Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two questions concerning bugs with mods/utils.

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
I have the holowan plugin 2, and a problem.

I selected only a few things to be installed besides the plug in, and not the malak reskins. Yet when I open up the game, at the title screen (new game, load game, ect men) Boom, malak mech model. So I think that it installed all of the mods for some reason, so could anyone tell me how to fix this?
 Mav
06-16-2004, 11:02 PM
Try uninstalling all your mods then re-install the Holowan Plug-in
 T7nowhere
06-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Don't uninstal it. just remove these three files N_DarthMalak01.tga, N_JediMalekH02.tga and N_DarthMalakh01.tga

and malak will be back to normal

the files are in the main install. I never noticed because I always use that skin.
 AIVAS
06-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Don't uninstal it. just remove these three files N_DarthMalak01.tga, N_JediMalekH02.tga and N_DarthMalakh01.tga

and malak will be back to normal

the files are in the main install. I never noticed because I always use that skin.

Ok, thank you. So now, since the same thing happened with the dual sabers, (two blades that are different colors) what files would I remove for that? I'm just wondering, because I really hate mantle of the force being teal and blue.
 T7nowhere
06-17-2004, 4:45 AM
So now, since the same thing happened with the dual sabers

huh? Ok maybe you did install all the optional mods which can be avoided if you install the mod with the typical setting. You will however still have to remove the mech malak skin. The easiest way to remove the double sabers is to uninstall the entire plug-in through add/remove programs then just reinstall it and choose Typical, unless you do want a couple of the optional mods. Just be sure to only "check" the mods you want.
 Drog
06-17-2004, 6:43 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
huh? Ok maybe you did install all the optional mods which can be avoided if you install the mod with the typical setting. You will however still have to remove the mech malak skin. The easiest way to remove the double sabers is to uninstall the entire plug-in through add/remove programs then just reinstall it and choose Typical, unless you do want a couple of the optional mods. Just be sure to only "check" the mods you want.

Or he'll delete the files in override folder? i havent downloaded it yet but i'll be sure to do it some time :D
 T7nowhere
06-17-2004, 7:02 AM
Originally posted by Drog
Or he'll delete the files in override folder? i havent downloaded it yet but i'll be sure to do it some time :D

there are files in other places besides override in the plug-in ;P
 AIVAS
06-17-2004, 5:34 PM
The thing is, I download nothing but the plug-in itself, replication power, trask items, and the one that takes more exp to level up, but you get more feats/powers per level. Possibly something else, but I don't know. I play the game, and I have mech malak, and dual sabers that are completley normal, only each blade is a different color, such as red is red and purple, bastilas yellow is yellow and orange, mantle of the force is teal and blue, ect.

Typical won't allow me to get the specific mods I want without those things, it seems. So I need to know what files to remove for single-colored sabers, and what else the mod could have installed without my knowing.

(Also, I didn't find ANY documentation in ANY of the mods/readmes about making bastila blond, but I don't mind that at all ;) )
Page: 1 of 1