Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Recruitable RedHawke Released!

Page: 2 of 4
 Prime
08-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
TO those people that like to constantly critisize others work. Please take a moment to consider How much effort goes into making a mod even a simple one. (Which Redhawks mod is not) Well said as usual.

Originally posted by T7nowhere
Rude comments will get you nowhere. Not quite true, since if they continue they will be banned. :)
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
AJL's problem could be due to a script named k_punk_re.ncs in the unk_m44ab module (where the computer is) but I am still unsure. I haven't found from where the script is fired and what is it's usefulness. Looking at the decompiled script, the same thing should happen with Jolee... anyone else had that problem?

Sorry AJL, I knew Bioware would have something in the game to rain on the parade. :eek:

The solution might be a script to just return to the party the replaced NPC called after the script to remove my pc, using a nested group of 'if' statements, testing for the number of the global, and returning to the party the NPC of that number.

Would that work Darth333?
 Darth333
08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
First, it would be good to verify if this script is really the cause. I don't see it attached anywhere in the module :confused: maybe i overlooked... and there is probably another script to remove them from your party first (that would explain the "twins")...
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 2:00 AM
First, it would be good to verify if this script is really the cause. I don't see it attached anywhere in the module :confused: maybe i overlooked... and there is probably another script to remove them from your party first (that would explain the "twins")...

I have been looking around in the modules myself and have no Idea why the game would crash, except that the game is looking for something, possibly hardcoded, and it is not there and then just freezes, so the quickest solution to the problem I can think of would be to replace the original NPC right after mine is removed, then whatever script or other call that is causing the crash to go to the temple summit would then get a satisfactory result instead.

I just made a possible fix, by replacing the original NPC after mine leaves the game, with Jolee and (possibly) Juhani also added to the current party in the temple catacombs as well.

Possibly my NPC tied the replaced NPC up and stuck them in a closet on the Ebon Hawk or something. :D

I'll have to test it first, and that will take some time, I'll have to do Manaan, and the Unk World again. I'll run through with the old scripts to try and replicate the problem, see if it happens to me, and then see if the fix works. If the problem happens and the fix works I'll zip it up and re-release as a bug-fix at pcgamemods.

I would really like to know has anyone else had this problem? :confused:
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 8:58 AM
OK everyone, I replicated AJL's crash problem, and boy was it a whopper to figure out.

While I still don't know what causes the crash, I have figured a way around it by removing RedHawke from the party BEFORE entering the temple, if you have replaced Juhani, RedHawke will appear with Jolee and enter the temple with you, but will now just vanish, leaving you to go through the temple with just Jolee. And hopefully eliminating the problem all together.

So I had to remove the option to replace Jolee, and add and remove a few files from the mod.

I will put the new version up for download ASAP!

NOTE TO ALL RECRUIT MODDERS:
I also found out another thing, you have to have Jolee in the party to get through the unknown world temple, if not then Bastila talks to you repeatedly and nothing else happens, so Jolee is off my replace list as well.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
OK everyone, I replicated AJL's crash problem, and boy was it a whopper to figure out.

While I still don't know what causes the crash, I have figured a way around it by removing RedHawke from the party BEFORE entering the temple, if you have replaced Juhani, RedHawke will appear with Jolee and enter the temple with you, but will now just vanish, leaving you to go through the temple with just Jolee. And hopefully eliminating the problem all together.

So I had to remove the option to replace Jolee, and add and remove a few files from the mod.

I will put the new version up for download ASAP!

NOTE TO ALL RECRUIT MODDERS:
I also found out another thing, you have to have Jolee in the party to get through the unknown world temple, if not then Bastila talks to you repeatedly and nothing else happens, so Jolee is off my replace list as well.

i wish you luck on your endevor for your recuritment mod, and i hope you can solve the solution asap as well

MattCole
 FiEND_138
08-05-2004, 9:17 AM
Heh, guess it's a good thing I haven't got to Mannan yet in my new play through. Anxiously awaiting the update :)
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 9:47 AM
^^^^
FiEND, Matt, and everyone else I just put v1.2 up at pcgamemods, check my first post in this thread for all future updates... I hope there isn't going to be many! :D

The problem was in replacing Jolee or Juhani, but I fixed that... Had to remove the option of replacing Jolee Bindo though. It ran fine with Juhani on my machine, if you replace Juhani with RedHawke she will show up with Jolee and even run into the temple with you, and now she will then just disappear once you are inside.

Hopefully solving the problem. :D
 Darth333
08-05-2004, 10:03 AM
I did not have time to look at it more deeply yet but is everything ok Redhawke?
I'll see if I can find a way to fix Jolee's problem.Perhaps simply removing the reference to the scripts that remove Jolee and Juhani from your party when you do the tile thing. Perhaps player could go into solo mode manually. I don' t know yet if it would work, I have to look more deeply at the contents of the scripts around this point of the game.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 10:08 AM
^^^^
FiEND, Matt, and everyone else I just put v1.2 up at pcgamemods, check my first post in this thread for all future updates... I hope there isn't going to be many! :D

Hey Thx RedHawke, i was the first person to DL it :p seriously :D:D

oh and does your mod conflict with Svosh's Revan Redemtion Robes?

MattCole

DOES YOUR MOD CONFLICT WITH SVOSH'S REVAN REDEMTION ROBES??? hehe sorry but you missed it..... i think :p
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 10:30 AM
I did not have time to look at it more deeply yet but is everything ok Redhawke?
I'll see if I can find a way to fix Jolee's problem.

Well everything seems to work, with removing RedHawke before going into the unknown world temple, as long as the k_punk_pretempl2 script is called when entering the temple either way (With the Elders or The One), I just removed my NPC then. Because once in the temple the NPC commands for the party must be disabled.

The only thing now is that RedHawke is standing in front of the Temple as well as a Elder Rakatan, you can talk to them but she is no longer part of the party... Wierd!

As far as the Jolee problem anything you can find out would be cool Darth333! :D

EDIT: OK removed the RedHawke that remained in front of the temple but the Elder Rakatan remains... still wierd! But it doesn't seem to effect anything.

EDIT2: Matt as both Svosh's Revan Redemption Robes and My Mod both use appearance.2da, they will have to be merged to be compatable.

EDIT3: Posted Version 1.3 up at pcgamemods.
 Darth333
08-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Would you send me the source code? It would be easier for me to test things out.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 1:42 PM
EDIT2: Matt as both Svosh's Revan Redemption Robes and My Mod both use appearance.2da, they will have to be merged to be compatable.

Thx i just had a problem with it once i installed it, i had my game running whilst installing the mod :p it sorted now :p

MattCole
 RedHawke
08-06-2004, 5:26 AM
Would you send me the source code? It would be easier for me to test things out.

Darth333 source scripts sent. :D

I hope we can figure a way to add Jolee back in as replaceable. But no worries if we don't! I find him humorous anyway!:D

That still leaves everyone with the option to replace any of the 6 others, still a very good thing. :D

Further tested V1.3 with Juhani as the NPC replaced, and everything works now, no crashes... Whew! :fett:
 RedHawke
08-07-2004, 3:30 AM
Heads up on the release of Version 1.4 of the mod. (Hopefully it's the Final version! For Now! :D)

Thanks to a good question by someone called IAmAJedi13 at pcgamemods, I corrected a Missing NPC breaking the 'Carth running off' Dialogue on Unknown World, when going Darkside.

The cure was to return the replaced NPC back into the party, all reappear but Juhani, so the dialogue will work correctly, Carth will whine at you and run off, etc.

If you have any of the previous versions of the mod, install this one over the earlier version ASAP, before going into the temple and, as long as you haven't replaced Jolee, all should be good with the universe! :D

Darth333 and I are looking at the possibility of going through the temple without Jolee, returning the ability to have Jolee be replaceable, so that function may return to this mod in the future! :D

So if you have replaced Jolee all hope may not be lost for your save game, just don't go into the temple yet! :D

Sorry for all the updates... but at least it shows everyone here at Holowan my dedication to my work... Right?

*Sound of crickets chirping... sees everyone staring blankly this direction, then Phases quickly into hyperspace*
 sith_master2000
08-08-2004, 9:37 PM
I just LOVE your RedHawke NPC. I rate it 10/10! When I downloaded and tested it, I started to wonder if I could make my own NPC character; but there's one big problem, I don't know how! Could you please give me a list of programs and steps in how to make an NPC (if it's not too much trouble). Thanks! :D
 Achilles
08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I just LOVE your RedHawke NPC. I rate it 10/10! When I downloaded and tested it, I started to wonder if I could make my own NPC character; but there's one big problem, I don't know how! Could you please give me a list of programs and steps in how to make an NPC (if it's not too much trouble). Thanks! :D

Try these:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123668)

Both of these, as well as several other helpful tutorials, can be found in the sticky threads at the top of this page.

I hope that helps.
 RedHawke
08-09-2004, 12:07 AM
^^^^
Thanks sith_master2000, I'm glad you like it! :D

As far as making your own NPC for KOTOR sith_master2000, the ever vigilant and helpful Achillies, has pointed you in the right direction, the first link, Darth333's How to Recruit an NPC in 10 Steps thread, is the exact one I used to get the Job done for my recruit mod, the second is dj_owen's Deconstructing the Yuthura Mod thread is also very useful.

I hope you do decide to make an NPC sith_master2000, the more the merrier I always say! :D
 RedHawke
08-11-2004, 3:15 AM
^^^^
No further bug reports with the Mod?

I'll take this as a good sign then! :D
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 9:36 AM
Working on it Redhawke, the only problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day :(
 RedHawke
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Working on it Redhawke, the only problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day :(

Actually Darth333, I was referring to anyone having problems with the mod in its current incarnation (Release Version 1.4).

That statement was in NO WAY aimed your direction! :D
 Darth333
08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
I did not took it personally at all, just wanted to let you know :D
 Glamador
08-12-2004, 2:52 PM
i am having an error where redhawke looks like a blue Revan...wtf?...i tried looking at appearance.2da for problems but it should work from wat i see...its strange...im using the revan the white version of appearance.2da btw
 RedHawke
08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Glamador
i am having an error where redhawke looks like a blue Revan...wtf?...i tried looking at appearance.2da for problems but it should work from wat i see...its strange...im using the revan the white version of appearance.2da btw

And you copied all of the files in the 'Use With RTWSF' folder and overwrote the normal ones unzipped your override as well, right?

You have to copy all of those .utc and .uti files as well as the .2da's in the 'Use With RTWSF' subfolder or it will refrence a different line in the appearance.2da and the wrong things will show up.

I hope this helps! :D
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 1:27 AM
Umm, I know this isn't about this mod but I just used another mod by RedHawke which is called Revan the Light or something like that. I noticed a bug which really messes up the Star Forge level. After landing on the Star Forge and going through the door there would be a cut scene which shows one of Malak's servants activating the battle droids but it got skipped. People said you could just continue by going through the other doors like you normally would. But the problem is that there are a pair of battle droids in both doors so it clogs up the passageway. Since the cutscene didn't trigger the droids won't move and you can't attack so I'm stuck and can't continue on the level. It really needs a bug fix, other than that bug the mod was great, I loved the robes. Thank you.
 RedHawke
08-16-2004, 1:34 AM
You mean this mod here?

Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack Bug Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133244)

The fix for the Star Forge bug is in the first post. And a patch for this bug is available on pcgamemods.

sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 1:55 AM
^^^^
Thanks sith_master2000, I'm glad you like it! :D

As far as making your own NPC for KOTOR sith_master2000, the ever vigilant and helpful Achillies, has pointed you in the right direction, the first link, Darth333's How to Recruit an NPC in 10 Steps thread, is the exact one I used to get the Job done for my recruit mod, the second is dj_owen's Deconstructing the Yuthura Mod thread is also very useful.

I hope you do decide to make an NPC sith_master2000, the more the merrier I always say! :D

Well I tried using the tutorial done by Darth333 several times to make an npc but none of the attempts worked :( ! I guess recruiting isn't my place in KotOR :( :( , even though that's what I want to do the most!!!
 Darth333
08-16-2004, 2:22 AM
Maybe you could post you questions. As I said in the tutorial ( i think I said that -it's 2 am and i am too lazy to check), If something is not clear, just ask and I will answer and edit the tut :)
 RubADucky
08-16-2004, 2:28 AM
Thanks, got it all fixed now. I went to this thread because I know RedHawke is here. Wearing those robes makes me feel like Gandalf the White :) Excellent mod!
 RedHawke
08-16-2004, 3:33 AM
Originally posted by RubADucky
Thanks, got it all fixed now. I went to this thread because I know RedHawke is here.

I'm glad it all got sorted out! :D

Just so you know there is a Patch available at pcgamemods that will re-add the lost items from those 2 files into a new Footlocker on the Endar Spire.

Originally posted by RubADucky
Wearing those robes makes me feel like Gandalf the White :) Excellent mod!

Thanks RubADucky, I'm glad you liked it! :D
 sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 4:46 AM
Maybe you could post you questions. As I said in the tutorial ( i think I said that -it's 2 am and i am too lazy to check), If something is not clear, just ask and I will answer and edit the tut :)
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 5:03 AM
Well actually the main question I have is attaching the recruit script to the conversation field part. I didn't really understand what to do in that bit. That may be why my npc didn't work, I just put the script in the EntryList - 0 - Script field. Can you explain exactly how that bit works for me thanks?

Maybe I can try. The script needs to be initiated in order to run. Without something to "fire" it (like a dialog entry or a trigger point, etc) it just sits there looking pretty.

I know next to nothing about scripting compared to several members of this forum, but I will tell you that I've found that scripts will only fire (for me at least) when they are associated with a Reply. Most of my attempts to add them to an Entry have not worked. Not sure if this is by design or if it's user error on my part.

Anyway, try moving your script reference and try again. If all else fails, download any recruit mod that has a dialog file and reverse engineer it until you figure it out. There are two available (complete with source code for the scripts) on my website.

I hope that helps!
 sith_master2000
08-16-2004, 7:09 AM
I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make :( :( :( :( :( :( .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.
 Achilles
08-16-2004, 7:17 AM
I appreciate your help but I still can't get it to work. I just don't have the technical skill to work with these sort of things. I'll just have to wait and see if someone - by some miracle - creates a similar npc that I'm trying to make :( :( :( :( :( :( .

I believe the main reasons that I can't get it to work are as
following:
I don't know how the dialouge program works
I don't know how to tell KotOR to spawn my npc in a certain place.

I thought the same thing when I started too. It takes time and patience....a lot of patience :D

As far as your reasons go:

1) Try Doom Dealer's module tutorial. There is a great dialog portion that I used when learning how to write dialogs.

2) You need a spawn script. Again, any of my NPC mods have source code that you can look at, or there are posts on this board you can search for to find help. I'm telling you, the hardest part is trying to find a clever way to work this into the game. The modding part is easy.

Keep trying and be sure to post specific questions when you run into trouble (after you've exhasted your resources of course:))
 sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 6:26 AM
Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 6:30 AM
Where can I get the NwN Editor? I have the NwN Explorer and NwN TLK Editor but I can't find the NwN Editor. I need it to continue on with Doom's tutorial. He doesn't actually give the reference for it in his tutorial. Do I actually need it or can I use something else? I'm up to Step 4 page 7.

If I remember correctly it's a GFF editior. If so, you can probably use the GFF Editor referenced in the Tools and Downloads sticky.

Hope that helps.
 Tanesh
08-17-2004, 6:32 AM
 sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 6:36 AM
The GFF editor I have doesn't have the options he says, example:
Add Node
Add element
String 8
Float

These are some of the options he says to use but as I said GFF editor doesn't have them. Thanks for the Info though.
 sith_master2000
08-17-2004, 6:41 AM
Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.
 Achilles
08-17-2004, 6:48 AM
Oh disregard my last post, the editor Tanesh said is the right one, THANKS SO MUCH TANESH! And of course another big thanks to Achillies for helping me with my npc problems. I hope your efforts aren't in vein.

Pretty sure that both tools have the same functionality but get there different ways (at least that's what I assume based on what I've heard :D).

I'm glad that I was able to help. I'm sure your NPC will turn out just fine ;)
 sith_master2000
08-21-2004, 4:52 AM
Thanks for all your help Achilles but I've decided to give up my npc-ing job. After the 1000th time I've decided to give in. I'll just leave some directions on what my npc was going to be like:

Name: Zevran Organa

Class: Former Sith

Good/Evil: 70% evil

Spawn Location: Manaan

Once again a big thanks to your help Achilles but I just don't having the modding skills. Also an appology to RedHawke for using his forum for my problems, sorry man.
 mombrez
04-30-2006, 1:02 AM
Sorry to bring this thread up again, but I want to replay KOTOR and I was looking for some mods for the character I want to play. New heads, new skins. I found this thread, and would love to play this character. Is there any way to do it, as my main character. I know it's probably not possible, but it never hurts to ask. Great job RedHawke, I used some of your other mods last time I played.
 RedHawke
04-30-2006, 3:52 AM
mombrez,

You certainly can... Start KotOR Tool and open the 2da editor, you have to open up your KotOR Override's portraits.2da and on the row for my NPC (Usually #41) and scroll over to a cell titled forpc it is a 0 make it a 1, then click on another line you didn't edit, and save that portraits.2da to your KotOR Override. Start a new game and it should be there now in the playable PC heads.

Warning: There will be a clothes texture glitch in the character creation process, as the RedHawke NPC has a different base clothing compared to the other PC models, but it will be fine in the game. ;)

lord ignarn
04-30-2006, 7:46 AM
RedHawke, I have done 3 planets with your Mod and I am truly impressed! The custom items, journal entries, and descriptions really add to the game. It has given me more replayability unfortunately':naughty:'

You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? Itґs allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.
 Jackel
04-30-2006, 4:40 PM
You have managed to do 3 planets?

If I may ask, will you release them? Itґs allways great to have new game areas and quests to fullfill, and besides, lot of people would be happy playing (even) more.
I believe he means he has gone to three planets with the Recruitable RedHawke mod installed, ie Mannan, Korriban, etc etc rather then "I Have your mod installed and made three new planets to go with it" :D
 lord ignarn
05-01-2006, 7:21 AM
Oh! what a disapointment! I just had thought that... :ball:
 mombrez
05-01-2006, 3:42 PM
Thank you RedHawke, now I'm off to try that.
 Quatra
05-07-2006, 3:12 PM
I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?
 RedHawke
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a question for you RedHawke.
If i kill Juhani on Dantooine, can i recruit your girl with Juhani? Can your girl replace the empty slot of Juhani?
Not with the stock dialog in the mod.

But you are in luck, I made a fix a while ago for someone though that allows you to replace Juhani even if you killed her, though the dialog will still look like she is there as it is a quick fix.

I'll attach it for download to the first post in this thread so people can download it. ;)
 Quatra
05-09-2006, 2:56 AM
thanks a lot :)
Page: 2 of 4