you got the Dual Weapons Mod :p and the Armour Carth is wearing is RedHawke's Item Mod, thew armours is called Carth's Armour, it comes with Blasters too :D:D

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5444/) - the link, if you need it

Originally posted by shosey
here's a question, do the blades have that cool streaking effect in game, like they do in the screenshot? It kind of looks like wisps of energy coming off and looks really cool.

Sorry bud, but THEY DO :D:D:D
 Colma Adawin
08-21-2004, 3:25 PM
Okay Just to let you know, i've got the hang of Custom Properties :D:D (too me long enough:p) well i've been tinkering with some idea, and i feel i can do the same as Maverick187 and RedHawke soon :D (im too confident) but i still have some lessons to go over before i can officially Challege the Might of Maverick187 and RedHawke :p im kiddin, i only hope i can do something amazing someday, and fufil my promise to Holowan, to try and give what Holowan has given me:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127863)

MattCole
 shosey
08-21-2004, 9:44 PM
very nice matt, I can't wait to try them :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Matt, check your PMs, pt4+5 are ready for ya. :D
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Okay Just to let you know, i've got the hang of Custom Properties :D:D (too me long enough:p) well i've been tinkering with some idea, and i feel i can do the same as Maverick187 and RedHawke soon :D (im too confident) but i still have some lessons to go over before i can officially Challege the Might of Maverick187 and RedHawke :p im kiddin, i only hope i can do something amazing someday, and fufil my promise to Holowan, to try and give what Holowan has given me:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127863)

MattCole

Congratulations on your first mod, Matt!!! :D
 Colma Adawin
08-22-2004, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Congratulations on your first mod, Matt!!! :D

Thanx but its my third :p

1) New Bubble Mech Malak (dunno what i was on then)
2) New Sabre Colour v1
3) Unique Sabre Colour v2 (now doing Custom Sabres for those)

MattCole
 jedi_5002
08-22-2004, 4:38 AM
i take it you got the Dual Weapons Mod :p and the Armour Carth is wearing is RedHawke's Item Mod, thew armours is called Carth's Armour, it comes with Blasters too :D:D

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5444/) - the link, if you need it

Sorry bud, but THEY DO :D:D:D

1) Yup. I posted in the Requests sticky that if anyone wants it, they can PM me their email. Thanks for the info on the armor. I go to www.pcgamemods.com/6) regularly, so finding it wouldn't be any sort of problem, but thanks for the linkage anyway.

2) :lol:

And again, They look great (except the HotF (it looks nice, but you already have a green one)). You could make it pink (themed), or......... well that is the only color (theme) I can think of right now, that might be good for a saber. Feel free to use my idea, or reject it because you already have one (and then you can tell me what yours is :D).

One last thing. Do you have an idea of when they will be out? Minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks? After KotOR:TSL :p?

PS What I mean by color (theme) is you could make it that color, or a theme based upon that color (with the color being in it in some major way)
 Colma Adawin
08-22-2004, 5:38 AM
well concerning the HotG, i also believe it was, Rap with a captial C (C RAP) :p i was 'informed' to try Yellow, but, instead i will try Pink and Yellow, then let you lot decide

and anytime you need help, i'll do my damnedest (best) to help you.

MattCole
 jedi_5002
08-22-2004, 7:30 AM
well concerning the HotG, i also believe it was, Rap with a captial C (C RAP) :p i was 'informed' to try Yellow, but, instead i will try Pink and Yellow, then let you lot decide

and anytime you need help, i'll do my damnedest (best) to help you.

MattCole

Do you mean pink and yellow (combined)? Or do you mean a pink one and a yellow one, and we get to choose which one to keep?

If the former... That will :rock:... Well... Maybe. I'd have to see it (actually I have to see it whether or not you mean it like that).
If the latter the I choose pink, because then an idea of mine will be featured in a mod that will be realeased :mult1:. Yay! :emodanc:
(I like using emoticons (especially animated ones))

Alright I am getting too silly (and too OT), so enough out of me. I will go and find something else to do, for now. *looks over next to mousepad*

Mmmmm....... :guiness: *drool*

I re-read your post and realised what you meant (the second one of my questions), the reason I didn't change the post, is because I like it the way it is (it is kinda funny IMO) and it makes sense the way it is ("If it ain't broke, don't fix itl;" That part wasn't broke, so I didn't fix it). Plus I would like to see the first one of my questions as well. Then we would have 3 options instead of 2, and that is always a better thing.

*edit - removed lenghty spammy part of this post - D333 *
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 7:54 AM
:confused: i'm gonna be scolded by a lot of people here but i actually like the original sabers but that's just me the only thing that bugs me is that when you look at it from the front it looks like the perfect saber but from behind it looks thin and irregular?

So they ARE good but i wouldn't download em
 Colma Adawin
08-22-2004, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
:confused: i'm gonna be scolded by a lot of people here but i actually like the original sabers but that's just me the only thing that bugs me is that when you look at it from the front it looks like the perfect saber but from behind it looks thin and irregular?

So they ARE good but i wouldn't download em

Dude, no-ones going to scold you here, your entitled to your opinion here, i asked for feedback, both positive and negitive, you have just given me your views on the subject, and i apreaite the fact, and instead of me overriting the the other blades im currently, with Mono_Giganto's help, creating custom sabres with no custom stats, i want to make my first mod, as if they were the Original sabres but with my textures then you can have whatever texture you want for the Original lightsabres.

thanx ppl for the feedback

MattCole
Page: 1 of 2