Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable RedHawke Released!

Page: 1 of 4
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 4:22 AM
New Version 1.4 Released 8-06-2004

Well after doing a lot of this! :headbump

I have finally finished my first recruit mod!
The NPC even comes with her own unique equipment!
The giveitem codes are in the readme.

Available Here! :lightning (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

She's a fiery redhead with glowing green eyes, a very powerful Neutral Force User, as well as a powerful full-conversion cyborg!

Nanotecnologically Enhanced Tissue over a Hyper-Alloy Endo-Skeleton!

She is as close as I could get to a KOTOR version of my 14 year vetran PnP WEG Star Wars D6 RPG character. And her name is where my screen name comes from.

Here are her force power Die Codes in that PnP RPG system; (The codes in parenthesis are with her Sith Talisman Technology, using a Force Nexus Crystal)
-----------------------
Control - 14D+2 ( 17D+2 )
Sense - 15D+2 ( 18D+2 )
Alter - 13D+1 ( 16D+1 )
-----------------------

With Darth333's awesome tutorial/help/idea this recruit mod does some cool things;

First through the recruitment Dialogue with her you can choose the NPC you wish her to replace. Except for Bastila and Carth. :D

Second I have added four Journal Entries for her as well as a dialogue so you can talk to her a few times, you can even talk to her after you find out who you really are. :D

And Lastly she has a scripted exit in the game, one that varies ever so slightly if you are light side or dark side. You'll just have to play it and see! :D

Thanks to Svцsh, RedHawke uses the cool Evil Bastila Texture as her clothing texture,

She comes with a set of unique Crimson Revan Robes, hood up no mask, as well as a set of similar attributed Clothes, using Svцsh's texture, with the same attributes so you can have her wear either one you want. I love them both! Thanks Svцsh!!! :D

This mod also contains files in a subfolder that will make this mod compatable with My other item mods and Revan The White mods.

Also a .KMM file is included to make this mod useable with Cchargins Kotor Mod Manager or KMM program.

I hope you all enjoy it! :D

Update History
---------------------------------
V1.1 - Fixed an portraits.2da error.

V1.2 -
- Fixed a possible crash problem on Unknown World when Juhani or Jolee has been replaced.
- Removed the option of replacing Jolee Bindo, as he is required to complete the Unknown World Temple.

V1.3 - Removed a duplicate RedHawke NPC upon exiting the temple if Juhani is replaced.

V1.4 - Thanks to a good question by IAmAJedi13 at pcgamemods, I corrected a Missing NPC breaking the 'Carth running off' Dialogue on Unknown World, when going Darkside.

Patches
---------------------------------
For if you killed Juhani and want to put RedHawke in that slot I am attaching a fixed dialog file just extract it over the previous one in override. It is just a quick and dirty fix to the dialog so the line about Juhani will still be present. ;)
 Xephyrus
07-30-2004, 4:44 AM
Wow, very nice job!
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 4:49 AM
Originally posted by Xephyrus
Wow, very nice job!

Thanks Xephyrus! :D
 Xephyrus
07-30-2004, 4:57 AM
Quick question, will have you to start a new game to replace characters or can it be done in a game prior to the installation of the mod?
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 5:08 AM
Originally posted by Xephyrus
Quick question, will have you to start a new game to replace characters or can it be done in a game prior to the installation of the mod?

As long as you have Not been to Manaan in your game yet there should be no problems! :D
 Mav
07-30-2004, 5:38 AM
First of all I would like to say Congradulations, because I know how hard and how long you have worked on this and it is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment, it is innovative and a breakthrough for modding I believe. Mav and Mav's little friend = :ewok: give it two thumbs up, excellent job.

I salute you RedHawke,

Mav
 jedi_5002
07-30-2004, 6:09 AM
First off I would like to say great job, and I am currently downloading it as of writing this... and finishing it. Rarely does one see this much put into a mod.
From reading your description, I just have to say :drop2: and GREAT work.
Mav only gave it two thumbs up. I, however, give it ****** out of ***** stars (for those of you that can't count that's 6 out of 5 :D), :thumbs1::thumbs1: (4 thumbs up), a round of :clap2::clap2:, etc. Okay, MAYBE I went a littlle overboard... or not. RedHawke can be the judge :D. :cheers: RedHawke on a job well done.

Part of the reason I'm so happy is because with this post I will no longer be Bantha Fodder, I will be *drum roll* A PIT DROID... Well it's better than being bantha FOOD (happy mav). That and it's 05:00 here.

OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

:fett:
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 6:13 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
OT: Does anyone else stay up this late, or is it just crazy ol' me ;)?

It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D
You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D
 Mav
07-30-2004, 6:18 AM
OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

@ RedHawke

Okay so the globalcat.2da file will be easy to edit...Thank God...LOL, cause I know I have a lot more work to do to get this to work for me...lol

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 Jackel
07-30-2004, 6:29 AM
Sounds and looks good. Ill grab a copy tomorrow.

And its currently 10:21 PM thursday night here.
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 6:57 AM
Enjoy the mod everyone! :D

Now I must use that soft furnature object in the other room, the one that restores fatigue and instills vitae!
 Darth Dex
07-30-2004, 7:49 AM
Redhawke, you rule! Great mod!
 nacho35
07-30-2004, 9:49 AM
I loved your item mods and I have waiting for someone to make a great NPC female. This is it! Won't be able to try it for a couple of days but If the mod works as good as your item mods, I'm sure it will be outstanding as well. It looks like I am going to have to finally learn how to combine Appearance 2DA files. So far, I have managed to "put that off" but the PC I use will conflict with this mod if I don't.

I plan to read the tutorials but there may be a noob question pop up in a couple of days.
 Glamador
07-30-2004, 2:30 PM
this thing is reallly great! i havnt tried it yet but it sounds wonderful...does it have voices?
 jedi_5002
07-30-2004, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
It's 3 am here... so you are not alone! :D

And thank you jedi_5002 for the compliments! :D
You downloaded it at the right time too, because of Mav's questions I caught a mistake in 1.0, there was no portrait in a normal game... DOH!!! I had one little number wrong. :D

So I am not the only one who is completely off his (or her) rocker... *crickets chirping*... Ok, so I guess I am. At least I'm not the only one who stays up 'til the wee hours of dawn... *crickets chirping* (03:00 is not dawn). Oh well... it makes me... unique... :).......... :(.......... :cry7:...........

You are welcome. Nope I downloaded 1.0, so I'll just mosey on over to pcgamemods and download 1.1 (have done this).
Ahhh, computers. So stubborn (more so than me) they won't do what you want if it is the slightest bit wrong.

Originally posted by maverick187
OT: Give me a break jedi_5002 I only have 2 thumbs SHEESH...lol. It's 12:00 am here and I stayed up as late as 3:00 working on mods before. Oh and just so you know fodder is a type of food not s***, so you were Bantha Food not Bantha s*** :)

Edit: I deleted two of my posts as to de-cluterize your thread, sorry, oh but I left this one so jedi_5002 knows waht fodder is..LOL :lol:x5

No, I will not give you a break. Giving it only two thumbs up, when it is of clearly higher workmanship... blah blah blah blah blah... You should know better. :p j/k

Not as late as me (05:00, sometimes all night (I have few responsibilities currently (17, no job, no school (you know, a loser)))).

It smells like s*** though? The description says only they would consider eating it.

Why do you laugh at me with such zeal?

Mav
07-30-2004, 6:31 PM
I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav
 Darth Gungis
07-30-2004, 6:38 PM
I wasn't laughing at you jedi_5002 I was laughing with you ....lol.

Okay well, RedHawke I edited all the files that I needed to, and I was able to actually give the recruitment a run-through, and I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, you have really outdone yourself RedHawke. GREAT WORK man Cheers.

Mav

I second that!:D
 svцsh
07-30-2004, 7:09 PM
Your very welcome RedHawke, I’m glad people still like it , and use it. :D

Great mod I’ll give it a go soon :)
svцsh
 RedHawke
07-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Glamador
this thing is reallly great! i havnt tried it yet but it sounds wonderful...does it have voices?

Glamador, my freind, you seem to really have a need for voices in the game. :eek:

[Sigmund Freud]

Tell me Glamador, how long have you been hearing voices? What do they say to you?

[/Sigmund Freud]

J/K Glamador! :D

In answer to your question, No... there are no voices for RedHawke. Since Linda Hamilton or Heather Thomas weren't available, or free, poor RedHawke will have to remain voiceless. :D

I'm glad you all like the mod! :D
 Glamador
07-31-2004, 12:02 AM
wow! i just tried it ingame (i wasnt up to manaan yet in my latest game). it absolutely KICKS ASS! the dialogue is PERFECT and all the references to obi-wan mixed with ur own ideas! absolute genius! get some custom voice acting in there and ur gonna be REALLY cookin'!...she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!
 RedHawke
07-31-2004, 1:19 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
she's just a tad overpowered but that's ok by me! o and i have this issue...the robes...they're...additive...u can see thru them sort of...its wierd and if u could help me fix id be greatful!

Well Glamador you have to remember she is a 14 year vetran Pnp RPG character, I looked at the conversion information in the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG to WOTC D20 PnP Star Wars RPG in the Core book and she would be around Level OMFG+. And her stats would be actually twice what they are in game!

The robes aren't see through on RedHawke, do you mean when you put them on your PC?

The RedHawke Robes were meant for the NPC so they will be transparent on your PC unless you have My Revan the White mod installed as well, that will fix your transparency problem.

I hope this helps! :D

And Thanks for the compliments! :D :D
 Mav
07-31-2004, 1:27 AM
To fix the transparency problem on your PC you are going to have to edit the appearence column named envmap from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal for your PC's skin.
 RedHawke
07-31-2004, 1:38 AM
To fix the transparency problem on your PC you are going to have to edit the appearence column named envmap from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal for your PC's skin.

That could cause some problems Mav with other worn items in the game though, the reason it isn't transparent on RedHawke is because the N_DarthRevanF Revan cutscene model was used as her modelj and it has the EnvMapTexture field set at CM_Baremetal already on its line in appearance.2da, that is why I suggested my mod, as it does the same thing for the PC lines.

Of course I could be wrong on it messing things up, but I did change all of the PC fields in appearance.2da to CM_Baremetal long ago and some worn items went funky on me.
 Mav
07-31-2004, 1:43 AM
really?? what items, because I did that to correct the transparency on one of my robes, but I haven't had any problems with any other armors or robes and I've worn most of them. Oh but there was that one time where my PC had gold hair, but I fixed the alpha channel so it doesn't happen anymore.....lol

Edit: *below* oh i see, yea teh asian head 05 has a little bit of a funky texture file with the alpha channel and my guy had some pure gold bangs...lol
 RedHawke
07-31-2004, 1:50 AM
^^^^
[Ajunta Pall]

I... I don't remember... So long ago... So long in the dark.

[/Ajunta Pall]

It was before I upgraded my vid card so it could have been that, being that I was unsure of the cause, that is why I added "I could be wrong." :D
 Mono_Giganto
07-31-2004, 10:40 PM
LoL nice job, too bad I've already been to Manaan. Oh well next play through I guess. :D
 Mav
08-01-2004, 12:55 AM
M_G the key is to have about 10 different game saves like me....lol
 AJL
08-01-2004, 10:09 AM
OK I have RedHawke in my party now... (haven't played much
since she joined so I don't know whats coming...) but I can't
say I like her so much...

1. Why does she have to be so damn strong in everything from
the begining and why does she have so over powered items ??

2. I replaced Juhani with her because her comments on my way
to use force and such annoys me it seems that she is still there
in new body... (she is still preaching of the darkside and...)

3. Her dialogue have no voice :mad: (Exept when the Juhani
ghost inside her is talking...)
 Mav
08-01-2004, 9:21 PM
1. RedHawke answered this question already a few posts above.

2. I really don't think that RedHawke's dialogue is as annoying as catwomans. lol

3. This takes a lot of time and effort and I'm not sure that RedHawke has a mic, I know I don't besides I don't consider myself to be a very good voice actor anyway....lol, oh yea I think RedHawke answered this question above too.
 Glamador
08-01-2004, 11:35 PM
i do pretty good voice acting but i unfortunately im not good at doing alternate voices...just one dark and evil and one high pitched and whiny apart from my normal voice...my voice just seems to come out pretty clear ingame and such...and i believe AJL is refering to the fact that even if u replace an NPC with redhawke he/she will still react with other NPCs in the same way (as in she will still comment on ur darkness when ur evil and stuff (in juhani's voice nonetheless! OMG NO!))
 RedHawke
08-02-2004, 2:39 AM
Originally posted by AJL
OK I have RedHawke in my party now... (haven't played much
since she joined so I don't know whats coming...) but I can't
say I like her so much...

1. Why does she have to be so damn strong in everything from
the begining and why does she have so over powered items ??

2. I replaced Juhani with her because her comments on my way
to use force and such annoys me it seems that she is still there
in new body... (she is still preaching of the darkside and...)

3. Her dialogue have no voice :mad: (Exept when the Juhani
ghost inside her is talking...)

*Must... Resist... Urge To Flame*

OK... you asked for this AJL!!!! :lightning

Allright... now that that is out of the way.

The answers to your questions.

1. READ THE README AND THIS THREAD!!!

2. READ THE README, ITS RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM!!!

3. READ THIS THREAD!!!

Sorry AJL... but the questions you asked, with the attached readme and this thread already answering those questions, is more than a little annoying! :mad:

It is painfully obvious that you have;

A. Not used a recruit mod before
B. You are expecting way too much out of it.

I make mods for myself, all ones that I actually use, so I only release them to share the wealth with others.

So if she isn't you cup of tea then, by all means, delete the mod from your override... Its not like I'm holding a gun to your head saying "AJL has to use it" or anything.

Sorry about you not liking it AJL!
 AJL
08-02-2004, 6:46 AM
I can't remove it now... (It would screwup the save games...) but
thats not so big problem (even if I could use Juhani I wouldn't so
it just changes the look of the character I am not using...) :D

But anyway I restate my opinions... 1. Her items and properties
should be more normal level... 2. Her dialogue should have some
voice... (anything would be better than nothing...)
 RedHawke
08-02-2004, 8:19 AM
Originally posted by AJL
But anyway I restate my opinions... 1. Her items and properties
should be more normal level... 2. Her dialogue should have some
voice... (anything would be better than nothing...)

AJL, what did I ever do to you?

Did I wrong you somehow in a previous life?

Why do you post this again when both Mav and I have already clearly answered you about that stuff?

Before you came here inquiring about things... Didn't it ever occur to you to download another recriuit mod and see if some of the same things occur with that mod as well?

Like new NPC's talking other replaced NPC's lines, once again the explination is at the bottom of my readme, and the lack of voice tracks for new recruited NPC's in general.

This is all fairly common recruit mod stuff, the only one I know of that has some custom voice tracks is Darth333's recruitable Dustil mod, if I recall she skillfully franken-pasted some Dustil voice tracks together for the mod, taking a boatload of time in doing so, still I believe those lines to be very limited as well.

AJL, I am not, in any way, saying you do not have the right to your opinion, far from it...

But stating it once is enough, with your repeating of your opinions, it becomes clear to me that you want me to come around to your vision of how things should be with the mod, and that isn't going to happen AJL!

Again, I am truly sorry about you not liking the mod AJL!

Now please drop the subject, thank you.
 AJL
08-02-2004, 9:02 AM
Did I wrong you somehow in a previous life?

Sorry but I can't remember....

---

I made little test in the Korriban tomb with the two Taranteks...
If I wear all those RedHawkes equipment I can stand between
those Taranteks without losing any health (Of cource I do take
damage from them but the regeneration those equipment give
is more than enough to counter it) :D

Can Malak hurt me enough to counter the effect of those
equipments ?
 Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 9:26 AM
gr8 stuff RedHawke well done bud :D:D

MattCole
 RedHawke
08-02-2004, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
gr8 stuff RedHawke well done bud :D:D

MattCole

Thanks Matt, I'm glad you like it... er' I mean her! :D
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Looks good :thmbup1:
This recruit mod looks really interesting :)
I just downloaded your mod to give it a try :) (i have to install kotor on my new system, start a new game and tweak a few globals to get there first )

Just looking at the files demonstrates that you have invested a lot of time in this.

To AJL: adding sound is a lot of work. As Redhawke said, I added sound to the Dustil mod but I wouldn't do it ever again. Adding new voice acting is even more work (and not always possible for various reasons, the first being the lack of voice actors)...
 RedHawke
08-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks Darth333, you and Matt have made my morning! :D
 Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks Darth333, you and Matt have made my morning! :D

:D:D Glad to do it bud :D:D anytime

MattCole
 Darth_ToMeR
08-02-2004, 3:45 PM
 Mav
08-02-2004, 5:17 PM
To AJL: You are being extremely rude, if you want a recruit mod with voice actors better dialogue and the NPC being "normal" than make it for yourself go damnit, you have NO idea how much time and effort RedHawke put into this mod. Frankly you are pissing me off so you know what I'm going to do now, I'm going to spawn some NPC named AJL into my game and fry you with some Force Lightining, unleash each and every one of Darth Khasei's force powers on you and then cut your ass to bits with my lightsaber, if you'll excuse me I have a tiny bit of modding to do.

To RedHawke: Don't listen to this clown, I guess in the end that is why we should only make mods with ourselves in mind and then release them for others to use.
 Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 5:53 PM
LoL I got a whole module in the works with people I hate in it. Wanna combine them Mav? o.O lol :p
 Mav
08-02-2004, 6:17 PM
^^^^

LOL no thats okay, but you can add him in there and send it to me :D
 Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 7:51 PM
LoL you got it Mav! Maybe add you as an npc attacking him... :p
 Mav
08-02-2004, 8:42 PM
That sounds awesome, you going to release this module?
 T7nowhere
08-02-2004, 10:54 PM
All I have to say is your Mod looks great though I have yet to try it. ;)

TO those people that like to constantly critisize others work. Please take a moment to consider How much effort goes into making a mod even a simple one. (Which Redhawks mod is not)

The First and most important Step to installing any Mod is to READ the readme!
To those of you that may have a problem with the quality of a mod, Please keep your opinions to your self until you have completed a mod yourself. Rude comments will get you nowhere.
 RedHawke
08-04-2004, 1:14 AM
^^^^
Thanks T7! :D

You are very right, putting together a mod like this isn't easy, if it were then there would be a lot more mods.

Of course this mod, and many others out there, would not have been possible without the help of others like Darth333, and TK102.

And lets not all forget our KOTOR Modding Godfather... Fred Tetra, without whom we would all still be out in the modding cold, stumbling in the dark! :D
 nacho35
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
putting together a mod like this isn't easy, if it were then there would be a lot more mods.

RedHawke, I have done 3 planets with your Mod and I am truly impressed! The custom items, journal entries, and descriptions really add to the game. It has given me more replayability unfortunately':naughty:'
 AJL
08-04-2004, 3:02 PM
Error/Spoiler... Or something...
When I entered to that Rakatan temple Jolee and RedHawke
joins with me... And when I go down to that computer room I
find RedHawke waiting for me in there... but RedHawke is still
also in my party... and after that Clone disappears and I open
the door with that computer and then try to get to the upper
level again my game crashes... (tried many times...)

Soo... RedHawke was Supposed to leave my party at some
point before I went down there ??
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 7:39 PM
AJL's problem could be due to a script named k_punk_re.ncs in the unk_m44ab module (where the computer is) but I am still unsure. I haven't found from where the script is fired and what is it's usefulness. Looking at the decompiled script, the same thing should happen with Jolee... anyone else had that problem? Decompiled, the script gives:

00000008 42 00000080 T 00000080
0000000D 1E 00 00000008 JSR fn_00000015
00000013 20 00 RETN
00000015 05 00 0019 00 ACTION GetEnteringObject(0019), 00
0000001A 05 00 00D9 01 ACTION GetIsPC(00D9), 01
0000001F 04 03 00000001 CONSTI 00000001
00000025 0B 20 EQUALII
00000027 1F 00 00000057 JZ off_0000007E
0000002D 04 03 00000000 CONSTI 00000000
00000033 04 05 0005 str CONSTS "jolee"
0000003C 05 00 00C8 02 ACTION GetObjectByTag(00C8), 02
00000041 04 03 00000004 CONSTI 00000004