Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ALL-IN-ONE force powers mod - by Darth333, Darth Khasei, Gameunlimited and TK102

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth333
07-19-2004, 11:02 PM
For the last update, please see this thread: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135226)

==================================
All-in-one force powers mod v2.0.1 :lightning
===================================

By Darth333, Darth Khasei, Gameunlimited Tk102 and Andargor

v.2.0.1 corrects the following bugs:
- loop in the warping armband dialogue that would prevent the use of the armband to travel to Manaan
- loop in the dialogue in the spawn ennemies on demand armband (sith training device) that would prevent to spawn Crado.
- code that would prevent some ennemies to spawn when having a male PC

Available for download at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313)

Source is here (http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/d333/AIFPM_source.rar)

With the permission of the authors,this mod includes all the files (230 files but 158kb download) for the following mods and some modifications:

- Gameunlimited's Force Power Replication Mod
- tk102's Darkside Choker Armband
- tk102's Flame Thrower Armband
- Darth333's Force Power Mind Trick
- tk102's VFX armband (visual effects)
- Darth Khasei's Dark Lords Force Powers
- Darth333's Easy Warping Armband
- Darth Khasei's Spawn Enemies on Demand Armband (original mod and scripts by Darth Khasei assembled in an Armband by Darth333)
- Andargor's Extradimensional Emporium armband

The following force powers are accessible via the level up screen during normal level up:
- Gameunlimited's Force Power Replication Mod
- Darth333's Force Power Mind Trick
- Darth Khasei's Dark Lords Force Powers

The armbands can be obtained either by cheat or during normal gameplay: see readme.

Before installation, read instructions contained in the readme carefully.
Readme is in HTML format and also contains a full description of each power (and some warnings).

Enjoy! :)

PLS PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACK ;) It helps make better mods and encourages modders.

Testing screenshot: :D
After warping to the Rakatan Box with the Easy warping armband, I took a screenshot while i was testing the Mind trick force power ( i watch my ennemies battle against each other :D ) with a few weird effects (ice, fire, heal and a droid shield) turned on with the vfx armband:
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/mindtrickvfx.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/tuiles.jpg)
more screenshots in this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1575058#post1575058)

WARNING: if for some reason you want to make changes to the spells.2da file (to add another mod, per example), DO NOT CHANGE THE ROW NUMBERS for the above mentioned force powers. Making this all-in-one mod required editing the .uti files and bringing modifications to the original source code as well.
 tk102
07-20-2004, 12:22 AM
As If there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind -- Darth333 is the quite simply the Most Helpful Modder (MHM) on this forum.
:amidala: :thumbsup:

Thank you for integrating spells.2da so for everyone so that they may use these mods together.

:guitar2 :clap2:
 RedHawke
07-20-2004, 12:58 AM
^^^^^
I Agree TK! Thanks Darth333! :D
 Colma Adawin
07-20-2004, 1:27 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^^
I Agree TK! Thanks Darth333! :D

yes Well Done Darth333 most certainly the Angel of the forum :D

MattCole
 Mav
07-20-2004, 1:30 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Darth333 you are most definetly underappreciated, thanks a bunch.
 Colja
07-20-2004, 1:47 AM
Just tried it out and....WOW! All of you guys deserve a round of applause.:D I love how this game is still being expanded and shaped by the modders of this forum. Can't wait to see what is next. Great job!
 Darth Dex
07-20-2004, 7:38 AM
Thanks God for Darth333. Really good job.
 Darth_ToMeR
07-20-2004, 8:06 AM
Nice. Good job.
 Darth Gungis
07-20-2004, 9:14 AM
NICE!!! This is going to be added to my MUST DL list...:D

Great work!!!
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 9:33 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :)

Unfortunately, 8 replies for 200 views is very little and honestly it is a little discouraging. I guess people are just to busy with their own stuff...

Suggestions and constructive critisism are welcomed too ;)
 Darth Gungis
07-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :)

Unfortunately, 8 replies for 200 views is very little and honestly it is a little discouraging. I guess people are just to busy with their own stuff...

Suggestions and constructive critisism are welcomed too ;)

The thing that would make this my no.1 favorite mod, was if the Holowan emporium also was included, but after what i have experienced, that seems difficult, cuz i can't open it with KOTOR tool to adapt it to the other spells.2da modifications...:(
 Tanesh
07-20-2004, 10:07 AM

I think you're right. I've downloaded it but haven't found the time to test it yet, because I try so much things with my poor modding skills. ;) But you know about that already. :rolleyes: But I'm sure it's great. :D
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Here are some more screenshots:

http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0016.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0004.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0016.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0015.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0014.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/spawnvfx1.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/explosionvfx1.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/flamevfx1.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0013.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0011.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0009.jpg)
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/KotOR0008.jpg)

Originally posted by Darth Gungis
The thing that would make this my no.1 favorite mod, was if the Holowan emporium also was included, but after what i have experienced, that seems difficult, cuz i can't open it with KOTOR tool to adapt it to the other spells.2da modifications...:(
To add the Holowan Emporium, I would need Andargor's permission. I have no ways to contact him. *edit* I contacted Andargor and the Emporium is now integrated in the mod :)

The other thing, if you read my first post, you cannot simply modify spells.2da to adapt it. You will also have to modify either the .uti or the scripts or perhaps both depending on what you want to do. (for the Emporium, you need to modify spells.2da and the .uti files only)
 JunnHoarde
07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
I love the mod. Now...no more conflicts with spells.2DA
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Heh, I just got one conflict with Sep's Don't See the Force mod, I'll have to patch it up, but VERY NICE job Darth333! Must D/L!!!
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Heh, I just got one conflict with Sep's Don't See the Force mod, I'll have to patch it up, but VERY NICE job Darth333! Must D/L!!!
Yes, the mod will conflict with other mods using spells.2da. I just sent an e-mail to Andargor concerning the Holowan Emporium.

Concerning Sep's mod, you can simply edit spells.2da as usual. Just make sure you don't change any row numbers. I did not include it in this mod since the majority of people seem to prefer effects (no offence Sep you did a good job) and Darth Khasei's force powers are all about effects ;)
 nacho35
07-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Love the mod!
 Darth Khasei
07-20-2004, 1:23 PM
I just want to thank Darth333 and TK102 for all of the help they provided me during my modding quest. The combo pack is a great idea that Darth333 was so kind enough to put together. Truly a dedicated community member and a great help to all of us. Cheers.
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 1:56 PM
Yes, the mod will conflict with other mods using spells.2da. I just sent an e-mail to Andargor concerning the Holowan Emporium.

Concerning Sep's mod, you can simply edit spells.2da as usual. Just make sure you don't change any row numbers. I did not include it in this mod since the majority of people seem to prefer effects (no offence Sep you did a good job) and Darth Khasei's force powers are all about effects ;)

I like effects, I just think that the stun effects, along with the majority of the original effects, don't really look realistic. heh it'll take me 2 minutes and I'll have the perfect spells.2da :emodanc:
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 1:59 PM
I like effects, I just think that the stun effects, along with the majority of the original effects, don't really look realistic. heh it'll take me 2 minutes and I'll have the perfect spells.2da :emodanc:
Wait! I just got Andargor's permission to add his mod and I'm nearly finished :) (anyways you'll just have to add a line ;), I'm editing the .uti )
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 2:10 PM
Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask, about your mind trick power, when you use it, is the allied enemy still considered hostile? (I mean can you attack it while it's affected by your force power?)
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 2:56 PM
NEW! VERSION 2.0 is RELEASED!!! - Andargor's Extradimensional Emporium has been added with his permission!

For those who are not familiar with Andargor's mod, it'S a mod that let's you access all the items in the game.

Extract form Andargor's website:

Adventuring and lacking that one piece of gear? Never fear, Holowan is here!

With the Holowan Extradimensional Emporium Mark I (HE2 Mk I for short), you will have instantaneous access to any and all items available in KotOR!

As well, the virtual shopkeeper will sell you the items for FREE! Yes, you heard right, FREE! And he restocks everytime he is invoked as well!

But that's not all! You can sell him items at FULL PRICE! Yes, indeed!

Can't get a better deal than that...
Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask, about your mind trick power, when you use it, is the allied enemy still considered hostile? (I mean can you attack it while it's affected by your force power?) No, he is treated as if he was a party member, just like in JK (i think). Anyways, it is not possible to do that other wise, at least not without the risk of killing your own party members...).
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 2:59 PM
They changed that I assume? Cause in jk2 and 3, you can still attack them... But that may be cause it's a different style game I suppose... But when you fight Uthar's master on Korriban, even though Mekel helps you, isn't he still considered an enemy? I forget, but I think he is...
 Colma Adawin
07-20-2004, 3:18 PM
But when you fight Uthar's master on Korriban, even though Mekel helps you, isn't he still considered an enemy? I forget, but I think he is...

well it depends if you choose to kill him :p if you decide to 'enlighten' him, he will just dissapear, thinking of the Jedi

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 3:25 PM
No I mean during the fight not after. Like when you're attacknig Uthar's master (forgot name), Mekel shows up then as hostile doesn't he? I don't mean in conversation afterwards or anything.

Edit: And there's the psycho Selkath, they all appear as hostile, yet they can attack each other.
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 3:25 PM
They changed that I assume? Cause in jk2 and 3, you can still attack them... But that may be cause it's a different style game I suppose... But when you fight Uthar's master on Korriban, even though Mekel helps you, isn't he still considered an enemy? I forget, but I think he is...
True but it is not a force power. Mekel has been specifically programmed to attack Uthar's Master. I cannot do this with the force power ( and it's a ls force power :D )
 Mono_Giganto
07-20-2004, 3:27 PM
LoL too bad that would've been a great new cheap-spammy force power too....:D
 jedi_5002
07-20-2004, 3:51 PM
The screenshots look good. Great work on making/compiling the mod, and keep it up. Downloaded 1.0, then reloaded the page and saw about 2.0, so I downloaded that. Now to go try it out.

EDIT: Very fun. Thank you very much.
 Fitzwilliam
07-20-2004, 4:23 PM
Fantastic! This is some great work :)

Thank you so much :cool:
 ibo
07-22-2004, 5:50 PM
Thank you very much for your efort!
 Meatloaf Cat
07-22-2004, 8:26 PM
Very nice mod. I'm using a bunch of other mods, but I have not had any conflicts. Once again, great work and thank you!
 FiEND_138
07-22-2004, 8:41 PM
Wow, this is great. No more conflicts :D
Thanx for all your work, A+ job :eyemouth:
 T7nowhere
07-22-2004, 10:05 PM
I finally got a chance to try it out. Fantastic work.
 GhostofAnakin
07-23-2004, 5:28 PM
Just downloaded it now. I'm going to give it a try on my next play thru.
 Kengo
07-24-2004, 2:45 PM
I finally got around to staff picking this file at PCGM. Great work :D
 Darth333
07-25-2004, 8:20 PM
Thanks for all the great comments and the "staff pick" at pcgamemods :)
 Darth333
08-19-2004, 7:59 PM
UPDATE! August 17, 2004, version2.0.1

v.2.0.1 corrects the following bugs:
- loop in the warping armband dialogue that would prevent the use of the armband to travel to Manaan
- loop in the dialogue in the spawn ennemies on demand armband (sith training device) that would prevent to spawn Crado.
- code that would prevent some ennemies to spawn when having a male PC

Available for download at: http://www.pcgamemods.com/6832)
 Maxstate
08-21-2004, 5:03 PM
You know what would really rock????

The ability to cast force powers like wave anywhere and when you want!
Cuz you have to admit something like wave IS *one-of-those-powers-which-u-would-use-anytime*;)

I know they won't hit anything but just to see the animation and those waves makes my heart fill with joy and the feeling that i can do anything which is POWER!!!!:p :ewok:

I would like this very very much, and maybe nobody wants to make it or don't have the time but please just consider the fun of
having your *target bar* (yeah the red bar when you target an enemy:P) above the action menu or just fused in or anything!

These are the powers that i would like to see:
Wave
Stasis field
Storm
and anything else that you could think of but wave and push i think would be the best.

Thanks
either way
:ewok:
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 5:36 PM
It is possible to make powers useable outside battle but we cannot make the target bar appear outside battle. Tk102 already made a force choke armband that you can use whenever you want (included in this all-in-one package).

The best we could do would be to insert the force powers in the friendly force powers menu or put them in an item that you can activate such as an armband. Now, that causes some targetting problem that can be more or less corrected by scripting (i.e. targetting the closet non party member within a certain radius - the smaller the radius, the more accurate the force power is).

If this is to be done, the original powers should be left in the battle targettting menu because more conveninet to use.

Doing this requires to make a new script and edit the .2da table for each force power. It is not complicated but time consuming. If you name one or two powers that you would like to be able to use anytime (I think lightning would be cool) I could do this.
 Maxstate
08-21-2004, 5:45 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!:) :) :)

you are really all they say you are....! ... HEY ADMINS GIVE THIS GIRL a FRIGGIN AWARD OR SOMETHING!!!!

well for the powers: I think i would like them in the action bar,
the blue one down tharrrr!

And those would be:
Wave
Lightning

i'm maybe stepping over my line here but will the mod be fused into the AI1FPM(allinoneforcepowersmod), cuz i don't want to lose all those lovely cool force powers!

So keep me posted!
 Mono_Giganto
08-21-2004, 6:49 PM
LoL, Darth333 you heard the guy, go get yourself some cookies. :D (Darth333 is an admin lol, we call 'em mods at this forum. :))
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 7:28 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
THANK YOU!!!!!!:) :) :)

you are really all they say you are....! ... HEY ADMINS GIVE THIS GIRL a FRIGGIN AWARD OR SOMETHING!!!!

well for the powers: I think i would like them in the action bar,
the blue one down tharrrr!

And those would be:
Wave
Lightning

i'm maybe stepping over my line here but will the mod be fused into the AI1FPM(allinoneforcepowersmod), cuz i don't want to lose all those lovely cool force powers!

So keep me posted!
Ok, I'll try to do this this weekend if I have enough time (if not next weekend).

I'll release a separate package from the AI1FPM but it will be 100% compatible.

I think however that I will reduce the area of effect of both powers or you may run into trouble if you kill by mistake an npc that is necessary for plot advancement. Maybe make them affect one ennemy at a time. What do you think?

*Darth333 gives herself some cookies :burg1: * (the good thing about this is that I can chose my flavor - no obligation to accept those Melba toats - :D )
 Mono_Giganto
08-21-2004, 8:07 PM
Heh I remember the Melba Toasts... Wouldn't it be possible to script the powers so that the npcs get back up again? Kinda like Darth Straker does in the Holowan Spire, or is thet utc editing? Cause if it is that's a lot of work...
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 8:16 PM
It is possible to remove the damage the powers do and add a death animation. So what would you guys prefer: permanent death or remove damage and simply keep the effect?
 Mono_Giganto
08-21-2004, 8:26 PM
I prefer temporary, since it wouldn't really mess up your game or anything. But you should listen to him I guess, it's his request, I'm just trying to be helpful. :) Also temporary allows you to use it as much as you want, not just until everyone's dead.
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 8:56 PM
BTW the script used in the Holowspire was the same as the script I used in the Darth Bandon mod: a simple animation attached to a dialog. For a full force power it is a bit different but I can add such an animation in the script and make it 0 damage.
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 7:28 AM
WELL oops...darn caps lock:p

Well, maybe you can make a "targeter" sorry don't know how to put it differently:bdroid2:

like when a non hostile npc is targeted it is targeted with that blue reticle right?

i wouldn't want to have something like that choke armband(which was pretty good) that i would kill everything around me except the guy i was looking at and targeting:p

So like make WAve damageless-- No damage just a hell of a knockoff -- and lightning hitting just the guy in front of you and killing him.
Don't worry the Sith on Manaan have nothing to do with the plot:evil1:

And i too don't like melba toasts:ewok: that are those things that look like crackers but taste differently right?

Well give yourself another pack of cookies cuz the time schedule you made iz far above my expectations!

So i'm only 15 so this week my school's starting again but i'm avalaible every workday from 4 to 8 and every weekend from 12 to 24:D

well i'm here all the time so again keep me posted.

Post Scriptum:
Sorry about my admin moderator mix up:newbie: (i've only been to 3 forums with a total of 70 posts:p )

But i've been on these things since i'm 7 and i'm a star wars fan:lsduel: NOT a geek, a fan:ewok:

Everyday trough he is a (weird music) --Mild manored star wars fan--
but at night he turn's into (again some stupid weird music) --an above average --Star wars fan--!

This sunday the empire strikes back!

Bye bye
Armin
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 7:38 AM
DAAAANG! i'm so excited i said Well 4 times:eek: :eek:

But i'm glad that more people like the idea, It's really like in the diablo rpg series you could even ATTACK with your weapon where you want but that's really stupid cause the only damage your dealing is to the air:p.

so don't like that but the magic for example in almost all D&D series games and other rpg's
you could at least have one type of magic that you could fire when and where you like. and that was pretty handy like in
Neverwinter Nights you could shoot a fireball where you wanted,
so i waited when a pack of enemies came close and then shot in front of them to give 'em all a big pack of damage -- splash damage that is-- so that gave you alot of more freedom in the game. or at least for me:p

Sorry for double posting but i forgot to tell you this in my post before this one:P

Armin
 Darth333
08-22-2004, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by Maxstate

like when a non hostile npc is targeted it is targeted with that blue reticle right?

i wouldn't want to have something like that choke armband(which was pretty good) that i would kill everything around me except the guy i was looking at and targeting:p

Unfortunately, targetting with a force power placed in the "friendly force menu" cannot be as precise as the battle screen. The reticle wont appear on top of the npc: this is hardcoded :( and there is nothing we can do about except reduce the possible area of action of the script so there are less npcs cught in it and more chances that the one you will want to fry will be the ultimate target. The force choke armband uses a radius of 17 m., perhaps I could reduce it to 7 or 8. You will have to be closer to your target when you cast the power.

So like make Wave damageless-- No damage just a hell of a knockoff -- and lightning hitting just the guy in front of you and killing him.
ok so if I understand correctly, you want a "fake" force wave that will just throw ennemies away without hurting tham but the lightning one has to cause permanent death?
And i too don't like melba toasts:ewok: that are those things that look like crackers but taste differently right? yeah...those things that just taste like...Melba toast.
Well give yourself another pack of cookies cuz the time schedule you made iz far above my expectations!
So i'm only 15 so this week my school's starting again but i'm avalaible every workday from 4 to 8 and every weekend from 12 to 24:D
The schedule is an approximate one. I hope I'll be able to do it within this time. For the cookies I chose chocolate: much better than Melba toast :D
And about school, enjoy it while you can :D: this may sound crazy but you'll understand soon :p (ahhh...I wish I had that much free time again :rolleyes: )

One more thing: there is an edit function for your posts so you can edit them instead of double posting ;)
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 9:32 AM
Good an yes you've got me right

The wave is kind of a fake to throw every nearby npc(if possible)
on his BEhind!

and the lightning yeah well just in front of your character and the choke armband, well leave that be i actually like it the way it is:p

Yeah lightning should have permanent death, i can always quickload if i fried somebodythat wasn't meant to be a french fry.

But the lightning if you make the radius at about 6 to 7 meters as you wanted for the choke armband, and i was standing about 5 meters in front of 3 npc's would the power fry 'em all or just one>?

Thanks for the edit tip once more

PS: Do you have some kind of msg program like MSn messenger or something? cause somethings would bequicker to explain that way!

Armin
Page: 1 of 2