Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LOOK OVER HERE: My final mod until KoTOR 2, you decide which one it is...

Page: 1 of 2
 Doom_Dealer
07-24-2004, 2:52 PM
OK fokes, listen up.

Ive got two things in the pipeline for a last thing before i head off to do other stuff until KOTOR 2 but i dont know what to do. So i want you to decide for me, im going away for 2 weeks from Monday 26th July so ill keep the poll going until i get back.

I will some up the two differant mods (both modules) with info on each, i wont go into to much detail. So if you could vote for your favourite idea and (maybe) post your views on which i would greatly appreciated. SOme ideas wouldnt go amiss for your choice either.

Anyway, there are two choices of module, one brand new and one an update of an old one. PLease read each one through proparly, dont just vote on skimming through it.
Here you go:

The Holowan Spire Version 3

Well, most of you should be familiar with this, some of you are even in it, but im talking about a larger update, i.e. alot more to do. Im talking about recruitable Holowan characters, more activities such as pazaak etc. And abit more action. I should also add some more modules onto it, to extend it further, and now im abit more experianced with scripts (heres the big one) I will try and include some type of Arena style action, not as big and probably with only 1 vs. 1 action, but still a chance to choose to fight against and kill several of the people here at holowan. I should include more custom items and ill try and put it as many more characters as i can, please dont PM me asking to be in it just yet, i dont know if this will be picked yet :). But please bear in mind that it will not be as original as the second idea.
So to some up:
Recruitable Modders
Alot More Character
Further Extension of the area
A Small Arena Style Combat Game
and more if i get some ideas...

Dantooine Assault
I got the inspiration from the Dantooine aftermath, the differance being that you actually play the characcter assaulting it. You would play Revan and take a LARGE group of sith down to attack, with lots of fight scenes between jedi vs. sith. This one is alot more ambitous than the holowan spire v.3 as it will involve alot oof dialogue work as i plan on making it reasonably cinematic. THere would be atleast 4 modules involved, ive already started the basics on one of them. These include, Leviathon Hanger (theres a part you can get to thats not in game that im making use of) the Leviathon bridge (these bits being the more cinematic experiance) and then the actual jedi enclave and the imediate outside area to it ( this bit mixing alot of action with brief cuts with cinematic style dialogue). I really like this idea but im not sure if i could do it alone myself. If it comes out the way i hope it does it really will be a great level to play. Also bear in mind that this will take longer than the first idea as im rather busy as it is this summer.
So to some up:
New, action packed, cinematic level
A completly Original Level
This one actualy (kind of) fits the story, and could be worked into actually extending the game.
Fight alongside other Sith soldier, instead of feeling like a 3 man army the whole time.
Explore 4(!!!) new modules, each packed with new characters and action.
And you can make me work hard :)
and more if i get any ideas....

The Choice is all yours :)

and i'll see you in 2 weeks for the results

Doom Dealer :):):)

Edit
Oh, and feel free to ask any question, but you've only got till the night of Saturday 24th until im away and cant answer them.
 Colma Adawin
07-24-2004, 4:08 PM
Doom_Dealer i loved your previous Holowan Spires so i vote for Holowan Spire v3! :D your Holowan spire is a great acheivent and can possibly sent an example of the things ppl can do with modules, scripting, im sorry but for you Datooine assault, i dont really feel that attacking your masters, okay good for darkside, but the lightside, its not fair, we need more LS modules and i feel the Holo spire will be a gr8 Neutral module, i hope this is created, id really like to see this. and really if you think about it, the Dantooine assault will only last for one time only, but the Holowan Spire, that, that can be used over and over and over again, this will be like Telchias Arena Mod, but involving US, MEMBERS OF HOLOWAN WILL BE IN THIS, MAKE THIS THE MOD DOOM_DEALER DOES, ITS A TRIBUTE TO HIS SKILL AND TO THE HOLOWAN FORUMS.

oh and DD, if ppl decided on this, would this be taking over the Endar Spire or as the rest of your holo spires? becoz i think if it takes over the boringly depressing Endar Spire ppl will play that module more, becoz i think partcticly everyone has a skip endar spire mod in one way or another.

[Force Persuade] people of Holowan! you WILL (pretty please, with cherrys on top) vote for the Holowan Spire v3, it will be something grand to remember Doom_Dealer by.

Doom, this is a gr8 thing your doing for Holowan, and in my books, you've joined the Elite Holowan ppl. eg Gameunlimited, TK102, Seprithro, Shoesy and many many others. it will be great to see this mod but saddening to see you go but, it does make me happy to know your comming back for Knights of the Old Republic 2 : Sith Lords

MattCole

PS remember Holowan ppl WE WANT THE HOLOWAN SPIRE VERSION 3 :p :D:D:D:D i hope this could be done, it would be a gr8 achievement to see your true skills with modules, scripts and your other skills which i cant remember :p
 Mav
07-24-2004, 5:14 PM
I guess the main reason I would like to see you make the Holowan Spire V.3 instead of the Dantooine Assault module, is because I just think that the Holowan Spire is pretty much your trademark in a way.

Also if you have that 1 v. 1 arena type battle option in there it will make it an infinite thing, the fun will never end :D. Also if you make some of the people in there recruitable, when you said that I'm assuming they are the Holowan characters, this may actually be the first recruit mod I use, usually I just use the skins if I download recruit mods. :D

Well anyway I vote for the Holowan Spire V.3
 Colma Adawin
07-24-2004, 5:48 PM
okay, 5 ppl have voted for the Dantooine Assult mod, but no comments on it, whereas 4 ppl have voted for the v3 of Holowan Spire and made 2 strong comments why this should have Priority, but thats your opinion, i would just like to see the Holowan Spire v3 made, thats all

MattCole
 svцsh
07-24-2004, 5:57 PM
Ya doom I say The Holowan Spire V.3 One reason, I always play as a jedi.

The light side will prevail :D

svцsh
 Darth333
07-24-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
Ya doom I say The Holowan Spire V.3 One reason, I always play as a jedi.

The light side will prevail :D

svцsh
I second that :D

P.S. don' t hesitate to PM me if you need a hand ;)
 Mav
07-24-2004, 6:40 PM
Besides I'm sure we all would like to be able to recruit the Mandalorian Janitor Doom_Dealer....lol.....if I remember correctly..LOL :D
 GhostofAnakin
07-24-2004, 6:47 PM
I voted for the dantooine assault mod.
 Achilles
07-24-2004, 8:35 PM
Doom Dealer = Holowan Spire.
 Darth Dex
07-24-2004, 8:48 PM
Holowan Spire.
 nacho35
07-24-2004, 9:03 PM
Definitely the Dantooine Assault. It allows more replayability...and isn't that what we need until KOTOR 2 instead of an updated mod---albeit a good one.
 Darth Dex
07-24-2004, 9:22 PM
hmmm.....what if holowan helps out on the Holowan Spire so theres less work and then you do the dantooine assult on your own.
 JunnHoarde
07-24-2004, 10:42 PM
I ususally play lightside (only finished the game once as darkside). I have a game saved where I played the aftermath mod and it was pretty fun. I would like to see your Dantooine mod.
 RedHawke
07-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Well Doom I'd like to see both of them done.

The Holowan Spire is your Trademark Mod and what you have planned sounds cool!

But... The Dantooine Assault also sounds excellent, with very cool ideas, something I would love to see...

If you recruited some help from willing individuals you could possibly do both!

Of course all this is just my opinion... I could be wrong! :D
 StormTrooper789
07-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Plz make the Holowan Spire v3 and put me in there! :D
 Darth Khasei
07-25-2004, 3:17 AM
(Force Persuade) You want to do both. :D
 Mav
07-25-2004, 3:26 AM
I think we all would like to see both, but I have to agree with Achillies Doom_Dealer = Holowan Spire, yes the Dantooine Assault mod sounds great, but the Holowan Spire is just a more personal thing and with the things you've mentioned a.k.a. arena type battles featuring people at Holowan, I mean come on people someone here makes you mad, well then no need to flame them just load up the Holowan Spire V.3 and then cut them into two with your lightsaber...:D, anyway if both were possible I'd go with that... obviously, but I still say that I would MUCH rather see the Holowan Spire V.3, I guess I just wouldn't enjoy killing the noble Jedi as much as I would fellow Holowan members.....:confused: :confused: :confused:......repeatedly...lol:D
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 3:30 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
I think we all would liek to see both, but I have to agree with Achillies Doom_Dealer = Holowan Spire, yes the Dantooine Assault mod sounds great, but the Holowan Spire is just a more personal thing and with the thigns you've mentioned a.k.a. arena type battles featuring people at Holowan, I mean come on people someone here makes you, well then no need to flame them just load up the Holowan Spire V.3 and then cut them into two with your lightsaber...:D, anyway if both were possible I'd go with that... obviously, but I still say that I would MUCH rather see the Holowan Spire V.3, I guess I just wouldn't enjoy killing the noble Jedi as much as I would fellow Holowan members.....:confused: :confused: :confused:......repeatedly...lol:D

i strongly agree with this statement from Maverick187

HOLOWAN SPIRE v3 ALL THE WAY!!!! :D

[Force Dominate] you will vote for the Holowan Spire v3 :p

MattCole
 Mav
07-25-2004, 3:40 AM
@Doom_Dealer

Also if you choose to make the Holowan Spire V.3 I'll help make you some nice new custom items, that you can use for it if you wish, anything you want robes, armor, blasters, lightsabers, anything you request I'll make it :D:D:D, no but even if you decide to make the Dantooine Assault mod if you need help with making custom items I'll help you out, if you need it, but I'm sorry to say I can't help you with scripting or anything just items.
 FiEND_138
07-25-2004, 3:42 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Well Doom I'd like to see both of them done.

The Holowan Spire is your Trademark Mod and what you have planned sounds cool!

But... The Dantooine Assault also sounds excellent, with very cool ideas, something I would love to see...

That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I went ahead & voted Assault, since the coin landed tails......

Bummer to see ya go, atleast you'll be back for TSL though :)
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 3:47 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I went ahead & voted Assault, since the coin landed tails......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you voted wrong!!! :p

MattCole
 Doom_Dealer
07-25-2004, 4:57 AM
WOW, quick feedback :)

what i dont get is how everyone seems to say Holowspire V.3 and DAnt assault is still winning, ah well. We'll see how it pans out.

edit//

O and one more thing, aswell as posting what you voted, you can help me out in one more way.

If the holowan spire does win, im thinnking of moving it to a differant module, maybe making it the holowan laborateries instead. AS im running out of room and the other section of the endar spire module isnt that big. Plus, theres knowhere to really have a fighting arena, without having to warp in and out of a seperate module each time. I have considered the unused part of the Black Vulkas base but im not sure, any suggestions would be really helpful.
 Mav
07-25-2004, 5:34 AM
Originally posted by Doom_Dealer
If the holowan spire does win, im thinnking of moving it to a differant module, maybe making it the holowan laborateries instead. AS im running out of room and the other section of the endar spire module isnt that big. Plus, theres knowhere to really have a fighting arena, without having to warp in and out of a seperate module each time. I have considered the unused part of the Black Vulkas base but im not sure, any suggestions would be really helpful.

The Black Vulkar base that was left out would be a very good place to put your module because there is lots of room, and many seperate rooms for all of the NPCs. If you want another possible place, well I guess actually Dantooine would be a good place...lol the irony, because you could put the 1 v. 1 arena either in the Main Chamber or in the Training Room. Well that is all I can really think of right now. I'll get back to you if I can think of another good place.

what i dont get is how everyone seems to say Holowspire V.3 and DAnt assault is still winning, ah well. We'll see how it pans out.

My guess would be that the "old school" Holowan members or just the ones that are more familiar with you and your mods are the ones that are voting for the Holowan Spire V.3 and replying, while the people who are voting and not replying are guys who aren't as familiar with you or the people in the original Holowan Spire....just a guess????
 FiEND_138
07-25-2004, 5:59 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you voted wrong!!!

*Flips coin again* Tails

Sorry Matt, guess I'm destined to vote for assault :p

The Vulkar base would be cool. I could finally see what was left out (I know I could warp there, just never have). Good luck on your project DD, I'm sure whichever wins it will be cool.
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-25-2004, 6:21 AM
Dantooine.

JEDI VS SITH!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
 Doom_Dealer
07-25-2004, 6:56 AM
OK sod the vote, ive been convinced.

HOLOWSPIRE V.3 IT IS!!!!!!!!
 Darth Gungis
07-25-2004, 7:11 AM

Damn, i was hoping that Darth Khasei's Force Persuade would kick in...:(
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 7:21 AM

YIPPEE!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

the force is strong with me :p

Thx Doom_dealer

MattCole
 Mav
07-25-2004, 7:22 AM

You have no idea how much I love you right now....in a good way, and my offer ofcourse still stands, if you want help in making new items for your mod or anything like that look no further I'll be glad to help.
:D :D :D :D
 JunnHoarde
07-25-2004, 7:33 AM
What was the point of this. You could have just asked your 3 or 4 regulars in the first place. If you are only considering what 3 or 4 people have said you could have just PMed them and not have hung a carrot in front of us.
 Achilles
07-25-2004, 8:14 AM

The unused part of the Black Vulkar base is what popped into my mind when I started reading this part. Seems like the obvious choice to me =)
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 8:16 AM
Originally posted by JunnHoarde
What was the point of this. You could have just asked your 3 or 4 regulars in the first place. If you are only considering what 3 or 4 people have said you could have just PMed them and not have hung a carrot in front of us.

hey whats wrong with you? we came up with good arguements whereas the Assult idea didnt

MattCole
 RedHawke
07-25-2004, 8:27 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
The unused part of the Black Vulkar base is what popped into my mind when I started reading this part. Seems like the obvious choice to me =)

Agreed, the Vulkar level has lots of room for expansion, and...

Pre-Packaged Spice... Hmm!
 FiEND_138
07-25-2004, 8:31 AM
Actually I was really pulling for assault, just because I wanted to see what DD could pull off with the cinematic ideas he was having. Thats not saying I wasn't pulling for Holospire v.3. Now I'm really hoping DD will stick around & maybe do both, if he wanted too. I see some good ideas that would be neat to see come to fruition<sp?>. If not, maybe we'll see some of these cinematic visions he's having when TSL rolls aound ;)

*Just a players opinon*

Good luck on your project :D
 StormTrooper789
07-25-2004, 9:16 AM
Yo, DD, do you know how to set a loading screen on a custom module instead of using the default one? If not look for my thread: How to change loading screens for custom modules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132387) . If you do ignore my link. :)
 RedHawke
07-25-2004, 9:29 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Actually I was really pulling for assault, just because I wanted to see what DD could pull off with the cinematic ideas he was having. Thats not saying I wasn't pulling for Holospire v.3. Now I'm really hoping DD will stick around & maybe do both, if he wanted too. I see some good ideas that would be neat to see come to fruition<sp?>. If not, maybe we'll see some of these cinematic visions he's having when TSL rolls aound ;)

Same here FiEND, Dantooine Assault sounded so cool, I really liked both Ideas, well...

The unused Black Vulkar base level titled the Holowan Laboratory will be cool as well. :D

Of course if we all could just convince DD to do both of them, that would rule! :D
 Darth Dex
07-25-2004, 9:31 AM
Yeah, do both!!!!!!
 Doom_Dealer
07-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by JunnHoarde

Well, if you can convince me to do Dantooine Assault Instead, i'll happpily change, but im going on what people have posted, the people that know what each would take and how it would pan out into the game. Im listening to the people that have contributed the most, and mosr seem to go for Holowspire v.3, Im still not settling on Holowan Spire v.3, but im almost certain that i will at the moment because i havnt heard many good arguements for The dantooine assault, if you want it, stop moaning and start telling me why it would be better than the holowspire.
 Darth Dex
07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
because its not....GO HOLOWAN SPIRE V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Darth_ToMeR
07-25-2004, 2:23 PM
Holowan Spire V3
 Mono_Giganto
07-25-2004, 3:09 PM
You have no idea how much I love you right now....in a good way, and my offer ofcourse still stands, if you want help in making new items for your mod or anything like that look no further I'll be glad to help.
:D :D :D :D

Ya I can do this too if you need the help. My suggestion would be to use the Leviathan, but that's just me. :D And just a small request, could I be a Wookiee instead of the 2headed thing in this version? See, I really wanna fight myself, but there's an animation problem... :p :p I'll be looking forward to this D_D
 Doom_Dealer
07-25-2004, 3:48 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
And just a small request, could I be a Wookiee instead of the 2headed thing in this version?

Already thought of that, i'll make you a wookie instead.
 Mav
07-25-2004, 4:24 PM
I know where everbody is coming from and, there is no doubt that I would love to see the Dantooine Assault mod, but I just think that since this is going to be Doom_Dealer's last mod, than I would like to see it being the one that is more of a personal thing. GUess that is just my two cents though.
 Colma Adawin
07-25-2004, 4:54 PM
I know where everbody is coming from and, there is no doubt that I would love to see the Dantooine Assault mod, but I just think that since this is going to be Doom_Dealer's last mod, than I would like to see it being the one that is more of a personal thing. GUess that is just my two cents though.

well mav if its any constalation i 100% agree with that statement, and i think the Holowan Spire / Base ? :p would be a gr8 leaving presant for us and Doom. Hope to see / hear from you once Sith Lords comes out :D

and will you tell us which Holowan members are going to be in this new mod? or you gunna keep it a secret until we DL it :p

MattCole

PS if you need any help, remember the Infinite Empire are more than welcome to help
 tomwaz
07-25-2004, 10:29 PM
I think the dantooine assault mod because it would add alot more to get out of the game. i have been around here a long time and i think it would be great to have a serious new story level created by a seriously good modder like yourself.

I love all of the custom sabers and robes but i think it will never give as much to the game as a new area would. holowan spire is great but i would like something that added to the story. You can make a holowan spire for KOTOR 2 but you cannot make a dantooine assault mod since the planet is a wasteland when you get there.

whatever you choose i think it will be the right decision and is entirely up to you.
 Mav
07-26-2004, 1:10 AM
Originally posted by randydg
Hi everyone, i noticed a post asking about my danwar mod. I'll be posting it at that mod site when im done with it, im currently working on it adding more stuff to it.
I have put my kotor 3 project on indefinate hold due to lack of patience. I tried taking on to big of a project alone so now im going back to just adding things in to kotor 1 filling the story out some. Such as the following.

danwar 80% complete
adding another planet called Prax 5% complete
(taris's twin planet)(using taris for the planet basis)
adding prax to the ship map system 0% ( need help with this)
more later as i get the above done.
Taking suggestions to on anything you would like to see added to this list.(be resonable)

Well with randydg's news about finishing up his already great Dantooine mod, plus news that he is working on other mods, I think this is more reason to make the Holowan Spire V.3, since we will have a complete Dantooine mod from randydg.
 jedi_5002
07-26-2004, 2:26 AM
[Force Persuade] people of Holowan! you WILL (pretty please, with cherrys on top) vote for the Holowan Spire v3, it will be something grand to remember Doom_Dealer by.
[Failure] Your weak efforts cannot persuade me to vote the way you may want me to. :p
[Force Dominate] you will vote for the Holowan Spire v3
[Failure] You still try? That's good, you got spirit. Hehe, still not gonna happen though. :p

Seriously though, I have voted for the Holowan Spire v3. If I can't have both, then I would like to see Holowan Spire v3 a little more than a Dantooine Assault MOD. Why? Well maverick187 put it best. Originally posted by maverick187
I guess I just wouldn't enjoy killing the noble Jedi as much as I would fellow Holowan members.....:confused: :confused: :confused:......repeatedly...lol:D
Originally posted by randydg
Hi everyone, i noticed a post asking about my danwar mod. I'll be posting it at that mod site when im done with it, im currently working on it adding more stuff to it. Now that I know this I can be happy, because I will get them both.

Doom_Dealer = Holowan Spire v3 :D
randydg = danwar mod :D
 Colma Adawin
07-26-2004, 3:32 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
[Failure] Your weak efforts cannot persuade me to vote the way you may want me to. :p

[Failure] You still try? That's good, you got spirit. Hehe, still not gonna happen though. :p

i just love to see if i have the Force :p (joking) it seems i dont :D (Good Choice though :p)

MattCole
 Doom_Dealer
07-26-2004, 6:21 AM
OK, so i cleared out the module last night to have a lok at it and there is alot of space (im using that unused base bit). So, ive come up with current characters in it, and who im thinking of adding. If ive missed somebody just send us a PM, if ive missed alot of people, just post a list.
Theres stil plenty of room for more.

Characters Already in:
Cchargin
Colja
Darth333
Doom Dealer
Fred Tetra
GameUnlimited
Jackel
Jedi Xtremist
PrtyLzrdJedi
Mgnails
Mono Giganto
PascalNeder
Prime
Shosey
Darth Straker
Svosh
T7
tk102
Darth Tomer

Characters to be added
Sepritho
MattColejk
Lowiej
Achillies
Maverick189
Aluuan
Csccc
Red Hawke
CDRSeadog
Talchia
Andargor
Jules Windu
Shimaon
Randydg
Orsan
Kitty Kitty
edit
Temporary Tomato
Darth Dex
jedi_5002
deathdisco
salem
Lord of the Banthas

I know some of these havnt been around for ages, but i need to fil some space up.
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-26-2004, 6:35 AM
Well, Holowan rocks so it's all right
Page: 1 of 2