Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Taunts?

Page: 1 of 1
 Optik45
07-02-2004, 7:08 PM
I remember in Jedi Outcast you could make Kyle spin his lightsaber in his hand as a taunt. It had no use but looked pretty cool. I cant seem to find that feature in Jedi Academy, Does anyone know if it is even available anymore.

I tried typing taunt in the console but it just makes my characters hand gesture as to "Come and get me"
 Alegis
07-02-2004, 8:24 PM
in duels, there are some that come with jedi academy like gloat etc. Taunt changes for which sabertype you go

On a lot of servers there is an admin mod with emotes though, theres a help command for all of tgheml but i dont know em, check the console when you connect
 _PerfectAgent_
07-02-2004, 8:34 PM
I think Optik is talking about Single Player.

I'm not sure what the command is. Did you try victory? That one may be it.
 Crow_Nest
07-03-2004, 10:27 AM
victory is actually a code that is supposed to complete that current level, however does not work.

If im not wrong, the one which spins the saber above your hand only works with single saber, its either gloat or flourish.
 Nalukai
07-04-2004, 1:06 AM
nah, normal dual bind for taunt is T and that is the command for the saberoff spin in all stances.

flourish n gloats in will tap on ground, hold high in air, or toss into air and around your back depending what stance you are in .
 sircursealot
07-09-2004, 8:47 PM
Assuming this is single saber - red and yellow stances both have the taunt effect like you mentioned. However, blue has the lightsaber spin effect.
Not sure if this works on the single saber stance on staff (yellow) and dual (blue).
 JediDrone
05-14-2005, 2:59 PM
It's an old topic but it seems to be the rights subject :p

Just today I was fighting 'alora_dual' npc went i suddenly was nocked pretty far away...

Running back to the battle field, I saw alora do a taunt that I did not see before. She lifted a litte and was spinning the 2 sabers above her in the air. Looked pretty cool!

Anyone here who knows the cmd/bind for that taunt/emote?
 Kurgan
05-20-2005, 4:09 AM
You can't do Alora's special taunt, it's AI only, UNLESS you use a mod that enables it (usually to replace one of the other taunts/moves).

In JA, they are all called "taunts."

"emotes" is a term invented by the JK2 community for some extra animations added (that usually froze you in place, you could only look around; and also made you partially invulnerable which was silly but oh well). Actually they weren't really added.. they just took some animations from SP and put them into MP.

Anyway, here are the "taunts" from JA you can do:

taunt
bow
meditate
gloat
flourish

The last two can ONLY be done if you are holding a lightsaber type weapon. These taunts all work in Single Player as well as Duel/PowerDuel in MP. In the other game modes you can only use taunt, UNLESS you are using a mod that enables them in all game modes (several do this, including now OJP).
Page: 1 of 1