Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aliens vs Predator [SPOILERS]

Page: 1 of 2
 BurnsU
08-13-2004, 1:25 AM
Anyone else excited to see this?

Who does everyone think will win, Aliens or Preds?

Or Humans :rolleyes:
 reelguy227
08-13-2004, 1:31 AM
avp is going to be one of the best movies of all time .im seeing first showing on friday ,go predator!!!
 BurnsU
08-13-2004, 1:41 AM
I'm seeing 1st or 2nd showing on friday.

I can make a great guess on who will win with my knowledge.

In Aliens vs Predator 2 ( The game ), the preds did really bad against aliens, since they can see preds even with cloaking.

And predators aren't as fast as aliens, meaning the aliens can serve them something fierce.

But you see, there are also humans, and in every movie, a human or 2 ALWAYS lives.

This means aliens will own the preds and humans will still be alive.

2 possible endings I bet:

Aliens beat Preds, 1 or 2 humans escape.

OR

A predator nukes everything to hell with his nice little nuclear device and NOBODY wins.

Of course I could be totally wrong....

Anyone think the predalien could make an appearance?

I mean come on, im sure theres a pred and an alien who are in deep love with eachother and decide to "make" a predalien:p
 Jed
08-13-2004, 2:04 AM
I heard the movie sucks, and it's only PG-13. I'm not sure if I'm gonna see it :\
 ZBomber
08-13-2004, 2:09 AM
Originally posted by Jed
I heard the movie sucks, and it's only PG-13. I'm not sure if I'm gonna see it :\

Yes, this movie sucks. Now, let's debate about God!!!

:rolleyes:
 coupes.
08-13-2004, 2:11 AM
Yeah... God will own the aliens and predators.

Seriously, this movie looks like crap.
 BurnsU
08-13-2004, 2:19 AM
You cant judge a movie before it comes out just go see it before you call it crap.
 coupes.
08-13-2004, 2:43 AM
Originally posted by BurnsU
You cant judge a movie before it comes out just go see it before you call it crap.
I said it looked like crap, I didn't say it was crap.
 El Sitherino
08-13-2004, 3:17 AM
I am a bit optimistic after hearing that the guys who did the special fx hate CGI, so it's not a CGI fest. But I'm still a bit 50/50 on it.
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-13-2004, 3:52 AM
I thought this movie looked pretty stupid... There's just nothing intelligent about it. It's like ... yeah, putting Freddy vs. Jason, 2 things that existed in totally different story realities and putting them together so that they can make some $$$. What's next, Power Rangers vs. Voltron??? (now THAT would be sweet.. Voltron would kick their asses)

I'm sure it'll be visually appealing and super neat to watch, I just find the concept pretty lame.(yes, I know they made video games before the movie.)
 ET Warrior
08-13-2004, 3:55 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Yes, this movie sucks. Now, let's debate about God!!!

I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard :D
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-13-2004, 5:09 AM
Going for Preds all the way
 Xirion
08-13-2004, 6:53 AM
on a side note that AvP game is scary as hell :P
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-13-2004, 7:08 AM
Originally posted by Xirion
on a side note that AvP game is scary as hell :P

Havent played it.So I wouldnt know
 Xirion
08-13-2004, 7:09 AM
AvP 2 as a marine, goddamn!
 yaebginn
08-14-2004, 9:14 PM
I like Predator, I just saw it again atfer many years and that movie rocks hard. Thats why hes the governor. Cause films like that. Zbomber, that was hilarious. Why is it aline vs predator? arent they both aliens? I mean... whats the deal. the humans are gonna win, durr. They always do. They may invent some weird thing to take them out. but the humans will probly not lose, like it says in the trailer. we never do.
 ZBomber
08-14-2004, 9:46 PM
I thought it said, either way we lose? :confused: I've only seen the trailer like twice though, so I could be wrong....
 yaebginn
08-14-2004, 9:52 PM
yeah, it did say that. I worded it funny, but I said, 'The humans will probly not lose, like it says in the trailer' meaning the trailer is probly wrong and we probly wont lose. I might rent it, but defintely not see it in te theatres. I wanna see...The Village, Collateral, and Napoleon Dynomite in theatres. I dont have time to waste on movies I am not very interested in. Those go in my rent pile.
 ET Warrior
08-14-2004, 10:07 PM
I get into the theater in my hometown for free, so I go see whatever movie strikes my fancy, and I will see A v. P tomorrow night.

Thats why hes the governor. Cause films like that.

:eyeraise: Indeed, as America is full of people who think that popularity and ability to act in a movie is enough to warrant becoming a high ranking government official. :dozey:
 yaebginn
08-14-2004, 10:16 PM
you know it. hey, how do you get in for free? do you work there? I might consider working there if that is so.
 reelguy227
08-14-2004, 10:27 PM
AWESOME MOVIE !!!! I saw it today ,I dont know why everybody is complaining about it ,the acting wasnt the best but it wasnt the worst, and there wasnt to much cgi work done ,so thats nice ,it didnt look fake. The director said that he didnt like cgi to much ,so he stuck to the old fashioned people in costumes way .It turned out great ,I think !!!! ;) I loved the first two alien movies and both of the predator movies ,and this one does match up to them . Its great !!! :cool:
 yaebginn
08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
sign on AIm and tell me the ending
 ZBomber
08-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Even better, post it in spoiler tags. I'm curious too. ;)
 yaebginn
08-15-2004, 10:25 AM
he told me over aim.
 ZBomber
08-15-2004, 2:31 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
he told me over aim.

post it here in the spoiler tag please.

That would be:

Put the ending here

It'll come out like this:

Put the ending here
 yaebginn
08-15-2004, 3:28 PM
1 sec

no one wins and there will be a sequel
 ET Warrior
08-16-2004, 3:08 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
you know it. hey, how do you get in for free? do you work there? I might consider working there if that is so.

I am good friends with the owners of the theater, and I've helped work there when they need it. Plus I'm dating a girl who works there. But if I was a fulltime employee I'd get in for free aswell.

I saw it tonight, and I'm just a little meh on it. It was okay, but it could have been SO MUCH better. The ending was so lame I wanted to cry.

I sincerely hope they do NOT make a sequel, because it will probably expand on the crappy parts of this one and remove the cool parts
 reelguy227
08-16-2004, 12:59 PM
what was so lame about the ending ?it was awesome!! that movie was just as good as the first predator ,i dont see why everybody hates it so much ? any true alien or predator fan would love the movie .
 ET Warrior
08-16-2004, 3:19 PM
Originally posted by reelguy227
any true alien or predator fan would love the movie .

Not true, I liked this movie okay. I did not love it, though I am a big fan of the originals. The ending was lame and cheesy.

OMG WE ARE FRIENDS NOW HAVE A SPEAR! :rolleyes:
 ckcsaber
08-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Yeah, this movie sucks. It utterly sucks.

WTH did any of you expect? It did what it promised to do. Suck arse.
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

OMG WE ARE FRIENDS NOW HAVE A SPEAR! :rolleyes:

if yu are a fan of the originals than ,OMG PREDATOR 2 WAS DUMB BECAUSE ,HE WAS FRIENDS ,HE GOT A GUN .
 ckcsaber
08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by reelguy227
if yu are a fan of the originals than ,OMG PREDATOR 2 WAS DUMB BECAUSE ,HE WAS FRIENDS ,HE GOT A GUN .

Seriously man. It's spelled "you". Every post you make, you manage to **** up the "you". Howsabout you take an extra moment to spell it right for f***s sake'.

And they guy in Predator 2 "won" the fight with the predator. The gun the predator gave him was a trophy for his victory. Not an idiotic sign of friendship.
 ET Warrior
08-18-2004, 1:05 PM
I also thought it made no sense how no matter how often that lady set down her shield/spear and DIDN'T pick it back up, she had them BOTH in the fight against the queen. :dozey:
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber

And they guy in Predator 2 "won" the fight with the predator. The gun the predator gave him was a trophy for his victory. Not an idiotic sign of friendship.

ya ,the girl in this one managed to kill the queen,she got the spear mainly because of that ,and because she had the sign of the warrior on her cheek .
 ckcsaber
08-18-2004, 2:51 PM
Yeah, the "sign of the warrior". Real original. Almost as good as the "Sign of the Stonecutters" on Homers ass.
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 2:54 PM
Who cares what you say ,I loved the movie regardless of all of its supposed flaws .

And stop telling me how to write my posts ,you dont use words like **** to others on a public forum its just not right . If I want to write the word yu ,ill write yu ,as many times as I want ,ok .
 ckcsaber
08-18-2004, 3:32 PM
It gets annoying to see you make the same spelling mistake over and over again. Especially with a word like you.

:indif:
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 3:41 PM
its not a mistake cks,im doing that purposefully ,its not the way i write in real life ,its just the way i chat online ,or on forums. its easier not putting every letter in ,its faster typing to get your point across ,i know how to spell you ,its just im not in the mood to spell it like that online ,its the way most people i know chat or type online.
 ckcsaber
08-18-2004, 3:51 PM
Yeah, that damned "o" sure is a bitch to reach for when typing. Damn, a 10th of a second wasted.

One question. Since you have abstained from the letter "o" in typing "you" because you want to type faster to get your point across, why the hell do you use so many comma's? Most of them are unnessecary.

its not a mistake cks,im doing that purposefully ,its not the way i write in real life ,its just the way i chat online ,or on forums. its easier not putting every letter in ,its faster typing to get your point across ,i know how to spell you ,its just im not in the mood to spell it like that online ,its the way most people i know chat or type online.

I count seve-- No! Eight comma's used there.

I guess you're deluded view on typing is very selective. No "o's" in "you" and excessive comma use.

Sorry to be so anal about it, but admit it. The "o" is too good for you, so you have to compensate by using too many comma's. Admit the truth, or forever hold your shame!
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 4:05 PM
Is this better !!!!!!!!!!!YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU . Why do you care so much ,is it hurting you in any way ,shape ,or form ?

I mean come one .YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU
 ckcsaber
08-18-2004, 4:08 PM
roflmao

Thank you.
 jack "odc" one.
08-18-2004, 4:15 PM
There are so many "o"s in your posts, why not the you "o" too? Or, why not leave the "y" away too and just write "u"? Also, while we're at it (and someone said it already): it goes <comma> <space> and not <space> <comma>.
And so on.
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 4:47 PM
One question, Why in the hek do you people care about how I type ,is it hurting or affecting you in any way shape or form? Jeez.
 jack "odc" one.
08-18-2004, 5:04 PM
Must it hurt so that we care? Couldn't we just care witout being 'hurt'?
Do we really care? Do i really care? Neh.
It's just that it is a common way to write things and i thought i point that out. NOT that i CARE, where are you thinking.
After all i'm just doing conversation. Is that hurting you?
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 5:24 PM
Critiqueing the way people write isnt conversation. No its not hurting me ,but its annoying hearing you guys talk about the way I write .
 jack "odc" one.
08-18-2004, 5:31 PM
A lot of things are annoying to hear. Funny that you point that out.

But let me assure you i don't really care, please go on.
 ET Warrior
08-18-2004, 6:15 PM
Alright kiddies, lets rope this thread back onto the topic of Alien Vs. Predator and off of Grammar class :D

although I do agree that internet shorthand is annoying to read in a forum. Since it's not instant messaging, you can take the time to properly type out your posts. :)

And, even though this is off topic, I feel that it is a pertinant point in an ongoing debate....

Originally posted by Reelguy227
Is this better !!!!!!!!!!!YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU . Why do you care so much ,is it hurting you in any way ,shape ,or form ?
Why do you care so much about homosexuals getting married, is it hurting you in any way, shape, or form? ;)

ON topic - I will agree that the action sequences in AvP were pretty cool, but they were few, and not that long. I was pretty disappointed in the fact that there were only THREE predators, and the first two died REALLY quickly. Then there was only one left, who was obviously the badass of the three, though he didn't even accomplish that much.
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 6:45 PM
Et,since when did I talk about homosexual marriage to you ?;)

I think your confusing me with yaebginn again .;) And plus,I said I was done debating ,end of story.

Now ,back on topic ,do you agree with me that that movie was as good as the first predator ET ? There were only 3 because they were the ones that had to undergo the right of passage ,and the last one was the most powerful ,he held his own against all the other Aliens and Queen .The other two just died right away.
 ET Warrior
08-18-2004, 6:49 PM
It's in your sig ;)

And no, this movie was nowhere near as cool as the original predators. I'd say it was as good as Alien Resurrection :dozey:
 reelguy227
08-18-2004, 7:54 PM
yes it was ,it was the same exact equipement and gear that the original used ,same exact look ,and same exact sound .whats the diff with these preds?

and plus the first predator was basically a war movie for like the first hour ,the good stuff wasnt until the predator and arnold fought at the end . the second predator was almost better because you see him and all of his gadgets almost right away .
Page: 1 of 2