Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to detect an aimbot user

Page: 1 of 1
 ibuycoke2
08-09-2004, 6:47 PM
Does anyone know how to detect someone using an aimbot?
 Kurgan
08-10-2004, 12:36 AM
I know of no real way to detect this. If such a thing exists for JA (I've heard rumors) it must be very rare.

Most people will tell you that aimbots in this game really wouldn't make much of a difference (since most of the shots don't hit instantly, move slowly and can be dodged, blocked or pushed away).

About the only place it would be a real problem would be in a mod like "Instagib." For example bots in that game (if given perfect aim) become a MAJOR PAIN, at least according to Amidala who likes to run that mod, and I believe it! ; p

About the only thing for now would be to ask the person, and record a demo to look at later. It would be very hard to tell, and I wouldn't jump to conclusions assuming people have them and throwing accusations around. It'll just make you look like a sore loser.

Now if the person admits they have one, well that's something else entirely...

Still, calling somebody a cheater is never a good thing to do, unless you have definate proof.
 ibuycoke2
08-10-2004, 11:49 AM
And I am running a instagib server so that is why I asked. I know most of the palyers and know they are just good. I was just wondering if there was a way to detect it afterwards like through the log or a program. And yes I have created a bot with almost perfect aim lol.
Page: 1 of 1