Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question on creatures?

Page: 1 of 1
 Raptor3k
06-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Is it possible to add monsters, etc, into JA, and if so anyone know how, or if there is a tutorial?

This is what my friend wants to add to JA...

http://www.ta-mod.com/uploads/NHS.jpg)

It is right now a WIP, ecspecally the skin.
 razorace
06-30-2004, 7:22 AM
Monsters as vehicles in MP or like NPCs for SP?
 keshire
06-30-2004, 7:31 AM
Somebody's been watching pitch black.

And as far as npc's go I'm not sure if you'll be able to make it fly in a realistic manner.
 CortoCG
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
It's possible to make a creature, actually, howlers are creature, aren't they? But Keshire is right, in order to have a fully functional creature, the way you want, you'll need to code some new AI behavior.
I guess you can use the howler for the AI, since it has the ability to jump really high and has large teeth with claws, like the creature you posted.
You will also need to make custom animations for each of the howler's in order to make it work right. But that's not the big deal, it just demands hard work.
 Raptor3k
07-02-2004, 9:08 PM
Appearently my friend wants to play as one, but dosnt want it to be a vehical... Any ideas.

CortoCG, thanks for the info.
 CortoCG
07-02-2004, 11:43 PM
He won't be able to play it as a jedi, nor a marksman, only a melee attacker. But i's possible to use it as a player anyways.
First of all, he must build the model using all the conventions to build any other player model, like segments, caps, hierarchy, bolts, etc etc etc.
Then he will have to build the proper skeleton, and set all the envelopes for the mesh to deform accordingly, I guess it's called skin modifier in 3dsmax terms.
Then, at the most hard work part of all, he will have to make, at least, all the basic animations to be able to operate the model. Those anims would be: walking, running, jumping, dying, melee attacking, etc.
It would be very nice to see someone doing this kind of work besides me. I'm already doing it with a creature for a mod I'm working on, and so far I've been getting very good results.
 Raptor3k
07-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
 CortoCG
07-04-2004, 3:01 AM
You're welcome.
 CortoCG
07-04-2004, 3:04 AM
But I think that more than interesting is complex, lol. Just a thought.
 LightNinja
07-09-2004, 8:07 AM
anyway you could finish it, althought you wouldnt be able play as one and the AI should be some of the ones that are in the game, it would be very very nice see one of those in game, for example it would be like a rockettrooper which can fly and walk
 CortoCG
07-09-2004, 10:14 AM
You can play as one, just lower the console and type "playermodel your_creature" and you'll play as you creature. At least in SP, never tried in MP though.
Page: 1 of 1