Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

3D accel. Xwing95 under WinXP: Solution found

Page: 1 of 1
 DocMutwill
07-01-2004, 3:36 AM
Hi folks,

I found a solution for playing Xwing95 (The one that came with Xwing Collector's Series) with hardware acceleration.

Just rename the XWING95.EXE to Z_XVT__.EXE. This should do the job. Could not belive it at first but it works!

Credits don't go to myself tho. Look here for the original message
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?forumID=13&threadID=1037&messageID=7949#7949)

Maybe this works for Tie95 as well?

Enjoy!
Doc
 Wildstar
07-01-2004, 3:59 PM
Nice catch, Doc. I've alerted the Red & Blue CommNet, the gang on MECantina.com, and the X-Wing Legacy folks about this workaround. I've also asked them to try it w/ TIE95 and I'll get back to you about it. :D
 Wildstar
07-01-2004, 7:21 PM
Doc

Emperor's Hammer used to have a page where they posted how to get TIE95 to run (with hardware acceleration) in WinXP. It's been taken down, but my squad's XO, Leo, has reposted it on the Red & Blue CommNet (http://crs-morningstar.net/commnet/viewtopic.php?t=646) (look for Leo's second post to the topic). Hope this helps you (and anyone else in your predicament).
 ^Invader
07-03-2004, 9:14 AM
Tried it with Tie95 no works since i don't have XW at this present time all i did was get crashes but im going to try a few things first.
 ^Invader
07-03-2004, 10:01 AM
now i have a AMD 2500+ with 1.5 gigs of ram now i find a usual problem with Tie 95, Which im starting to think im way too fast for it :)

Now The only way the intro for Tie doesn't run in what i call Chipmonk mode is if i have another game running which at this time is SWG. And the intro and everything is running fine. Anyone else having these problems?
 CortoCG
07-03-2004, 1:13 PM
Let me see If I get it, this applies to XWing and Tie collectors edition too? Becuz I'm getting that freaking Directx problem.
 ^Invader
07-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I don't think it really applies to Tie Fighter, if you get the compatibility toolkit from microsoft you can run tie but without hardware acceleration :(
 Wildstar
07-04-2004, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by ^Invader
I don't think it really applies to Tie Fighter, if you get the compatibility toolkit from microsoft you can run tie but without hardware acceleration :(

I thought you might be able to run TIE95 w/ hardware acceleration if you got the compatibility toolkit. Oh well.
 ^Invader
07-04-2004, 9:22 PM
yeah i was really disappointed too :( oh well at least it still works hehe
Page: 1 of 1