Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Beta Testing

Page: 1 of 1
 Winduwt105
06-24-2004, 5:24 PM
Does anyone know when people can sign up for beta testing? Where? and when they wikll start it?
 ZBomber
06-24-2004, 5:47 PM
If they are gonna do beta testing, you'll probably need to sign up at the official site..... my guess is September 2004.
 Pad
06-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Betatesting a normal fps? If there hasnt been made some kind of announcement, chances are slim.
 StormHammer
06-26-2004, 1:55 PM
I very much doubt there will be external beta testing for this game.
 ZBomber
06-27-2004, 11:01 AM
If anything there may be a sneak peak demo in a gaming magazine. Even that would be good. ;)
 Kurgan
06-28-2004, 1:46 AM
About the only games that do any kind of public beta testing (with the exception of Q3 when it came out) tend to be massively multiplayer games that RELY on multiplayer and to a smaller extent games like Diablo 2 for that same reason.

LucasArts has a history of having closed source, closed beta games, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sure, this is Unreal Tech, but then, why would they need extensive external testing? The game isn't going to be huge with hundreds or thousands of players online on one server, so there isn't much reason to, except fanboy hype.

If there is a demo, I would expect (as per gaming industry tradition) that it won't come out until after the game has gone gold.

As to a demo I'd love to see another "it's not just a level ripped from the full game but a new scenario to show off the engine but not spoil everything" type. But that's just a hope, I have nothing to confirm or deny that this will happen!

PS: I'm sure you guys all heard that RC is being delayed (until Fall/Winter 2004).
Page: 1 of 1