Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aliens vs Predator [SPOILERS]

Page: 2 of 2
 ET Warrior
08-18-2004, 10:45 PM
I didn't say the predators were different, I said the movie sucked. A movie is more than just the costumes and props in it.
 reelguy227
08-19-2004, 12:24 AM
I never said the movie was just the costumes and props in it .

I thought it had a great story line ,if you read the comics and the books about the Aliens vs the Predators ,the Predators take Aliens and breed them to hunt them on more planets than just Earth.
 ET Warrior
08-19-2004, 12:56 AM
It matters not if they do it on other planets, it still wasn't a cool story. The PREMISE of it is really neat, but the exucution was lacking. Lacking a LOT.
 ckcsaber
08-19-2004, 9:53 AM
This movie could have been good. Actually, all it needed to get a decent mark in my book was to be all gore and violence. I mean, the story was screwed when they brought in the pyramid in the middle of Antarctica.

If they just put in senseless gore and violence between the 2 monsters, it would have been all right with me. Even if the idiot director had the humans as the last species standing.

But Anderson tried to get the best of both worlds, which is impossible to do with a gore-fest. You can't make a gore-fest pg-13. And a gore-fest was, IMHO, the only way Anderson could have made this movie decent.
 ET Warrior
08-19-2004, 2:17 PM
I agree 100%. They needed MORE Predators, more aliens, and it would have been nice to see a group of predators going after a group of aliens, with humans in the middle every now and again getting heads ripped off :dozey:
 ckcsaber
08-19-2004, 2:24 PM
Exactly!

<.<

>.>

Hey, if I'm going to see a movie with "VS." in the title, I expect violence! This movie couldn't even come through with that, for the most part. I want to see a chestburster BURST OUT OF A CHEST. Not a ghey cutaway to keep the pg-13 rating.
 reelguy227
08-19-2004, 7:09 PM
Unlike you guys ,I dont need gore and violence to keep me entertained . I thought the story was great !!! I could care less what you guys say about it .

Yes it could have had a few more Predators in it ,but the whole point of it was to have 3 in it, because only 3 at time could take part in the rite of passage. But more Aliens ,come on ,there were enough .

I still think its a great movie !!! One question ,was the first Predator a gore fest ? How come you guys liked that one ?
 El Sitherino
08-19-2004, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by reelguy227
was the first Predator a gore fest ? How come you guys liked that one ? yes, it was. RIPPED THE SKULL AND SPINE OUT OF THE BODY!
and I loved it too. :D
 Crazy_dog no.3
08-19-2004, 7:24 PM
The first Predator WAS a gore-fest. Maybe not as much as Cannibal Holocaust or Friday the 13th part 205700, but look at this:

-Skinned bodies? Check.
-Gunshot to head w/ blood splattering? Check.
-Guy sliced with Predator's wristblades with blood going everywere, then bieng turned into a bloody mess? Check.
-Chest blasted open with Predator's gun? Check.
-Poor little piggy getting graphically stabbed? Check.
-Head blown apart with predator's gun? Check.
-Arm blown off? Check.
-Spine ripped out? Check

Maybe you saw the edited-for-TV version. :p
 ET Warrior
08-19-2004, 7:25 PM
Unlike you guys ,I dont need gore and violence to keep me entertained .

I only need gore and violence to be entertained if I'm watching a movie whose entire purpose seems to be...you know....gore and violence.
 El Sitherino
08-19-2004, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I only need gore and violence to be entertained if I'm watching a movie whose entire purpose seems to be...you know....gore and violence. prezactly!
 yaebginn
08-19-2004, 9:41 PM
Predator 1 rocked. I mean, I didnt even like the predatore part all that much. the strike team part where they assaulted that base at the beginning rocked. good film
 ET Warrior
08-20-2004, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
Predator 1 rocked. I mean, I didnt even like the predatore part all that much. the strike team part where they assaulted that base at the beginning rocked. good film

So...you're talking about the original predator? Or AvP? Because I agree, Predator rocked hard.
 reelguy227
08-20-2004, 1:50 PM
AvP rocked hard also ,in my eyes that is ,and in the eyes of almost 2,800 reviewers on yahoo.com . One question ET,If Predator 1 wouldnt have had gore would it have rocked hard also ? And like I said ,Predator 1 was basically a war movie for the first hour .
 ET Warrior
08-20-2004, 2:06 PM
Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_vs_predator/) disagrees with you Reelguy :dozey:
 reelguy227
08-20-2004, 2:17 PM
Well Rotten Tomatoes is full of crap ET. 3,101 disagree with you ET ,http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/drv?mid=1808496111&s=rt_d:dozey):
 El Sitherino
08-20-2004, 2:32 PM
rofl, own'd by smilies and tags!

Predator 1 rocked all ass, Predator 2 rocked a lot of ass, but at a lesser extent, AVP was just... kinda lacking in a lot.
 Kuuki
08-20-2004, 2:34 PM
imho, Aliens (alien 2) was by far the best alien movie :)

hell i'd watch that over P2 :D
 El Sitherino
08-20-2004, 2:37 PM
I loved Aliens.

"get your hands off her you bitch!"
"they mostly come out at night, mostly"
XD

just so many fun quotes and such.
 ckcsaber
08-20-2004, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
just so many fun quotes and such.

Game over man! Game over!!
 reelguy227
08-20-2004, 8:07 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith

AVP was just... kinda lacking in a lot.

no it didnt IMHO . I loved it ,it was no different than pred 1 or 2 in action sequences.
 Virtuosis
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Predator 1 did rock way hard. Way more than AvP did, waaay more.
 yaebginn
08-25-2004, 12:28 PM
yeah, I liked the coordination and stealth and stuff when the ytook put that outpost more than anything. that was cool.
 reelguy227
08-25-2004, 2:36 PM
I still think AvP rocked as hard as the other ones. I just dont get why people dont like it ,aside from it having no gore?
 DarthDurp
08-25-2004, 5:59 PM
and there wasnt to much cgi work done ,so thats nice ,it didnt look fake.

ummmm.......yeah, cause you know, we see non-fake aliens roaming around in the wild and everything..........
 DarthDurp
08-25-2004, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3
The first Predator WAS a gore-fest. Maybe not as much as Cannibal Holocaust or Friday the 13th part 205700, but look at this:

-Skinned bodies? Check.
-Gunshot to head w/ blood splattering? Check.
-Guy sliced with Predator's wristblades with blood going everywere, then bieng turned into a bloody mess? Check.
-Chest blasted open with Predator's gun? Check.
-Poor little piggy getting graphically stabbed? Check.
-Head blown apart with predator's gun? Check.
-Arm blown off? Check.
-Spine ripped out? Check

Maybe you saw the edited-for-TV version. :p

You forgot one.

Corny tough guy one-liners by Arnold? Check.
EX. When he throws a knife through a guy and he gets stuck to the wall, Arnold says "Stick Around!" You just can't beat that.
 yaebginn
08-25-2004, 7:29 PM
lol, yah that was conry. It was almost as conry as the latest Bond movie, Die another Day. 'Heres the punch line' Man, Pred 1 was good.
 reelguy227
08-25-2004, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by DarthDurp
ummmm.......yeah, cause you know, we see non-fake aliens roaming around in the wild and everything..........

People complain about SW looking to CGIish and fake ,so thats what I was pointing out ,that the aliens didnt look fake.
Page: 2 of 2