Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Character for next game

Page: 1 of 1
 darthmikeyd
07-13-2004, 6:55 PM
When the next game finally comes out, which character would you rather be, Kyle, Jaden, or some other character?

I think I personally would like to go back to being Kyle.
 ninjaofthenorth
07-13-2004, 7:22 PM
I would love to be Kyle agian.
 Tinny
07-13-2004, 8:11 PM
lando.... stumbles upon the valley of the jedi.
 Master William
07-14-2004, 1:20 AM
Rosh
 TK-8252
07-14-2004, 1:45 AM
Originally posted by Master William
Rosh

Are you kidding?
 --ZeeMan--
07-14-2004, 3:44 AM
lol well if you finished the game you know it can be like kotor2 with the sequel so i'm gonna say jaden
 Crow_Nest
07-14-2004, 3:45 AM
Originally posted by Master William
Rosh

In the last few levels, you get to decide whether to kill rosh and turn to the dark side or spare him and stay on the light, it is your choice. There are many people who play this game, and some of them will kill rosh and turn dark. So how is it possible that we can play Rosh in the next game (if theres gonna be one....) if rosh can either live or die?
 Alegis
07-14-2004, 9:32 AM
Crow_nest, just like KOTOR2. You decide what has happened in the previous game..Oh well

I'd be rosh as well :p
 Master William
07-14-2004, 12:04 PM
ROSH you noobs :p

Seriously though, it depends on if you follow the storyline from the Light or Dark perspective. If looked at from the Dark, we have a sequel with an evil Jaden for sure.
 AJL
07-14-2004, 12:48 PM
1. I don't want to play Kyle or Luke or any Master level jedi...

2. I think it would be best if you are completely new character
and you should be able to choose your sex and appearance...
(But more like in KOTOR than in ACADEMY... I think it would be
better if you would be limited to human and clothing shouldn't
be part of the "permanent" appearance...)

There should be lots of different kind of clothing in the game...
(And they should affect how characters around you act... For
example it might be easier to sneak around in some Imperial
base wearing stormtrooper uniform than Jedi robe or Rebel/
Bepublic army uniform...)

3. I think you shouldn't be jedi/have force powers from the
begining... (You might have lightsaber but if so there should
be CLEAR difference in your perfomance using it... No blaster
blocking, No throwing, ... And only simple (clumsy) slashing
moves...) (maybe you should even be able to hurt/kill your
self with it when you haven't been trained to use it yet...)

4. I think your jedi/sith training shouldn't even start so soon
like in Jedi Academy... More like in Outcast... But you should
be important character and become very powerfull later...

5. Less Jedi/Sith enemies (but those much more skillfull) and
much more Gunner enemies... (Bring back the empire or some
new big HUGE army...) I don't want to be in the superior side
running around cleaning planets of those pathetic remnant
guys and such...

6. The game shouldn't end so that enemy is again defeated
and everything is fine...
 Cheech Marin
07-14-2004, 12:57 PM
For those of you against playing as Rosh because you have the choice to either kill him or spare him: Remember back in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight? If you choose the dark path you end up killing Jan, but in JO it is assumed that Kyle is on the light side and Jan is alive and well. So in a JA sequel why wouldn't they assume that Jaden stayed on the light side and didn't kill Rosh?
 acdcfanbill
07-14-2004, 11:47 PM
kyle, gotta get back to playing the main guy again :)
 Samuel Dravis
07-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Kyle is much better than the stand in character they made for JA, Jaden.
 darthmikeyd
07-15-2004, 5:36 AM
I could see this story possibly going in a couple of different ways. If they go with the light side ending, we could be almost anyone in the sequel. However, if they went with the dark side ending, I think it would be cool to be Kyle, either going to bring Jaden back, or kill him if necessary. Either way, I am sure the game will be good and I can't wait for it.
 ObiKast
07-15-2004, 3:13 PM
I hope the next JA be during the clone wars, and you could play as Obi Wan, or General Windu.:)
 acdcfanbill
07-15-2004, 6:45 PM
if it were set then, it prob wouldnt be part of the jedi knight game series.
 RS_ManiAc
07-15-2004, 7:11 PM
I wanna be a sith on the next game!:D
 Jaden Malip
07-16-2004, 6:49 PM
I think it should start before the clone wars and you go through all the training etc, then the battle of geonosis and loads of other clone wars battles.
 Obi_Kwiet
07-17-2004, 1:17 AM
The JA story line was so predictable and childish it could bore a 6 year old. I hope they scrap the whole Jaden thing, and do something with Kyle from scratch. Ancient Sith ruins and that kind of stuff. Good puzzles like in JK, and Mots, not like JO, or even worse JA. Oh, and levles that are pertinant to the story line, not drop ya in kill some guys and get out 15 min later. And PLEASE not the Quake 3 engine! I hate that thing! It was nice 3 years ago but not now! Oh! Guns that can get past your saber and take more than 2 hp away! Mabey some old dark troopers comming back would be nice.
 Kurgan
07-17-2004, 8:48 AM
Jar Jar
 Tyler_Durden
07-17-2004, 3:21 PM
I said this before but:

I think they should call the sequel: Jedi Academy 2: Electric Boogaloo with Hulk Hogan as the baddie, " If you only knew the power of the dark side, BROTHER!!!"
 PR-0927
07-17-2004, 6:17 PM
Only the best...me. :D

:fett:
 doughnutslayer
07-18-2004, 3:34 AM
What about as a bounty hunter trying to hunt down Jaden or something?

:tommys::slsaber:
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
07-20-2004, 12:57 AM
What if you were to choose from the beginning whether to be Dark Side or Light Side? Perhaps there would be a few points later in the game where you could choose to change sides. Multiple times. :p All of it centering around one conflict.

I suppose that sounds a bit like KotOR... but whatever. :D

Mostly likely, the main character would not be Kyle or Jaden. Definitely someone with a little more backstory than Jaden. I'm pretty sure Kyle had some... but that may be all those Anthony Pigget single player levels that I can't remember the name of from Jedi Knight DF2 and MotS. :rolleyes: Who ever the character turns out to be, I would want more customization than we had in JA. More races with both genders, perhaps a unisex race, more facial customization (i.e. a slider that has 20 eye choices, 20 nose choices, and 20 mouth choices all able to be matched) with more clothing choices. Maybe you get to choose your clothing for each mission, if the game even had a 'choose your mission' format similar to JA.
 Sabretooth
07-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Kyle... or another customizable character...

I secretly wish for Greedo or Jabba the Hutt
 Master William
07-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Kyle's son?
 Prime
07-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by AJL
(You might have lightsaber but if so there should
be CLEAR difference in your perfomance using it... No blaster
blocking, No throwing, ... And only simple (clumsy) slashing
moves...) (maybe you should even be able to hurt/kill your
self with it) That sounds amazingly not fun.
 Cercueil
07-20-2004, 4:46 PM
I wouldnt want to play as ANY current character. I would prefer to create my own to suit my desires....har.

as for the dark and light stuff it should be based on your actions in the game. constantly changing the outcome as you go along.

ive noticed in JA that at times the enemy would raise their hands in surrender...your journey begins on whether you kill them or, perhaps, having a knockout option. also what force powers you pick and how many times you use them. the current game keeps track of how many times i used them, but it has no actual application to the story...i dont care how many times i used grip, lightning, push, pull, heal....unless it has a purpose.

I like the idea of being able to customize your character and do so frequently during play using the console. i dont change the race, just the close and trim color.

the story shouldnt be so linear,either. let me have more mission options with some missions moving along several maps (if possible) and losing out on some because i chose to do this one.

stuff like that.
 FiEND_138
07-21-2004, 3:50 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
Kyle is much better than the stand in character they made for JA, Jaden.

My feelings as well. Bring back Kyle.
 DarthBaneDB
08-09-2004, 11:50 AM
You could play as two charcters. Like in MOTS. When u played Kyle for the first part, and Mara for the second.

Or they could do a differnet game, not part of JK, and have your favs like :maul5: and Qui Gon, like doing EU missions.
 Nokill
08-09-2004, 11:57 AM
thay schoud make ppl choce themself and make it like KOTOR that you can buy your own close and stuf and even do your hair :D

and deside to work for the jedi or go recruit sith and take down the jedi empire ;)

make ppl have choice thats what makes games good
and add more SP missions and stuf make it a game that only fits on one or 2 :p DVD's :D
Page: 1 of 1